• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

MMaRsu

Banned
1cesc said:
From GameSpot preview:

Okay. I'm not interested in that because I will only purchase one title this year ( probably ). So logically I would want the longest title.

What I'm interested in is if you explore the world to it's fullest, do every side quest etc, how long will that take me.

God my doubts are .. :( coop in this, coop in that other game.. :( decisions decisions!

GreekWolf

1cesc said:
From GameSpot preview:
That sounds reasonable. Of course, I'm not sure what his definition of "rushing through" the main story would entail.

My first playthrough of Morrowind took about 55 hours, after which I learned it's possible to complete the Nerevar quest from start to finish in under ten minutes.

Timber

does anyone know if quest boasting is in Fable 2? I loved it in the first game but I haven't seen it mentioned in previews at all which leads me to suspect it might not be in the game.

DeadGzuz

Banned
Where are some real reviews? How can LBP have reviews out and they have the same release date? Is there a black out?

FrankT

DeadGzuz said:
Where are some real reviews? How can LBP have reviews out and they have the same release date? Is there a black out?

There is probably an embargo date. Maybe this Friday if I had to take a guess. Perhaps Blim knows the embargo time.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I've had it pre-ordered for a long time.
Getting it solely for local co-op. Might be the first game where I use online co-op

FrankT

Costanza said:
Not really a good sign...

Eh, I wouldn't say that at all. I believe this could be MS's new stance on embargoes like EA has taken pretty much with the last few big releases, ie, Madden.

Costanza

Banned
Phthisis said:
All games have review embargoes. Most of the time you just don't know it.
Well when the embargo is a day before release of a high profile game, they're usually expecting less than great scores.

I hope I'm wrong. This is one of my most anticipated games.

Costanza said:
Not really a good sign...

I've heard extremely positive things from a reviewer I trust who is playing a review copy now, so I'm not worried. In fact, what he said has got me even more excited!

Darkman M said:
You guys put to much faith in reviews, had mine on pre-order awhile now can't wait till launch.
s4c12e.jpg

I wish I could be like that, but I have to be selective.

FrankT

Costanza said:
Well when the embargo is a day before release of a high profile game, they're usually expecting less than great scores.

I hope I'm wrong. This is one of my most anticipated games.

Like Madden, no like I said that logic doesn't really stand universally.

GarthVaderUK said:
I've heard extremely positive things from a reviewer I trust who is playing a review copy now, so I'm not worried.

Good to hear, hopefully I get my OXM today so I can verify the review.

DangerStepp

I'm very hyped for this. I'll be picking up Far Cry 2 the same day. Thanks, October. I won't grocery shop for another month.

Darkman M

Zeouterlimits said:
s4c12e.jpg

I wish I could be like that, but I have to be selective.

Or you could rent the game? See gta iv reviews perfect 10's? see gamers am cry all types of backlash? Just because a reviewr likes a game doesn't mean you will.

Hootie

Gonna go preorder the LE when I pick up Saints Row 2 tomorrow. :D

Can't wait to go kick some ass in Albion while wearing Ye Olde Mjolnir armor :lol

Darkman M said:
Or you could rent the game? See gta iv reviews perfect 10's? see gamers am cry all types of backlash? Just because a reviewr likes a game doesn't mean you will.
I for one really was happy with the GTAIV reviews, I really enjoyed it (but that's for another thread).

Seth C

Any Best Buy experts here? I pre-ordered there, but can't find my receipt. I take it I am screwed if I try to collect on that?

Darkman M

Seth C said:
Any Best Buy experts here? I pre-ordered there, but can't find my receipt. I take it I am screwed if I try to collect on that?

Never preorded from best buy, but if they are like gamestop all you'll need is a photo id if you lost the receipt.

Costanza

Banned
Darkman M said:
Never preorded from best buy, but if they are like gamestop all you'll need is a photo id if you lost the receipt.
Best Buy doesn't even ask for your name when you preorder. You have to keep the receipt.

I think people should get a better idea on the combat because you'll be doing it a lot, and it's AWESOME. This is coming from an action-junky Ninja Gaiden player, and even I was satisfied with Fable 2's combat.

The genius lies in the magic system. Essentially you're a badass that is very powerful, and while you'd think this would make the game too easy, instead they just throw a lot of enemies at you. So from my limited time (15 minutes) testing out the combat I can tell you that it's very fun.

The dog was pretty lame though, unfortunately :/

Hootie

Whoa whoa whoa...the OP says ANY house/cave/etc can be bought? That is awesome.

But what if I....accidentally...killed the owners of random building? Would I still have to buy it or could I just call it my home without paying a penny?

Seth C

Darkman M said:
He's pretty fucked then.

To be fair I did pre-order it with a credit card AND used my Best Buy Reward Zone card during the pre-order, so I obviously have several records of the transaction, but I still assume I'll be fucked.

Darkman M

Seth C said:
To be fair I did pre-order it with a credit card AND used my Best Buy Reward Zone card during the pre-order, so I obviously have several records of the transaction, but I still assume I'll be fucked.

I imagine, if you have some sort of solid proof of purchase like that, they would/should respect it, if not BBB time.

Teknoman

Seth C said:

Print out your reward zone card and or credit card purchase records and show them that.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Thank you for not doing some stupid "thread of ________" in the topic title.

...That is all.

(I'll have more to say when I have the game).

Hootie said:
Whoa whoa whoa...the OP says ANY house/cave/etc can be bought? That is awesome.

But what if I....accidentally...killed the owners of random building? Would I still have to buy it or could I just call it my home without paying a penny?
Not sure, but if it's anything like Fable 1 you still have to buy the property to own it (ironically enough).

careksims

Hootie said:
Just 8 more days man! Buy Saints Row 2 or something of the like to hold you over! That's what I'm doing :D

Doesn't seem far away to me @_@! That soon!? My! How time flies XD Can't wait!

FrankT

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Since the rumored Dead Space score was confirmed to be correct by the game's art director, I'll just go ahead and say that Fable 2 got a 9.5 in OXM (December 2008 edition), confirmed.

Ah nice then. Didn't know it was confirmed although not so nice for Dead Space. Anyhow, I keep forgetting the mail doesn't run today so no chance I'll get to read the review today.

On a side note that would also mean Fallout 3 got a 10, nice.

Top Bottom