• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 4 GAF Xbox League Thread: Purple Monkey Dishwasher

It's up fellas, the schedule is finally up. here is the league site:

http://www.easports.com/games/madden2005/onlineplay/leagues/leaguehome.jsp?leagueid=262657

Now, for some quick reminders.

*DO NOT DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING*:

1. Call double Corner slot outside post patterns. What this means if you cannot call a play that has 4 wide receivers, and both of the slot (middle) wide receivers run slant patterns towards the sidelines. This is cheese, and is outlawed.

2. I'm not going to ban a regular slot outside post unless it becomes an epidemic. Listen guys, just because I dont ban it doesn't mean you SHOULD use it. Have some respect for your opponent and he will have respect for you. I haven't used that play since season 2, and I dont play on ever using it in season 3. Remember, be cool

3. No physically spreading the defensive line out (i.e. pushing the L button and then Up on the d-pad). This is cheap as hell and provides a ridiculous pass rush without blitzing. also, dont move your DE off the line of scrimage.

4. No manually Blitzing CB's or LB's.

If i have missed anything let me know. while some would complain that these rules take away the fun, I personally find nothing fun about dealing with glitches and exploits. So just dont use them.

If you need any clarification on any of these subjects, post here or PM me. If someone is cheesing you, PM me. I can overturn any game at any point in the season.

Any other questions (or if you need help w/ madden even!) pm me.

Enjoy ladies!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol Looking at our conference, the playoff race will be extremely tight. And looking at my schedule, looks like I got what I wanted.

Edit: I only face MrBob twice?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DJ Tonight should be cool... I may be sleeping for most of it because I was out till 6 in the am and I had to be at work at 8-30 so I am working on fumes right now... I will see how the sleep demon treats me when i get home and maybe we can get it in...

LOL @ our conference.....

christ!

well i messed up the schedule a tiny bit here and there, i apologize guys. the way i do it is i have a template that i made before, so i have to plug teams in. so for example, the place of the 49ers in season 1 will be the Jets this season (not actually but for example).

so i write "49ers = jets" "Jets = Bucs" "Ravens = Bears" etc and i guess i got mixed up on a week or two. i apologize again, but hey at least you are playing a divisional opponent 4 times!

p.s. i already gave DM the beating of his life. this is what happened.

1st quarter: DM goes on a 3 minute drive... and punts! I go on a 2 minute drive and get a fg. 3-0 after the first

2nd quarter: I'm punting. Fair catch joey. Joey I said fair catch. JOEY FAIR CATCH THE FUCKING BALL! But joey galloway said there will be no fair catch on his watch, and muffs the punt. Next play i throw a td. 10-0. Then later in the quarter I call a PA pass and hit my TE for a 40 yard TD. Don't ask me how they couldn't catch me. 17-0. Now DM is punting, for some STUPID fucking reason i decide to field the punt INSIDE THE 5! but then at the last second i think to myself bad idea and try to move away but it was too late. Auto-TD, 17-7 @ the half

3rd quarter: Opening kick... TD THE BEER MAN MICHAEL LEWIS! Dm was haunted by the beerman all game. That motherfucker is fast. Hey malley, when we play you are going to see plenty of the beer man... dante hall style! anyways that made it 24-7, but then DM got a mike alstott touchdown. 24-14. Late in the third i completed a long pass to midfield and it froze and said "Your opponent has Quit the game you will be awarded a win." But I know it was DM's modem that cut out

all in all it was a championship performance by me. FIRST PLACE IN THE DIVISION! Help me wrap up the division in week 1 by beating malley, DJ!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
harsh, fmt, harsh! Putting me in a division with Gun and Matrix! Using the eagles AND the colts. Aye!! Is this payback for something?

At least I get a game against mrbob, never played against him. Still haven't played against FMT yet, and still won't by the look of me schedule.

CK, when do you want to play?

Lonestar

awww, but I'm a paper tiger !

Matrix with a pass centric team, Defensive master Gun with the eagles. WOO! ;)

But I'll do just fine. :D

Fifty

Hey, you made the playoffs in your soft division and you get to pick your own team! Quit your whining. :(

GO LIONS.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
harsh, fmt, harsh! Putting me in a division with Gun and Matrix! Using the eagles AND the colts. Aye!! Is this payback for something?

At least I get a game against mrbob, never played against him. Still haven't played against FMT yet, and still won't by the look of me schedule.

CK, when do you want to play?

Saturday good for you, tv-breaking compadre!?

Holy shit @ my secondary... I just finally took a look at their full ratings. Whereas the Bills had shit awareness, these guys are telepathic. I can't wait to play the colts, Shanahan I am not! Outside of the offensive line though, the rest of the offense is mediocre. :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
First game done. I finally got to play against Fifty. He got the win. It was a really good game. Big offensive game though. Wow.
I flubbed a kick return (I hate how you can't square a guy up sometimes) and fumbled a recieved pass late in my own territory.
But other than that I played a really good game.
Like I have said many times. Someday you will all have a reason to fear me. :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG DJ, My Boys started out a little rusty and all, but managed to dust off all that super bowl celebrating and get the W.. also.. Portis is a beast

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'M FREE ! I'M FREE!

:lol @ Lonestar...dont worry too much,my D always stinks now.

Gunstar,when can you play?

bob and jobber! i haven't seen either of you post in this thread. come on i know ESPN titles (jobber) and PSP (bob) are pulling you away, but for gods sake at least dont miss week 1 >_<

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Saturday is good for me, though it might be late Saturday. Pesky 3 AM!!!

How late saturday? That would actually work better for me, I have to go to the car dealer and I don't know when I will be back! I can delay my plans tonight (read: hot bitches).

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
FrenchMovieTheme said:
bob and jobber! i haven't seen either of you post in this thread. come on i know ESPN titles (jobber) and PSP (bob) are pulling you away, but for gods sake at least dont miss week 1 >_<

We talked on AIM. We're playing in the featured Saturday Night Football game.

Lonestar

well, I'm on for the time being, but might be away until later tonight. Say anytime between 8 pm until early Sunday?

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Matrix said:
I'M FREE ! I'M FREE!

:lol @ Lonestar...dont worry too much,my D always stinks now.

Gunstar,when can you play?

I am pretty much free the rest of the night just post a time or AIM me at Gunstar77.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gun,can you play at 9 pm eastern time?

Matrix

Cool,ill be in the lobby then...dont crush me too bad :(

Matrix

Great game Gunstar...what a horrible way to lose in OT :(

We both couldnt keep leads of 10 safe.

Gunstar77

Matrix said:
Great game Gunstar...what a horrible way to lose in OT :(

We both couldnt keep leads of 10 safe.

You too. I that game was crazy. My great D vs your high powered Offense. That last play in OT, I saw the blitz coming and I fired the ball out quick and one move and I was gone.

Fifty

The leagues advance at the deadline. That's good, because it forces people to play their games on time, but get used to waiting a bit if we're done early.

Mrbob

Wow I need to get better again fast. I played extremely sloppy that game. 4 turnovers committed inside jobbers 30 and one missed fg! But my championship D held on and I perservered!

gunstar/matrix you guys are going to be pretty pissed at me but i accidentally scheduled you again in week 2 >_<

you actually play each other a total of 4 times. damn i dropped the ball on the scheduling this season. i apologize. i guess it's not as bad as scheduling 50 twice against bog as i did last season

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gunstar/matrix you guys are going to be pretty pissed at me but i accidentally scheduled you again in week 2 >_<

you actually play each other a total of 4 times. damn i dropped the ball on the scheduling this season. i apologize. i guess it's not as bad as scheduling 50 twice against bog as i did last season

wtf :lol

again im sorry, i was trying to follow the format and must have confused names (as i did w/ dj).

if you guys want you can hold off on playing it until a later date (whenever you want) and i can just assign the win to whoever wins. this wont give you the game stats, but it's the next best thing!

Matrix

I'm cool with just playing Gunstar again now,he's legit and fun to play against....hard to throw against :(,but it will only make me better *yea right*

I dont want stats not to be recorded,id like for once to have all my games count..atleast stat wise :p

Mrbob

I'm starting to think if a user takes the Colts they are a cursed team. Every season when someone takes the colts the team can barely eek out a .500 record!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Mrbob said:
I'm starting to think if a user takes the Colts they are a cursed team. Every season when someone takes the colts the team can barely eek out a .500 record!

Maybe I should have taken the Colts then. :lol. I dream of a .500 record.

Lonestar

haha, Gun and Mat play each other 4 times!! I only play them 3 times each. Less losses for me!! :lol

Gunstar77

Matrix said:
I'm cool with just playing Gunstar again now,he's legit and fun to play against....hard to throw against :(,but it will only make me better *yea right*

I dont want stats not to be recorded,id like for once to have all my games count..atleast stat wise :p

Tell you the truth, the game is 10X more fun to play when the D-Line spread is banded. I stopped using it the last 4 games of last season. My only worry is Mike Vick being able to get to the outside of the pass rush but I guess I will deal with that when it happens.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gunstar77 said:
Tell you the truth, the game is 10X more fun to play when the D-Line spread is banded. I stopped using it the last 4 games of last season. My only worry is Mike Vick being able to get to the outside of the pass rush but I guess I will deal with that when it happens.

I must admit that it was much nicer not having to worry about the constant D-line spread that most people play against me (you were probably the worst offender :D). But I don't run that much man. Ask Fifty. He even commented at the end of the game that I should roll out more.

Gunstar77

Truelize said:
I must admit that it was much nicer not having to worry about the constant D-line spread that most people play against me (you were probably the worst offender :D). But I don't run that much man. Ask Fifty. He even commented at the end of the game that I should roll out more.

Well this is my 2nd year playing Madden with the GAF guys and in those 2 years I might have scrambled with McNabb 2 times in all the games I played.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:

At least Matrix realized that the Colts can run as well as pass. :lol

Now I have to deal with Joe Horn, Donte Stallworth, Deuce McAllister, Antoine Stecker, and Aaron Brooks in week 2. :( Not to mention Mike McKenzie on D. :(

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Shadax said:
Jobber: I'll be around tomorrow night after 6:30PM EST. My AIM is Atreides815.

great....get in my loss before Raw and the Nyquil

Top Bottom