• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Formula One 2010 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wax Free Vanilla said:
all good if they still have wear like this next year

z1290160243.jpg

z1290160204.jpg

z1290160333.jpg
Christ... that'll be bags of fun. :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
Leunam said:
So are they wearing like that because of their camber settings?

Probably.

Those do not look too hot. I wonder how many hard laps it takes to get them that way. If its 20-30 its OK, as we should see 1-3 tire changes in a race. But if its 10-15, I know I don't want to see 3-5 tire changes every race. It would be a stupid waste of time as you would always have some slow guys on used tires and fast guys on fresh tires.

Massa

I think Massa and Schumacher are going to do a lot better next season with the Pirelli tires. I like that. :)

Code:
1º. Felipe Massa (Ferrari ), 1min40s170 ( 94 laps )
2º. Sebastian Vettel (Red Bull-Renault), 1min40s500 ( 143 )
3º. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari), 1min40s529 ( 105 )
4º. Gary Paffett (McLaren-Mercedes), 1min40s874 ( 140 )
5º. Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber-Ferrari), 1min40s950 ( 126 )
6º. Robert Kubica (Renault), 1min41s032 ( 130 )
7º. Rubens Barrichello (Williams-Cosworth), 1min41s294 ( 191 )
8º. Paul di Resta (Force India-Mercedes), 1min41s615 ( 55 )
9º. Oliver Turvey (McLaren-Mercedes), 1min41s740 ( 30 )
10º. Michael Schumacher (Mercedes), 1min41s757 (74)
11º. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes ), 1min41s778 ( 81 )
12º. Jaime Alguersuari (Toro Rosso ), 1min42s019 ( 71 )
13º. Vitantonio Liuzzi (Force India-Mercedes), 1min42s416 ( 46 )
14º. Sérgio Perez (Sauber-Ferrari), 1min42s777 ( 46 )
15º. Adrian Sutil (Force India), 1min42s859 ( 20 )
16º. Timo Glock (Virgin-Cosworth), 1min44s124 ( 160 )
17º. Sébastien Buemi (Toro Rosso/Ferrari), 1min44s245 ( 97 )
18º. Heikki Kovalainen (Lotus), 1min44s686 ( 88 )
19º. Pastor Maldonado (Hispania-Cosworth), 1min44s768 ( 165 )
20º. Jarno Trulli (Lotus-Cosworth), 1min44s839 ( 78 )

Laps per team:

1º. Ferrari - 199
2º. Williams - 191
3º. Sauber - 172
4º. McLaren - 170
5º. Toro Rosso - 168
6º. Lotus - 166
7º. Hispania - 165
8º. Virgin - 160
9º. Mercedes - 155
10º. Red Bull - 143
11º. Renault - 130
12º. Force India - 121

Orgun

Well this is random, just found out my brother plays football with Kazuki Nakajima. Wonder if he'll have a drive next year.

Leunam

He's a lot like Vettel in the sense that he takes every opportunity he sees, but I don't think Vettel could late brake like Kobayashi could if they were in the same car. At least, I didn't really see any of that from Vettel all season.

Shaneus

Leunam said:
He's a lot like Vettel in the sense that he takes every opportunity he sees, but I don't think Vettel could late brake like Kobayashi could if they were in the same car. At least, I didn't really see any of that from Vettel all season.
Fuck, could you imagine Kobi in an RBR? That would be some amazing shit.

Orgun

Wow, what kind of dick mugs an old man AND what kind of dick carries £200,000 in jewellery in LONDON.

Also, what Psychotext said. :lol

Fixed1979

Adamm said:
They have nothing to gain from making them fall apart quickly - unless it was part of the agreement to become the new tyre supplier.

Not sure if it was written into their contact but they were requested by F1 to produce tyres that would deteriorate more quickly than the Bridgestone’s.

scarybore

Leunam said:
It does in almost every way possible.

Indeed. :lol

This is the best I could do to fit it within the size limits without it looking completely shit.

2zxo7br.gif

Also a link to the gif with the car flip included should people want it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Deathcraze said:
Indeed. :lol

This is the best I could do to fit it within the size limits without it looking completely shit.

2zxo7br.gif

Also a link to the gif with the car flip included should people want it.

Awesome, thanks!!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Heiki had a huge crash in the ROC also. He was racing Leob in the Audi R8, clipped the wall breaking the rear suspension and then the destroyed the separation barrier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0WSNhpLeXek

In the very first race of the day Kovalainen was matched against rally ace Sebastien Loeb. In his efforts to stay in touch Heikki touched the wall with his Audi R8 coming out of the final corner, and then suffered a suspension breakage as he crossed the line and headed into Turn One. He hit the blocks that mark the inside of the track, and then spun into the wall on the outside.

Heikki was briefly unconscious but after a trip to the hospital he returned to the venue a few hours later.

“The rear suspension broke when I touched the wall, and also the throttle jammed at the same time,” he told this blog.

“I actually hit the wall for quite a long way. I sort of planned it beforehand, that I can afford to bounce a little bit on the wall. So I was actually going on the power earlier than before, because I knew that it was going to be a close fight with Loeb. And it broke the rear suspension.

“When I lifted I still had full throttle, so I went on the brakes and the car turned to the left, and I was a passenger. I hit with the left rear corner, and that’s when it knocked me out. I was unconscious and a little bit dizzy.

“Half an hour after the impact I didn’t really know where I was or what was happening, but on the way to the hospital everything started to come back. It’s sort of normal. I’ve had this feeling before, when I hit the wall in Barcelona [with the McLaren in 2008], but then the blackout was longer. Now everything came back, I remember every single corner and moment before.”

It’s customary to take VIPs on passenger rides at the RoC, and by chance Hekki was accompanied on his dramatic ride by none other than his girlfriend, Catherine Hyde.

“Catherine is fine, she just has a little bit of back pain. She didn’t lose consciousness. It was quite an experience for her. The only thing that worried her was when I was sitting there unconscious!

“She’s fine, she’s cool, just a little back pain on the left. I think the belts pulled her a little bit.”

The accident did of course put an end to Heikki’s participation in the event, which he famously won back in 2004.

Twitter update:
Hospital results: injured hip, pelvis and leg muscles for me, concussion for Heikki! Both of us on bed rest for a while...

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yep, and Maldonado is in.

Williams has confirmed that GP2 champion Pastor Maldonado will be its second driver in 2011, taking the seat occupied by Nico Hulkenberg this season.

Maldonado had been extensively linked with Williams in recent months, and tested for the team during the recent rookie sessions in Abu Dhabi, where he also spent two days with Hispania. He is believed to bring significant levels of personal sponsorship to the team.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88547

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Lucius86 said:
Lets just hope another team gives him the chance - he deserves another season at the least to prove himself.

Hopefully a better team will pick him up that is not as concerned about sponsorship money. It's a shame the sport has gotten to this point.

F1 is supposed to be the worlds best drivers in the worlds best cars.

moojito

Aye, I'm quite surprised they kept Barichello, as nice as he seems, he surely can't be intending to stay on that much longer.

Dead Man

StoOgE said:
Hopefully a better team will pick him up that is not as concerned about sponsorship money. It's a shame the sport has gotten to this point.

F1 is supposed to be the worlds best drivers in the worlds best cars.
It was worse in the 80's and 90's, but it did get better for a while, now it seems it's going downhill. If you need to get a pay driver, okay, but why keep Barrichello instead of Hulk? I mean, Rubens seems a nice guy, but surely Hulk is a better long term pick, and probably cheaper.

Leunam said:
Awesome, thanks!

Black and Red McLaren next season?

https://www.mclarenshop.com/webapp/...AvqxptJJQ==&ddkey=https:SetCurrencyPreference
VMM264_large_0.jpg

mock up
mokibsoe.png

horrible news:

David Coulthard has confirmed he "had talks" with the BBC, but he is staying tight-lipped about claims that he will take over as lead F1 commentator.

The former McLaren and Red Bull driver is reportedly being lined up to take over from Jonathan Legard as the top commentator next season but the public broadcaster is refusing to comment on the speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom