• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League at 34m players up 1m from July, new automated word ban system + more

Kayant

Source - https://www.rocketleague.com/news/new-ban-practices-season-4-rewards-update/

rl_updated_screens_01.c6e1dc555a6eff57c623d9877706c9a5.r1YfUFywZ.jpg

In the two years since Rocket League launched in July of 2015, our community has grown to an astounding 34 million players worldwide. As our community grows larger still, so too does the need to ensure that Rocket League is a consistently-safe, harassment-free place where players of all ages and backgrounds can come together and execute the sweetest of aerial goals and backflip saves. The cornerstone of addressing in-game harassment is our 'Player Mute' and 'Report' systems, which can be accessed from the in-game menu mid-match.

This week, we’re building on our Player Report system by adding a new layer of automation to the report-ban process. This automation, simply called the 'Language Ban' system, will automatically ban players from online matches when certain words -- racial slurs, for example -- are seen in reports filed by our players.

While we have an initial list of over 20 words and variants, this list (which we will not be making public) will continue to evolve over time, and include words and phrases from multiple languages. Each word has its own threshold, and once a threshold for any word has been reached, that player will be automatically subject to a ban. These bans will typically start at 24 hours, then escalate to 72 hours, one week, and finally, a permanent ban.

Of the thousands of reports we receive every day, the majority are tied to in-game abuse and harassment -- typically in the form of abusive language. This new Language Ban system will help us address reports quickly and precisely while we also continue our usual monitoring of Reddit and other social channels for feedback.

We will organically update our ban policies and system logic as time goes on, of course, but the Rocket League community is the most important element of them all. So, if you see another player using abusive language during your match, please report them, mute them, and let us take care of the rest.

UPDATE ON ABUSE AND SEASON 4 REWARDS

Just as we did at the of Competitive Season 3, we have also denied Season 4 Rewards to several hundreds of players at the end of Competitive Season 4. When the Reward Trails were issued last month, players who were found abusing the matchmaking system to increase their rank (such as gaming the system to force a win or a loss, etc), were not rewarded for their actions.

We will continue to monitor match results and matchmaking abuse throughout Competitive Season 5.

Previous month data if interested - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1402552&highlight=

Abuse me online if old.

Don't play un-ranked playlists, but I imagine text chat is a cesspool for the most part. Only seen a few slurs in ranked, the rests just regular BM

MauroNL

Nice and well deserved. Now get that crossplatform shit going Sony, I want to play with my PS4 buds on my XB1

I saw a huge billboard advertising the Rocket League world championship at LAX today...
So that is a thing now apparently.

Anyway glad to see the game is a success it was a lot of fun to play. :)

Nice and well deserved. Now get that crossplatform shit going Sony, I want to play with my PS4 buds on my XB1

You will not be able to do that even if Sony allowed cross-platform play. You can't have cross-platform parties, it's only for matchmaking with randoms.

Arttemis

Lower tiers in ranked are way worse than anything unranked in my experience.
I've been struggling to get out of gold, usually bouncing around G2T1 and G3T4, but the few times I've slipped into Silver, I found the chat to be far friendlier than in gold.

Wil348

You will not be able to do that even if Sony allowed cross-platform play. You can't have cross-platform parties, it's only for matchmaking with randoms.

Actually, you can. In my experience on PS4, if you create a private room with a name and password, and give them to a PC player, they can join you.

ChrisD

I bet 'kys' is on the list
I hope it is.

Rocket League's updates continue to be great. A large portion of the online Community may be horrible, and I don't like the Crates thing (its a million times better than OW though!), but the developers as a whole are amazing. So much time and work put in to these updates. This game will still be evolving years from now.

Kayant

Don't play un-ranked playlists, but I imagine text chat is a cesspool for the most part. Only seen a few slurs in ranked, the rests just regular BM
I rarely see any toxicity in Dropshot,Snow day/Hoops once I play solo standard or standard oh boy i better hope I don't make any mistakes because salt levels increase 10 folds!
Actually, you can. In my experience on PS4, if you create a private room with a name and password, and give them to a PC player, they can join you.
That technically isn't a party. It's just a joinable private lobby enabled by the password system so it's platform agnostic.

Colbert

Banned
Wow that is a lot of players. I have the game but never touched it yet as I fear I will suck in it.

Top Bottom