• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 NBA Playoffs Thread - In Memory of Agent Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
HAHAH.

I don't want Kobe.

**** no.

I love the core of Roy/LMA/Oden. Kobe ain't needed.

I told you, Mitch Kupchak's legacy will be the guy that traded away Shaq and Kobe. BRILLIANT.

reilo said:
HAHAH.

I don't want Kobe.

**** no.

I love the core of Roy/LMA/Oden. Kobe ain't needed.

I told you, Mitch Kupchak's legacy will be the guy that traded away Shaq and Kobe. BRILLIANT.

Just know that Oden won't be there forever...

He said in that interview "I would love to go to a city with sunny, warm weather by the beach..."
DWYANE-KOBE-DORELL-UDONIS-GREG

jk

bionic77

Cerrius said:
Wright, Williams, and Walker for Kobe is the best trade Lakers can get right now.

They get a great point guard in J. Will, a good small forward in Antoine and a future superstar in Dorell Wright. Another thing, Dorell IS from LA so his marketability there will be through the roof.

DO IT MITCH

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=881~933~2423~110&teams=13~13~13~14

EDIT: Kobe, Shaq and Wade = I said wow.
How on Earth could that work? It doesn't seem possible to have those three guys on the same team. And remember there is only one ball, if they don't win the championship everyone is going to be pissed off most of the time.

reilo

pheeniks said:
Just know that Oden won't be there forever...

He said in that interview "I would love to go to a city with sunny, warm weather by the beach..."
DWYANE-KOBE-DORELL-UDONIS-GREG

jk

It's 11:42AM in Portland and 75 degrees with a clear sky.

I call that sunny.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
bionic77 said:
How on Earth could that work? It doesn't seem possible to have those three guys on the same team. And remember there is only one ball, if they don't win the championship everyone is going to be pissed off most of the time.

Realistically, it's not possible because next year Wade's salary goes WAY up.

but who cares about reality? I CAN DREAM CANT I??

I think it's pretty obvious that Kobe is headed to Seattle. A Ray for Kobe swap. Kobe + Durant or Oden. I mean, it's staring everyone in the face. Don't thank me; as usual, I'm glad to elucidate the NBA thread with whatever insight I have.

reilo

Bryant will obviously waive his no-trade clause, but he has a trade kicker in his contract that is believed to add about $13 million to his total contract value, a cost to be absorbed by any team that acquires him. The money would be paid like a signing bonus and would not count toward the salary cap. The Lakers had to pay a similar fee to Lamar Odom when they acquired him from Miami three years ago, paying him about $8 million.

:lol

Grifter said:
Isiah should offer Mitch a trade of Jamal Crawford AND a choice of Starbury or Franchise or both! Also, Knicks would cover all salaries cuz hey...what's another $20m in luxury tax when you're already 60 over?
I don't want Kobe on the team. Also we'd need to deal Lee AND Balkman/Frye for it to happen. No way that happens.

reilo said:
It's 11:42AM in Portland and 75 degrees with a clear sky.

I call that sunny.

80 F, mostly cloudy, hot women, katherine the heat dancer, and south beach.

sunnier

Also, a new jesus is born into the world, Zion Malachi Airamis Wade

firex

holy shit. ok, if that trade machine could actually work (we know it won't, though) I'd be ok with Kobe to the pistons. The only bad part is the Kurse.

Grifter

The Frankman said:
I don't want Kobe on the team. Also we'd need to deal Lee AND Balkman/Frye for it to happen. No way that happens.

Kidding, it'd be sickening to see him here. I DO want to drop our PGs off a cliff tho.

reilo

Jamele Hill, the idiot that said Kobe was better than MJ, is on 1st and 10 discussing Kobe right now on ESPN.

Grifter said:
Kidding, it'd be sickening to see him here. I DO want to drop our PGs off a cliff tho.
Don't worry, Mets are trying their hardest to deal Francis. Wasn't a Isiah move anyway.

Code:
[B]Kobe Bryant[/B]
6-6 SG from Lower Merion (HS)
31.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg in 40.8 minutes
Incoming

[B][I][U]FOR:[/U][/I][/B]

[B]Steve Francis[/B]
6-3 PG from Maryland
11.3 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 3.9 apg in 28.1 minutes

[B]Channing Frye[/B]
6-11 PF from Arizona
9.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 26.4 minutes

Knicks 2008 1st Rnd Draft Pick

Trade Successful under RealGM! :lol :lol :lol

reilo

They are discussing Kobe for Dirk.

YEA!

Portland giving up first pick = bad move.

Jamele Hill doing her Kobe slobbering, as usual.

npm0925

Kobe to the Bulls all but confirmed. I think Hinrich, Gordon, and the #9 pick would seal the deal. Then the Bulls could make Duhon the starting PG.

bionic77

reilo said:
Jamele Hill, the idiot that said Kobe was better than MJ, is on 1st and 10 discussing Kobe right now on ESPN.
Kobe is better than MJ. If he goes to the Bulls that will become obvious within a few years.

But Kobe is staying in LA or else I will detonate these explosives that I have attached to Konex.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
npm0925 said:
Kobe to the Bulls all but confirmed. I think Hinrich, Gordon, and the #9 pick would seal the deal. Then the Bulls could make Duhon the starting PG.

Doesnt work. Bulls would be a shitload over the cap

reilo

"He met with me at the Four Seasons Hotel here [in Newport Beach, Calif.] across from Fashion Island, which is now the Island Hotel," Bryant told Smith. "I went up to his penthouse suite. [Buss] looks me dead in the face and says: 'Kobe, I am not going to re-sign Shaq. I am not about to pay him $30 million a year or $80 million over three years. No way in hell. I feel like he's getting older. His body is breaking down, and I don't want to pay that money to him when I can get value for him right now rather than wait.

"This is my decision. It's independent of you. My mind is made up. It doesn't matter to me what you do in free agency because I do not want to pay [Shaq], period.'"

"Dr. Buss said that," Bryant told Smith. "And I haven't said anything for years because I've always felt like folks were just looking to create controversy. Now I know. I realize what extent [the Lakers] will go to, to cover themselves."

Reached afterward, O'Neal told Smith that he believed his former teammate to be beyond reproach.

"I believe Kobe 100 percent," O'Neal said when reached in Los Angeles. "Absolutely. There's no doubt in my mind Kobe is telling the truth. I believe him a thousand percent.

"I would have respected Dr. Buss more as a man if he would have told me that himself, because I know he said it. But he didn't [tell me]. He never said a damn word to me."

Karakand

Oh man, I didn't really want to be right yesterday but it looks like I was. :(

AstroLad said:
No matter what happens, Lakers are going to be a joke for a long time.

This is an organization that's missed the playoffs less times than the Setting Playoff Suns have won division titles. So no.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Karakand said:
Oh man, I didn't really want to be right yesterday but it looks like I was. :(

This is an organization that's missed the playoffs less times than the Setting Playoff Suns have won division titles. So no.

What the hell does that have to do with the future? Sorry to disappoint you, but you don't get bonus wins next year for historical performance.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
bionic77 said:
Kobe is better than MJ. If he goes to the Bulls that will become obvious within a few years.
But Kobe is staying in LA or else I will detonate these explosives that I have attached to Konex.

:lol :lol :lol

bionic77

Who the **** is Kobe's PR person?

Someone needs to control him.

Lakers need to grow some balls and make him play next season. Don't fold Mitch, this is your last chance!

Bitch ass pussyhole!!!!!!!!!

He knows the West is gonna get crazy the next five years, its just not realistic for him and the Lakers to do anything...imo, He wanna go east, and fight lebron for NBA Finals appearances...thats all it feels like to me

Now, NOW, he doesnt want to be the scapegoat...after he let his personality get destroyed...and also by this same 100 percent Shaq, who didnt like him for some time:lol

Can the Finals start PLEASE

EekTheKat

This is great stuff :lol

Kobe doesn't trust the Laker front office, wants Jerry West back. Says getting Jerry West back would help with the situation.

Jerry West is friends with Mitch Kupchak - he doesn't want to out Mitch. That and he's 69 and sounds like he's ready to ride off into the sunset.

Jerry West supposedly didn't get along with Phil and had problems with Jerry Buss.

Jerry Buss wants to give the team to Jim + Jeannie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom