• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Zophar

I'm strongly considering taking the 21st off of work so I can go to the midnight double launches Gamestop is doing for this along with LBP. Infact I'd say this is the game I'm most excited for this month.

DrBo42

Karma said:
Fable2DLCArmor-lg.jpg

This seems to be the bonus armor you get with the Limited Edition.

I actually like this a lot. :lol "I require thine weapon."

fernoca

TheOneGuy said:
Yeah it is lame.

Not as lame as the exclusive bonus dungeon, though.
Considering all the stuff that was cut at the last minute from the Limited Edition it's still a nice extra.

argh im really interested in this game (even though ive never played fable 1). only, i have to get an xbox 360....and tv first :( i guess ill just wait for the reviews to start coming out and make my decision after this semester at school finishes.

Teknoman

fernoca said:
Oh come on!

It's a fantasy game about a character than can kill an entire village, then be completely good and admired in another; be married to a woman in one town and have children, while also being married to a guy in another town...that can shoot lighting bolts form his hands..all that, while wearing just briefs..

Those it needs an explanation? :p

Some people have done that in real life :lol Minus the lightning bolts....possibly the briefs too.

Twig

Banned
fernoca said:
Considering all the stuff that was cut at the last minute from the Limited Edition it's still a nice extra.
Ah, you misunderstand.

In-game exclusive content is always lame. I'm low on money as is. I can't afford to blow an extra $20 on a CE. And as a result, I miss out on extra content? Lame.

But that's neither here nor there. I am looking forward to this game. Want now.

Phthisis

TheOneGuy said:
Ah, you misunderstand.

In-game exclusive content is always lame. I'm low on money as is. I can't afford to blow an extra $20 on a CE. And as a result, I miss out on extra content? Lame.

But that's neither here nor there. I am looking forward to this game. Want now.

CE is only $10 more, not 20.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
TheOneGuy said:
That doesn't even come close to making sense. You can't afford to pay for something, therefore it's lame that you don't get it?

Twig

Banned
Phthisis said:
CE is only $10 more, not 20.
Ah? Shame 360 games are already almost too expensive for me, or that might not be so bad.
Cocopjojo said:
That doesn't even come close to making sense. You can't afford to pay for something, therefore it's lame that you don't get it?
Well, yes and no. It's lame that I'm poor. But exclusive content is lame for different reasons entirely. But you can think of me what you want. I don't really care! :D

EDIT: I'll give you a hint, though: I'm a PC gamer.

GavinGT

Banned
GarthVaderUK said:
The latter.

Really? Then how does it transition from one section to the next? For example, do you have to go through a particular "door" in order for the game to load the next section, or just step across an invisible barrier that runs the entire side of the section?

I have to admit I never even thought about how this was being done in Fable 2.

Tubobutts

GavinGT said:
Really? Then how does it transition from one section to the next? For example, do you have to go through a particular "door" in order for the game to load the next section, or just step across an invisible barrier that runs the entire side of the section?

I have to admit I never even thought about how this was being done in Fable 2.

The only transition I've seen is going from Bower Lake to Bowerstone. In this case you walk through a specific barricade and then go to a loading screen.

Cocopjojo said:

What? It makes perfect sense; this bonus content was obviously completed at the same time as the game, so they purposively took out the extra content to charge more for it in a Collector’s Edition.

Twig

Banned
PseudoKirby said:
thats just a drawing, I have been wanting to see the in game one
Really? Damn, I must be going blind. I thought that was the in-game model. D:

EDIT: The more I look at it, the more I see it. ;-;

man that gun fires too fast still... I was under the impression that these were old guns, I hope that reloading is from later in the game, because I figured it would be fire reload powder in gun ect...

whats the drawbacks of guns now? everyones just going to use them...

ampere

I accidentally put my birthday as this year and it locked me out of the Hero's Tale game :(
I was logged into my Live ID too so I can't play it now >.>
I did win the chicken kicking game though :)

GavinGT

Banned
PseudoKirby said:
man that gun fires too fast still... I was under the impression that these were old guns, I hope that reloading is from later in the game, because I figured it would be fire reload powder in gun ect...

whats the drawbacks of guns now? everyones just going to use them...

Lower power than melee weapons, harder to control swarms of enemies.

GavinGT said:
Lower power than melee weapons, harder to control swarms of enemies.

didnt look like it had lower power with those one shot death headshots

and your right, up close a group of enemies would tear you apart

I've just be skeptical with the addition of guns since day one, but PM said they would be very early guns with alot of drawbacks...

Ramirez

Cocopjojo said:

Pretty lame to put an extra dungeon in the LE, I can see suits of armor and stuff, but c'mon. :Lol

That'd be like adding another single player mission or mp map in Halo only available to cat helmet people.

fernoca

The commercial can be downloaded at the Live Marketplace too..
Loved it..still remember the one form the first game with the guy in the train.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Timber said:
i have all the items from the site now. i just have to say; damn, i really love technology sometimes. i play some flash (well, silverwhatever) games on a site and now i have a three-piece chicken suit to wear in my console rpg. truly awesome stuff.

oh and again... that cave! its mentioned in all the endings. this is baseless speculation but could it mean that your inventory might be stored to be transferred into fable 3?
i guess it's wishful thinking more than anything :) but i cant imagine what else it might mean.
At the beggining it talks about a hero who saved all of albion from an "unlikely bloodline" but "thats another story" (or something like that)

Then the character at the end leaves his things in a cave where "his ancestors can find them"

...I'm assuming that your character in Fable 2 is a distant relative of the character in the flash game. At some point you'll go to a cave and get something from it. If you played this you may also find those little items.

sounds perfect to me.

Yagharek

Staccat0 said:
At the beggining it talks about a hero who saved all of albion from an "unlikely bloodline" but "thats another story" (or something like that)

Then the character at the end leaves his things in a cave where "his ancestors can find them"

Ancestors? o_0

Funky time travelling confirmed!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling this game is going to be relatively huge in Australia. Everyone seems to know the Fable brand and I've actually seen ads for the game (you rarely see videogame ads on TV here).

Staccat0 said:

Personally i thought it referred to your character in Fable 1.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Lostconfused said:
Personally i thought it referred to your character in Fable 1.

I don't think so, they've written a shit load of new lore to fill in the gap between Fable 1 and 2, there are dozens of hero stories now, I think this is just another one, check here: http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/TalesofAlbion/Default.aspx (this one does require Silverlight).

They've fleshed out the world to a crazy degree, hope that comes through in the game.

GavinGT said:

The former is true of most places, whereas others have a path which you jog down and the screen fades out to a pic of the next area and a map, with some hints, tips, villager quotes and other information about Albion to read while you wait.

I'm at the end now, just waiting for my wife to come home so I can finish up. It's the first game in a long, long time where she's been happy to sit and watch me play and really enjoyed following my adventures.

The story's taken a few surprising turns, while a couple of the sidequests have ended in ways I couldn't possibly have predicted. If the ending can live up to everything that's gone before and round things off nicely - a big ask, but doable - then it's almost certainly the best game I've played since Galaxy.

Falagard

this is baseless speculation but could it mean that your inventory might be stored to be transferred into fable 3?
i guess it's wishful thinking more than anything :) but i cant imagine what else it might mean.

Wow. No.

Staccat0 said:

...I'm assuming that your character in Fable 2 is a distant relative of the character in the flash game. At some point you'll go to a cave and get something from it. If you played this you may also find those little items.

sounds perfect to me.

Yes to the above. I thought it was fairly obvious.

Sanjuro

Looks like NewEgg has the game in stock and is shipping again. Some people who overnighted it yesterday claim to have it "out for delivery" today

Top Bottom