• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 06 Xbox Preseason Tourney: If you dont play, you arent in the league!

JayFro

Banned
I caved in to the evil empire and went back on my word that I wouldn't, but with everyone talking about tourneys and leagues I couldn't help my damn self. This passing cone is pretty tough though, sign me up for the Rams please.

JayFro

wtf? isn't this the same guy that goes into every madden thread and bashes it? there's no way you're going to be a reliable player. i mean, you clearly don't even like the series.

DCX

DCX
Wow i just had the best game of my life...2-10 minus yards for the game...Indy 30-ATL 0 :lol :lol I'm ready!!!

DCX

KingV

I want in, Redskins please (or can there be two of the same teams in the tourney?) If not, ummm, I guess I'll go Rams, not really sure what other teams are left.

KingV said:
I want in, Redskins please (or can there be two of the same teams in the tourney?) If not, ummm, I guess I'll go Rams, not really sure what other teams are left.

I've taken the Redskins....besides, do you really want Ramsey's vision cone? :lol

KingV

I'd like to be in the league. If I understand correctly, the tourney outcome predicts your choice of team in the league? P.S I'll take Titans.

KingV

Wolfram & Hart said:
I've taken the Redskins....besides, do you really want Ramsey's vision cone? :lol

Ramsey is shitty in this game. I use Mark Brunell. He's slower, but damn at least I can occasionally get a WR to pass through his vision cone.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
FMT....Why did "JayFro" get the Rams? I called for them first on the first page.

and i havent been online the past 4 days because i had a fallout with my internet service (verizon), so i will be switching to comcast tomarrow...so i hope i'am able to still sign up,

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BigZep said:
FMT....Why did "JayFro" get the Rams? I called for them first on the first page.

and i havent been online the past 4 days because i had a fallout with my internet service (verizon), so i will be switching to comcast tomarrow...so i hope i'am able to still sign up,

Id guess because Jayfro is a vet and your a rookie, but im not sure having not follow the leagues before this one.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Well...if thats the case then thats cool. He has been in the leagues longer than me.

my mistake bigzep, i forgot :D

i will change it. i'm about to post people who i have never seen on AIM and never seen online in madden. if your name is on that list it's a red flag for "i dont have much confidence in you being around once the season starts"

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
So i get the Rams? If so, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Im on 56k right now :( so imagine how long its taking for this message board to load.

Since i've been out of the loop, is there still going to be a tourney (this weekend, or monday?)

here is what i have so far. if your name has an asterik next to it, it means i haven't seen you online in madden or i haven't talked to you on AIM or i haven't seen you with any activity in this thread or the other league thread. guys it is mandatory that you have AIM to be in the league, so please post your AIM now. if you don't have an AIM please sign up as it is nearly impossible to schedule games w/o it. post your AIM names here, i will update this post as people give me their names.

AFC East
1. Patriots - rorscharch
2. Dolphins - Newsguy (GAFnewsguy)
3. Bills - DCX* (?)
4. Jets - Drey (Drey1082)

AFC West
1. Chargers - CP (FredEx KC)
2. Raiders - shadowred (shadowredz)
3. Chiefs - malleymal (mr black nj)
4. Broncos - icedragon* (?)

AFC South
1. Colts - DJ Tet* (?)
2. Jaguars - Dskillz (dskillzhtown)
3. Texans - matrix (adoubledg)
4. Titans - kingV

AFC North
1. Steelers - ramirez (ctownskins3)
2. Ravens - fifty (PM him for it)
3. Bengals - jayfro
4. Browns - AVAILABLE

-------

NFC East
1. Giants - ck (insecurekillah)
2. Redskins - dj
3. Eagles - gunstar (gunstar77)
4. Cowboys - hgplayer (bcsplayer1)

NFC West
1. Rams - bigzep* (?)
2. 49ers - fmt (whossorrynow015)
3. Cardinals - coldblooded* (?)
4. Seahawks - lonestar (mike31820)

NFC South
1. Falcons - truelize* (truelize)
2. Panthers - irish icon* (irish icon 22)
3. Saints - guileless* (elipwnsu)
4. Buccaneers - dm (dmczafx23)

NFC North
1. Lions - konex (konex2k4)
2. Vikings - slo* (?)
3. Packers - az* (?)
4. Bears - mrbob (mrbob2k1)

---------

one more time let me stress this: if you dont participate in this tournament, you will have to wait until season 2 to join. i purposely delayed even creating the tourney this long because i realize not everyone has the game or people have stuff going on and cant get ready on short notice. if this is a common theme for you then just stick to tournaments.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im on AIM all the time, infact im on right now
AIM-TheColdOne33
XBL-ColdBlooded33

I havent been playing much online as im trying to get down the cone and all the new things as much as i can.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
my aim : jackme007 (i've had this name since i was 12,now 19, :) )

AZ Greg

I already posted it but:

AIM - YuMaGrEg1986
XBL Gamertag - AZ Greg

I'm gonna start sending some of you guys friend requests.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I have Madden and am down for the tourney. The Saints secondary however....
040421manning2.jpg

Slo

FMT, I've been posting in all of these Madden threads *and* sent you a PM. I don't want no asterisk!

Aim: NateCantDance
XBL: SloForce

Gamertag : iceDragon7

AIM: Babyboy818717

Madden Live record right now is 8-3 (I think)

So yeah im either on aim or on madden right now.

Andokuky said:
I've been posting, sent 6 people from here friends invites today. My GT is Lokidoki, AIM is AndoSD.

I was wondering who sent me that friend invite on LIVE loki, I'll play you next time I see you on. Thanks anyway.

Rorschach

Oops...I guess I'll take the Pats :\

r0rschach - Live handle
hawakubo - aim
Rorschach - GAF

I've been in this thread and I've played on LIVE :'(

DCX

DCX
My AIM names is DreamcastKC And i'm online now waiting to get a game with you FMT!! XBL name: DCX gaf

DCX

JayFro

Banned
Irish Icon said:
wtf? isn't this the same guy that goes into every madden thread and bashes it? there's no way you're going to be a reliable player. i mean, you clearly don't even like the series.

Listen Junior (member that is), I'll be plenty reliable and fine for league play.

FMT,

I'll take the Bengals and I'm definitely up for the tourney and the season.

Gamertag: JayFro

AIM: JayFro62277

DJ_Tet

Banned
I'm in.

AIM- brian19756868

XBOX Gamer Tag- Dook 91 92 01

-edit--got Gamer Tag updated, am in the tourney as the Colts

ok, jayfro, if you say so. but i dont understand why someone who clearly doesnt enjoy madden and goes to bed with a Dan Stevens pillow would want to committ to a league.

official tournament is up!

to sign in, follow these directions:

1. go to "game modes"
2. go to "tournaments"
3. go to "search", search for the word "GAF"
4. the tournament name and pw are below:

name: GAF I
pw: jgar

there will be few if any exceptions... you guys have to be in. even if you dont plan on PLAYING, at least sign in so we can fill it and continue on w/ the tournament

KingV

As am I, I have a feeling it might be an early elimination for the titans. That vision cone thing is kicking my ass bad. I can't figure out how to handle it well, too many pass plays are either INT's because I'm fumbling buttons or sacks for the same reason.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Having never played in a tourny with you guys, is it single elimination? Also, how will the first round matchups be determined? As I am trying to challenge for a regular season team, the "draft" position is of particular importance to me. I realize that a lot of regular season teams are already set for regulars and some are not being challenged, but some are, so this is more than a warm-up tournament for a few of us.

I'm setting up my router now and I'll sign up for the tournament tonight.

JayFro

Banned
Irish Icon said:
ok, jayfro, if you say so. but i dont understand why someone who clearly doesnt enjoy madden and goes to bed with a Dan Stevens pillow would want to committ to a league.

#1 in the world on Xbox live in Topspin doubles, #56 in the world in Topspin in singles on Xbox Live.

Top 250 in the world in Moto GP 1/2 on Xbox Live.

I like competition, is that ok with you? I may not be good at Madden but I like to compete and have a little fun, I owned a copy of Madden 2005 so keep bringing on the hate and I was probably playing football games when you were still in pampers.

i have no control over who you play. the game randomly determines who plays who. it is single elimination. you will have 48 hours to complete games in between rounds. if you miss your game and you have never played in a league with us before you will be banished from the league... you, and your children, and your childrens children (for 3 months FUCK YOU SIMPSONS!)

but seriously, if you miss the tournament and we all know you (for instance, if DM missed the tournament) that doesn't mean you aren't getting into the league. but please try to make it. if you are a veteran, and you can't play cause you dont have the time, at least have the courtesy to quickly sign online against your opponent and forefit.

thanks fellas i appreciate it.

btw, if the tournament doesn't fill im going to have to go to play B

p.s. i dont have a plan B yet

JayFro

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
i have no control over who you play. the game randomly determines who plays who. it is single elimination. you will have 48 hours to complete games in between rounds. if you miss your game and you have never played in a league with us before you will be banished from the league... you, and your children, and your childrens children (for 3 months FUCK YOU SIMPSONS!)

but seriously, if you miss the tournament and we all know you (for instance, if DM missed the tournament) that doesn't mean you aren't getting into the league. but please try to make it. if you are a veteran, and you can't play cause you dont have the time, at least have the courtesy to quickly sign online against your opponent and forefit.

thanks fellas i appreciate it.

btw, if the tournament doesn't fill im going to have to go to play B

p.s. i dont have a plan B yet

Where do we sign up?

why did you need to know where to sign up then? or have you never been online in madden?

if you have never been online then my apologies. that post is in reference to the online madden menu. you will sign online, go to game modes, etc.

Top Bottom