• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Fable II Thread

Frenck

Banned
Teknoman said:
Can you elaborate on that armor section?

EDIT: Think im going to hold onto LBP for Christmas season. It just feels like one of those "Christmas morning games" like Mario Galaxy was. More time to play Fable II.

Basically you have a skill called toughness now instead of traditional RPG armor. The higher you level up that skill the tougher you are. It doesn't matter if you wear a party dress or chainmail. You can still upgrade your clothes/armor based on their amount of slots though.

Probably for permanent magic/stat enhancing effects.

SPEA

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Josef Redbeard - UltimaPooh
Hootie91 - Hootie
MaizeRage25 - MaizeRage25
AJ4seven - Cerebral Assassin
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Liquidlynch13 - xS1TH L0RDx
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA

Gamertag - GAF Username

JJTre - LegendofJoe

But speaking on the game, what kind of character are you guys intending to play as? I'm going to be a mage that whips out a cutlass every once in a while to mop up the baddies. I'm probably going to be a heartless bastard the first time around too.
'

Costanza

Banned
Gamertags:

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Hootie91 - Hootie
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe

Teknoman

Frenck said:
Basically you have a skill called toughness now instead of traditional RPG armor. The higher you level up that skill the tougher you are. It doesn't matter if you wear a party dress or chainmail. You can still upgrade your clothes/armor based on their amount of slots though.

Probably for permanent magic/stat enhancing effects.

Works for me. At least you dont get stuck in any "stupid" looking armor just because it has great vitality/defense stats.

Matt322

Gamertags:

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Hootie91 - Hootie
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
DynamicSquid - Matt322

Costanza said:
I'm guessing you just start with evil points.

Really that is too easy. I mean heck some people will probably be happy if their character is insta evil. They should make it that your characters is the ugliest thing on the planet and has a permanent title of cheater.

I'm one of those folk who never read about the first Fable's hype, so I didn't know I was supposed to hate it for under-delivering. Fable 2 is the first game I've ever preordered (Amazon CE arriving day one for $70 (back when it still had everything in it)). Usually Best Buy has plenty on day one, but if they're going to bring it to me, by all means!

Mango Positive is Mango Positive.

Mifune

Mehmber
Divorced from the hype the original Fable is loads of fun. It has an unassuming charm to it that's very refreshing.

I expect truly great things from Fable II.

Gamertag: No Cease Fires

Ryan_IGN

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Since the rumored Dead Space score was confirmed to be correct by the game's art director, I'll just go ahead and say that Fable 2 got a 9.5 in OXM (December 2008 edition), confirmed.

Yes, I can confirm that we gave it a 9.5. It's about that time where the first kid that lives near the post office next to our shipping warehouse would get the December issue. :)

I did the review (I also reviewed Fable 1 for us). I abso-f'ing-lutely loved the game.

FFChris

Ryan_OXM said:
Yes, I can confirm that we gave it a 9.5. It's about that time where the first kid that lives near the post office next to our shipping warehouse would get the December issue. :)

I did the review (I also reviewed Fable 1 for us). I abso-f'ing-lutely loved the game.

What did you give Fable 1?

FrankT

FFChris said:
What did you give Fable 1?

8.9 if GR is correct.

Wiggum2007 said:
Fable 2 site up, with neat interactive story: http://fable2.xbox.com/experience.aspx?lang=en-US

:lol @ the balverine scene

Awesome teaser site.

Ryan_OXM said:

Nice to hear. Just watching that last video off GT I just know it's going to be a masterpiece. On a side note I know how rare you guys give 10s so F3 must have really impressed then as well.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Gamertags:

Gamertag - GAF Username

Guled91 - Guled
costanza x - Costanza
Hootie91 - Hootie
Aselith - Aselith
DKMS Somnia - Somnia
Oml3t - Domino Theory
TeknomanEX - Teknoman
dorkimoe - dork
SpudxBud - SpudBud
Tissot - tissot
Cocopjojo - Cocopjojo
MaiPenrai - Len Dontree
II Zophar II - Zophar
spoonkiiiah - vumpler
Les Doodis - Doodis
DrBo - DrBo42
SPEA - SPEA
JJTre - LegendofJoe
Metalic Sand - Metalic Sand

demon said:
I haven't paid attention to gaming for a few years now and just randomly stumbled across this thread, and I don't know jack shit about this game. I forgot it was even being made. I remember spending forever looking forward to "Project Ego" and being so pissed with what we ended up with in the stripped down Fable. Is Fable II supposed to be more like Project Ego or what Fable turned out to be?

thats always the best way, stay ignorant about it, then try it out, its supposedly going to be better, positive everything so far

soldat7

Ryan_OXM said:

Curse this too! My hype meter is through the roof now.

Gonna play some Assassin's Creed to cool down.

Lostconfused said:
Really that is too easy. I mean heck some people will probably be happy if their character is insta evil. They should make it that your characters is the ugliest thing on the planet and has a permanent title of cheater.

fuck yes.

sh4mike

Mango Positive said:
You goodie two shoes, you!

I got the same thing.
Honest, Revenge, Kill Husband, Murder, Hero. Not exactly goodie two shoes.

I then went Lie, Good, Save Boy, Let Live, Evil leader. Received a nasty expression book and vial of pink dye.

FrankT

disappeared said:
Ugh, my flash player must be fucked because I can't get that 'experience' site to open.

Yea, had the same issue at first then tried it with mozilla and no problems(after an install).

On a side note, original poster should add the teaser site to the OP with the OXM review score.

Mango Positive said:
You goodie two shoes, you!

I got the same thing.

Hahaha, same here.
I picked the obviously good choices, spared the previous mayor and picked the shoddy crown. Although i was tempted to go for that homely woman, now thats a wife that knows how to treat her husband right.

Wiggum2007 said:
My in-game prize for completing that website is a
3 piece chicken suit
:lol

What choices did you make?

Edit: Wait, do you only get one set of rewards?

sh4mike

After playing through 3 times, my experience is that the final choice determines the prize.

Left(hero) = tattoo and doll
Middle (good) = Chicken Suit
Right(evil) = book and dye

sh4mike

You apparently get to keep them all. I've gone through all 3 screens multiple times, and the site says they've all been redeemed.

Doytch

a Master Ninja said:
Can you get all the items, or are you stuck getting only the first item you redeem?

I think it's tied to your XBL account. The redeem button wasn't working for me at all until I logged in to my account on the xbox.com website.

Also, that chicken game is weird. I have no idea how it works.

You apparently get to keep them all. I've gone through all 3 screens multiple times, and the site says they've all been redeemed.

Cool, may do it again.

Top Bottom