• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Brave Story: New Traveler thread

Blame!

out of boredom i picked this up tonight and just started playing it.

anyone here get a real ultima IV-V-VI-VII vibe here from just the whole intro sequence?

im only at the cave of trials or something but it reminds me of the ultimas i used to play as a kid......nice graphics and soundtracks so far too.

Joe211

I agree with the one who said the music is boring it reminds me Sonic Adventure music :[
Beside that it's a good game so far (chapter 4)

Finally decided to beat the game last Friday (my friends have been hounding me to finish so that I can play Monster Hunter 2 with them). The game was loads of fun, and I enjoyed mostly everything about the game - except for the final dungeon... -_-; The Earthrift was a great optional dungeon, as were the optional bosses.

My final party was Ropple, Tatsuya, & Leynart, but only Tatsuya was at level 99...I'll probably go back and finish all of the quests and get more birds so that I can get that Bird Passport thing. I also have to finish my Monster Book...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Lent this to a buddy of mine for a week whom has never played a jRPG(or any RPG outside of Oblivion) ever in his life. He fell head over heels in love and has nearly finished it over an extended 2 week addiction.

Funny to hear his personal quibbles mirror those that plague the genre. Repetition, occasional obtuse battle command explanations, grinding, etc... He spoke like a jaded bastard, and the expression of shock as I described how long the genre has persisted with similar issues was -priceless-. He initially believed this game to be an innovative experience alongside Oblivion. Dragon Quest wasn't in his vocabulary, and he didn't know what Final Fantasy actually was outside of media advertisements over the years.

Personnally...good graphics, short loading, 'meh' everything else. Only hit Chapter 5 before quitting, but it fits the PSP beautifully.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Blame! said:
out of boredom i picked this up tonight and just started playing it.

anyone here get a real ultima IV-V-VI-VII vibe here from just the whole intro sequence?

im only at the cave of trials or something but it reminds me of the ultimas i used to play as a kid......nice graphics and soundtracks so far too.

Hell no, and coming from someone who replayed them all via Ultima Collection a few years ago, and is currently playing Ultima VII ON MY PSP (instead of this crappy game), that says a lot!

;p

...well since this thread got bumped....I'll go ahead and say that I ordered both Brave Story PSP and the Novel (not manga) from Amazon yesterday :D

Top Bottom