• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears CIRCUS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

BspearsNEW.png

Pop princess Britney Spears is the comeback queen of 2008, the reason that life is nearly worth living in these uncertain times. She is set to release her 6th studio album Circus on her 27th birthday, December 2nd.

Circus refers to the sheer variety of the album tracks. Britney's Blackout producers Bloodshy & Avant (Toxic, Piece of Me) and Danja (Gimme More) are back on board, Dr. Luke is added to the mix producing the second single Circus (title track). Old time producer Max Martin (Baby One More Time) reunites with Spears after 7 years for "If You Seek Amy". Guy Sigsworth (Everytime) also reunites with Spears for the 2 ballads "Out from Under" and "My Baby". Newcomers The Outsyders produced the #1 hit single "Womanizer" (her first #1 in almost 10 years).

The album, as of November 16th, has leaked in its entirety.

thecover.png

883359_CD_L_B.jpg

1. "Womanizer"
2. "Circus"
3. "Out from Under"
4. "Kill the Lights"
5. "Shattered Glass"
6. "If U Seek Amy"
7. "Unusual You"
8. "Blur"
9. "Mmm Papi"
10. "Mannequin"
11. "Lace and Leather"
12. "My Baby"
13. "Radar"

Bonus Tracks

Rock Me In (Deluxe Edition)
Phonography (Deluxe Edition)
Amnesia (European and Japanese editions)
Trouble (exclusive iTunes preorder track)
Quicksand (exclusive European iTunes track)

VIDEO: The making of Circus album (Deluxe Edition)

Promotion

Unlike Blackout, Circus is set to have a great number of Britney promotional activities. The following are confirmed:

+ Performances on Star Academy, X-Factor and Good Morning America.
+ Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair and Glamour covers
+ MTV 90 minute Documentary "Britney Spears: For the Record", which has Britney reflecting on her couple of crazy years and the future.
+ 2009 Circus World Tour

24612629.jpg

Promotional appearances will be posted as they appear

Music Videos

Womanizer-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-23EToh43M

"Circus" music video has been shot by Francis Lawrence, who directed her "Slave 4 U" video. Release date in early december, quite possibly December 2nd.

Performances

Womanizer Live at Star Academy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdMw5oaVAz8

Womanizer Live at Bambi Awards- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8wpyvqu9Hg

Circus Art and Photos

1500tightropebritney-spears-circus-image111808.jpg

For The Record promos

"Dancing is my Therapy"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7BpD-IcshU
"Weird is all Ive ever known"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhiLrjug2bw
"Complaining is not my style"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgHpP4tRbGw

Previous Work

BRITNEY-SPEARS-blackout-album.jpg

Blackout is Britney's most adventurous album. Considered by many as "state of the art pop", Blackout places emphasis on the $4 million production (it was the budget for the album). Heavy on electro, Blackout is the perfect album for a night out.

Gimme More- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4DM6tGBhzg
Piece of Me- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkDNxhvyDi0
Get Naked- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msjJ6Lo0WRM

Previous work, reviews and more!

Special thanks to Toy Soldier! Thank you for always supporting a good cause!

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Seems like some of the music on this album is good, but I've never been a fan of her non-dance songs, so this album has a lot more "filler" to me.

Blackout brought the goods.

...that all being said I'm a bit upset that Britney is getting back on track musically. I was hoping she'd eventually pose naked since her career was tanking so badly. As a random side benefit, she will now get back in shape so we'll likely have more sexy pictures.

Give me fit Britney naked and I will be satisfied.

Dyno

Looks like the airbrushing industry is going to prove recession-proof what with Britney posing for pictures again.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Nothing could be worse than Blackout. I wonder why they stuck Radar on this album too though. I know it got semi-popular, but it wasn't that great to put it on 2 CDs.

I still don't understand how your mother didn't realize you were gay.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Pop princess Britney Spears is the comeback queen of 2008, the reason that life is nearly worth living in these uncertain times.

Are you insane!? :lol

That's a joke, right? You're poking fun at yourself?

On that note, I'll give it a listen. Even the trash that was Blackout had a couple cool songs.

ZeoVGM

Banned
thesoapster said:
If anything this keeps her busy so she's not going around shaving her head and talking in a fake British accent.

When the album sells badly, I'm sure she'll do something insane.

Dre

That cover is really bad, poor Britney looks kinda cross-eyed on it. Very bad Photoshop skills.

Mau ®

Quicksand has just been added to the digital tracklist in Europe. Its the Lady GaGa song BTW. USA got seriously screwed with the bonus tracks (Amnesia anyone?!)

lol I was obviously joking. They're not even my words, they're from a Radaronline blog post which I thought was funny.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/09/britney-spears-womanizer-leaks-omg.php

Britney Spears is the comeback queen of 2008, the reason that life is nearly worth living in these uncertain times. Now her new single—from her album, "Circus," which drops (ha, drops) in just a few days or maybe December 2, officially—has leaked out all over the tubes. So all the homosexuals are like, "SQUEEEEE!" It is definitely, definitely a continuation of "Blackout" which, you know, is a grand thing! That album is totally good you guys. So this song is also definitely not the song she was shown rehearsing to at the VMAs. (Britney did not perform at the VMAs, because she did not need to. It was enough, the experts agreed, that she was just able to stand up and smile.) You know, what can we say? YES. Yes to Britney is yes to life. Yes to this tinny 40-second clip.

inthezone, you broke your promise. :p

Shhhhhh!!!!

=P

ZeoVGM

Banned
thesoapster said:
Like a sex tape

please please please (she looks better now than she used to!)

Thanks to makeup and clothing.

Under those pants is going to be a world of hurt.

How Phonography became just a "bonus track" is beyond me. Easily one of the best tracks of the album.

I like 3 songs:
- Kill the lights
- If you seek amy
- Phonography

The other songs are more classic Britney, while I only like Blackout Britney, so this album is not my cup of tea. However, the three songs mentioned above are ace.

btkadams

omg rite said:

On that note, I'll give it a listen. Even the trash that was Blackout had a couple cool songs.
so hateful lol

i've listened to it and theres actually about 4 really good songs and the rest are alright, though i've never really been a britney fan so thats saying something. i mostly just wanna get drunk at a club and dance to them tbh.

Mau ®

btkadams said:
so hateful lol

i've listened to it and theres actually about 4 really good songs and the rest are alright, though i've never really been a britney fan so thats saying something. i mostly just wanna get drunk at a club and dance to them tbh.

And thats what Britney music is all about anyway!

Yeah Phonography should've been on the album. Jive or whoever did the tracklist really dropped the ball, I mean 2 of the bonus tracks are the best tracks on the album (Phonography and Amnesia). How the hell did "mmm papi" became more than a demo is beyond me!

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
PIZZA DRIVER PIZZA DRIVER PIZZA DRIVER PIZZA DRIVER

Boy dont try to front I know just what you are
Boy dont try to front I know just what you are

PIZZA DRIVER PIZZA DRIVER PIZZA DRIVER PIZZA DRIVER

[repeat as necessary for career revival]

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Jill Sandwich said:
Her fajita will look like someone threw a beef grenade into a butcher's window, you can have it.
God damnit...why would you do that? Your fucked up use of imagery has ruined the mood now. I hope you're happy.

Best songs:
Circus
Kill the Lights
If U Seek Amy
Unusual You
Amnesia

I like Blackout better :/ Mainly because ballads aren't my thing. Unusual You is still good though

Joke thread?

Also, K-Fed is my hero. He married up, took the bitch for all she's worth, and now is paid to hang out at home with his kids. I wanna be just like him when I grow up.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I AM JOHN! said:
Also, K-Fed is my hero. He married up, took the bitch for all she's worth, and now is paid to hang out at home with his kids. I wanna be just like him when I grow up.

Yeah K-Fed is a living legend.

RubxQub

inthezone said:
The first Circus music video screen capture

http://i36.tinypic.com/or6nau.jpg[IMG]

which is from the new "From the Record" commercial that aired this afternoon

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb-N7AgAqUI[/url][/QUOTE]
She looks fat there...ew :(

Mau ®

legend166 said:
Are you sure Circus doesn't refer to her life?

Yes, it also refers to "living her life under the papparazi lights". Which is honestly kinda tired as it resambles Blackout's metaphor as well. Eh.

Added the records backside to the OP. I like that pic

883359_CD_L_B.jpg

Is Radar from blackout? why is it on Circus?

Yes, it appears to be exactly the same version found in Blackout.

The song was once set to be the 4th single from Blackout, but it was later axed because Britney started recording Circus. Apparently there were some contractual obligations for Jive to Bloodshy & Avant and The Clutch, so to make up any damages, they included Radar on the album so they could get more royalties as it had been a single.

Mau ®

Oh shit "Trouble" has just leaked. Nice background beats by Bloodshy & Avant, but its kinda boring.

Another song leaked too "Rock Boy". This one came out of nowhere. So officially everything has leaked.

Oops, I missed the new thread, ITZ! My bad, I didn't see it 'til you posted the link in the other thread.

Awesome stuff, great job on the thread. I'm pumped. To summarize the thoughts I've already posted elsewhere, based on listening to the album roughly once in its entirety, I'm thrilled with it: if nothing else, it's the true return to form I've been waiting for, in every regard.

Unlike Blackout, which was largely a one-trick pony (it was a fucking GREAT trick, don't get me wrong - one of my all-time favorite albums), there's the variety here that Britney albums had always been structured around. It runs the gamut of the best pop has to offer in 2008, tossing in plenty of nods to the best of Britney's past, resulting in a diverse collection of good, fun, sometimes-touching pop.

That said, the songs are ALWAYS good on Britney albums. This is Queen B, she works with the best in the business, year after year. The difference this time around, and what makes it a bona fide return to form, is that there's more Britney on this album. The songs often feel more about hearing her and her personality and that signature distinct vocal style being engaged in her recording of the songs. Blackout was kind of the opposite: the songs were great, the production was freaking epic, but sometimes Britney's presence took an uncharacteristic secondary role.

gutshot said:
Toy Soldier is going to be pissed he didn't get to make this thread.

Not at all, quite the opposite! :) I love that there are other folks as excited as I am, and appreciate this stuff as much as I do. We ride together, baby.

circus0kd9.jpg

circus1gj9.jpg

circus2qb5.jpg

Shots from the set of the Circus video, obviously. Very promising!

RubxQub

Uh oh!

Double edit: Don't want to get banned for linking to the site directly. Here is the text:

wwtdd.com said:
Everything seems to be going great for Britney Spears these days, as she and her managers put the finishing touches on a remarkable comeback after her career was seemingly lost for good. But clearly all is not well, and Britney even broke down in tears during a remarkably candid interview set to air on Sky1 and Sky HD on December 1st in the UK. The Sun says…

A WEEPING Britney Spears has admitted her new image is a SHAM — and claims she would feel freer if she was in prison.
The troubled pop princess moans that her new controlled lifestyle after hitting rock bottom last year feels “like Groundhog Day”.
Britney, 26, stunned delighted fans by bouncing back from her breakdown. But in a new fly-on-the-wall documentary she tearfully admits: “There’s no excitement, there’s no passion.
“I have really good days, and then I have bad days. Even when you go to jail you know there’s the time when you’re gonna get out.
“But in this situation, it’s never ending. It’s just like Groundhog Day every day.”
Britney, who performs on X Factor next weekend, believes she is still “paying” for her public meltdown when she shaved her head and lost custody of her two sons.
She says: “I think it’s too in control. If I wasn’t under the restraints I’m under, I’d feel so liberated. When I tell them the way I feel, it’s like they hear but they’re really not listening.
“If you do something wrong in your work, you can move on, but I’m having to pay for a long time.
“I never wanted to become one of those prisoner people. I always wanted to feel free.”
She adds: “I think I’ve learnt my lesson now and enough is enough.”​

Oh noes. This is not a good sign. You have to know your limitations in life, especially in Hollywood. If thinking isn’t your thing, just look pretty and do what the smart people say. In this case, Britney needs to hit the treadmill and do what Larry Randolph says. If he tells you to hop on one foot and bark like a dog, put your arms out for balance and start arfin.

Quadruple edit: I ninja edited this post like 5 times :lol

ZeoVGM

Banned
Everything off this album so far is really really bad. And I'll admit if there's a good sounding Britney song. You're lying if you say you didn't like "Toxic".

But everything I've heard off this so far is terrible.

RubxQub said:
Uh oh!

Double edit: Don't want to get banned for linking to the site directly. Here is the text:

Quadruple edit: I ninja edited this post like 5 times :lol

WWTDD put a pretty negative mean-spirited twist on Britney's quotes, IMHO. Earlier clips from that documentary show that she recognizes the heart of why she's been put in this position in the first place. There's no indication that she yearns to return to the situation that spelled hospitalization and a lack of custody. She's admittedly still working through that.

It's not "uh oh!"-caliber stuff here, we're seeing some of the most healthy, open talk we've heard from her in years. That's why I'm really excited about this documentary. There seems to be some actual candid commentary from a Britney Spears who is entirely aware of why her life is where it is, but is dissatisfied with being tethered to a weight that prevents her from being a fully-functioning adult. She's feeling like her wings might now be ready to hit the air, but is still cautiously being kept from flapping them.

As much negative spin as might be attached to those quotes and this documentary, I'm just glad - for her sake - that she's actually got this desire to get back on her own two feet. She talks about how she uses her recording and dancing as therapy, how she deals with working through these rough situations. That's healing, that's progress.

Mau ®

Yeah I am quite sure they spinned her quotes out of context. The article is from The Sun UK ffs.

For example, when in the latest promos she says "so do I think my life is weird? Its all Ive ever known" she says it in an accepting way, and on the article they put it as if she believes it to be doomed.

Ashhong

did anybody listen to one of her bonus tracks titled "Poker Face" ft. Lady GaGa? it was a single off of lady gagas CD, and i cant understand why it would be on here. britney does not sing on it except for that stupid ass laugh they put in her songs and "its britney bitch".

wat the fuck? i actually like the song and was hoping to hear a new voice on it, but nope. weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom