• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OFFICIAL GAF ESPN NFL 2k5 Season 2 Thread: A season.. of redemption!

It's that time again friends, time to start the season anew. As per the official voting in the first league, season 2 will be EQ on :D unless the vast majority has something to say about that now... here are some other details and notes:

1. Play legit. I know me and fifty had fun placing our QB's @ MLB and so on, but lets keep it clean so as not to upset the balance of things.

2. To further expand on playing legit, no using cheesy tactics (i.e. QB rushing every play, lining up with your DE wide outside to take advantage of the non-blocking, etc)

3. Don't go for it on 4th down in the first quarter in your own territory. Doesn't matter if it's 4th and inches. If you can't get a first down in the first 3 downs, tip your hat to your opponent and punt the ball. There is plenty of game left. Now, if it's 4th and 7, and you're at your opponents 38 yard line, I have no problems going for it then. That is too close to punt, too far for a fg, so i could definently see someone taking a chance there.

4. Forefits will go to the player who made more of an effort to get the game in. If the effort was equal, it goes to coin flip.

5. Any disconnected game should be reset and replayed except in the following circumstances: (a) the LOSING team disconnects late in the 2nd half. (b) the disconnected player accepts defeat and does not want to replay

6. Team choices will work as follows:

Worst record picks first, best record picks last. Post in this thread your top 5 desired teams, and at the end of season 1 (once the games are all complete), then teams will be assigned

I'll add stuff as needed, but let me reiterate that it will be legit, no horseplay etc. If you guys TRULY don't want EQ on, just post here. It appears to me from the voting that the vast majority WANT EQ, so that is all i can go by.

Also, I'm not sure how many teams we can get in. I know some people are fed up with the game and don't want to play, but just relax and dont get so frustrated by flaws (they're in every game). So, post here if you want to play in season 2, and also post your top 5 wanted teams.

*Edit - WHOEVER WINS THE SEASON 1 SUPERBOWL MUST KEEP THEIR SAME TEAM TO DEFEND THE TITLE

---------

People Signed in so far (This is just to see how big the league will be):

1. FMT
2. MrBob
3. Matrix
4. Fifty
5. CK
6. Ramirez
7. Konex
8. bog
9. hg
10. DM

bog/dm/etc post your 5 teams cause i know you guys want to play!

Mrbob

Heh, I don't want EQ but it don't matter. Majority rules it'll be in.

So my top five teams:

1) Bears
2) Colts
3) Patriots
4) Philidelphia
5) Atlanta

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can I give the league a try again? I'm over the issues with the game and I still think its shit :p... but I'm willing to play the whole way through and not quit this season.

You have my word.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Can I give the league a try again? I'm over the issues with the game and I still think its shit :p... but I'm willing to play the whole way through and not quit this season.

You have my word.

:lol The word of a Disastros fan is worth nothing! :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
:lol The word of a Disastros fan is worth nothing! :lol

I <3 Cubs fans.

Fifty

Screw the Falcons, I don't want them. Vick and his playmaking ability is their biggest weapon, but if we're going to have the same "QBs can't scramble because that part of the game is broken" rule, I have no use for them.

Matrix

Cloudy said:
- Eagles
- Colts
- Bills
- Broncos
- Redskins

As long as you won't quit mid-season, sure :)

Trust me I wont quit.Ummm do I list 5 teams? or do I get leftovers?

Cloudy

Banned
Power teams don't give an advantage in EQ but I think I want the Colts first anyways. I'm kinda used to them from franchise...

edit: List 5 teams Matrix, you should probably pick at the same spot Koger (Texans) picks at :p

Matrix

1.Seahawks
2.Jags
3.Texans
4.Chiefs
5.Bills

Cloudy

Banned
Also, what is the qtr time situation? Looking at recent EQ league games, 6 minutes will give us crazy stats but that's just how I see it. 5 minutes seems perfect...

Who the hell is DamionKoger?

Texans in main league and Broncos in EQ league

Matrix

Mrbob

Someone who picks ahead of FMT needs to take the Bucs and no one else take the Packers, so he is forced to take the next team on his list which is Green Bay! :lol

DJ Demon J-- Sign me up please!

1. Redskins
2. Eagles
3, 4, 5 whoever

As for quarter length, 6 minutes is fine with me.

Cloudy

Banned
We have 12 right now. We'll need 4 more cos in a 12 team league, only 4 can make the playoffs. It's 8 in a 16 team league :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DJ Demon J said:
DJ Demon J-- Sign me up please!

1. Redskins
2. Eagles
3, 4, 5 whoever

As for quarter length, 6 minutes is fine with me.

No offense but are you actually going to play the whole season?

Fearing a total nerfing of the Giants, I think I'll go like this (no biggy if Fifty gets the Jets):

Jets
Giants
Seahawks
Panthers
Packers

Matrix

The Houston fan in me almost made me pick the Texans again *shudders*,I couldnt do it...so I picked the next best thing...Titans :p

Wellington said:
No offense but are you actually going to play the whole season?

Yes, I promise I'm in for all 16 games--well, the postseason too since I'm giving the virtual Skins something Joe Gibbs can't this season: rings and a trophy. :D

interesting situation will happen in season 1 league.

you have mrbob and solrak, both diehard bears fans, both with identical records right now, and both fighting for a playoff spot. so, it will be bitter-sweet for whichever GETS into the playoffs because they will most likely not be using the bears in season 2. what a bad situation to be in :D

Ramirez

Let me just warn you guys about Defensive Line play in EQ,for some reason your linemen will just let them blow right through untouched a good majority of the time,its extremely cheesy and I suggest everyone vote on the poll to ban DL play altogether,it will be a much better league.Playing as a Safety is alot funner anyways :p

Mrbob

I'm using the DLINE in EQ. There is one thing that isn't equalized in EQ:

The QBs.

I played the entire game with my safety or lineman, and while my defense did play well against the colts O (ONly gave up 17 points on defense), it was too much hassle trying to cover those receivers.

Unless I blitzed, I couldn't get pressure on Manning. And with Manning sitting back, he could pick me apart all game. Now, I didn't give up any big plays on D 'cause I played cover 2, and I made some key defensive stops, but with all that time Manning could just pick me apart slowly underneath. I need to be able to make Manning rush more passes.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Let me just warn you guys about Defensive Line play in EQ,for some reason your linemen will just let them blow right through untouched a good majority of the time,its extremely cheesy and I suggest everyone vote on the poll to ban DL play altogether,it will be a much better league.Playing as a Safety is alot funner anyways :p

I'm not going to play if we can't use the D-Line. Bullshit rules.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, to settle this there is a poll on the season 2 site. Just like everything else we've done, we'll vote on it. I think the majority will want d-line play so you personally have nothing to worry about though.

I put up the poll (I prefer to play d-line myself) because we just can't ignore those who don't want it or say they will quit with it on too. Whenever it's your turn to sign into the league, vote on what you want and if it turns out different than what you want, do what you need to do then....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shouldn't we wait to see who wins the League 1 superbowl? Says above that they have to defend the championship with the same team.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, someone could easily drop and pick another team or pick one taken by someone who finished higher than them. The thing is, it's faster to have folks signing in now so season 2 will start not too long after the first one is done...

Top Bottom