• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2009 NBA Playoff Thread of Shaq forces trade to the Cavs, keeps streak alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
chaoticprout said:
537089516_Picture%202.png

This does not bode well for the Lakers.
SWEEP

Parade has been moved to Orlando!

DY_nasty

Wow, even Jalen is taking shots at him.

Deserved.

I wanted to give the guy props and everything but he really should've sat up there and took his licks instead of ditching his team and running to his mom.

LeBitchassness

all de time

The Stealth Fox

Uh guys, some people make the point that Jameer's not here to put the Lakers away this time, but one could make the point that in both games, supporting players like Fisher and Radmonovic were putting up big numbers also. And don't forget that LA's bench has been really stinkin' it up in the playoffs as compared to the regular season.

Sorry, but Orlando has a very good chance in this series. Yes, even with Reefer Gallstones as PG.

DY_nasty

Would be awesome to see Jameer come back. I know sitting on the bench is killing him right now.

aznpxdd

The Stealth Fox said:
Uh guys, some people make the point that Jameer's not here to put the Lakers away this time, but one could make the point that in both games, supporting players like Fisher and Radmonovic were putting up big numbers also. And don't forget that LA's bench has been really stinkin' it up in the playoffs as compared to the regular season.

Sorry, but Orlando has a very good chance in this series. Yes, even with Reefer Gallstones as PG.

Yeah I was just looking at the boxscores of this season's games and holy shit, Fish scored 27 in one of the games. :lol

Though he gave up just as much points to Jameer on the other end.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
The Stealth Fox said:
Uh guys, some people make the point that Jameer's not here to put the Lakers away this time, but one could make the point that in both games, supporting players like Fisher and Radmonovic were putting up big numbers also.
Derek Fisher is the new Rodney Dangerfield of basketball.

diddlyD

Banned
now im thinking about trophies. i love trophies.

so lakers have won like 30 western conference titles, and about 15 nba titles right? i know they didnt start actually giving trophies out until i think the 70's or so (before that it was a stanley cup like thing where one trophy was passed around each year i believe), but that means the lakers should still have about 15 or so conference trophies and 7-8 larry obrien trophies. do they keep them on constant display somewhere? i'd love to get a look at them sometime.

on that note i wonder where the magic have their one previous eastern conf trophy. (i know lakers fans in general probably scoff at conference trophies because they have a stash of them, but hey a lot of teams would love to have even one.)

Smokey said:
Except players on my squad aren't "The Chosen One", don't say things like "my range is unlimited", "when you're as dangerous as me, they don't know what i'm going to do", take fuckin' imaginary pictures in pre-game, throw dust into the air and create a spectacle, showboat when making big plays rubbing it in the opponents face, whored out by ESPN and other media outlets, oh and compared to MJ and on 60 minutes and is the face of the NBA.

No.

He loves all the attention and has a humongous head from all the media hype, and to not do what other players do (congratulate the other team, press conference etc), and then to not talk to the media but instead go home to mommy is a DICK and a BITCH move.

When Kobe got his ass kicked in the playoffs these past few years, he still manned up and answered questions after the game.

LeBaby sulks and goes home to mommy.

This x1,000

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what frame of my Lebron comes back with next year. This year he got all the individual awards and glory, plus his team had the best record in the regular season. He was on top of the world just two weeks ago. But it ended up being all for naught since he didn't get any closer to a championship ring.

I wonder if he'll still showboat and do various pre-game spectacles next year during the regular season. Will he still go after pointless rebounds in garbage time to boost his stats. Because in the end, all that individual glory and hype throughout the regular season doesn't mean squat if you're still sitting at home in June.

I think Lebron is starting realize that if he really wants to call himself "The Chosen One" or the "King" and legitimately wear the number 23 then at some point he needs to become a true winner aside from just racking up individual awards. I get the feeling from Lebron that becoming a global icon is Lebron's number one concern and winning a championship is secondary. He sees winning a championship as enhancing his net worth. Whereas guys like MJ and Kobe want championships because they have a thirst to win and it adds to their basketball legacy. They obviously care about the money and glory, but they're more obsessed with the glory in the traditional basketball sense, not about how marketable it will make them in China.

For Lebron to get to that next level, I think he needs to worry less about being a media icon and billion-dollar business mogul. Deflate the ego a bit and realize while he is a great player, it means squat until he wins a championship. Realize that he doesn't know everything yet and maybe listen to other vet players instead of barking orders at them (ie. Team USA).

Iverson was also hailed as the next MJ and racked up all kinds of individual awards. But his legacy has been sullied somewhat because he never won a championship nor could he play with another major all-star to help get him a championship. So Iverson will be known as a great individual player who lacked major team success.

Lebron could be headed this way too if he's not careful. If he continues to stay concerned about his stats and goes for max contracts, then he may never get quality all-stars to play along side.

Majestros

You can't handle the truth!
That's kind of a promising analysis. If Kobe wins a championship this year and failing to reach the finals does affect LeBron's personality, that'll be two interesting storylines unfolding next year.

If Dwight's offensive limitations are exposed in the Finals, that'll add a third layer of development next year. All in all, i think next year's playoffs are gonna be outright crazy just from the standpoint of how many talented teams are waiting/knocking at the periphery of greatness.

ocadman

Just heard on ESPN Sportscenter...

Fuck, forgot the anchor's name but to paraphrase him on Lebron not talking to the media tonight:

Lebron's given alot of interviews to the media this year. He deserves to miss one once in a while.

Meier

Home from the bar/club..girlfriend giving me major shit so I can't make a huge post shitting in everyone's mouth. I am going to wait until after we win the championship and then there will be EPIC quoteage. Be prepared.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
chaoticprout said:
537089516_Picture%202.png

This does not bode well for the Lakers.
fuck. my. life.
RJNavarrete said:
[IMGhttp://i44.tinypic.com/suu4v8.jpg[/IMG]

That was fucking quick... :lol :lol :lol
Ice cold :lol
ocadman said:

Fuck, forgot the anchor's name but to paraphrase him on Lebron not talking to the media tonight:
Let's call it like it is. Had Howard, Melo, or kobe done this shit they would have been all over them. Period.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Congrats to the Magic,but Rafer being in the Finals is a sick sick joke to this Rockets fan :(

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is anyone else sick of the interviews at the end? Do players really need to go answer questions any NBA fans already know the answer to? I know it's a requirements, blah blah, but I have been sick of them for years.

"How does it feel to lose?" "It feels amazing, it really does!"

Seth C

ocadman said:

Sooo basically he only gives interviews when he wants to give them, and he only wants to give them when he's got an opportunity to brag (mostly about himself). And ESPN is cool with that.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
pump the brakes!

I haven't watched a game the whole month of May

BUT I did have the Tragic in the Finals, picked them in 6 over the Cavs, and I'm dead last in Pick and Roll :lol

fuck life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom