• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Gran Turismo HD Concept Thread

Methodis

Banned
Wow daddy is one really, really bad troll. Specifically his "Photo mode adds a tad bit of AA to it's perfectness". A tad bit? :lol Sir are you crazy? Photo Mode in PGR3 adds 16x AA to doctor the photos. :lol "A tad bit" :lol

Heres my favorite photo mode picture from PGR3 I took:

http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr16.jpg

Yeah it looks nice but not GTHD nice, and it requires PGR3 16xAA to even look like GTHD. Specifacally look at the floating wheel and brake. That's, that's terrible im sorry (kudo's :)lol ) to whoever gets the reference). Also PGR3's head lights where plastered on textures, which really dissapointed me and makes me look forward to the GTHD demo. If a game can't get headlights and wheels to look good, then it's trash.

Anyways, my friend has it downloading and we'll be playing :). Sadly, we're on component SDTV so :(.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Methodis said:
Anyways, my friend has it downloading and we'll be playing :). Sadly, we're on component SDTV so :(.

Personally I think it looks very nice even on my 42 inch SDTV.

Yoboman

Gold Member
daddyorchips said:
I've got no hidden agendas here. I'm just both disappointed with this demo and surprised at all the praise its graphics are getting. Looks like the thread could do with some rational comments.
:lol Anybody find this to be as funny as I did?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
daddyorchips said:
I'll have to take some in-game snaps and host them to support my comments. So far, all we've seen are replay shots, which don't get a fair impression of how the game looks when played.

Sorry we already have those in this thread. And the game still looks beautiful.

LuCkymoON

Banned
daddyorchips said:
Errr right. I've got no hidden agendas here. I'm just both disappointed with this demo and surprised at all the praise its graphics are getting. Looks like the thread could do with some rational comments (after all the gushing).
Rational coments will get you banned in these parts. =p

mckmas8808

Methodis said:
Also PGR3's head lights where plastered on textures, which really dissapointed me and makes me look forward to the GTHD demo. If a game can't get headlights and wheels to look good, then it's trash.
You're in for a treat then. Look at my picture that I took of the Integra headlight in GTHD.

8b9800eb5d.jpg

Is that what you like Methodis?

LuCkymoON said:
Rational coments will get you banned in these parts. =p

Thanks dude. I'm getting a slamming for going against the grain. Cheers folks.

About the AA comment. Sure, I agree there's extra AA in the photo mode. I even said so. I don't think I tried to downplay it even. But there's noticeably more aliasing in GT HD than there is in PGR3, and it hurts it.

The game looks nice, but not leagues ahead of anything. And the in-game shots are much less impressive than the replay ones.

That was my only point. OMG, I MUST be a fan boy!!

kevm3

Ok, you think PGR looks as good as GT. Good. Now let's move on before this thread turns into another one of those garbage 360 vs. ps3 comparison threads.

kevm3 said:
Ok, you think PGR looks as good as GT. Good. Now let's move on before this thread turns into another one of those garbage 360 vs. ps3 comparison threads.

Sorry I didn't mean to veer it in that direction. There just aren't any other popular racing simulators on the PS3 to compare it with.

morph

Banned
If this is how close to reality the game looks in game - does anyone dare imagine how good it will look photomode :D

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
morph said:
If this is how close to reality the game looks in game - does anyone dare imagine how good it will look photomode :D
Photomode is gonna be sweet. I hope they add it relatively soon. Right now the only main way to take pictures is use a digital camera. Photomode could let us download pictures to our hard drives or memory sticks, send to our buddies' via messages + post up some direct feed shots on the forums.

It's funny cause GT4 required different cars with higher detail for photomode. Photomode with GTHD/GT5 could just use the regular in-game cars and add some AA on it. :D

mckmas8808

Bad_Boy said:
Photomode is gonna be sweet. I hope they add it relatively soon. Right now the only main way to take pictures is use a digital camera. Photomode could let us download pictures to our hard drives or memory sticks, send to our buddies' via messages + post up some direct feed shots on the forums.

It's funny cause GT4 required different cars with higher detail for photomode. Photomode with GTHD/GT5 could just use the regular in-game cars and add some AA on it. :D

Yep. I need some real pictures straight from my PS3. The digital camera pictures are nice, but they look even better on my TV.

DCharlie

Banned
'Finally' seems like a strange choice of words when you think how long the PS3 has been on the market

yes, but we've seen it and what it can do since TGS at least. I know what you mean though!

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
"In gameplay, I'm running this at 1080P, and there's jaggies everywhere."

Your TV sucks or you're just trolling. AT 1080i the only noticeable jaggies are on the car's trunk area when turning.

p3tran

Banned
Methodis said:
Wow daddy is one really, really bad troll. Specifically his "Photo mode adds a tad bit of AA to it's perfectness". A tad bit? :lol Sir are you crazy? Photo Mode in PGR3 adds 16x AA to doctor the photos. :lol "A tad bit" :lol

Heres my favorite photo mode picture from PGR3 I took:

http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr16.jpg

Yeah it looks nice but not GTHD nice, and it requires PGR3 16xAA to even look like GTHD. Specifacally look at the floating wheel and brake. That's, that's terrible im sorry (kudo's :)lol ) to whoever gets the reference). Also PGR3's head lights where plastered on textures, which really dissapointed me and makes me look forward to the GTHD demo. If a game can't get headlights and wheels to look good, then it's trash.

thats the most pathetic use of photomode of PGR3 I've ever seen!!
is it really your favorite?

I mean, yes, pgr3 is out for more than a year now, but if you think that your photo demonstrates it in a good way then I'll have to laugh.

this is GTHD thread, but if you feel the need to bash PGR3, I'd gladly answer you with some proper pgr3 shots.

The graphics are AMAZING. Crisp, clean and very fast.

The gameplay, at least 5 cars in, isn't that great. I'm not sure why, but the car seems to slow down to a crawl even when I'm not hitting the brakes, especially around corners.

The sensation of speed with the external camera doesn't match the in-dash view - almost like two different cars.

Physics seem non-existant.

Jazz music between intervals sounds out of place.

EDIT: Did I mention that the graphics are incredible?

Methodis

Banned
p3tran said:
thats the most pathetic use of photomode of PGR3 I've ever seen!!
is it really your favorite?

I mean, yes, pgr3 is out for more than a year now, but if you think that your photo demonstrates it in a good way then I'll have to laugh.

this is GTHD thread, but if you feel the need to bash PGR3, I'd gladly answer you with some proper pgr3 shots.

I actually forgot to remove that part, I initially was going to post a shot of the brooklyn bridge, but wanted a shot showing the crap-tastic wheels in PGR3.

Methodis

Banned
Heres some of my photo modes. One of them got me into the finals of the competition Bizarre Creations had so :) (was the one in Las Vegas).

http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr19.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr13.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr18.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr17.jpg

EDIT: Stupid me, forgot to upload the Las Vegas pic, i'll have to up it later.

Anyways does GT have a photo mode? if so sweet, I always get the most fun out of those.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This demo makes me cry tears of joy. Just crazy. Sporsk said it best man. Just can't wait to see what the talented devs in the world do with this system as it matures.

Methodis

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
:lol GT started the photo mode craze. Have you been living under a rock boy?

My GT experience goes like this:

GT1, always thought the front cover was a badly textured mountain range, never realized it was a car :O. Played the shit out of this one with my friends, in between rounds of WWF: Warzone and NBA Live 98. What a great ****ing christmas that was.
GT2, never played
GT3, played the rain level a few times
GT4, rented never played
GT4: Online, played, but played when there was only 1 person beta testing....

So my GT experience is lack on checking out features. I'm the type of person who goes into Arcade mode and screws around.

p3tran

Banned
Methodis said:
Heres some of my photo modes. One of them got me into the finals of the competition Bizarre Creations had so :) (was the one in Las Vegas).

http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr19.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr13.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr18.jpg
http://users.adelphia.net/~tc2001/images/pgr17.jpg

EDIT: Stupid me, forgot to upload the Las Vegas pic, i'll have to up it later.

Anyways does GT have a photo mode? if so sweet, I always get the most fun out of those.

really? a finalist? I'd never guess b/c these pics are way too saturated and bright.
try to bring brightness down, contrast up, and make them look not cartoony but natural-like.

anyway, about GT demo.
judging only from pics and videos (europe says hello), I really like the car models and especially the tyre details.
Untitled-46-1.jpg

tyre details are in my opinion the best yet.

mckmas8808

Yoboman said:
Some screens, not mine though

Untitled-45-1.jpg

Untitled-53.jpg

Untitled-52-2.jpg

DAMN look at the driver!!!! In the first picture the ****er looks real. :lol

And they did a great job creating that realistic looking brick wall in the third picture.

Yoboman

Gold Member
Doom_Bringer said:
they should be just as bright and beautiful like the car models themselves! Can't wait to rub some metal in 2008
I bet. Those orgasmic fiery sparks are so exciting.:)

Zer0

Banned
antoniogaud said:
The gameplay, at least 5 cars in, isn't that great. I'm not sure why, but the car seems to slow down to a crawl even when I'm not hitting the brakes, especially around corners.

Turn OFF Stability Management and put Traction Control to 0.

Exypher

Graphics have come a long way. Seems like it was only yesterday I was playing Top Gear 3000 on my SNES and thinking how great it looked. Some of those screenshots are simply amazing.

J-Rzez

antoniogaud said:

Do you know what physics are? While you're in a corner, you're car's going to slow down because of PHYSICS... You SLOW DOWN WHEN NOT GIVING GAS... No thrust, G-forces in turn are more significant, not in a straight line equals loss of speed... it's not hard to imagine... This is real life, this is how it happens...

Or are you talking about the over-emphasis of the driving aids? Turn off the traction control and especially yaw/stability control...

I blame NFSU's, PGR, Burnout for people not understanding what real physics are anymore...

I can get in the Evo IX and it's so damn close to my VIII in real life it's scarey... I can for once actually predict what the car's going to do, and it does it with the subtle inputs... I'm so getting that Uber-wheel, no doubt...

I hope KY goes all out and hits up some lossless audio on this game as well... And I'm really surprised that the cars pretty much all sound individual now... Come on Denon, don't let me down this coming year... Gimme a great 1.3HDMI unit...

And no more PGR non-sense in here, make another thread and do that if you want to... maybe you can get some symphasisers in there... Like others said, PGR looks good in video-gamish way, this looks amazing real life wise... and PGR isn't running 1080p/60 steady...

This is the new bar to graphics right now, and it's a ****in' incomplete concept demo...

p3tran said:
really? a finalist? I'd never guess b/c these pics are way too saturated and bright.
try to bring brightness down, contrast up, and make them look not cartoony but natural-like.

anyway, about GT demo.
judging only from pics and videos (europe says hello), I really like the car models and especially the tyre details.
Untitled-46-1.jpg

tyre details are in my opinion the best yet.

Makes me wonder. Will tire wear actually be visible in GT5?

J-Rzez

ant1532 said:
What are people setting their sets to? 1080i or 720p?

Mine's at 1080i right now... it's max... I have now a reason when I'm done with my 6-months training to go out and pick up an uber-set... I hope everyone knows what's going on with SED then, so my decision will be easier...

DEO3

Are there any resolution problems (ala resistance)? Right now Gran Turismo is the only reason I'd buy a PS3, but if I'm forced to run it at 480i, then **** Sony.

Edit: n/m, it was just answered.

Top Bottom