• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 NBA Playoffs Thread - In Memory of Agent Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
kamikaze said:
i didn't have much rooting interest in the playoffs other than pulling for the cinderalla-story (i.e. the warriors) but the results of the horry-nash incident really annoyed me (and even then, it's more directed at david stern and the nba than the spurs in particular).

You know that the Spurs were obviously better than the Suns right?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
pilonv1 said:
All this needs is JAXXXXXXXX~!
6692zvb.jpg

shibby

Ugh, that was a terrible game for the Jazz. Williams shouldnt have even shown up with how slow he was. Hopefully management realizes that this team is one good shooting guard away from beating a spurs team and trades either ak47 or okur for a real sg.

Props to the Spurs though , they are the better team. If Cavs ended up beating the Pistons this is going to be a slaughter for a Finals.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
shibby said:
Ugh, that was a terrible game for the Jazz. Williams shouldnt have even shown up with how slow he was. Hopefully management realizes that this team is one good shooting guard away from beating a spurs team and trades either ak47 or okur for a real sg.

so i hear you've got white girls in utah

kobe-toronto01.jpg

shibby

drohne said:
so i hear you've got white girls in utah
:lol
Although I'm sure Kobe would rather french kiss Shaq than go to Utah, the Jazz actually do have enough pieces to get him and still improve their team. Okur, ak47, and Giricek or a 1st round pick for Kobe. So you have Farmar, Ak47, Odom, Okur, Bynum for L.A. And Williams, Mamba, Harpring, Boozer, Millsap for Jazz. Works out well for Jazz. On paper, Lakers have more talent but are probably the mentally weakest team ever in existence.

The Chosen One said:
Gotta give props to the Spurs. They know how to finish off teams. Pistons could definitely take a few pages from them.

For every game like tonight there's a game like last year's elimination against Dallas, where the Spurs were handed the game on a silver platter and gave it away.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Kevin Pritchard was talking with Rich Cho of Seattle, Dallas Mavericks front office, and John Paxson of the Bulls.

In the morning session, Pritchard left his scouting seat in the sideline bleachers with Seattle assistant general manager Rich Cho, and the two went to a corner of the gym to hold a private, five-minute conversation. Pritchard was animated during the conversation, using his right index finger to count down his left fingers.

Later, in the evening session, Pritchard did little if any scouting, instead sitting high up in the bleachers to talk with members of the Dallas Mavericks front office.

After the session, while I was interviewing Pritchard, Chicago general manager John Paxson came up and grabbed Pritchard's arm, telling him he wanted to talk to Pritchard before he left. As I continued my interview, with Paxson waiting a few feet away, I asked Pritchard what the nature was of his earlier talks with Seattle and Dallas.

"I can't comment on that, you know that,'' Pritchard said with a smile.

The Los Angeles Times -
After saying that he wanted to be traded on ESPN Radio early yesterday, and then seemingly retracting that demand later in the day, Kobe Bryant spoke to The Los Angeles Times late in the afternoon yesterday and said he still wanted off the Lakers.

At 5:27 PM, Bryant affirmed his first position as stated on the air yesterday morning.

"Nothing's changed," Bryant said. "It's just a matter of I don't want to go no place else. I don't have much of a choice. When things like this go down, you just sit back. What can I do? It's like a broken record."

When asked if he still wanted to be traded, Bryant reportedly expressed no hesitation or doubt in quickly answering "Yes."

Stolen from realgm.com

I don't know what to say. This is way better entertainment than the playoffs :lol

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Benjamin1981 said:
Stolen from realgm.com

I don't know what to say. This is way better entertainment than the playoffs :lol

What the **** Kobe. So do you want to be traded or not?

Kak.efes

Cloudy said:
He doesn't want to be traded but he's trying to force the team to take action against this horrendous roster...

You're in denial. That roster cannot be improved over night, something I'm sure Kobe is well aware of.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Clutchfans is starting to scare me...

kobe_bryant_rocket.jpg

Meier

Billy Donovan is expected to become the next coach of the Orlando Magic after he was presented with a substantial contract offer, officials with the NBA team told the Orlando Sentinel.

Donovan would be replacing Brian Hill, who was fired last week after back-to-back losing seasons. Two league sources had told the Sentinel on Tuesday that the Magic had been in contact with Donovan's agent, Lonnie Cooper. When asked about the job Wednesday, though, Donovan said he had not spoken with the Magic.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...une01,0,2210050.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Been rumblings about this for the past few weeks -- looks like it's expected to come to fruition soon. It'll be a bit tough cheering for a former Gator, but the good news is that he's a.) a great coach and b.) this should SERIOUSLY set the Gators back. Even if we don't improve much under Donovan (I think we will), seeing the Gates squirm is worth it alone. :D :D

Jeff-DSA

bionic77 said:
Would have ended in a championship if Malone didn't blow out his knee.

You can't plan for injuries.

Yeah, I think with Malone being healthy that they would have been the favorite that year. It's crazy, the guy goes his whole career without injury and then gets a fluke one in LA that kills his last shot at a title.

Tamanon

Banned
Meier said:
Well, this report comes within the past 30 minutes. I'd say it's pretty much guaranteed at this point.

All I'm saying is that the Donovan to Kentucky reports were guaranteed also, either way I figured he would go to the NBA while the gettin's good. No matter to me.:lol

Offer is apparently for 6 years at $6 million a year. Yeah I wouldn't fault him at all for accepting that.

Meier

Donovan is the guy Otis Smith wanted and the word has been we were prepared to make him the highest paid coach in the NBA for the past few weeks. It's "BREAKING NEWS" on Yahoo right now although it is still 'according to reports.' Seems all but done.

Meier

It's official. :D 6 years, 36 million (also hearing $28.5 million according to Yahoo? I read the 36 mill was announced on ESPNews), press conference tomorrow. Gators am ****ed!

The Stealth Fox

Meier said:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...une01,0,2210050.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Been rumblings about this for the past few weeks -- looks like it's expected to come to fruition soon. It'll be a bit tough cheering for a former Gator, but the good news is that he's a.) a great coach and b.) this should SERIOUSLY set the Gators back. Even if we don't improve much under Donovan (I think we will), seeing the Gates squirm is worth it alone. :D :D
So, he'll make jameer look like steve nash and ariza like t-mac, right? :lol

Karakand

Meier said:
It's official. :D 6 years, 36 million (also hearing $28.5 million according to Yahoo? I read the 36 mill was announced on ESPNews), press conference tomorrow. Gators am ****ed!

pxleyes where for art thou pxleyes

reilo

Meier said:

WTF?

That's a better ****ing deal than Nate McMillan has -- and he is a proven NBA coach.

Wow.

Talk about overpaying out of the ****ing asshole.

Get ready to be disappointed, Magic fans.

pxleyes

Banned
Meier said:

It isn't official you ****ing moron. Has Donovan opened his mouth? No? Well then it is not official.

edit: Kara, I expected the March Madness thread to get bumped.

Gigglepoo

Bill Simmons proposed a ridiculous trade today.

Simmons said:
Here's a five-way deal that could rejuvenate my beloved Celtics, make the Lakers a contender, make the Bulls favorites in the East, save basketball in Seattle and shake up Indiana:

Celtics get: Seattle's No. 2 pick, Vlad Radmanovic, Kwame Brown, Maurice Evans, Chicago's No. 9 pick

Lakers get: Ray Allen, Jermaine O'Neal, Paul Pierce, Jamaal Tinsley, Ryan Gomes

Seattle gets: Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni (sign and trade starting at $6.2 million), Andrew Bynum, Ty Thomas, Adrian Griffin, Boston's No. 5 pick, L.A.'s No. 19 pick

Indiana gets: Lamar Odom, Nick Collison, Victor Khryapa, Earl Watson, Boston's No. 32 pick

Chicago gets: Kobe, Tony Allen

I am not pleased with who the Pacers end up with but it's certainly interesting.

reilo

Gigglepoo said:

I am not pleased with who the Pacers end up with but it's certainly interesting.

Simmons am desperate to land Durant? He'd even take Kwame. AND he wants the Bulls No. 9. Lmao.

Karakand

Gigglepoo said:

A hack writer writing a hack piece? SHOCK. AWE.

Mentioning and / or excerpting the guy needs to be banninated here.

pxleyes said:
I'll be in a corner somewhere at the bottom of a bottle.

be gracious

At least you can always watch the DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom