• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slavik81

Dante said:
crossed a few peoples minds :)
Why would they put it right after the Microsoft press conference if they know it will be underwhelming? I think it'll be surprisingly good, but not nearly as good as the E3 '05 trailer.

traveler

Not Wario
Karma Kramer said:
Lets hope this impresses otherwise E3 officially sucks this year.

Why do you say that? Sure, MS press conf. was hardly exciting, but Sony and Nintendo still have a chance to impress and a new MGS4 trailer still awaits.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
There's no way it's "just impressions" guys. They had a freaking exclusive 2 hour event with game journalists. Even *if* they said they couldn't take pictures or video, it *would* get taken. It's just inconcievable that we won't get media!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I come in peace. I am also excited about KZ2, and I want it to be everything the trailer showed and more. I have work tomorrow morning, so this better be good. Halo 3 delivered, I am pretty sure KZ2 will do the same.

{Mike}

Banned
We are about to live a big chapter of the videogaming industry in less than 15 minutes. For Sony, I'd say it means everything.

Raistlin

My guess ... Game effectively looks like the trailer, aside from animation.

Since it isn't coming out to '08, imagine if ND shares their Uncharted animation tech :p

xaosslug

Elios83 said:
Look at the lovely comments Harrison made after the Killzone event:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=26600

High bar set at E3 2005 "was not accidental", and Sony aims to clear it

Phil Harrison has told GamesIndustry.biz that Sony intended to set expectations incredibly high with its controversial E3 2005 trailer for Killzone 2 - and plans to exceed them with the finished product.

"It's a very important game because the anticipation was set so high, which we were conscious of - it was not accidental," Harrison told gi.biz following a presentation of the game in Santa Monica.

"It was important to demonstrate clearly that we have a real-time playable game that exceeds the expectations that we set for it."

Harrison said that Killzone 2 conveyed "the technical capability of the platform and the creative capability of the platform", and paid tribute to developer Guerrilla Games' "incredible skill and talent".

Killzone 2 would, he said, "deliver their original vision" when it launched exclusively on PlayStation 3. "For many reasons, it's an important product for us," he concluded.

The game, whose first in-game screenshot generated enormous interest when it was unveiled today, casts the player into a non-stop war against the semi-human Helghast, with Guerrilla telling journalists that the demo shown on Tuesday evening drew upon virtually all of the PS3's many important capabilities - including Blu-ray discs, which it said were necessary for the game to offer visual detail in depth.

um... wow. GAFsplode.gif

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
untitled--1.gif

I was going to bed 2 hours ago, but here I am, ,waiting to be dissapointed or hyped beyond belief. Who will be the first to praise it to high water? To bash it?

calder said:
I can't believe you jerks made me get up again, I have to be at work in like 6 hours! :lol

Was about to fall asleep watching a movie and made the huge mistake of hitting the PS3 browser. Then compounded the mistake by clicking on this thread.

The beauty of PS3.... watch movie, and then hit the web browser to see GAF. Suddenly PS Store has the trailer and you run and download.... :p

10 MINUTES!!!

GAF BETTER NOT CRASH!!!!

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I hope it's not a dark omen that the The Virgin Suicides Soundtrack just popped up as the album of the day on my mp3 player.

Raistlin

{Mike} said:
We are about to live a big chapter of the videogaming industry in less than 15 minutes. For Sony, I'd say it means everything.

To us? Maybe.

To the rest of the gaming communitee? lol no.

traveler said:
Why do you say that? Sure, MS press conf. was hardly exciting, but Sony and Nintendo still have a chance to impress and a new MGS4 trailer still awaits.

Yes but the two things I was/am most excited about are Halo 3 and Killzone 2.

Halo 3 was kinda dissapointing (no live demo)... and if Killzone 2 dissapoints... then um... I will be kinda upset.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
If the replies keep going at this rate the thread will have more posts in it than the MS Conference thread BEFORE ANY MEDIA IS SHOWN. MY GOD.

Raistlin

jesus ... I finally got my copy of Mazzy Star - Among My Swan ...

... and I cannot stop listening to it. I've listented to it 4 times in a row posting here.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Onix said:
My guess ... Game effectively looks like the trailer, aside from animation.

Since it isn't coming out to '08, imagine if ND shares their Uncharted animation tech :p
My guess is actually the exact opposite, I expect the graphics to be rougher than what was in the trailer but with really good animation

You're going down, pretty boy

traveler

Not Wario
{Mike} said:

What the hell? Anticipation is fine, and I'm right here with you waiting, but saying Killzone 2's unveil is a "big chapter of the videogaming industry" is like saying the unveil of a hypothetical Brute Force 2 is a momentous occurence. It's quite a bit overboard. :lol

Raistlin

kenta said:
My guess is actually the exact opposite, I expect the graphics to be rougher than what was in the trailer but with really good animation

You're going down, pretty boy

You're right that it will probably be rough.

I'm expecting the lighting to be OMGWTFBBQ though :p

If KZ2 delivers on the hype then I'm treating myself to a sausage-egg biscuit with hashbrowns damnit!!! It will make my inevitable groggy work day worth it!

If not, then **** it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom