• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Purpose Girl-GAF Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMeisterJ

Banned
hey_monkey said:
Because pads can leak and then you have ick-nast running down your leg. Also, it's like having a pillow in your pants. Even the thin ones. At least, that's how I feel.

But I'm all hippie-fied so I keep thinking I'm gonna switch to one of those menstrual cups. Except I'm also OCD about hand-cleanliness, so I'm not sure I could maintain. There we go, ladies. I bet moon cups will drive all the guys away.

Re: the Kardashians, fuck those vapid wastes of space.

Hmm... I never thought of leaking. That makes sense.

re: Kardashians - I don't really like any of them as human beings, it's just a fun 'lowest common denominator' show to watch, and it's scripted to all hell, so I liken it to the Hills or something like that.

Speaking of 'The Hills', anyone else hate the new season? Every since LC left, it has no soul.

RpgN

A thread that's meant for girls to talk about various subjects? Count me in as long as you don't start getting weird like that other thread with the body parts :(

So are you girls playing some games lately? Just bought Nier 2 days ago and still playing with RE5 (prof mode now). Nier is pretty awesome so far, apparently it has a hermaphrodite in it that likes to curse all the time and dresses like a female. Not sure what to think about that or what her story might be.

RpgN said:
A thread that's meant for girls to talk about various subjects? Count me in as long as you don't start getting weird like that other thread with the body parts :(

So are you girls playing some games lately? Just bought Nier 2 days ago and still playing with RE5 (prof mode now). Nier is pretty awesome so far, apparently it has a hermaphrodite in it that likes to curse all the time and dresses like a female. Not sure what to think about that or what her story might be.
link plz

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I'm worried this is going to come off sexist, but I'm just going to dive in.

I almost never see girls in the Philosophy/Religion/Political/Scientific discussion/debate threads... why? I mean I know a lot of girls who think and talk about this stuff in real life (Well not a lot, but to be fair I don't know a lot of girls in general) - I don't really get why the girls in Neogaf don't like to join in.

My guess is - just like guys, there are girls on Neogaf who don't like talking about that sort of stuff, and because we have such a small sample size of girls, we haven't lucked out yet and gotten any female members who do. But in case there are girls on Neogaf who like to discuss that sort of thing in real life, why not on Gaf?

*edited for "english motherfucker, do you speak it?"

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
RpgN said:
I've been playing Uncharted 2 online a lot. It's fun when you play with people from your own region, but with Americans or Asians, it gets laggy as hell. Also, Borderlands and Assassin's Creed 2.

Definitely get LBP2 when it comes out later this year, so excited for that game!

Ah, which Nier? I thought there were two, right? One with an effeminate looking boy trying to save his sister (?) and the other one with an older man trying to find a cure to save his daughter? I think.. I read about it a long time ago.

Zoe

Ryn said:
5'0" ..."relatively" short. haha.

Me too! But you know what's worse than being 5'0" and looking for a pair of pants?

Being 5'0", with boobs, and looking for a button-down shirt :(

RpgN

Uncharted 2 is waiting for me until I've had enough of RE5. I was always wondering what happened with that reporter (was it Ellena?) and Drake. From looking at a couple of screens he seems to have left or cheated on her with that dark haired girl. But yeah, it looks good. How is the online mode?

Yup, LBP2 definitely! The first one was awesome and still not fully done with that one.

Indeed, those Nier games. In the West we got the one with the dad and daughter, Japan has Nier Replicant with the boy and his sister. But honestly, I'm glad we got this Nier. The relationship between his daughter is really convincing and touchy. He's a responsible dad but being a bad dad by leaving his daughter alone (when she needs him) to find a cure for her. It's not as one sided macho type of character as I expected. And the game seems to be fun and worth the purchase so far *wants to play more*

Munch

Yaaar, I need to stop fucking falling asleep. I BE SWEARING ALL UP IN THIS BE-HEEZY.

First, let's address a couple of replies:

Also, "this will not end well" is doing my head in... Seriously, WTF IS THIS SHIT? :\
Yeah, seriously. It seems that unlike TransexualGAF and GayGAF we're respected a lot less. I mean, how many threads do we see running around going "Transexual-age: Help! I'm dating a pre-op and she sprang it on me!" ?

We'll just have to push forward like I'm sure they did and soon the douches who like to be "LOL NOT A LADY BUT THIS WON'T END WELL" will see that we're serious, we're not eye candy and they'll just want to chill. Its like we're dropping a new flavor of coke (or pepsi for you people out there that love that stuff). Gotta criticize, kick, scream and holler then they'll be like "Hey, this isn't bad."

Questions for femGAF.
How do you feel about the "feminism" movement as it is today? As I understand it, feminism no longer has the same kind of unifying goal it did in the past. The diffusion of effort is paving the way for a vocal minority of "femnazis" misrepresenting feminists and giving the whole thing a bad rep like PETA is doing for animal rights activists.
I just took a Women's Study/English class (it crossed over) and I learned a lot. My teacher said that a woman doesn't have to be "kicking-ass" in order for it to be feminist. I wholeheartedly disagreed but I think she misunderstood what I meant by "kick ass". No, you don't have to pick up a sword and shield in order to kick ass but you do have to do SOMETHING. If you're a nurse in war time, to me you kick ass, or if you pick up a sword and get in the fight, you kick ass.

Feminism is very complicated, especially with the different waves and sections of it. I wouldn't call myself a feminist just because I have learned recently that feminism is inherently racist because it only serves middle class White women and not minorities (ethnicity/race wise). Sure, its changed around a lot but it still has its problems. Apparently the new term for a more all encompassing equal rights person is a Womanist.

I don't know how Womanism deals with Queer/Transexual issues just yet (but I'm assuming that it might have the same problems as Feminism in that they suck with transexual issues and to me that's a no-no. TransexualGAF is also welcome up in here, you're just as much of a lady as we are (if you're transitioning into a lady)!), but if it doesn't cover it all then I guess I'll have to call myself something else. Apparently a lot of feminists/womanists look down on you if you call yourself an equalist because you're taking the gender out of it. Like it's supposed to be about women but also helps with other things.

I have the same problem with Feminism/Womanism as I do with Race studies. The term privilege in terms of male and White privilege. I can see where they're coming from, but its a hard concept for me to wrap my head around completely. I'm going to read more about it this summer, but I don't think I could really accept the thought process of "All men are sexist/All White people are racist/You cannot be racist against White people/Minorities can't be racist, only prejudiced because racism is institutionalized"

I'll post some nifty links if anyone wants to read up on these topics in another post after this one!

Short ladies for the win! My ex was 2 inches taller than me (I'm only 5'6") and she used to buy the flattest soled shoes she could find out of consideration for my height deficiency. And forget it if she tried to wear heels. Her chest was basically level with my face. Not that I complained, but it was a little weird.

Found a theme tune for this thread.

Brothers Johnson, 'Land of Ladies'.

Takes awhile for the words to kick in, but once they do I think it sums everything up pretty well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDDXzFkA3Io

EDIT: here are the lyrics, in case you feel like singing along.

Would you like to come with me to the land of ladies?

Would you like to be
In the land of ladies?
Yes, I'd like to be
In the land of ladies

Pretty girls everywhere
Black and blond silky hair
Women carved into rocks
Sexy girls sure to give you a shot

Wouldn't you like to be
In the land of ladies?
Yes, I'd like to be
In the land of ladies

Foxy girls everywhere
Black, blond, brown silky hair
Women carved into rocks
Sexy girls sure to give you a shot

Hey hey hey
Land of ladies

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I do believe that all men and All women (from every race) are equal, both should be treated with respect not just women (OR men). Does that make me a feminist?

Kinitari said:

I almost never see girls in the Philosophy/Religion/Political/Scientific discussion/debate threads... why? I mean I know a lot of girls who think and talk about this stuff in real life (Well not a lot, but to be fair I don't know a lot of girls in general) - I don't really get why the girls in Neogaf don't like to join in.

My guess is - just like guys, there are girls on Neogaf who don't like talking about that sort of stuff, and because we have such a small sample size of girls, we haven't lucked out yet and gotten any female members who do. But in case there are girls on Neogaf who like to discuss that sort of thing in real life, why not on Gaf?

I don't really post in topics related to religion and politics because most people have very strong opinions about these two subjects even though most of us know little about them, even the ones that claim to be a know-it-all. Also, many people try and force their opinions onto other people when it comes to discussions related to either politics or religion, or get extremely defensive when someone disagrees with their opinion. Healthy discussion is one thing, but when you have people getting judgemental, like "Okay, you support a group or a party that I dislike? You sir, are a failure!" and atheists calling religious people close-minded and ignorant (I've seen it on GAF!) and then religious people calling atheists savages, anarchists and misguided.. you know there is something wrong there. There are a few people that got tags because they support some party that most gaffers, including mods dislike. It's not very pleasant to read.

RpgN said:
Uncharted 2 is waiting for me until I've had enough of RE5. I was always wondering what happened with that reporter (was it Ellena?) and Drake. From looking at a couple of screens he seems to have left or cheated on her with that dark haired girl. But yeah, it looks good. How is the online mode?

Yup, LBP2 definitely! The first one was awesome and still not fully done with that one.

Indeed, those Nier games. In the West we got the one with the dad and daughter, Japan has Nier Replicant with the boy and his sister. But honestly, I'm glad we got this Nier. The relationship between his daughter is really convincing and touchy. He's a responsible dad but being a bad dad by leaving his daughter alone (when she needs him) to find a cure for her. It's not as one sided macho type of character as I expected. And the game seems to be fun and worth the purchase so far *wants to play more*
Oh god, what are you waiting for, girl? Uncharted 2 SP is awesome, seriously, so awesome that I couldn't stop playing it even after finishing it, and ended up going for Platinum, my first platinum. I'm NOT a trophy whore, though. I've only got 2 (UC2 and Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time).

You've got traditional competitive modes, deathmatch, elimination, king of the hill, etc.. and then there is Plunder (Has Uncharted twist to capture the target mode, you try and capture treasures and then take it to your base), probably my most favourite competitive mode. There are also story co-op levels (separate from main story though, and it's only got 3 levels/maps) and survival type co-op modes, those are the most fun for me.

Oh, Nier sounds great, I might rent it. How long is it?

I'm also thinking about getting Demon's Souls!

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Hello ladies! Awesome thread

I was wondering if I can get some advise from yall. But I have to keep it private so if PM me please.

Thanks

Munch

Kinitari said:

Heeeeey Kinitari! I don't pop into those threads because I'm still learning a lot and I want to be fully aware of what's going on before hopping into a thread and making an ass of myself. Philosophy has some confusing as fuck jargon though, I'll tell you that. And religion is just so fucking ....complicated.

And science..I love science but you guys go into some concepts that I'm just not sure of (As an English major/Art minor, not because I'm a Woman). Outside of "Hey this nebula looks cool" ...I'm fucking lost. And you can easily lose your footing in a politics forum.

AND THESE FORUMS MOVE FAST! So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that its all very complicated, but I'll try to form some opinions and go in there screaming like a warrior. I'm still trying to find my footing here, and I think that if I can be comfortable in this thread (AND DAMMIT I WILL BE), then I'll be more comfortable to post in those threads where it involves serious thought.
icarus-daedelus said:
Yes, feels kind of like a diaper. I don't find them uncomfortable, but I get weird and insecure and think that somebody is going to notice that I'm walking funny.

Man, I love my pads! They're so freaking awesome and comfortable. I put a tampon in for the first time and I was walking like a penguin. I could feel my vagina gripping it and it wasn't pleasant.

RpgN said:

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy 13. In fact, I have 22 PS2 games that I've bought over the years that I just never finished. Not because I didn't like them, but because I never had time and I hate getting to the ending for some reason. I mean, I've had FF7 for yeeaaars and I just finished it last year. It was satisfying. So now I'm going to do those this summer, then play MY xbox games and hopefully I'll have a job and be able to buy video games that are coming out. I have a friend who will let me borrow games! His brother writes sometimes for columns and they let him keep the games.

Tinabina

DMeisterJ said:
w00t! I've finally found someone on this earth that watches this show! So excited for the finale tomorrow. I wonder what's going to happen with this whole Naomi/Liam/Annie triangle. And I really am wondering why Jen is back. ugh.

ill be working so i cant watch till the next morning :( i like liam and annie together i think. and i don't get the jen thing. didn't jen do something with naomi's money when they were living together? how is she all in control of it all now?

Yackie

Munch said:
Yaaar, I need to stop fucking falling asleep. I BE SWEARING ALL UP IN THIS BE-HEEZY.

First, let's address a couple of replies:

Yeah, seriously. It seems that unlike TransexualGAF and GayGAF we're respected a lot less. I mean, how many threads do we see running around going "Transexual-age: Help! I'm dating a pre-op and she sprang it on me!" ?

We'll just have to push forward like I'm sure they did and soon the douches who like to be "LOL NOT A LADY BUT THIS WON'T END WELL" will see that we're serious, we're not eye candy and they'll just want to chill. Its like we're dropping a new flavor of coke (or pepsi for you people out there that love that stuff). Gotta criticize, kick, scream and holler then they'll be like "Hey, this isn't bad."

I just took a Women's Study/English class (it crossed over) and I learned a lot. My teacher said that a woman doesn't have to be "kicking-ass" in order for it to be feminist. I wholeheartedly disagreed but I think she misunderstood what I meant by "kick ass". No, you don't have to pick up a sword and shield in order to kick ass but you do have to do SOMETHING. If you're a nurse in war time, to me you kick ass, or if you pick up a sword and get in the fight, you kick ass.

Feminism is very complicated, especially with the different waves and sections of it. I wouldn't call myself a feminist just because I have learned recently that feminism is inherently racist because it only serves middle class White women and not minorities (ethnicity/race wise). Sure, its changed around a lot but it still has its problems. Apparently the new term for a more all encompassing equal rights person is a Womanist.

I don't know how Womanism deals with Queer/Transexual issues just yet (but I'm assuming that it might have the same problems as Feminism in that they suck with transexual issues and to me that's a no-no. TransexualGAF is also welcome up in here, you're just as much of a lady as we are (if you're transitioning into a lady)!), but if it doesn't cover it all then I guess I'll have to call myself something else. Apparently a lot of feminists/womanists look down on you if you call yourself an equalist because you're taking the gender out of it. Like it's supposed to be about women but also helps with other things.

I have the same problem with Feminism/Womanism as I do with Race studies. The term privilege in terms of male and White privilege. I can see where they're coming from, but its a hard concept for me to wrap my head around completely. I'm going to read more about it this summer, but I don't think I could really accept the thought process of "All men are sexist/All White people are racist/You cannot be racist against White people/Minorities can't be racist, only prejudiced because racism is institutionalized"

I'll post some nifty links if anyone wants to read up on these topics in another post after this one!

I always took feminism to mean the support of equal rights for women. In that regard I do consider myself a feminist, and I think most people are feminists under this definition. The problem is the word has become dirty and now brings to mind something completely different and people don't want to be associated with it. It's a shame really.

Kinitari said:

I think there probably are women in those threads, you just don't know it. I definitely check those thread out a lot, but since I've been out of college for a while, my need to defend my righteous position and show off that "Hey, I took philosophy 101/Poly. Sci etc. so I am now an expert on this subject!" and has mellowed, :lol . And I know that for most people, especially on the internet, no matter what you say they will never change their mind so I find it tiresome to try and argue. I enjoy the science threads because that's what I do for a living, but, like someone already said, these threads move fast and by the time I get there someone has already explained it (for the most part anyway) or has already stated the same opinion, so there's no point in repeating it.

Ceres

Banned
Kinitari said:

I used to post in some religion topics but overall I have no interest in debating someone on the internet. Especially when every thread turns into the same juvenile argument. Almost every time I posted anything it was in defense of religion and I'm atheist.
Also, as someone who's usually assumed to be a guy and never bothers correcting anyone referring to me as bro, you just never know.

JessicaPadkin said:
I'm on the pill, so you could set your fucking clock to my period. My calculations suggest First Blood will occur on Wednesday.

Grl me too. Yaz4Lyfe.
Also, thanks for reminding me to go to the pharmacy to pick it up today!

Also I fucking hate pads. They make me feel so dirty. I don't want that blood sitting against my lady bits. Tampons you can leave alone for longer and you can't even feel them. Soo much better.

Ceres

Banned
AqueousTransmission said:
Grl me too. Yaz4Lyfe.
Also, thanks for reminding me to go to the pharmacy to pick it up today!

I just started doing the weekly patches. I'm kind of on the fence about them. There's the bonus of not taking a pill every day but the patches aren't the most comfortable, especially after a few days.

Kinitari said:

I just don't like arguing and it's even more stupid on the Internet. I don't feel the need to convert others to my (sometimes lack of) beliefs.

Ceres said:
I just started doing the weekly patches. I'm kind of on the fence about them. There's the bonus of not taking a pill every day but the patches aren't the most comfortable, especially after a few days.

I wish I could try something else (something generic and cheaper!) but I need Yaz for PMDD :( *blush* It has helped tons though and my copay isn't as bad as some that I've heard of so it's totally worth it.

Aeana

Kinitari said:

I can say that I personally just really don't care to discuss such things, as it feels like a dead end. I do occasionally pop in and read the discussions, but I have absolutely no desire to participate. Especially when it comes to religion or politics.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Munch said:
Here is the link dump of feminism/womanism links!

Feminism 101

ONTD Feminism. This is a list of the resources provided by the group for reading up on things

This is actually more than just that one post I was talking about. But the post at the top seems to have a lot of links you can read up on. A lot of this is sure to piss you off (it pisses me off sometimes as well :|) but hey, we're learning folks. I'm just trying to be open minded~
Ah, you fixed your first link. When you first posted it, I clicked on it and it took me to THIS SITE instead. I agree with their philosophy, but I haven't really dug deeper, just briefly looked at the intro page.

srenity

Neo Member
I haven't gone on GAF for about a few days, and I'm pleased about finding this thread :D

For the recent topics going on:

Menstrual stuff: I prefer pads. There's always that risk of TSS from tampons and I never know if I put it in right, hahahaha.

General debate stuff: I usually don't like getting involved in those types of things. Most of the people that discuss controversial topics tend to be VERY hard headed and one sided. It's like arguing with a brick wall sometimes D: But then again, debates wouldn't be as fun and exciting without these types of people, I guess.

Game stuff: I play a lot of PC and DS. For PC I started playing Portal since it's free this month! I'm currently working on the 15th level. This game can get so frustrating! L4D2 is the main game that I usually play. I've thought about getting SSF4 when it comes out for the PC since I always love watching it and would like to get better in fighting games. For DS, I'm currently trying to finish up Pokemon Soul Silver. The thing about Pokemon games is that there is SO much to do! I have about 85 hours into the game because I get distracted with things you can do in this game :lol I was thinking about getting a PS3 with my tax refund but apparently it requires me to get a better monitor. That makes it way out of budget for me... D: ...Maybe I'll think about it when Black Friday comes around.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Thanks for all the replies, I don't even know who to address in particular with this post, as you've all given so many different reasons. I guess I can agree with the juvenility (is that a word?) of the threads, I just can't help myself though, I learn so much from each thread, and I become a slightly better debater every time.

YO WHAT UP GIRLS

I know you ladies need a place to congregate
But all the fellas wanna do in here is masturbate

So what good is this thread with a "no pics" caveat?
With standards at our ankles girl you know you'll be hot

So girls pull out them cameras
Guys, pull out your dicks
Shit's gonna get real when it's flooded with pics

Nerdiness and flirtiness and women in glasses
We'll be workin up a nut while they shakin their asses

Real talk guys, do you really care about religion?
Discussions of philosophy and modern feminism?

HELL NAW, it's time to talk important shit like cup size
By the way girl, you know you got some pretty eyes

ckohler

As a guy who grew up in a house of three brothers and zero sisters, I always find girl talk facinating. I only had a few female friends growing up so girl info and perspectives are really quite informative to me, heh. It's kinda like reading about the customs of an exotic faraway land.

Munch

Inanna said:
*sigh*, replies like this should be ban worthy...

I actually quite enjoyed that because it was so utterly retarded :lol

And I didn't know my link sent you there. I now want to read it!

Pangya

All this menstrual talk reminds of when I went to lunch with my coworker a couple of days ago and there was a young Asian couple with a kid. She smiled and waved at the kid then looked at me with a sad face. She was like "I know this is probably TMI but I got blood test results bad from my gynecologist..." Apparently she has something where it's hard to have kids, as well as an irregular menstrual cycle she's taking pills for. She looked pretty depressed and I had no idea what to say since I'm not a chick and kinda just gave her a blank stare. I don't even know her that well so I was kinda thinking "wtf???"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
JessicaPadkin said:
If you wanna get psychological about it, they also have to work harder to be funny because they've got your (subconscious) bias working against them. If a man told the exact same jokes, it's more likely they'd be considered funny... it's like the old 'female bosses' syndrome, really.
So what do you think would be a good way to counter this subconscious bias? If there is any way?
wRATH2x said:
I don't know, I didn't think she was funny.

Girls can be funny though, I'm sure of it. The only problem is most of these female "comedians" are either hot and their guy friends always laughed at their jokes no matter how bad they were, or fat chicks who are funny cause they're fat.

I like Ellen Degeneres. I hate her show but her stand up can be funny.
I wasn't saying that can't be funny. I was saying that they are perhaps not naturally funny. Possibly cause they're not expected to be. Btw, I agree Ellen can be funny.

Munch

Pangya said:
All this menstrual talk reminds of when I went to lunch with my coworker a couple of days ago and there was a young Asian couple with a kid. She smiled and waved at the kid then looked at me with a sad face. She was like "I know this is probably TMI but I got blood test results bad from my gynecologist..." Apparently she has something where it's hard to have kids, as well as an irregular menstrual cycle she's taking pills for. She looked pretty depressed and I had no idea what to say since I'm not a chick and kinda just gave her a blank stare. I don't even know her that well so I was kinda thinking "wtf???"

She probably has what I have. PCOS. She can still have kids, it's just more sex for her. But just hug her and be there for her. Listen, which is probably what she wants you to do. But don't be afraid to say "I'm not sure what to say/do in this situation, but I'm here for you" because if it seems you're just looking at us like this "o_o" then you might not care? I don't know if I'm the only one on that, but do tell her you're unsure of what to do to make her feel better but that you will be there for her when she needs you.

Zoe

Munch said:
She probably has what I have. PCOS. She can still have kids, it's just more sex for her. But just hug her and be there for her. Listen, which is probably what she wants you to do. But don't be afraid to say "I'm not sure what to say/do in this situation, but I'm here for you" because if it seems you're just looking at us like this "o_o" then you might not care? I don't know if I'm the only one on that, but do tell her you're unsure of what to do to make her feel better but that you will be there for her when she needs you.

If he were a close friend, all of that would be natural, but it sounds like they're not.

Pangya

Zoe said:
If he were a close friend, all of that would be natural, but it sounds like they're not.

This is true. I think she confides in me way too much and probably thinks of me as a close friend, but I don't feel the same way. But I don't want to be a douchebag and simply tell her off. Girl-GAF, what should I do?

Munch

Pangya said:
This is true. I think she confides in me way too much and probably thinks of me as a close friend, but I don't feel the same way. But I don't want to be a douchebag and simply tell her off. Girl-GAF, what should I do?

Uh, say "I'm sorry for your trouble" and pat her on the back?

I don't post much in religion/philosophy topics because I don't know how I feel about those things, really, and until I can make some decisions for myself, I don't feel the need to beat others over the head with my half-formed opinions. As for politics... people rarely know how to act in those threads. It gets vicious. I can be pretty vicious, but usually only for a reason. I'm pretty live-and-let-live, me.

If I get something I want to discuss, I might venture in. But I don't really post in that many threads anyway. Writing threads. Hilarity. And apparently, girl-GAF.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Funky Functionality said:
*:lol*, don't take those dope rhymes too seriously, now...
Oh my, did I get him banned? :| Haha, so sorry. *feels bad*

At least now guys would think twice before posting retarded comments and asking for pics.

hey_monkey said:
Munch already has my back about the adorableness of my child, but I'll work to cement it: oh yes.

I saw the pic you posted in the other thread but didn't leave a comment. Your kid's the man; the ladies most love him. I know you're proud, and I would be too.

Sidenote: I always kind of wanted to impregnate my former high school girlfriend cause my son Duncan would be one cool little dude. His name will only work, though, if he plays high school basketball.

Noshino

Confused101 said:
Short ladies for the win! My ex was 2 inches taller than me (I'm only 5'6") and she used to buy the flattest soled shoes she could find out of consideration for my height deficiency. And forget it if she tried to wear heels. Her chest was basically level with my face. Not that I complained, but it was a little weird.

Well, for some reason I have never dated anyone of my height (5'9") :lol they are always either taller or shorter. But then again, I have never dated anyone of my age as well :p

Munch said:
Here is the link dump of feminism/womanism links!

Feminism 101

ONTD Feminism. This is a list of the resources provided by the group for reading up on things

This is actually more than just that one post I was talking about. But the post at the top seems to have a lot of links you can read up on. A lot of this is sure to piss you off (it pisses me off sometimes as well :|) but hey, we're learning folks. I'm just trying to be open minded~

I like women that stand up for themselves and others, I can't stand disrespect towards them. I don't have a daughter nor a sister, but I know that I don't like anyone to disrespect my mother or whomever Im dating. But nowadays it is extremely hard to do so because many women allow it.

I also have a problem with feminists that go to the extremes

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Noshino said:
Well, for some reason I have never dated anyone of my height (5'9") :lol they are always either taller or shorter. But then again, I have never dated anyone of my age as well :p
I don't think I'd ever date a guy shorter than me. My bf is 5'11", almost 2 inches taller than me which is alright because I don't wear high heels anyway.

How about you girls? Would you date a guy shorter than you?

My SO is precisely the same height as I am. When we're both barefoot, he may have a quarter inch on me if we're both standing straight, so if I wear heels, I'm taller. We don't care, and since he's a leg guy (what a waste of my boobs, srsly), he's all like GIRL YOU BETTER WEAR THEM HEELS I'LL JUST CLIMB IT'S ALL GOOD.

I have to say, the same-height thing is at times very convenient. We fit together most comfortably. And since he's an amazing kisser, I pretty much always want his face in my face.

Munch

Inanna said:
I don't think I'd ever date a guy shorter than me. My bf is 5'11", almost 2 inches taller than me which is alright because I don't wear high heels anyway.

How about you girls? Would you date a guy shorter than you?

My first boyfriend was shorter than me (Asian fellow...came out as gay after we broke up :|). My current boyfriend is taller than me. I don't mind either. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom