• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

Banned
Wait a minute, I know this is crazy (but in this thread, right?) but they're at an event, playing a demo, right? What if we get this demo on the PSN tomorrow? SICK!

GreekWolf

MassiveAttack said:
Interesting. I was thinking the exact opposite.
I'm not sure why you would feel that way. The campaign mode looks barely a notch above the multiplayer beta.

It certainly looks nice and will undoubtedly be a great game, but I don't see anything there that looks too difficult for Guerilla to match. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

0691913844_cocaine_drink_300.jpg

nicholasphan said:
has anyone else considered that maybe Killzone looks so crappy compared to the other amazing sony first-party efforts, that they decided to show it in a small event outside the conference, just so that it doesn't stink the conference up?

i mean its pre-pre-alpha. remember motorstorm and resistance and how much they improved? i think the same can be said for lair and heavenly sword too, recently looking much improved.

SCATTER!!! GRENADE!!!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
nicholasphan said:
has anyone else considered that maybe Killzone looks so crappy compared to the other amazing sony first-party efforts, that they decided to show it in a small event outside the conference, just so that it doesn't stink the conference up?

i mean its pre-pre-alpha. remember motorstorm and resistance and how much they improved? i think the same can be said for lair and heavenly sword too, recently looking much improved.

Why show it at all instead of dedicating a whole private 2-hr party?

Mau ®

nicholasphan said:

If it looked crappy they wouldnt show it at all. This is Killzone we are talking about, Sony cant afford to do even one crappy showing of the game.

shagg_187 said:
I think its a 3 hr show cause all the 150 people invited will get a chance to demo it during that hour or so...

Damnit shoe! Judge it well and judge it fair!

it IS still 150 people right? i remember there was some hooohaaa about it maybe being only 40 people, but i think that was clarified to mean 40 invites from SCEE.

anyway, i also remember hearing that it won't be in playable form? which would make sense since its pre-pre-alpha and probably not that polished gameplay wise

nicholasphan said:

You do not send special invites and plan something right after your competitor when you want to bury it or hide it...

Sho Nuff

Banned
There HAS to be media. The only reason they wouldn't show any would be if they were ashamed of it or something.

Waiting madly for screenshots in T MINUS 20

nicholasphan said:
it IS still 150 people right? i remember there was some hooohaaa about it maybe being only 40 people, but i think that was clarified to mean 40 invites from SCEE.

anyway, i also remember hearing that it won't be in playable form? which would make sense since its pre-pre-alpha and probably not that polished gameplay wise

It is in playable form. 1Up staff confirmed that "Shoe" will play the demo.

Elios83

Look at the lovely comments Harrison made after the Killzone event:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26600

High bar set at E3 2005 "was not accidental", and Sony aims to clear it

Phil Harrison has told GamesIndustry.biz that Sony intended to set expectations incredibly high with its controversial E3 2005 trailer for Killzone 2 - and plans to exceed them with the finished product.

"It's a very important game because the anticipation was set so high, which we were conscious of - it was not accidental," Harrison told gi.biz following a presentation of the game in Santa Monica.

"It was important to demonstrate clearly that we have a real-time playable game that exceeds the expectations that we set for it."

Harrison said that Killzone 2 conveyed "the technical capability of the platform and the creative capability of the platform", and paid tribute to developer Guerrilla Games' "incredible skill and talent".

Killzone 2 would, he said, "deliver their original vision" when it launched exclusively on PlayStation 3. "For many reasons, it's an important product for us," he concluded.

The game, whose first in-game screenshot generated enormous interest when it was unveiled today, casts the player into a non-stop war against the semi-human Helghast, with Guerrilla telling journalists that the demo shown on Tuesday evening drew upon virtually all of the PS3's many important capabilities - including Blu-ray discs, which it said were necessary for the game to offer visual detail in depth.

OokieSpookie said:
You do not send special invites and plan something right after your competitor when you want to bury it or hide it...

i guess you're right.. phew calm down calm down me..

anyway everyone i was just thinking.

Imagine Resistance. Resistance, a launch game, with 30FPS locked and nary a hitch in frame-rate.

Now imagine what's possible with KZ2 or Resistance 2!

Wollan

Eurogamer as well will have impressions. Actually I believe pretty much everyone will have it. Kotaku & PS3Fanboy as well.

careksims

I hope we dont wait like 20-30 minutes after it's done. I wonder if the moment 1am strikes they all hit the upload information button.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I have a feeling to scope out gametrailers.

GDC right before Sony came on they had all the trailers for LBP and Home AS SOON as the embargo lifted.

*twiddles non-existant moustache*

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
careksims said:
I hope we dont wait like 20-30 minutes after it's done. I wonder if the moment 1am strikes they all hit the upload information button.
And cause the rapture of teh internets :lol

seanoff

In my 9 (nine) years at GAF/NeoGAF this just about takes the cake as a thread that will lead to the biggest let down.

It is also possibly the most hype I've seen for any single game.

I hope for your sakes it looks stunning and plays magnificently.

Otherwise megaton.gif

Wollan

Elios83 said:
Look at the lovely comments Harrison made after the Killzone event:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26600

High bar set at E3 2005 "was not accidental", and Sony aims to clear it

Phil Harrison has told GamesIndustry.biz that Sony intended to set expectations incredibly high with its controversial E3 2005 trailer for Killzone 2 - and plans to exceed them with the finished product.

"It's a very important game because the anticipation was set so high, which we were conscious of - it was not accidental," Harrison told gi.biz following a presentation of the game in Santa Monica.

"It was important to demonstrate clearly that we have a real-time playable game that exceeds the expectations that we set for it."

Harrison said that Killzone 2 conveyed "the technical capability of the platform and the creative capability of the platform", and paid tribute to developer Guerrilla Games' "incredible skill and talent".

Killzone 2 would, he said, "deliver their original vision" when it launched exclusively on PlayStation 3. "For many reasons, it's an important product for us," he concluded.

The game, whose first in-game screenshot generated enormous interest when it was unveiled today, casts the player into a non-stop war against the semi-human Helghast, with Guerrilla telling journalists that the demo shown on Tuesday evening drew upon virtually all of the PS3's many important capabilities - including Blu-ray discs, which it said were necessary for the game to offer visual detail in depth.

Hype rising.

calder

I can't believe you jerks made me get up again, I have to be at work in like 6 hours! :lol

Was about to fall asleep watching a movie and made the huge mistake of hitting the PS3 browser. Then compounded the mistake by clicking on this thread.

seanoff said:
In my 9 (nine) years at GAF/NeoGAF this just about takes the cake as a thread that will lead to the biggest let down.

It is also possibly the most hype I've seen for any single game.

I hope for your sakes it looks stunning and plays magnificently.

Otherwise megaton.gif
Eh, to my eyes this thread and all the Killzone stuff the past few months has been 50% actual (over) hype, 10% subtle trolling by raising unrelastic expectations and 40% joking and comedic exaggeration. There has definitely been much, much more massive overhype/comedown threads. Shit, the original megaton thread, Drinky's Thursdayton and half of all the E3 conference threads we've ever been through have had much more legitimate let down potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom