• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official European software charts week ending 1 July 2006

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
zankara said:
Australia and New Zealand charts please. :D

I'm hoping Guitar Hero has made a dent on the NZ charts, since everywhere I went it seemed to be selling really well.
These are last weeks but will automattically update, so people reading this in the future will see the latest...

Top%2010%20All%20Full%20Priced%20Gam.gif

Any other Systems wanted?

Striek

VOOK said:
These are last weeks but will automattically update, so people reading this in the future will see the latest...
Which is why you should always upload them to another site first. Its pointless if people are trying to look back at weekly sales of the previous year and the sales are for a week beforehand.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Oh and we need robinspain to make up a Spanish chart ;).

Shiggy

Yoshi said:
Oh and we need robinspain to make up a Spanish chart ;).

Well, he could tell us sales, I think :lol

..."PSP sold 2 million units in Spain, DS only 400.000 worldwide." ...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Striek said:
Which is why you should always upload them to another site first. Its pointless if people are trying to look back at weekly sales of the previous year and the sales are for a week beforehand.

Fine then have a boo hoo...
allgames3xr.gif

Die Squirrel Die said:
I haven't seen this ad at all. What TV are you watching?

It seems to be on everytime I watch ITV, C4 or Sky One. Even seen it a few times on RTE. I checked for it on youtube but it's not there unfortunately, it's very similar to the Japanese commercial though, except no vocals.

StephaneC

Top ventes console

1. New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo, NDS)
2. Programme d'Entraînement Cérébral du Dr Kawashima : quel âge a votre cerveau ? (Nintendo, NDS)
3. Nintendogs Dalmatian & Friends Edition (Nintendo)
4. Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories (Rockstar)
5. Animal Crossing : Wild World (Nintendo, NDS)
6. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Platinum (Konami, PS2)
7. Tourist Trophy (Sony, PS2)
8. Nintendogs : Labrador (Nintendo, NDS)
9. FIFA : Coupe du Monde 2006 (EA, PS2)
10. Dragon Ball Z : Shin Budokai (Atari, PSP)

Top ventes PC

1. Hits Collection Special PC (Mindscape)
2. Titan Quest Collector (THQ)
3. Guild Wars : Factions (NCSoft)
4. Opération jeux petits prix (Divers)
5. Pro Cycling Manager (Focus)
6. Les Sims 2 (Electronic Arts)
7. Les Sims 2 : La Bonne Affaire (Electronic Arts)
8. Heroes of Might & Magic V (Ubisoft)
9. World Of Warcraft (Vivendi)
10. Titan Quest (THQ)

StephaneC said:
Top ventes console

2. Programme d'Entraînement Cérébral du Dr Kawashima : quel âge a votre cerveau ? (Nintendo, NDS)

Top ventes PC

1. Hits Collection Special PC (Mindscape)
2. Titan Quest Collector (THQ)
3. Guild Wars : Factions (NCSoft)
4. Opération jeux petits prix (Divers)
5. Pro Cycling Manager (Focus)
6. Les Sims 2 (Electronic Arts)
7. Les Sims 2 : La Bonne Affaire (Electronic Arts)
8. Heroes of Might & Magic V (Ubisoft)
9. World Of Warcraft (Vivendi)
10. Titan Quest (THQ)

woah Nintendomination

Meier

Wow, that French chart is quite impressive. DS Lite is truly the #1 system worldwide these days and deservedly so. :D

Meier said:
Wow, that French chart is quite impressive. DS Lite is truly the #1 system worldwide these days and deservedly so. :D
its getting lots of air time in the UK with radio and TV shows chatting about it, and even Radio 1 (Sony lovers) hammering the PSP for lack of wantable software compared to the DS

StephaneC said:
Top ventes console

Well, Touch Generations for the win, again.

[edit] My bad. New Super Mario Bros is labelled as Touch Generations in Japan, but not in Europe.

ZeoVGM

Banned
StephaneC said:

good thing you backed that up instead of just randomly saying wrong as if we should take your word for it

ya really impressive for ds game sales imo

kia you should update the main post

«þ»

Aussie & NZ (I know this weeks Aussie charts are posted up there, but these are static and won't change every week)

Aussie

top10allfullpricedgam2fe.gif

Not much changes this week, FIFA World Cup goes up despite Australia getting knocked out of the cup, and Brain Training goes down one.

NZ
top10nzallfullpricedgam7nw.gif

Sony domination

Bo130

A star means new entry - it's new to the Top 10 :p

Anyway, I got the chart from Denmark, dunno if it's interesting for you, as the country is rather small; Top 20 Multi:

1. GTA Liberty Stories (PS2)
2. World of Warcraft PC
3. FIFA World Cup 2006 (PS2)
4. Hitman Blood Money (PS2)
5. The Sims 2: Family Fun
6. Heroes 5: Heroes of Might & Magic
7. Hitman Blood Money (PC)
8. The Sims 2
9. The Sims 2: Open for Business
10. Buzz The Big Quiz
11. Counter-Strike Source
12. Brain Training
13. Football Manager 2006
14. FIFA Street 2 (PS2)
15. Battlefield 2
16. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (PS2)
17. Daxter
18. FIFA 06 (PS2)
19. Metroid Prime Hunters
20. Mario Kart DS

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
zankara said:
New Zealand is like a whole country of Sony fans and a few Xbox ones. It's amazing how the Ps2 'non games' are absolutely huge over here.

Yup, man that sucked being a cube fan when I was there :lol They treat Nintendo like lepers, even the DS stuff was back shelf in Wellington stores. Whats it like now with DSlite?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
That's the first time I've done a double post with the click of 1 button and no errors o_O

zankara

catfish said:
Yup, man that sucked being a cube fan when I was there :lol They treat Nintendo like lepers, even the DS stuff was back shelf in Wellington stores. Whats it like now with DSlite?

Dslite is sold in pretty much all stores. Yet the game selection pretty much sucks and there is hardly any avertising for it. Unlike PSP which is pretty much everywhere and dwarfs the DSlite in shop displays.

Also what's up with Diablo II in the top ten? I sometimes think New Zealand lives in some wacked gaming dimension, seperate from the rest of the world.

At least singstar has made it cool to have a PS2 now...:D

Edit: I wonder if Diablo II is supposed to be Titan Quest... Pretty stupid mistake if it was, but would make sense I suppose.

jesusraz

It'll be interesting to see how Electroplankton (£29.99) does when released this Friday alongside Big Brain Academy (£19.99)...BBA's bound to hit the Top 10, but does anyone reckon the musical 'game' will manage to break the Top 40?

I really hope so as it'll likely nudge Iwai-san towards doing the Wii project he recently said he was considering.

ziran

DS pulls ahead of PSP in the UK for 2006:
http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=1158
Advantage Nintendo

10:15, Jul 7th by Neil Long

PSP’s impressive start in the handheld market has been soured this week as rival console Nintendo DS began to pull ahead in the race for portable supremacy.

The latest industry estimates suggest that the June 23rd launch of DS Lite, while deemed unspectacular by some at the time, has boosted hardware sales for the year so far ahead of Sony’s PSP.

And Nintendo is eclipsing the competition in the software charts – this week’s biggest selling DS game New Super Mario Bros outsold top PSP title Tomb Raider: Legend by a ratio of over five to one. The Nintendo format also claimed the prize for being the overall top-selling full price console platform this week.

As the summer months shift gamers’ focus toward handhelds, the sector as a whole seems to be gaining strength all the time.

For the full story, see today's MCV (7/7).
It will be interesting to see if DS can hold onto this lead.

ziran said:
DS pulls ahead of PSP in the UK for 2006:
http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=1158

It will be interesting to see if DS can hold onto this lead.
I think the lead is bigger...

The latest industry estimates suggest that the June 23rd launch of DS Lite, while deemed unspectacular by some at the time, has boosted hardware sales for the year so far ahead of Sony’s PSP.

So 2006 LTD DS just surpassed PSP, but it has 2005 LTD lead too.

EDIT: The DS 2005 LTD was 0.95 and PSP was 0.81, so the lead is >140k

ziran

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I think the lead is bigger...

So 2006 LTD DS just surpassed PSP, but it has 2005 LTD lead too.

EDIT: The DS 2005 LTD was 0.95 and PSP was 0.81, so the lead is >140k
i understand, but, i was talking about whether ds can hold onto its 2006 lead over psp, not the overall lead.

the challenge for ds is to maintain its ytd lead over psp in the coming months.

medrew

catfish said:

Gamesman actually had giant DSL and NSMB cardboard stands in the display window down Lambton Quay. I was shocked. But having said that you still have to go into the pits of hell to get to the DS section.
Man I hate Monaco. 10,000 GCN's sold in NZ; 140,000 Xboxes and 350,000 PS2's.
The 360 has already outsold GCN.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
Where did the Euro Lite figures come from for the UK?

I'm pretty sure those are for the first two days of sale in the U.K. Compare it to the ~136K sold in the U.S. in two days.

jesusraz

donny2112 said:
I'm pretty sure those are for the first two days of sale in the U.K. Compare it to the ~136K sold in the U.S. in two days.

Chart Track stated 35,000 in the first two days. But Chart-Track doesn't include the sales from Toys 'R Us, one of the largest retailers in the UK, so chances are sales were actually much higher.

Wish Nintendo would go on record with official figures...Gaybrush, The Colonel, anyone? ;)

Rocked

Great stuff. Has anyone (from any European country) seen any adverts or promotion from Electroplankton?

yilmazz

Haven't seen any commercials for Electroplankton.. but there are DSL, Touch Generations, Nintendogs, Brain Academy and New SMB ads all over the place. I usually don't watch tv that often, but I've never seen such an massvie advertising effort from Nintendo EVER.
The ads are on every station every time of the day. Sometimes there are even more than five Nintendo ads in one commercial break.
So if there's a chance to see Nintendo advertising a game like Electroplankton, it is now. ;)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Swedish top 20 for week 26 (aka welcome to PC-land):

1. Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories PS2
2. World of Warcraft PC
3. FIFA Fotbolls-VM 2006 PS2
4. The Sims 2 Kul för familjen: prylpaket PC
5. Half-Life 2: Episode one PC
6. The Sims 2 Arbetsliv PC
7. Battlefield 2 PC
8. Heroes of Might & Magic 5 PC
9. The Sims 2 PC
10. Buzz: The Big Quiz PS2
11. Guild Wars Factions PC
12. FIFA Street 2 PS2
13. FIFA Fotbolls-VM 2006 XBOX
14. Counter-Strike: Source PC
15. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training DS
16. Table Tennis XB360
17. Age of Empires 3 PC
18. Trafikskolan TEO 2006 PC
19. Command & Conquer: First Decade PC
20. Metroid Prime Hunters DS

ioi

Banned
What a complete opposite performance to the N64 which did poorly in Japan and Europe (UK especially) and yet really well in the USA (20m+), considering some people would categorise it as almost a handheld N64 in some ways (Mario 64, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart DS etc).

Top Bottom