• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 NBA Playoffs Thread - In Memory of Agent Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
jordan0386 said:
Bitch ass pussyhole!!!!!!!!!

He knows the West is gonna get crazy the next five years, its just not realistic for him and the Lakers to do anything...imo, He wanna go east, and fight lebron for NBA Finals appearances...thats all it feels like to me

Now, NOW, he doesnt want to be the scapegoat...after he let his personality get destroyed...and also by this same 100 percent Shaq, who didnt like him for some time:lol

Can the Finals start PLEASE

I also believe he wants to fight Lebron in the East. And it will be smart of him to do that.

bionic77

Kobe is retarded. He makes himself look so much worse by going on all these talk shows and bitching about Mitch teaming him with trash like Smush Parker.

****ing moron. I have to think that Konex is either his agent or PR person. That is the only logical explanation.

Still hope Mitch keeps Kobe around.

Don't leave me Kobe!

mckmas8808

EekTheKat said:
This is great stuff :lol

Kobe doesn't trust the Laker front office, wants Jerry West back. Says getting Jerry West back would help with the situation.

Jerry West is friends with Mitch Kupchak - he doesn't want to out Mitch. That and he's 69 and sounds like he's ready to ride off into the sunset.

Jerry West supposedly didn't get along with Phil and had problems with Jerry Buss.

Jerry Buss wants to give the team to Jim + Jeannie.

So do you think Kobe knows all of this and realizes that Jerry ain't coming back? Therefore it's a perfect reason for him to leave and go to the Eastern Conference?

Vyer

Sounds like he's just throwing his weight around.

On the Dan Patrick Interview he's all "I'd like to retire a Laker, hopefully we can work this out.../I talked to Phil he told me everything's going to be okay/it's so tough, wah wah".

The Lakers may get pissed enough to trade him from all this. But it sounds like Kobe just is trying to get things the way he wants them.

Kobe is my dude, but I have always known he is a phony...did you hear his dramatic pauses, as if he was gonna cry:lol

I love ya, bean...but dont act like Arenas, and other guys in the East wont come for your head 4x a year...55 wins is not signed sealed and delivered

mckmas8808

jordan0386 said:
Kobe is my dude, but I have always known he is a phony...did you hear his dramatic pauses, as if he was gonna cry:lol

I love ya, bean...but dont act like Arenas, and other guys in the East wont come for your head 4x a year...55 wins is not signed sealed and delivered

He was bitching up there. Those damn pauses had me laughing. But the funny thing is he did the same pausing this morning on the Steven A Smith show in New York.

But the Lakers didn't have to blame Kobe for the trade of Shaq though. That was wrong.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
3 way deal: Kobe, Zach Randolph, the Lakers 2008 1st round pick (which could be very high without Kobe) to Seattle, Ray Allen to Portland, Kevin Durant to the Lakers

NOT MY TRADE IDEA. Don't shoot the messenger. Works under trade machine.

So, Seattle gets Kobe/Zach.

Lakers get #2 (Durant) + change (salary).

And Portland gets Ray Allen + change (salary).

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I broke the news Sunday

Kobe to the 76ers for AI, Miller, and 2 of their 3 1st round draft picks

get him out the west plz

EekTheKat

All this needs now is the Laker inside source being exposed :lol

Jerry Buss *may* cave in and bring back Jerry West, if he's sticking to his word that he wants to build this team around Kobe. He'd have to throw an awful lot of money at him though, and even then odds are West will only be there just to make Kobe happy, and not make any significant contributions to personel due to Mitch and Jim Buss.

Mitch can be the one that takes the fall, but IMHO Jerry Buss isn't about to hand the entire team over to Jerry West again, since it seems like Jim "Bynum is Untouchable" and Jeannie Buss is being groomed to take over the Lakers.

IMHO Jerry West sounds like he really wants to retire, citing that "he's served his time in the NBA". He probably won't go to the Laker immediately considering he's coming off of that horrible year with the Griz (insert photo of Jerry West at this year's draft here).

This was an interesting excerpt about the relationship between Phil and Jerry West as well:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-24-122/Jerry-West-and-Phil-Jackson--Oil-and-Water.html

I tend to agree with Kobe not being moved at all this year - He'll be there for the annual Laker beatdown again by the Suns again for the 2008 season. As angry as he sounds I still believe him when he says he wanted to retire a Laker. And he's still the marquee draw that keeps fans going to Laker games.

One thing that remains true throughout the whole thing though - the Laker front office is pretty screwed up.

mckmas8808

jobber said:
I broke the news Sunday

Kobe to the 76ers for AI, Miller, and 2 of their 3 1st round draft picks

get him out the west plz

You a few months late? How will that work?

reilo

EekTheKat said:
All this needs now is the Laker inside source being exposed :lol

Jerry Buss *may* cave in and bring back Jerry West, if he's sticking to his word that he wants to build this team around Kobe. He'd have to throw an awful lot of money at him though, and even then odds are West will only be there just to make Kobe happy, and not make any significant contributions to personel due to Mitch and Jim Buss.

Mitch can be the one that takes the fall, but IMHO Jerry Buss isn't about to hand the entire team over to Jerry West again, since it seems like Jim "Bynum is Untouchable" and Jeannie Buss is being groomed to take over the Lakers.

IMHO Jerry West sounds like he really wants to retire, citing that "he's served his time in the NBA". He probably won't go to the Laker immediately considering he's coming off of that horrible year with the Griz (insert photo of Jerry West at this year's draft here).

This was an interesting excerpt about the relationship between Phil and Jerry West as well:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-24-122/Jerry-West-and-Phil-Jackson--Oil-and-Water.html

I tend to agree with Kobe not being moved at all this year - He'll be there for the annual Laker beatdown again by the Suns again for the 2008 season. As angry as he sounds I still believe him when he says he wanted to retire a Laker. And he's still the marquee draw that keeps fans going to Laker games.

One thing that remains true throughout the whole thing though - the Laker front office is pretty screwed up.

Did you just suggest Lakers making playoffs next year?

jobber

mckmas8808 said:
You a few months late? How will that work?

^^^^^^^ what he said and ...
01-large-sack-cash.gif

jobber

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Fisher is in NY at this ver moment so he might not make tonight's game and D Will is unsure if he can go @ 100%

white flag has been waved.

Gigglepoo

I don't think it's possible for the Pacers to get Kobe without giving up Jermaine. ESPN Approved a trade I had that sent Dirk to the Lakers and Granger, Dunlevey and Tinsley to Dallas (the Pacers getting Kobe, of course) but that is so ridiculously implausible.

I wouldn't mind having Kobe on my team, though. Kobe and JO together would dominate the East.

Yeah, it seems Kobe is on the rag right now. But I think it's just what the Lakers need to shake things up. Kobe isn't getting any younger.

Let's be serious, any team where Smush Parker is your starting point guard has some serious roster issues. If Kobe didn't start whining, it's hard to imagine the Lakers would look much different next year either.

So good for Kobe. I'm sure his image will take a hit, but it needed to be done.

reilo

Kevtones said:
You don't want Kobe?! I know its hot outside but are you okay?

No, I don't want Kobe.

Especially if it means giving up Roy or LMA in the process.

Roy, LMA, Oden.

That's a championship core for years to come. Portland does not need Kobe, it would only **** the team up.

Besides, Kobe goes against everything what KP's "culture" idealogy stands for.

Kevtones

reilo said:
No, I don't want Kobe.

Especially if it means giving up Roy or LMA in the process.

Roy, LMA, Oden.

That's a championship core for years to come. Portland does not need Kobe, it would only **** the team up.

Besides, Kobe goes against everything what KP's "culture" idealogy stands for.

What if we gave up Randolph??

No way I'd trade Oden/Roy/LMA either. They are the NUCLEUS
hopefully we draft Aaron Brooks in round 2!!!

reilo

Kevtones said:
What if we gave up Randolph??

No way I'd trade Oden/Roy/LMA either. They are the NUCLEUS
hopefully we draft Aaron Brooks in round 2!!!

Randolph alone won't be enough. The Lakers would want Roy/LMA/ or #1. No way.

Three-way deal with Seattles #2 to Lakers, Kobe & Zach to Seattle, and Ray Allen to Portland. I would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom