• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

ok chums, here is how it's going to go down. regulars, if there is a problem with this format let me know and i wont do it this way. please observe the following:

1. this will be an X-man tournament ("x" being however many people sign into this thread to play)

2. you can choose your TOURNAMENT team here

3. you get to choose your league team based on how you finish in the tournament. hold on fellas! dont get your panties in a twist yet! of course REGULARS from last year get to keep the team they had last year.

4. if you weren't in ANY madden seasons last year, OR if you flaked on us at all (bob! dj! bog!) and you don't play in the first tournament, you aren't going to be in the league. it's as simple as that.

5. this tournament is going to be legit just like the league, no cheeseballing

6. round times/time between games will be updated here as the info is made available to me

so sign up with the team you want now. remember, this has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LEAGUE, except for many of you it will mean you have to do well to get the team you want in season. here is what i have so far:

1. fmt - 49ers
2. dmczaf - bucs
3. matrix - texans
4. fifty - ravens
5. ck - giants
6. mrbob - bears
7. malleymal - chiefs
8. slo - vikings
9. truelize - falcons
10. lonestar - seachickens
11. dskillz - Jaguars
12. gunstar - Eagles
13. newsguy - Dolphins
14. cerebral palsy - chargers
15. shadowredz - raiders
16. rorscharch - ?
17. hgplayer1 - cowboys
18. coldblooded - cardinals
19. az - packers
20. dj demon - redskins
21. irish icon - panthers
22. icedragon - broncos
23. guileless - saints (?)
24. ramirez - steelers
25. dj tet - colts
26. konex - lions
27. dcx - bills
28. aceplace - patriots (no?)
29. bigzep - rams
30. titans -
31. bengals - jayfro (?)
32. jets - drey
-------

some of those people may not show up (i haven't heard from dskillz in a while...), so who knows. but at least post here who you want in the tourney, and be sure to sign up when the tournament is actually up

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm in it to win it. I will say this though, Guileless, if you want to use the Giants in this tournament feel free buddy. I will gladly take the Bills. If not, I will use the GMen.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Alright if its just teams for tourny il call eagles since i know i wont have them in the league. If for whatever reason i cant get them ill stick with the cards.

Slo

daunte.jpg

Me and Daunte will be there.

CB3

alright i read it wrong, my bad. Ill stick with the Cardinals then so i can get some practice with that team for the league.

Fifty

I'll play in it as long as you guys don't get crazy and force me to play before thursday. My evenings on tues/wed are pretty booked. sadly, tonight, friday, is not.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, my nights are random depending on work, and I know this weekend after this one, I might be out of town. I'll try to find a good time to get in on this.

DCX

DCX
Well i need to find a way to get the game asap and i'll be in...but i'm not sure if i will get the game at launch, but most likely launch week.

DCX

CB3

Im Posting for Icedragon7 as He is at work and asked me to take the bronco's for the tourny.

newsguy

wow, I found out the hard way that the shitty PSP 2.0 browser can't log in to GAF so I couldn't see this thread. I just got back from my Vegas vacation and I'll play with the Dolphins. BTW it's 50-1 odds in Vegas that they win the SB ;)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm in but I wont be able to play a game until Saturday. I'm out of town from Wednesday to Friday night.
Don't cry for me though, I've booked a hotel room with a nice tv and I'm taking an Xbox with me :D

Rorschach

Truelize said:
I'm in but I wont be able to play a game until Saturday. I'm out of town from Wednesday to Friday night.
Don't cry for me though, I've booked a hotel room with a nice tv and I'm taking an Xbox with me :D
Rent a room with a cable connection. IT'S GO TIME!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Guileless said:
Saints, please.

You sure about that buddy? Feel free to use the GMen.

Also, why restrict it now? Let's let the n00bs play with whoever they want, they're already getting shut out for the season.

You sure about that buddy? Feel free to use the GMen.

Also, why restrict it now? Let's let the n00bs play with whoever they want, they're already getting shut out for the season.

because this tournament is here to dictate who can join the league and who is reliable. it is also a source to decide who gets what team amongst new players. so, by those means, if i were to let joe nobody (no offense to anyone) pick the eagles (even though he has no shot at using them in-season), and he goes up against joe nobody 2 who is using the bengals, then who is going to win in the tourney? then joe nobody 1 could say "oh i want to use the bengals!" you see where this could go wrong

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
because this tournament is here to dictate who can join the league and who is reliable. it is also a source to decide who gets what team amongst new players. so, by those means, if i were to let joe nobody (no offense to anyone) pick the eagles (even though he has no shot at using them in-season), and he goes up against joe nobody 2 who is using the bengals, then who is going to win in the tourney? then joe nobody 1 could say "oh i want to use the bengals!" you see where this could go wrong

I see your point, but let's not pussyfoot around. I will win this quote unquote tournament. :D

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, my internet has been down for the past day :(....

anyway....bigzep is back, and will take the

ST LOUIS RAMS.

Book that.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Nobody wants Peyton? I'll take him to try and secure my team in the regular season :)

Sign me up for the Colts.

Fifty

If you want the Panthers (I think you're the only one....) you'd probably be better off using them. The curse of the colts is intact, and it's best to use your team instead of picking the (second) best in the game.

edit: nm forget that, irish icon has them.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Fifty said:
If you want the Panthers (I think you're the only one....) you'd probably be better off using them. The curse of the colts is intact, and it's best to use your team instead of picking the (second) best in the game.

edit: nm forget that, irish icon has them.

Tell me more about this curse.

guys i checked out the tournies in madden, and the longest i can give everyone to sign in is 48 hours. i anticipate i will create the tournament on thursday afternoon @ appox. 4 pm pst. therefore it would start on saturday afternoon @ 4 pm. that may change depending on when everyone can get the game.

Fifty

What's the point? ;p You'd be better off just practicing...but I guess if calling it a tournament makes it more fun then go for it.

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
What's the point? ;p You'd be better off just practicing...but I guess if calling it a tournament makes it more fun then go for it.

I dunno, ask all the people holding tournaments at their midnight events

DJ_Tet

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i checked out the tournies in madden, and the longest i can give everyone to sign in is 48 hours. i anticipate i will create the tournament on thursday afternoon @ appox. 4 pm pst. therefore it would start on saturday afternoon @ 4 pm. that may change depending on when everyone can get the game.

So when would the first games have to be completed?

that i dont know yet, i dont know what the setting for "time between rounds" will be. i would imagine 48 hours (1st round games need to be done by monday @ 4pm pst, next round by wednesday @ 4, etc), but they might have longer periods. this may seem like a short period to play games, but that is exactly what we will be working with in the league, which is why i stress that it is very time sensitive and time consuming

I want the panthers in the league and signed up for them in the tourny.

Tet, hopefully you take the Colts because I never play w. anyone besides the panthers. i'd appreciate it if you could be a Peyton cheeser. :D

I want the panthers in the league and signed up for them in the tourny.

Tet, hopefully you take the Colts because I never play w. anyone besides the panthers. i'd appreciate it if you could be a Peyton cheeser.

irish read his post closer. he is choosing the colts so he can do better than you in the tournament, and thus he will get to choose the panthers for the season. here is something you might have glanced over in the top post:

3. you get to choose your league team based on how you finish in the tournament. hold on fellas! dont get your panties in a twist yet! of course REGULARS from last year get to keep the team they had last year.

DCX

DCX
Based on that even if i win the tourney (which won't happen) i still can't get the Falcons becuase of last year? I just ordered Madden from EB, one day shipping, i'm hoping to get the game by Weds or Thursday...get a ton of games in before Sat and i'll be all set.

DCX

unless truelize wants to give them up then you wont get the falcons... you may for season 2 if you're still around since the season 2 draft is dictated by season 1 record (worst record gets first pick) not saying you are going to suck though

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
unless truelize wants to give them up then you wont get the falcons... you may for season 2 if you're still around since the season 2 draft is dictated by season 1 record (worst record gets first pick) not saying you are going to suck though
:lol :lol :lol Yes Falcons for Season 2 :lol

By the way, give me the Bills for the tourney..

DCX

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dcx do you have a mic? i can help you online. i can make you a better player... a moochball player
I have a mic, XBOX i'm assuming...moochball?!

DCX

Top Bottom