• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Okay, ridiculous. RIIIIIDICULOUS.

Disk is PERFECT. Every other game works. Piece of shit. I'm throwing it out the ****ing window.

Edit: Yep, playing Viva Pinata now and Oblivion booted fine. It's this disk. This week old disk I played for 3 hours. This is the first game related error I've ever had.

Didn't someone else in this thread post about 3 DDEs? And I've been googling and it seems LP has Disk Errors pretty commonly.

this is unacceptable

This is a very common issue with the 360. I've never had an optical disk based system report as many errors as it does.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Mission 7 of Lost Planet > All my other Xbox 360 experiences to date.
It just needed sayin' again how awesome this game is.

Say, hows the new maps? worth it?

I did a little internet searching about the problem and somehow with the latest patch its made how sensative your NAT settings become when finding other xboxes online. For example a moderate set NAT cannot play a strict NAT box, but can play moderate and open gamers.

Most of the time you can edit the NAT via your router. If you are streaming the pc from your computer I have no idea (my problem right now) but sometimes your ISP can have itself setup so you are always no greater then moderate.

To note this was all 100% fine untill the latest lost planet patch, and I cannot change my moderate settings here at university so i'm pretty much screwed, only about 1 in 5 games I try will let me play and there never full filled rooms.

*edit* capcom have said nothing since the patch release a few days back so who knows whats happerning.

this was all 100% fine untill the latest lost planet patch, and I cannot change my moderate settings here at university so i'm pretty much screwed, only about 1 in 5 games I try will let me play and there never full filled rooms.

Diablohead, this is from the site I posted above....

"Apparently the above fix works for some people and not others. Another thing that people have noted and mentioned is that they can get into and play matches if they join hosts with 5 or less players in the lobby when they join. If there are more players in the lobby than that, they usually get disconnected. So if all else fails, try to join matches where there are only a few players in the lobby. Hopefully that will work and get you through the weekend. We will be monitoring this issue over the weekend, and hopefully the dev team in Japan will have a better idea about what is going on by next week. Thanks for continuing to bear with us"

Saint Francis said:
Diablohead, this is from the site I posted above....

"Apparently the above fix works for some people and not others. Another thing that people have noted and mentioned is that they can get into and play matches if they join hosts with 5 or less players in the lobby when they join. If there are more players in the lobby than that, they usually get disconnected. So if all else fails, try to join matches where there are only a few players in the lobby. Hopefully that will work and get you through the weekend. We will be monitoring this issue over the weekend, and hopefully the dev team in Japan will have a better idea about what is going on by next week. Thanks for continuing to bear with us"
Oh excellent, guess the only drawback is waiting for a lobby to fill up before the host launches. 5 on 5 island 902 is ok but not all the time :(

WHY DO I GET PUT ON THE TEAM WITH THE WORST PLAYERS EVERY SINGLE TIME?!?!?!

It never fails.........my team always sucks. Always. I'm right at level 37 and I swear it has taken twice as long to get to that point than it should have.

b33f

DaCocoBrova said:
Better than Gears in what way? Not in the music, controls or graphics dept. That's for certain. What else is left?

Totally agree! Gears of war is way much better than Lost Planet. :)

Uncle AJ

Diablohead said:
To note this was all 100% fine untill the latest lost planet patch, and I cannot change my moderate settings here at university so i'm pretty much screwed, only about 1 in 5 games I try will let me play and there never full filled rooms.

Wow - exact same situation here, university connection and all.

... Are you me?

Bebpo

Banned
So I bought the two maps and tried multiplayer for the first time in LP over a few matches.

Fun!

Wasn't too big on the deathmatch stuff, but the team based control-the-nodes mode was really enjoyable. Game feels a little slow compared to other multiplayer games (feels slower than 1p mode, though I think that might just be because the 1p enemies are a lot faster), but it's pretty enjoyable. Visually it looks even better than the single player at times with 16 people running around and weapons blasting left/right, mechs flying around all at once.

Pretty hard though for a newcomber. Most of the matches I had zero or one/two kills and a bunch of deaths.

Oh I got some sort of medal on the last match I played but I don't know why or how I got it. I don't see anywhere under records that explains what it was for. How do you figure this out. It's green/blue and looks like an "I".

Yeah I am also a big fan of the post grab matches. It really turns into team work at that point. I love being the guy who just tries to stall the entire team while everyone else works on posts.

And I think my new favorite level is Island 902. It is just so big, and there are tons of nooks and hiding spots throughout the entire place. I loved the fact that you could actually drop down inside the submarine.

Quazar

Just beat it. Very fun game, need to go back and kill moth/worm. At the time I thought they couldn't be killed and thought they would be boss at end of their levels. I enjoyed this just as much as Gears personally. My main gripe is that it was to short, and was hoping for a steller story.(Atleast it had one though) Alot of WOW moments in the game that not even Gears can deliver. I would play online but, RB6 has that spot. :D Overall A+ Any shooter/Capcom fan should play this. Cant wait for a sequel. :)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Just bought this today even though I wasn't overly imopressed with the demo yet surprisingly I'm enjoying it for the most part so far. Just finished Level 3. I tried for ages to kill that worm but he kept coming back. Must've tried for about 1 1/2hrs then gave up and made my way across the map. Surprised to see that when I finished the level I had actually killed the worm. God knows how many I killed then lol. I know the music stopped a few times an a regenerated one came up.

As for the problems people have been mentioning sinc ethe patch, well mine patched today obviously as it's a new game, but I haven't had any problems connecting to servers so far.

Bodom78

McDragon said:
Target Markers location, scanned from official Brady strategy guide...

anyone interested in fixing/joining the pictures together?

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/552243/Lost_Planet_Target_Markers.rar

Cheers.

Personally I found that GOW was better for single player and LP is better for multiplayer despite it's problems with lag and disconnections.

I have never played a Multiplayer game as much as LP, Rocket Launcher matches are a BLAST!

Online lobby bug is realy getting to me now, sometimes I get 4-5 in a row and get pissed off at it and just turn it off. Damn it capcom I know you are new to online multiplayer coding but the game never had this problem before the patch, I brought your new maps too :(

I tried the redownloading patch method but it did not change the problem at all.

Diablohead said:
Online lobby bug is realy getting to me now, sometimes I get 4-5 in a row and get pissed off at it and just turn it off. Damn it capcom I know you are new to online multiplayer coding but the game never had this problem before the patch, I brought your new maps too :(

I tried the redownloading patch method but it did not change the problem at all.
I can't get into any games either. I am pretty sure that Capcom is aware of the situation, and they are fixing it thoug. It is still pretty annoying.

Holy CRAP, Level 10 was hard. I thought I'd won after I beat this tentacle-thing. But then, no "saving game" and it goes on. :D

I accidently skipped a movie-sequence: Can I watch them again somewhere in the game?

MCD

Klaxon said:
Holy CRAP, Level 10 was hard. I thought I'd won after I beat this tentacle-thing. But then, no "saving game" and it goes on. :D

I accidently skipped a movie-sequence: Can I watch them again somewhere in the game?

No.

:(

And again: Disc error..

I beat the storymode and wanted to play online, so everyone was ready, it loaded the level and bang "Your disc can't be read".

This is my goddamn third copy! FIX THIS SHITTY BUG!!!

Nemesis_

I just completed VOLCANO, thinking I got all the target markers and I missed out on the fecking O. I hate this game.

Not really though, I'll come back to it in about an hour and play again. I'm loving this game again and again! I sorta stopped playing it for a while with Crackdown and all but this game is so goddamn fun, I'm regretting putting it down in the first place.

JB1981

I committed to myself to finally finishing this game today and I cannot beat the last boss (Isenberg).

First, the flying Mech controls are retarded. Why can't I use the left analog stick to go up and down? Why in the hell am I forced to use Y and A? Anyway, the last boss is kicking my ass. I know exactly what to use to beat him - those damn blade swipes but after about 30 tries, I just can't kill the ****er.

I actually drained his entire health bar but the game didn't give me the win. WTF?

Is there something I'm missing here? A pattern I haven't picked up on. Something?

I know to avoid his heat-seeking missiles and I try to avoid the purple laser beams, but they still kill me. Give me some hope, GAF.

Llyranor

Now that a few months have passed and the honeymoon is over, would people still recommend this game? Taking into account that I don't currently have much interest in the mp, and I love mechs.

Cruceh

Banned
I'm not really a big fan of the mechs. Most probably because I suck at it. I've finished four missions so far and 3/4 of them i ended up killing the boss on my feet than with a mech, due to the fact that all the mechs i went in got destroyed before i brought boss down to half life. :(

pj

Banned
JB1981 said:
I actually drained his entire health bar but the game didn't give me the win. WTF?

Your last hit needs to be melee

I know to avoid his heat-seeking missiles and I try to avoid the purple laser beams, but they still kill me. Give me some hope, GAF.

Attack up close using the blade attacks until the second laser thing appears, then run the hell away and use ranged attacks until he's almost done, then finish him off with a blade attack

JdFoX187

Banned
JB1981 said:
I committed to myself to finally finishing this game today and I cannot beat the last boss (Isenberg).

First, the flying Mech controls are retarded. Why can't I use the left analog stick to go up and down? Why in the hell am I forced to use Y and A? Anyway, the last boss is kicking my ass. I know exactly what to use to beat him - those damn blade swipes but after about 30 tries, I just can't kill the ****er.

Is there something I'm missing here? A pattern I haven't picked up on. Something?

It was a pain in the ass for me too. Took me about a day to finally beat him, playing off and on.

Has anybody seen the new pics/vids for the new maps that are coming out at the end of this week?

JB1981

I finally beat that ****er!!!!!

Yes! Pretty terrible ending. And a pretty impenetrable/incomprehensible story too. I do find myself wanting to go back and play certain sections of the game, though. I find myself equally frustrated and wowed by this game.

7/10.

Icarus

Llyranor said:
Now that a few months have passed and the honeymoon is over, would people still recommend this game? Taking into account that I don't currently have much interest in the mp, and I love mechs.

The game is still fantastic, even single player.

That said, the best part is still the multiplayer.

Llyranor

Hmm, I could grab the game for 45$ CDN this weekend from Best Buy's online sale. I'm still pondering whether it'd be worth it. Maybe I'll play some of the mp demo some more (it's been a while) and see if that convinces me.

svenuce

Llyranor said:
Hmm, I could grab the game for 45$ CDN this weekend from Best Buy's online sale. I'm still pondering whether it'd be worth it. Maybe I'll play some of the mp demo some more (it's been a while) and see if that convinces me.

Give it a whirl. New maps go up soon so there should be a ton of people playing.

jet1911

Llyranor said:

It's really worth it at this price.

Llyranor

The new maps cost something, don't they?

Anyway, I've quickly skimmed through the thread. The complaints do seem to be a bit on the nitpick side, though it's hard to say when I haven't played through the game. The sp demo didn't wow me, but it was entertaining enough. The mp demo was pretty enjoyable, but I'm less of a PvP player and more of a coop one. I would have been sold on day1 if the game had splitscreen coop, which is a shame.

As I was saying, reading through the thread, it seems as though people are fairly in agreement that Extreme difficulty is all kinds of awesome, and that the boss fights are quite fun. I'm all for cool boss fights, so I might bite, especially since the complaints don't seem to be that big of a deal to me. Hmm.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Llyranor said:

It's definetely worth it...

Visuals and explosions are out of this world, single player is loads of fun, the mechs in this game are better than games dedicated to mechs, multiplayer is excellent, especially since you'd think it was just a tacked-on thing by Capcom, the online community is still pretty big to this date with updates, maps, and new maps are coming again this month as well...

You'd be missing out on alot if you didn't get it - if Halo 3 and possibly Ninja Gaiden 2 wasn't already coming out in 2007, I'd have already crowned it my GOTY 2007, especially for the challenge of Extreme Mode if you're into tough games like myself...

Just finished the single player yesterday. But for the last 2 months or so I've been seriously loving the multi-player, mostly post grabs.

A group of about a dozen of us play pretty regularly. Island 902 and rocket launcher are the big favorite, but we always mix it up. I had NEVER played any on line MP game before this, and this game got me hooked, soon I'll be checking out GoW's multi-player,
having completed the single player I'm guessing it'll be more stop n' pop/squad tactics style. anyone have some comments about how it compares/contrasts to Lost Planet, gameplay-wise?

Llyranor

Hmm, playing through the mp demo again reminded me why I don't actually play mp anymore nowadays. I don't need to hear 10-yr olds whining throughout the whole session.

yup, got em a few hours ago. Trial point is an office complex, laid out in a sort of dumbell shape-2 buildings connected by to corridors. there's a small open area on top,still under construction. just played some post grabs there. pretty fun.

The Hive is really fun, set along a mountain's top and sides.lots of outdoor spots with waterfalls, a labyrinthian interior maze of mines, and lots of fun verticals to scale/drop down.

Being at home i'm stuck on a non live friendly router with my parents pc on the network so I not had a chance yet, hopefully tomorrow I can remove the router for a few hours and play them. :D

MCD

Is it me or are Lost Planet and Gears of War multiplayer maps are more beautiful than the actual game (single player/campaign mode) ?

McDragon said:
Is it me or are Lost Planet and Gears of War multiplayer maps are more beautiful than the actual game (single player/campaign mode) ?
I would say lost planet online is what makes the game shine for a worthy 9/10, the offline is just there for eyecandy and balls to the walls action, though short.

Gears, eh, single player is pretty much great with co op but the deathmatch is not missed at all, helps pad out the game when host lag doesn't effect the game much.

Last night I dedicated about 2 hours to my xbox online for lost planet's new map pack (untill I was forced to setup the xbox uncompatable router again by my father) but for what I played the new maps are pretty challenging compared to map pack 1.

I forgot the names already, but the hive level is damn massive! In my first poll grab match I was inside about 90% of the game and still could not work my way around the tunnels correctly, in the second game I spawned outside and from there realised how big the map is in both outside and inside action. Hive is about group attacks imo and mechs are only usefull outside as they cannot fit down many tunnels inside (that are still fairly big, but a mech is like 12-20 foot tall compared to your player avatar. Hive is set in the mountians at a very high cloudy autitude.

The tower level is extreme (no pun) with most of the games I played here being post grab with shotguns at spawn, there was one game where it was snipers only and the map was not designed for it, period. This map is designed for zero mech action and tight room fights where theres always multiple ways in to each room via air ducts or floor/roof holes that take a medium ammount of time to get too. Grenades are constantly thrown too so keep your raid teams small and in groups. Tower is also set in the middle of a half built city on the new planet so when you get to the roof you get an amazing view that looks amazing, dispite it being mostly a bitmap image in HD.

Overall I find that the first 2 maps in map pack 1 were ever so slightly better then map pack 2 but theres still much more to play before I can realy decide, island 902 is still a pro sniper map out of the 4 new maps though.

pswii60

Christian Svensson, Capcom's senior director of strategic planning and research, has said that part of the Lost Planet team is working on something secret, but it is lost planet related.

Back in February we reported on a rumour that popped up about a game in development called Lost Planet Wars from Capcom.

Word has it that Lost Planet Wars was a sequel to the chill-shooter released on 360 last year.

Coming from a recent Capcom Gamers' Day, Svensson revealed that Capcom has BIG plans for the future of the game: "The Lost Planet team is sort of split into a couple of different parts: One is working on new content and features for download. Another is working on the PC product," he told Team Xbox. "And then there's another part of the team that's working on something that I can't talk about...but it's still Lost Planet-related."

Well, there's bound to be more LP of course.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162105

phinious

Just rented this game this last week. It is probably my favorite game on the 360 so far. I now feel bad that I didnt buy it. The single player is extremely fun! The huge bosses are so impressive and fun to take out!

I love this game. Anyone else find it pretty dang hard on normal settings? I am probably just weaksauce, but dang I get owned by the flying boss that shoots like 20 rockets. It took me like 10 tries to beat!

I havent tried the multi, and probably wont, but the single player ROCKS! I own GOW and I think LP>GOW for single player atleast. Yeah the graphics arent as sweet, but its more fun imo.

Anyone on the fence with this game should atleast rent it!

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Thats great news. I really rate Lost Planet both SP and MP. Infact I just noticed the date on my post above which I posted on the day I got thegame. Now had it about a month and my blog on 360voice.com says Ive played it around 27 days so far :lol Im about 3 matches away from getting to level 50 in MP at around 260 online matches. Totally, totally loving this. The Post Grab mode is fantastic. My only gripe, but then this could be applied to all MP team games, is I think the host should be able to specify 'Headsets Only'. Sick of being on a team with no headsets.

JdFoX187

Banned
Maybe an actual matchmaking interface...na.

I messed around for an hour last night and only got into ONE match. That one that I was in was fun, but I got so frustrated trying to get into another one I just turned it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom