• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '18 PS4 Online League: Reunion Tour (without all original bandmates)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
More
Patriots suspect Julian Edelman tore his ACL, but do not definitely know, per source. MRI on Sunday to determine full extent of injury.

Karma Chameleon coming around?

Sully wins round 1, 16-24

Newton: 13/19 159 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT
Stewart: 10 carries, 58 Yds
Olsen: 5 rec, 56 yds

Hoyer: 13/18, 194 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT // 2 rushes, 1 yd
Hyde: 12 carries, 56 yds, 1 TD
Goodwin: 2 rec, 75 yds, 1 TD

Round 2 @ twitch.tv/dolphinsj11

Drizzler wins round 2, 24-6

Newton: 12/18, 169 yds, 2 TDs, 1 INT // 1 rush, 18 yds, 1 Fumble
Stewart: 13 carries, 19 yds, 1 TD // 1 rec, 4 yds, 1 TD
Olsen: 7 rec, 119 yds

Smith: 8/16, 119 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT // 1 rush, 8 yds, 1 Fumble
Ware: 9 carries, 45 yds // 2 rec, 17 yds
Hill: 3 rec, 49 yds, 1 TD

The deciding Round 3 gonna be another night

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
One of the devs already said that injuries need to be lowered in sim leagues. Especially ones with 7-8 minute quarters.

Aside from that, my gut says we should wait for the first patch, pending it coming out in a timely fashion.

Edit:

Rex Dickson‏
@RexDEAFootball
Follow
More
Replying to @xgoldstandardx
Improvements to pass rush and zone coverage. Finesse moves, power moves, zone coverage and play recognition ratings involved.

Apparently zone defense sucks ass. Which lines up with what ive been feeling personally. He also said 2-3 weeks. So thats up to FMT!

Has anyone else been unable to manually have their RBs and TEs block? It used to be on R2 and thats still what the menu said but its not working for me and I couldn't find any setting for it?

And Harvey is all of a sudden a Cat 4 Hurricane.... Stay safe guys. :X

2-3 weeks isn't that bad. Smokeys probably gonna be without power for that long anyways..

maybe but I think both were severe.

Given phee's preseason sim experience, I fear the injury bug!

I had injury set to 10 (out of 100). Injuries happen brah! Ask the Patriots!

One of the devs already said that injuries need to be lowered in sim leagues. Especially ones with 7-8 minute quarters.

Aside from that, my gut says we should wait for the first patch, pending it coming out in a timely fashion.

Edit:

Apparently zone defense sucks ass. Which lines up with what ive been feeling personally. He also said 2-3 weeks. So thats up to FMT!

Agreed we should wait!

Has anyone else been unable to manually have their RBs and TEs block? It used to be on R2 and thats still what the menu said but its not working for me and I couldn't find any setting for it?

I've had no issues with that. Maybe your R2 button is broke!

I'll take the saints if they still advalable

I think someone took them

Is there a set date where I need to play Cola?

Feel like I need to get used to the game again.

Anytime within the next couple weeks

brentech

I like that I don't have to relearn the way players move in the way we usually have to year to year, but yea, some stuff just doesn't feel effective.

Probably won't spend much time playing until we are set on a difficulty and such.

Zone coverage seemed excessively weak the couple times I've played. Playing Rodgers and Brady as is wouldn't be much fun.

The thing that hurts the most is safety play. I am ok with the zone play of lb and cbs, especially short/intermediate but the deep zone logic on the safeties sucks, especially in 2 deep zone. They just don't react fast enough

Somnia

Edit:

Zone defense has seemed pretty bad in the few games I've played.

Somnia

I had injury set to 10 (out of 100). Injuries happen brah! Ask the Patriots!

10 is default right? Pretty sure a Madden Dev said you will want to lower it a few points (I'd assume 2ish?) if you do 7-8 minute quarter sim games.

I could be wrong on the number 10 being default though.

I don't remember if we did this in the past, but are we keeping injuries on/off while we sim the pre-season?

I would personally vote to keep them off during pre-season sims, unless we actually play the games ourselves. And I'm pretty sure nobody wants to do that.

I was chalking it up to my safeties just being garbage. I haven't noticed anything else weird with the zone besides poor safety decision making.

TheCrow

I don't remember if we did this in the past, but are we keeping injuries on/off while we sim the pre-season?

I would personally vote to keep them off during pre-season sims, unless we actually play the games ourselves. And I'm pretty sure nobody wants to do that.
I'm pretty sure we turned them off.

Yes we turn them off.

As for safety play, you can improve in franchise via slider, which is why both myself and Bowser threw 5 picks last night (4 by my safeties)

just did a game offline against the CPU, only 3 injuries but two of them season ending, 3 holding penalties called on the CPU but none agianst me...yea seems like they need to tweak some things for sim mode for sure

Smokey

And Harvey is all of a sudden a Cat 4 Hurricane.... Stay safe guys. :X

2-3 weeks isn't that bad. Smokeys probably gonna be without power for that long anyways..

Stayed through it. I'm fortunate that my area is caught between the outer band and inner band, and we haven't experienced anything outside of what would be a normal, rainy day. Other places, not so much. That said the worst for Houston is actually supposed to start tomorrow with the dumping of a ton of rain.

4puErwu.jpg

Smokey

Yeah, pre games over. Power has went out, and the rain jfc. We about to be in real trouble here.

My satellite can't get a connection. Internet out. Rain is relentless.

Yeah, pre games over. Power has went out, and the rain jfc. We about to be in real trouble here.

My satellite can't get a connection. Internet out. Rain is relentless.

I'm guessing now would be a terrible time to start driving north :(

I heard I-45 was a complete disaster

Top Bottom