• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official March 4th - Jr. Tuesday - GAF's worst (McCain wins, Hil wins Ohio, Texas)

Status
Not open for further replies.
grandjedi6 said:
Anything less than a huge sweep by Hillary is a victory for Obama. I still stand by my statement that Wisconsin was the mortal wound
If she wins either state, she might remain in the election and change the meme to "Reinfranchising" voters in Michigan and Florida.

GhaleonEB

Triumph said:
I give this thread the Triumph Seal of Approval, for what it's worth.

Also, revised predictions:

Almost exactly what I was going to predict. Going to be a fun couple of days.

KRS7

The Clinton campaign along with the media has successfully raised the bar on what Obama needs to accomplish. Now even if Clinton squeaks by, and wins Texas and Ohio by the narrowest of margins, she will claim victory. These were states basically hand chosen by the Clinton campaign to be out of reach. The fact that Obama is even competitive now is a huge loss for Hillary, given that a few weeks ago he was behind by more than 20 points in both states. While the media may spin it otherwise, anything but a landslide victory for Clinton in both Ohio and Texas is a win for Obama.

TDG

Banned
Info added to the OP, thanks rur0ni.

AmishNazi said:
Mostly just a lot of Homophobes. We were one of "those" states in 2004.
Oh yes. I think it's mostly that there are a lot of stubborn people here, who aren't fond of changing their ideals.

I'm out east of Cincinnati in what is possibly the most republican district in the state (OH-2). "Mean" Jean Schmidt is my congresswoman much to my dismay. Even my wife calls her a cunt. Registered republicans in my county outnumber registered dems by around 42,000 to 13,000 (quoting from memory).

I have received twice the amount of literature from Obama as Hillary. However, a Hillary canvasser stopped by today and this is a first for me at this home. He had a list of dems and independents and was out trying to GOTV for Hillary supporters as much as persuade anybody on the fence.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
typhonsentra said:
If she wins either state, she might remain in the election and change the meme to "Reinfranchising" voters in Michigan and Florida.

The GOP, media and superdelegates have already decide Obama, whether formally or informally. Without a one or more of those bases to rely upon, Hillary won't be able to enact her superdelegate/Michigan&Florida strategy. All she can do is pointlessly drag it out

killakiz said:
Ron Paul still in the race? haven't even heard his name in the news for weeks.

He is, but he is also busy with his own congressional election

TDG

Banned
beermonkey@tehbias said:
I have received twice the amount of literature from Obama as Hillary. However, a Hillary canvasser stopped by today and this is a first for me at this home. He had a list of dems and independents and was out trying to GOTV for Hillary supporters as much as persuade anybody on the fence.
I'm in Westerville (northeast 'burb of Columbus) and I've recieved 5 mailings from Clinton, none from Obama, and 3 calls from Clinton, none from Obama. I have seen way more ads for Obama than Clinton, though.

MrHicks

Banned
what would happen if mccain somehow becomes president?

double guantanamo + second war with iran
+ huuuuge escalating tensions with russia?

don't faawk this up america

gkryhewy

Amir0x said:
If the STATE of OHIO was a sentient being and had the ability to post on neoGAF, he is saying it would be banned for trolling the forums. Basically OHIO is trolling the United States of America by supporting Hillary.

I think this is what he is trying to say!

Well that seems pretty clear. Come on Ohioans! It does suck that you're stuck in Ohio, but don't take that out on the rest of us again, okay?

grandjedi6

MrHicks said:
what would happen if mccain somehow becomes president?

double guantanamo + second war with iran

McCain deep down hates torture, no matter what he makes up for the conservative base. I doubt he would be as bad as Bush but the country really needs to undo alot of what Bush has done imo

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I don't think you can call Ohio just because of the early voting. Obama is hitting the young voters hard.

I look forward to this being over and welcoming Obama as the Democratic candidate.

blazingsaddles1.jpg

I do fear a Monday surprise from the Hillary camp.

cd178bb4bc9d7c4773c32cb8fee6a913.gif

KRS7

MrHicks said:

Since Medve.. Mendedve... Mandave... whatever has vowed to uphold Putin's policies and legacy. Tensions with Russia will likely increase regardless of who becomes our president.

TDG

Banned
Are there any numbers on how popular early voting has been?

Personal anecdotes FTW, but I don't know anyone who is voting early. In fact, I think most people replied "Why would I do that?" to my question.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
DrForester said:
I don't think you can call Ohio just because of the early voting. Obama is hitting the young voters hard.

And we all know how young voters love to procrastinate! :D

Rur0ni

Amir0x said:
Damn rur0ni's info/pics are hot
I really dropped the ball this time around. Appreciate the ego stroke though. I think the population density maps are best. Though there is a lot that can be done with this stuff. ;)

To make it up, Wyoming and Mississippi will get proper treatment this coming weekend/next Tuesday. Something fresh. Though we already know who will win both.

MrHicks

Banned
KRS7 said:
Since Medve.. Mendedve... Mandave... whatever has vowed to uphold Putin's policies and legacy. Tensions with Russia will likely increase regardless of who becomes our president.

you but quotes like

Hillary "putin has no soul"
and
Mccain "i've seen into putins eyes and all i see are three letters K......G.......B"

certainly don't help the situation
im sure many leaders think that but fuck you don't have to say that out loud
diplomacy 101

KRS7

the disgruntled gamer said:
Are there any numbers on how popular early voting has been?

Personal anecdotes FTW, but I don't know anyone who is voting early. In fact, I think most people replied "Why would I do that?" to my question.

The surveyusa poll of Ohio from 23rd to 25th of last month showed that 12% of likely voters has already voted. Extrapolating that out to March 4th, I would guess that about 20% of votes cast will be early votes.

Amir0x

Banned
Rur0ni said:
I really dropped the ball this time around. Appreciate the ego stroke though. I think the population density maps are best. Though there is a lot that can be done with this stuff. ;)

To make it up, Wyoming and Mississippi will get proper treatment this coming weekend/next Tuesday. Something fresh. Though we already know who will win both.

dont worry by the weekend this race will be OVA

KRS7

MrHicks said:
you but quotes like

Hillary "putin has no soul"
and
Mccain "i've seen into putins eyes and all i see are three letters K......G.......B"

certainly don't help the situation
im sure many leaders think that but fuck you don't have to say that out loud
diplomacy 101

Certainly some candidates will be worse than others, but my point was that the direction that Russia is heading will likely lead to greater tensions and confrontations with the United States regardless of who becomes our next president. Russia will not become BFFs with the United States just because Obama is the president. Likely Russia will test our new president very early. Probably by sending bombers or submarines towards one of our Pacific carrier groups to try to elicit a response from the new president.

Hootie

You guys can count on me posting that fuuuuuuuck.gif minutes before the polls close Tuesday. I finally found the one with explosions in it.

And I'll probably say "Bracing for epic" and "We are moments before zero-hour".

Because I'm that predictable. :lol

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Hmmm maybe Hilliary might have a hard time in Texas in her base in South Texas doesn't look heavily populated where areas where Obama might do well in Dallas/Ft.Worth and Houston.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
How the hell did Hillary Clinton grab all of these TV appearances right before the big day?

grandjedi6

Dan said:
How the hell did Hillary Clinton grab all of these TV appearances right before the big day?

Effort. On the other side, have you seen Obama even try much to get TV appearances? He seems more focused on campaign rallys and such

sangreal

Obama doesn't need those TV appearances because he can afford ads. Also, I think she is wasting a lot of time by flying to NY for a daily show. I doubt it will have a huge impact on the youth vote.

Obama should be unveiling his 2-minute ads tomorrow

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Posted?

A very good analysis and simple explanation on how the Texas primary/caucus two step delegate distribution will heavily favor Obama.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23438379/

The primary is actually 31 separate contests, one in each of the state's state Senate districts, with anywhere from two to eight delegates divided between winner and loser.

That's where Bush, blacks and Hispanics come in.

The 126 primary delegates are distributed across the state based in part on the number of votes cast in the 2004 presidential and 2006 gubernatorial elections, rather than strictly on population.

State senate districts that gave Sen. John Kerry or the 2006 gubernatorial candidate, Chris Bell, a majority or even a sizable minority in their votes in 2004 and 2006 are favored with more delegates under the formula. That generally means areas that are home to blacks and liberals, in areas around Houston, Dallas and Austin, for example — groups that have strongly favored Obama.

Election day polls in Texas from four years ago show blacks gave Kerry 83 percent of their votes in 2004, to 17 percent for Bush. Two years later, Bell claimed 63 percent black support in losing a four-way race to Republican Gov. Rick Perry.

By contrast, Kerry split the Hispanic votes with Bush, 50-49. Bell got less than that, 41 percent.

As a result, some state Senate districts with heavy Hispanic populations, including areas around Brownsville and Corpus Christi, have relatively few delegates at stake in this year's presidential primary.

I'm counting on Jon to not let her off the hook for that 60 Minutes interview/Phone ad just because she's his guest. This is pretty disgusting.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
sangreal said:
Obama doesn't need those TV appearances because he can afford ads. Also, I think she is wasting a lot of time by flying to NY for a daily show. I doubt it will have a huge impact on the youth vote.

Obama should be unveiling his 2-minute ads tomorrow

this is my opinion as well. the daily show and snl are obamas crowd allready. more than anything snl is probably pissing off their viewers by sucking at Clintons teet.

at this late stage, you need to energize your base, get them pumped up to make sure they get to the polls. spending 2 of the last 3 nights in nyc = really really dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom