• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

Sharp

Somnid said:
OH SHIT! Look what was just uploaded to the US server (Note: These are images of upcoming games they aren't up yet):

Shininginthedarkness.gif

SuperMetroid.gif

Oh another:

Metroid.gif
Holy ****ing MEGATON. If this is true, Wii is about to become my most-played console.

Such a cocktease. I haven't played Super Metroid for close to a decade.

Also Metroid NES would be handy, the port of Metroid included with Zero Mission is shit.

Sharp

beelzebozo said:
i've been refreshing awaiting your celebratory meltdown, sharp
Who's going to make the official thread? When it comes out I mean. Not now. The title should be something like "The OFFICIAL No GAFer Left Behind Super Metroid Campaign: Time to Turn on your Wii."

You know. Or something.

Sharp

beelzebozo said:
they should include metroid nes as a downloadable preorder bonus.
When the game becomes available Nintendo should automatically deduct eight dollars from every Wii owner's credit card and install Super Metroid on their Wii. You know, in case they didn't know it was out. Actually maybe they should just deduct the money preemptively and then they can make with the game later.

Edit: Or WAIT maybe it was included in the launch price of the Wii! It's like getting Super Metroid for free!

Sharp said:
When the game becomes available Nintendo should automatically deduct eight dollars from every Wii owner's credit card and install Super Metroid on their Wii. It would be a kind of bonus service in case they didn't know it was out.

No

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
or issue a public apology for the lava pit on the sides of ridley's boss room in metroid nes, which were nearly impossible to jump from if you fell

TJ Spyke

I wonder why Nintendo uploaded these images? It's been almost 6 months since they uploaded images more than a day in advance (the last time we got them before Monday was back in February, like they finally figured out what we were doing).

Sharp

Furoba said:
Let's hope PAL gets Super Metroid and WaveRace64. ;p
Considering that you already have Metroid I'm pretty sure you're at least getting Super Metroid. Probably before we do. Super Metroid for PAL regions this Friday BELIEVE.
TJ Spyke said:
I wonder why Nintendo uploaded these images? It's been almost 6 months since they uploaded images more than a day in advance (the last time we got them before Monday was back in February, like they finally figured out what we were doing).
I have a plant buried deep in the VC department.

jgkspsx

TJ Spyke said:
I think you answered your own question.

Or maybe someone's on vacation, but anyway.

Hey Pepsiman: What was wrong with the Zero Mission NES emulator? It was the same solid emulator as the NES Classics games.

BrandNew said:
Oh man oh man oh man oh man

Cheesehead dude, get in here and say if it's true.

Somnid said:
They aren't up yet, these are just images on the server like we used to get back in the day. Drake or Cheese can probably confirm.

Capndrake said:
I just checked as well, those three are indeed on the server.

Back to games appearing on the server early please?

I'll also confirm or deny after work.

Sharp

Cheesemeister said:
I'll also confirm or deny after work.
They could be gone by then though. The fate of the world hangs in balance, and only you can tip the scales and make things right. Though the Capndrake confirmation was pretty convincing too.

Ninty

So I was checking the new features and games on the store, and I notice that on the Star Fox 64 page (I already bought it), there a button "Upgrade" or something like that. What is that for?

TJ Spyke

Ninty said:
So I was checking the new features and games on the store, and I notice that on the Star Fox 64 page (I already bought it), there a button "Upgrade" or something like that. What is that for?

Did you download the previous update? It makes the game more like the original but basically dropping the framerate. I think it also fixes problems like Classic Controller support.

Ranger X

TJ Spyke said:
Did you download the previous update? It makes the game more like the original but basically dropping the framerate. I think it also fixes problems like Classic Controller support.

We never had proof of that framerate thing though. I doubt it's true.

Sharp

Capndrake said:
The SM title picture is here. Have to open it in IE, FF doesn't work (Is it allowed to link to them? I'll edit this if it's not).
There is a God CONFIRMED. You can stand down, Cheesemeister.

Ninty said:

i noticed this too, this is my second time updating it. dont know why.

Sharp

Error said:
Super Metroid is on the VC now?
If it were, I would have made a thread about it. It's pretty much been confirmed to be coming soon, though, which means it's time to start the hype train.

oatmeal

Banned
oatmeal said:
Hmm...didn't know where else to post this...

But I was wondering if it was possible for them to update Opera...

It was working wonderfully before and was great to watch Youtube stuff in decent quality/full screen...but now it doesn't support Flash 6 or whatever.

I heard it's Adobe's fault for not licensing out the SDK or something...

Will we ever be able to do 'cool' stuff on the Wii Opera again?

News at 11.

Answer pleeease.

Sharp said:
If it were, I would have made a thread about it. It's pretty much been confirmed to be coming soon, though, which means it's time to start the hype train.

It would be very smart of them to release it the week Prime 3 is out.

Capndrake

Vyse The Legend said:
If they release Super Metroid close to Prime 3 as a means of hyping/cashing-in on its release, does that mean Europe can expect SM in October? Ouch.
Metroid appeared 2 weeks ago out of nowhere, so Super can pop up anytime, I guess.

Hmm, Super Metroid, the VC keeps getting better and better.

I wonder if Nintendo will ever allow GBA and GBC games on the service. I owned a lot of the consoles up on the service now, but I never owned a GameBoy. There are a metric TON of games I missed out on that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase. Anyone here think it might be in the pipeline?

Holy hell Wave Race looks stunning in 480p. I never realized how much cleaner these N64 games looked until today. There is no way I can go back to playing on the old system.

Sharp

evilromero said:
Holy hell Wave Race looks stunning in 480p. I never realized how much cleaner these N64 games looked until today. There is no way I can go back to playing on the old system.
Graphics whore.

Ranger X

evilromero said:

Totally supported. Even just the NES/SNES/GENESIS in component cables quality makes me shit on the original consoles. VC ****ing rules for that.

TJ Spyke

LegendofJoe said:
Hmm, Super Metroid, the VC keeps getting better and better.

I wonder if Nintendo will ever allow GBA and GBC games on the service. I owned a lot of the consoles up on the service now, but I never owned a GameBoy. There are a metric TON of games I missed out on that I wouldn't hesitate to purchase. Anyone here think it might be in the pipeline?

Game Boy (2 words) and Game Boy Color games? Maybe.
Game Boy Advance games? Unlikely, they are still making the GBA.

Sanjuro

I really want some way to transfer your VC game to a DS and continue your game on the go and shutting off system results in erase.

Also I want Super Metroid more than FUCKING a CUNT.

Jiggy

I've played one hour of Adventures of Lolo and five hours of Shining Force today. May I just say I love VC.

Edit: Neutopia finally!

Duderz

Banned
Super Metroid on the virtual console makes me giddy. My original cartridge's battery is busted, and I need to play through this game BAD.

Top Bottom