• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GTA: Episodes/Ballad of Gay Tony Thread of Extreme Base Jumping.

randrews

Neo Member
GAY TONY SPOILERS

As I mentioned earlier, I haven't played the game, but I've acquired this from other forums. Onwards!

The game starts up with the three leaf clover cross over mission, only this time, from Luiz' POV. What happens after the robbery, I don't know.

Within the first couple of missions, there's a cross over with the Lost and the Damned. My guess is that it's the mission where Billy is arrested. No idea for sure, though.

You contact Armando for your weapons as well as parachute. You can only use one parachute at a time, and from what I understand, you lose it once you lose it.

While you're in the clubs, you can't run nor you use weapons. I guess that means that you'll be using your melee attacks to deal with rowdy folks in the club. Who knows.

The game's a lot more sexual than the others. If your dance moves are really good, you can kiss chicks and fuck them in the bathroom. I believe that they'll text you later for booty call. One of the chicks in the club will blow you if you do good in the minigames. No word if this extends to the gay club.

While you're in the club, you can drink until you puke. If Luiz drinks too much, he'll pass out and wake up in a spot that's not his apartment, asking how he got there. Sounds great.

You start off with clothes already in your wardrobe and you can purchase more outfits later on in the game.

The tank can be destroyed, but it takes a fair bit of damage.

That's all I got. If I see anymore, I'll give you all a heads up.

feel

That's gonna be tough to avoid everytime, click on the Edit/Del button below your name next to the post, and put all your spoiler text inside this

your text here[/*spoiler]

remove the *

INTERNET

SERIOUS BUSINESS
MightyHedgehog said:
The controls in GTA IV are fine...it's the palpable sense of laginess and delayed reaction inherent to having so much procedural animation/AI/physics systems that makes it feel looser and less controllable even if it looks more realistic. TLaD cleaned it up a bit and it felt a bit snappier, IMO, with the shortened anims and seemingly more interruptible common action ones. Hopefully, there's a similar amount of tweaking in TBoGT.
Too true. After I dragged myself to the end of IV, I popped in Vice City just to compare. In the time it takes Nico to reach for the door handle, Tommy's already in the car doin a sweet ass burnout and is up to top speed by the time Nico start ponderously accelerating. It felt really, really good after IV.

FrankT

Final IGN preview before the review goes up tomorrow;

GTA Episodes: Multiplayer Hands-On
It's an online dust-up.

October 27, 2009 - The Ballad of Gay Tony, the final piece of the GTA IV puzzle, hits Xbox Live Marketplace on October 29 with some updates to the multiplayer. While no new modes are being offered, new weapons and vehicles are making it in. Having spent some time online with the update, I can assure you that it does make a difference.

The weapons in The Ballad of Gay Tony are generally more powerful than what you had in GTA IV or The Lost and Damned. Everything from the .44 Pistol on up to the Advanced Sniper Rifle will kill enemies faster. Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch are even crazier than before. Grab a shotgun with explosive rounds and you can eliminate the competition in a few seconds. It's frenetic.

The biggest change, though, comes to Race and GTA Race. If you haven't played GTA IV multiplayer before or in a long time, Race is your standard lap challenge against other drivers. No weapons, just driving. GTA Race is an anything goes battle with weapons and the ability to get out of your car. In either version, the cars are equipped with nitrous. A boost blurs the screen and launches your car forward at incredible speeds. It's tough to control, but makes for some amazing jumps.

In GTA Race, you also get the bonus of Stick Bombs. Drop these out your car and detonate them manually. This way, even if there's no one directly behind you, you can still lay out an attack to delay anyone who follows in your wake. You can drop several bombs, meaning you can lay a trail. This is a great tactic to attempt to reclaim the lead. You can watch the radar and see when cars that are ahead of you are making a second lap around where you placed the bombs. Detonate and you might get lucky enough to take someone out. Oh, and you can use the APC NOOSE tank in GTA Race if you just want a slugfest.

The real fun comes with Free Mode. Get into any chopper or get to any base jumping location and you are given a parachute. You can set up your own parachute races, do a coordinated skydive, or see who can glide the longest. It's too bad Rockstar didn't make a specific mode or rule set that incorporated parachuting as it would have been a very welcome addition.

The Ballad of Gay Tony's multiplayer is a slim and trim version of what was offered in GTA IV, but parachutes and new weapons make for a good time. There are a few scoring and gameplay tweaks (kill streak bonuses!), but not too much has changed. It's the same solid multiplayer offering with a lemon twist.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/103/1039713p1.html

MMaRsu

Banned
FafaFooey said:
No one playing this yet? The episodes DVD was already for sale over here yesterday (Holland, Europe).

It's already on sale? Damn man.. It's stupid that the download isn't up yet :p.

Oh well, tomorrow I'll be playing this after work :).

Wizman23

Banned
So what made Lost and the Damned so good compared to GTA 4 and why should we expect the same greatness with this expansion? I got bored with GTA 4 and stopped playing right at the end of the game and never had the desire to go back.

EzLink

Banned
Wizman23 said:
So what made Lost and the Damned so good compared to GTA 4 and why should we expect the same greatness with this expansion? I got bored with GTA 4 and stopped playing right at the end of the game and never had the desire to go back.

TLAD had much better pacing, more interesting missions, and checkpoints. I loved GTA 4, but I thought TLAD was a huge improvement, and Gay Tony looks to be even better (ability to replay missions, base jumping, etc.)

joelseph

Woah, I had no idea the electronica radio station features Crookers, Nic Sarano and Major Lazer! I must have this game.

FrankT

Meet: Luis Lopez vid;

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/2009/10/28/1791/meet_luis_lopez

:D

Things weren’t always so good for Luis Lopez. Growing up with a strict single mother in the tough neighborhood of Northwood Heights, he managed to get himself into a lot of trouble at an early age. It wasn’t until he was 25, after serving some time and taking part in a criminal outreach program, that he met Tony Prince, the man who changed everything. Having worked his way up from doorman, the Dominican playboy now acts as personal bodyguard, confidant and friend to Tony, Liberty City’s most successful - and delusional, neurotic and drink and drug addled - nightlife impresario. Although Tony is a Liberty City legend, he is also over his head in debt to gangsters and back on a path to self-destruction, Luis now has a fulltime job just trying to keep his boss, and the clubs he owns afloat.

Luis helps to run Tony’s two current nightclubs, Maisonette 9 and Hercules, but even though he moves in different circles now, he still tries to remain close to his roots, helping his mother when he can and staying tight with his best friends from the old neighborhood, Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas. Luis is doggedly loyal to his two buddies, and once took the fall for Armando after a deal went wrong when they were teenagers. Getting caught was both the motivation and means by which Luis moved on from that street life. The same cannot be said for Henrique and Armando, who are still found hustling on the same street corners. They have seen Luis move up the food chain and want his help to do the same.

Luis has two siblings who both moved away from Liberty City, so his mother lives all alone. Luis feels responsible, but no matter what he tries to do for her, nothing ever seems to be good enough. His siblings both went to college and got respectable jobs. It’s a constant struggle to balance the needs of friends and family, all the while looking out for Tony and his business interests in a town where everybody wants their piece of the action, and will stop at nothing to get it.

FrankT

DevelopmentArrested said:
It's Hilary Goldstein.

You don't say.

ThePeacemaker02 said:

Very nice scores from all three outlets I see. Cannot wait.

newsguy said:

Totally missed this. Says more than any review can. The base jumping in that video is so good.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dancing-gameplay-gta-iv/58252

Dancing gameplay. :lol

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
damn, bestbuy sent an email today saying in-store pickup will be ready tomorrow :(

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Awesome, I shall pick it up on my way home tomorrow.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
So according the manual that's in GTA: Episodes, there's a teaser (sort of) of the next GTA?

Says something like "Liberty City: It's Over! Next Stop, Seagull."

FrankT

Domino Theory said:
So according the manual that's in GTA: Episodes, there's a teaser (sort of) of the next GTA?

Well now, that is interesting.

And here it is...

ADbFj.jpg

Don

Domino Theory said:

Vice City?

I would love to see a re-imagined Vice City with the same kind of cross over storyline DLC that they have done with GTA4.

MMaRsu

Banned
Don said:
Vice City?

I would love to see a re-imagined Vice City with the same kind of cross over storyline DLC that they have done with GTA4.

Damn Vice City again? Let them come up with some new fucking shit man..

MMaRsu said:
Damn Vice City again? Let them come up with some new fucking shit man..

Seriously. I'll still buy it because Rockstar makes high quality games, but damn man, let's get a new city/state into the GTA universe. How are we ever going to get some snow if they keep repeating the same cities? I hope it isn't Vice City again.

Top Bottom