• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Destiny Alpha Withdrawal Thread

FiraB

Banned
... What the fuck is this shit?!

For PS3 or PS4? Because if it's for PS3, you don't need PS+ for Destiny. If it's PS4, then you're an utter n00b because the DS4 is much better.
Nope I've gone through one controller already.

The sticks crack extremely easy after excessive use sadly and I hate those stick mods you can get. My 360 controllers has lasted a hell of a lot more punishment then I put the DS4 through and I only used that for dark souls 2, GTAV and Ghosts.

The sticks crack extremely easy after excessive use sadly and I hate those stick mods you can get. My 360 controllers has lasted a hell of a lot more punishment then I put the DS4 through and I only used that for dark souls 2, GTAV and Ghosts.

Pfft. This isn't Halo.

Idk Iv had mine since January and it's been fine. Seems like you just got a crappy pair.

FiraB

Banned
Idk Iv had mine since January and it's been fine. Seems like you just got a crappy pair.

Possible, I've replaced the sticks on the pair I've got but I still prefer the 360 controller probably because I used it so much. Many like the DS4 controller and it is a heck of a upgrade compared to DS3 but each to their own an I have my preference.

Possible, I've replaced the sticks on the pair I've got but I still prefer the 360 controller probably because I used it so much. Many like the DS4 controller and it is a heck of a upgrade compared to DS3 but each to their own an I have my preference.
I understand. When my 360 croaked(red ring of death ;__:). I got a PS3 and man going from the 360 controller to that was....hard.

I really enjoy the PS4 controller. Not sure I could ever go back.

So I pre-ordered Destiny digitally on PS4. I never got a code. Do I need to worry about this beta selection process or what, or will it just be available?

I was at a friend's last weekend and we played Spelunky using Steam Big Picture mode and 360 controllers. I only play Spelunky on my Vita, but playing with the 360 controller felt awful to me.

Anyways, did any of you guys download the Bungie smartphone app yet? I did earlier, and I think it'll get an upgrade, like the main site, for Destiny stuff tomorrow. Might be a good way for DestinyGAF to handle things on the go.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I was at a friend's last weekend and we played Spelunky using Steam Big Picture mode and 360 controllers. I only play Spelunky on my Vita, but playing with the 360 controller felt awful to me.

Anyways, did any of you guys download the Bungie smartphone app yet? I did earlier, and I think it'll get an upgrade, like the main site, for Destiny stuff tomorrow. Might be a good way for DestinyGAF to handle things on the go.
I've had the Bungie app for ages, to read all the Xbone users whining about "Bungie betraying them."

Still waiting for the Destiny companion app to drop through.

SnakeEyes

Banned
During the Alpha, the Bungie App became the Destiny App but only if you were signed up as a Tester through Bungie's Google Play setup.
Hopefully we find out in the near future then. I'd personally prefer it to be a stand-alone app, because I don't want to deal with all the other Bungie shit that's in the current app.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hopefully we find out in the near future then. I'd personally prefer it to be a stand-alone app, because I don't want to deal with all the other Bungie shit that's in the current app.

We're building a GUI interface using visual basic to track the Destiny IP.

Most, if not all Admins are currently using the Bungie.net mobile app. I've been using it myself, since its announcement. Despite that, we do have protocols when accepting membership requests, which resulted to late acceptance. I've been reading some clan related posts in this thread, we here at DestinyGAF are just waiting for the Clan system to drop then we will have a clear idea on what we are actually dealing with. 150 cap, doesn't mean a thing if an Alliance can be capless and house multiple subclans under it. We are taking all your suggestions and opinions into account, more info will be released/announced by us once the Clan System drops.

JCreasy

I am recruiting for a Destiny PS4 clan. My PSN ID is Creasybear. Add me, and together we'll build the most lethal mercenary clan the stars have ever seen.

Remember: "discipline is like mother's milk to the men of the Golden Company."

I am recruiting for a Destiny PS4 clan. My PSN ID is Creasybear. Add me, and together we'll build the most lethal mercenary clan the stars have ever seen.

Remember: "discipline is like mother's milk to the men of the Golden Company."

Most of GAF is in the official GAF clan already...

For those who have missed out on the Limited and Ghost editions, there is still a chance to grab one.

USA
- Best Buy has yet to post the SKUs
- GameStops may still be taking pre orders in your area

Canada
- Amazon Canada has yet to post the SKUs (although sometimes they never get them like The Witcher 3 CE)
- Future Shop and Best Buy have all versions still available
- EB Games may still be taking pre orders in your area

Will do my best to post links as they become available like earlier today! They came back in stock on Amazon USA today.

Am recruiting for my own Destiny clan. You must have

-A white PS4
-A 32" or more TV
-301 or more posts on GAF
-Be older than 12
-Play as a Hunter
-Cannot have an X in your PSN ID
-follow me on twitter and retweet this

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Am recruiting for my own Destiny clan. You must have

-A white PS4
-A 32" or more TV
-301 or more posts on GAF
-Be older than 12
-Play as a Hunter
-Cannot have an X in your PSN ID
-follow me on twitter and retweet this

C-section scar...a must.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

How are you going to map the track pad and the share button though? o_O

This thread will soon be dead, like all our guardians.
Never has been more appropriate.
gallery_5_6_24549.jpg

Wait.

Listening to Episode 66 of Guardian Radio (great podcast) and they just said that Destiny isn't releasing in Japan on the Xbox platform at all.

No 360
No One

That shocked me.

Top Bottom