• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Killzone 2 (PS3) Reveal Thread E307 - DELIVERS! (All info in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
1UP doesn't have the hard on like IGN does.
Matt Leone said:
What we like: The presentation and attention to detail are key. The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally, but it looks close to as good as any other console shooter.

What we dislike
: There doesn't seem to be much big picture stuff in here we haven't seen yet in other games. This likely has more to do with Sony being very secretive about the features at the moment than a lack of innovation in the game, given its importance to Sony and the company's hints at online features, but at this point it's hard to pick out one or two big things that will help separate the gameplay from what we've seen in other war shooters.

Yoboman

Gold Member
killzone-2-20070711010756169.jpg

killzone-2-20070711010757606.jpg

WOW

OMG@the impressions!!! This was worth waiting up for, I can't believe I'm this excited for a game!!!! The crazy hype train was loads of fun, and to hear that the journos were impressed by KZ2 makes it even more worthwhile! AWESOME!!!!!!

Foil

Things sound great so far. I only wish we could get a demo. Another thing, is that I wish they wouldn't be wearing helmets like in the E32005 trailer. It had a nice style.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
"When are we finally going to see some in-game footage?" The only thing was that we had been looking at in-game footage. As soon as our soldier hits the ground and his gun comes into view, very much like what we saw with the opening to Resistance, we couldn't help but think, "Holy hell, all of that was in-game?"

****in awesome, can't wait to see it

Sypher

Banned
What we like: The presentation and attention to detail are key. The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally, but it looks close to as good as any other console shooter.

Are you f****** kidding me with this?

Speevy

Banned
It doesn't look near as good as the CG trailer, but it looks a hell of a lot better than other console FPS games, that's for sure.

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
"What we like: The presentation and attention to detail are key. The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally, but it looks close to as good as any other console shooter."

From the 1up preview.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
1UP conclusions

1UP said:

What we dislike: There doesn't seem to be much big picture stuff in here we haven't seen yet in other games. This likely has more to do with Sony being very secretive about the features at the moment than a lack of innovation in the game, given its importance to Sony and the company's hints at online features, but at this point it's hard to pick out one or two big things that will help separate the gameplay from what we've seen in other war shooters.

From the screenshots, it looks very nice, but not mindblowing. Perhaps it is more impressive in motion. I'd say 1up is closer to the mark than IGN, as usual.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Speevy said:
It doesn't look near as good as the CG trailer, but it looks a hell of a lot better than other console FPS games, that's for sure.

did you see it or are you just going by screens?

The Chef

"If you would like a number to go with that, try 2GB. That's how big the single level was on disc, to which the Guerilla rep noted that the game's level of detail would not have been possible without Blu-ray."

Oh my god!!!

"Head to the PlayStation Network at 3pm PST on Wednesday and you'll find a brand-spanking-new trailer waiting there for you."

OH DAMN!

Ploid 3.0

I can now wear this avatar with pride. Until I get Lair + Killzone2 in my PS3 I shall keep this. I can sleep happy. Good game guys. We're going home. The fight vs the original CG was a good one but it was a close and nearly equal fight. Next up is what the total package will be like. We can expect that to come through also. They should have a lot of room for ai and physics. Can't wait for more info.

puebla

1up:

The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally, but it looks close to as good as any other console shooter. We'd say that currently Gears of War tops it, and a few other titles are on the same visual level, but the game looks extremely nice.
oh boy, this is going to be fun. we need video

Spoo

:) This completely blows away my expectations and has replaced them with a lust I've rarely encountered for a digital product.

The fact that it's so close to the CG trailer is astonishing, and I'm glad this has finally validated a lot of the hype us "Killzone hardcores" have been pushing. I'm proud to wear the avatar :D

tombur

Looks real nice, but it just looks like your bog standard fps with a shit load of effects added ontop - but I will admit it looks very nice (something those f**king halo trolls will never manage to do).

Catchpenny said:
From the screenshots, it looks very nice, but not mindblowing. Perhaps it is more impressive in motion. I'd say 1up is closer to the mark than IGN, as usual.

Pretty much. I would like to see this in motion.

"The game doesn't look as good as the 2005 trailer, naturally, but it looks close to as good as any other console shooter." - 1UP

Close to as good as? What console shooter compares to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom