• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden Season 4 GAF Xbox League Thread: Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Matrix said:
I'm cool with just playing Gunstar again now,he's legit and fun to play against....hard to throw against :(,but it will only make me better *yea right*

I dont want stats not to be recorded,id like for once to have all my games count..atleast stat wise :p

Matrix, when can you play our 2nd game? I am able play now if you are around, otherwise I can play after 10 PM EST any night this week.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Can play Tuesday night at like 10:30 pm eastern time? I can try for tommorow,Ill let you know if I can in this thread.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar, let me know when you can play. It would be best if we could get this done today (Monday). I have to take off out of town tomorrow night again for a couple of days.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
jeez, this is gonna be a long season...My Defense no longer exists.Given up almost 200 yards running the first 2 games...DOOMED.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That game ticked me off Lonestar. I admit I threw that interception into the endzone and screwed my chances at winning but there were many things that you did that bothered me.

1. Went for it on 4th down in teh 1st. I was not expecting that and was just lost during the play and got burnt. Luckily you only got a FG out of it.

2. Constant formation changes while I try to kick. Now that might not affect the fatigue level of my kicker, but from what I've read online it does. I missed the kick short (it was a long kick). But from the mental side of it, it ticked me off because from then on I figured you were cheating.

3. Squib kicked 2 or 3 times. I've always thought that was cheap. Recieving team has no clue what to do with that. One time the ball dropped right at the feet of Griffith and he didn't even move.

Altogether a frustrating game. Not because of the way the score turned out. I take my losses with stride, but I just wound up feeling like I was being cheated on. If you weren't doing anything suspect that please don't get upset at me, and Good Game man. You got me again.

Someday you will go down though. Someday. Hey at least I didn't throw my controller through the wall this time.

And Lonestar,,,, your defense isn't falling apart. My offense is finally coming around man.

fellas there is no reason to be switching formations before a FG/PAT. i know there is a kick/punt glitch, but im not sure if that's it and i'm not sure how to do it. lets keep the constant audibling or formation shifts before a play (on offense or defense) out of the league. thanks!

in other news, i beat ck. this is what happened:

* aaron brooks was injured twice in the game. the first time in the 1st quarter (he missed about 5 plays). Then he was injured in the 2nd quarter again, this time for the rest of the game. but bouman finished 6/8 for 120 and a TD!

* deuce was stuffed.

* i got 14 points directly off turnovers

* i had 10 sacks!

gg, final score was 27-13. ck outscored me 10-0 in the 2nd half.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
fellas there is no reason to be switching formations before a FG/PAT. i know there is a kick/punt glitch, but im not sure if that's it and i'm not sure how to do it. lets keep the constant audibling or formation shifts before a play (on offense or defense) out of the league. thanks!

in other news, i beat ck. this is what happened:

* aaron brooks was injured twice in the game. the first time in the 1st quarter (he missed about 5 plays). Then he was injured in the 2nd quarter again, this time for the rest of the game. but bouman finished 6/8 for 120 and a TD!

* deuce was stuffed.

* i got 14 points directly off turnovers

* i had 10 sacks!

gg, final score was 27-13. ck outscored me 10-0 in the 2nd half.

That game was just so odd. Any offense I could try and muster was completely destroyed by the incredible play of FMT's LE, Grant. He had 6 sacks alone. First play of the game was a sack by one of FMTs DTs, I think.

I don't know what happened, and to be honest I was pretty mad. I was using the Bills playbook, had a better offensive line than last season, and a much faster QB than last season, and yet was getting burned left and right strictly by the defensive line? FMT blitzed 9 times and got 10 sacks, that's just not right, not against the Broncos. Definitely fucked me up mentally for the rest of the game, and played a part in my thrown int. (Into double coverage while Lelie was streaking down field with no safety help over the top.) I mean I read the play right but still had to force the through to avoid the sack. And of course Bailey fumbling on a hit that wasn't even a strong, dead on hit, was the other score.

I am, however, proud of the way my D played. The offense gave up 14 points, the game would have been tied if those points weren't scored.

My experiment with the Broncos continues. I haven't played near as many games with them early in the season as I had with the Bills, so I am still figuring things out. I learned a lesson about how I shouldn't wait for plays to develop before throwing the ball behind one of the best olines in the game.

Lonestar

Ok, first of all, fair play was ON, and it gave me the option at that point, because why? I don't know, but I decided to go for it. It's a gamble! If I miss or fail to cross the line, guess what happens!

On the First FG, you took about 20 seconds to decide to go for a FG, and in a split thought, a fake crossed my mind (since you took offense to the earlier go for it on 4th) On the second occasion, that thought crossed my mind again, then you paused and told me about the bug. Which I did NOT know about. I took a Time Out for that error on my part. The miss (from 50+ yards) was on YOU.

I successfully Squibed one kick. Which you ended up scoring a long drive for a TD for. The 2nd time, it went out of bounds, giving you the ball at the 45. I think you scored on that one too. And I went for the 2 Squibs because, the previous game, you ran one back on me with Rossum!

You bump Rice EVERY down. Why? Is that the rule on me?

Vick shouldn't be allowed to run. EVER!!!!!! ARGHHEGHALOTTA!!!

Are audibles being banned now???? WTF!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
Ok, first of all, fair play was ON, and it gave me the option at that point, because why? I don't know, but I decided to go for it. It's a gamble! If I miss or fail to cross the line, guess what happens!

On the First FG, you took about 20 seconds to decide to go for a FG, and in a split thought, a fake crossed my mind (since you took offense to the earlier go for it on 4th) On the second occasion, that thought crossed my mind again, then you paused and told me about the bug. Which I did NOT know about. I took a Time Out for that error on my part. The miss (from 50+ yards) was on YOU.

I successfully Squibed one kick. Which you ended up scoring a long drive for a TD for. The 2nd time, it went out of bounds, giving you the ball at the 45. I think you scored on that one too. And I went for the 2 Squibs because, the previous game, you ran one back on me with Rossum!

No worries man. It was just a really confusing game for me. Honestly I wouldn't have even checked if I could have gone for it on 4th in the 1st quarter. So I didn't know you could, and then out of frustration I picked the wrong defensive formation to guard you that down. And it cost me.

Both kicks were my fault then. I was just curious about what you were doing cause I've only heard about the formation glitches and was wondering if that was going on at that time. And then I was wondering if the first kick was short because of the formation shifting. Seemed really strange at the time.

The squibs seem odd cause I've only played one other guy that used them and I've never seen them done in a game on TV. So they seem stupid to me.

I bumped Rice a lot cause you used me with him last game. USED ME! Dude catches everything. And he's halfway into the grave.

Vick can run if you double the outside guys and don't leave any help for him. :)

And I totally forgot about my kick return. That was awesome!!! :)

Like I said. Someday man. Someday. But I think Brooking needs to hit the weights or something cause Alexander actually ran over him for that one TD. That was just wrong.

Lonestar

And the Comment about how I can't kick worth anything!!! I took offense to that, Mr. 0-2. :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:

Your impression of me is pretty good, friend! :lol :lol :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
And the Comment about how I can't kick worth anything!!! I took offense to that, Mr. 0-2. :lol

Well that's cause you proved you can't last season. (Doesn't mean you still can't. )
If that game hadn't had frustrated me like that I think there is a very good change that it would be Mr. 1-1. But like I said before. I've lost before. I'll lose again. And my self confidence is high enough that I don't take offense to "Mr. 0-2."

Lonestar

Thanks, I was aiming at your distaste of humanity, with a taint amount of Slo's apathy towards naysayers. :lol :lol

Oh, and True, that 1st FG was at 54 yards. A little bit long anyway.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Lonestar said:
Thanks, I was aiming at your distaste of humanity, with a taint amount of Slo's apathy towards naysayers. :lol :lol

Oh, and True, that 1st FG was at 54 yards. A little bit long anyway.

Yeah. I never said it was because of something you were doing. It wasn't till the second kick I had that I thought that you might have been shifting your guys deliberately.
I was just confused man.
And as for missing my kicks. They were both from over 50 yards man. Not 15. Talk to me after I miss two from inside the 20 in one game.
But I wouldn't have had a 50 yard FG attempt on the second one if I hadn't had screwed up and got sacked deep.
That was probably the turning point right there. That was game.

Lonestar

what was that about self confidence? I'm pulling your chain on the kicking! After BARELY winning a victory, and for the 2nd time in recent weeks, basically been called a cheater, I can't poke a jab at something you laid on me from awhile back?

Why else would I bring it up now, when it obviously has no real relavance?

Why am I asking Questions?

Why does this guy,
0_21_061402_michaelson_ron.jpg
, always loose "another one" to Ditech?

And how do you formation shift? Isn't that an audible that ends up a different formation that you were? Like hitting X, then another button?

formation shift doesn't change the play, only formation. for instance, you are running a 2 wide Fly pattern to start, but you formation shift to a 4 wide. the same play is called to "Trick" the defense into thinking you changed plays but you didn't. problem being that when you formation shift it takes the energy of the defense down to nothing. its a weird glitch.

p.s. just so we are clear guys, the division winners plus ONE wild card gets in per conference. so 3 total teams per conference. the #1 seed gets a bye into the championship game. keep that in mind at all times.

Lonestar

hmm, that is a wierd glitch. Might as well put out a warning on my future cheating, by saying "when I audible, it's because I've probably screwed up and picked a reverse to the TE, and dammit, I don't want to run 80 yards for a TD with muh TE. I'm that nice a guy, I won't do that on anyone!"

Yeah, that about sums it up.

its not an audible. you can audible until the cows come home, that doesn't matter. its the "formation shift" (and it will say formation shift on your screen if you do it). consult the in-game training or manual for further clairification, but if you dont know what formation shift is by now then you are fine. i've never used it myself

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Don't worry Lonestar. I know you were pulling my chain. It was a good game man. It just seemed odd while I was playing it.

No one called you a "cheater" though. Even if that would have had an effect on my kicks (which it didn't), it's reasonable to think that you were just doing what someone else online had done to you. Without even knowing it was glitching the game. No glitch happened. Just a 54 yard kick that didn't go. Gee go figure. :)

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
GG DM although it glitched out at the end i guess on your side... another OT game, just like last years playoof game.... Chiefs started out hot and went straight Arctic... it was a good game though... hope the stats go through...

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Matrix said:
Can play Tuesday night at like 10:30 pm eastern time? I can try for tommorow,Ill let you know if I can in this thread.

Well I am here now if you want to play but if not 10:30 PM EST Tuesday night is fine too.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Gunstar77 said:
Well I am here now if you want to play but if not 10:30 PM EST Tuesday night is fine too.

Hey,sorry I wasnt around to play last night.I'll be on at 10:30 eastern time tonight,ill post here right before I go on.

Mrbob

Oh man last game was a reminder why I don't like using the Bears in Madden.

I like to pass the ball.

The Bears receivers don't like to catch wide open passes.

This may be a problem.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Oh man last game was a reminder why I don't like using the Bears in Madden.

I like to pass the ball.

The Bears receivers don't like to catch wide open passes.

This may be a problem.

You could always try to run.

edit- Just saw your rushing stats....dont run.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There's a new tactic that's becoming more and more pervasive in the league, and it can turn up some quirky results. I'm not going to name it because it won't be banned, it's almost impossible to police and would take away some strategy... But man it can be frustrating facing it with singleback/empty backfield. Insta-pressure. ;p

I'll just hold my tongue until someone else brings it up, I guarantee it will.

let me guess ck, the d-line stunt spread (as opposed to physical spread). could feasibly be, but how do you explain me getting 10 sacks off you while using the d-line PINCH (exact opposite of spread) over 3/4ths of the time?

it wont be banned (unless everyone wants it to) nor should it be banned because it is not guaranteed, and running against the stunt spread is almost guaranteed big yardage

if this isn't what you are talking about then i am stumped :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
let me guess ck, the d-line stunt spread (as opposed to physical spread). could feasibly be, but how do you explain me getting 10 sacks off you while using the d-line PINCH (exact opposite of spread) over 3/4ths of the time?

it wont be banned (unless everyone wants it to) nor should it be banned because it is not guaranteed, and running against the stunt spread is almost guaranteed big yardage

if this isn't what you are talking about then i am stumped :D

Nope. :p

DM and i were playing a non-league ranked game. He was up 14-8 I had 4th and 11 it was under the two minute warning. DM manually blitzes with Quarles.

[21:26] <CKLumines> ...DM...
[21:26] <CKLumines> you fucking cheater
[21:26] <DMczaf> what?
[21:26] <CKLumines> Manual LB blitz?
[21:26] <CKLumines> jesus dude it's not like you have trouble beating me
[21:26] <DMczaf> what? i did it the play before
[21:27] <DMczaf> 2nd time, your o-line missed me
[21:27] <CKLumines> Doesn't make it right
[21:27] <CKLumines> you know it's against the rules

I declare DM disqualified, I win the game, thus breaking the curse and giving me my 100th victory in ranked games!

Matrix

Dm is officially the Sammy Sosa of Madden.....

Cheater.JPG

A typical day in the life... of ramirez:

Picture%20010.jpg

Ramirez: Ahhh, another glorious day sees it's conclusion. Should I read the new harry potter? No, it's already 8:30, half an hour past my bedtime. I better call it a night.

gv0004_024.jpg

Ramirez: zzzz... first... pa... call pa... conta... contain edges... pi... jo... john... sell... ebay... no... No... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

okbomb.jpg

Ramirez: (crying) whyhyhyhyhy.... why god! let madden come back to me!
----------

sadly for ramirez its too late. dont let this happen to you!

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
A typical day in the life... of ramirez:

Picture%20010.jpg

Ramirez: Ahhh, another glorious day sees it's conclusion. Should I read the new harry potter? No, it's already 8:30, half an hour past my bedtime. I better call it a night.

gv0004_024.jpg

Ramirez: zzzz... first... pa... call pa... conta... contain edges... pi... jo... john... sell... ebay... no... No... NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

okbomb.jpg

Ramirez: (crying) whyhyhyhyhy.... why god! let madden come back to me!
----------

sadly for ramirez its too late. dont let this happen to you!

:lol :lol He got his $15! He's better than us. He can use that money to buy a wonderful dish at TGI Friday's!

Matrix

GG Gunstar,but that shit was not fun for me.

Losing Manning in the first minute of the game and not having him for the rest of the game...well that sucked ass,I totally got dominated not having him on O.Fifty now I know how you felt when I was using the Ravens and knocking Manning out every game.

Bob was right,this f-ing team is cursed.

Also I dropped like 4 ints :( God hates me.

Top Bottom