• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Gantz said:
Episode 11 was hilarious :lol Best anime in years.

So far this year? Maybe. In recent years? Well, Eureka seveN, Noein, Samurai Champloo, Gankutsuou, Paranoia Agent, GitS: SAC and much more disagree.

Posting in this thread because it needs more Haruhi avatars.

It's one of the best anime I've seen. The attention to detail is staggering and there are so many things going on it's hard to keep up if you didn't read the novel(s). There's actually a lot of layers to the story than just "Haruhi abuses Mikuru lolz!!"

Holtz

7Th said:
So far this year? Maybe. In recent years? Well, Eureka seveN, Noein, Samurai Champloo, Gankutsuou, Paranoia Agent, GitS: SAC and much more disagree.
Champloo was nice, but nowhere near the level of the others you mentioned. I like Haruhi better than Champloo, anyway. :lol And just this season, i like Black Lagoon just as much as Haruhi, but depending on the endings for each series, there could be changes. :D Higurashi, Utawarerumono, Ergo Proxy and School Rumble season 2 are also great.

yjs666

How the heck does Gankutsuou **** your mind? It's one of the most straight-foward shows I've seen in years, although that maybe because I've read the Count of Monte Cristo novel.

Gantz

Banned
7Th said:

Eureka seveN - As much as I like Eureka 7, Haruhi has better writing and more likeble characters.

Noein - Animation is terrible. No likeable characters. Decent writing.

Samurai Champloo - I like Champloo but it's not as good as Cowboy Bebop

Gankutsuou - Never seen it.

Paranoia Agent - Good animation but boring as ****.

GitS: SAC - <3 Un par with Haruhi.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Gantz said:
Samurai Champloo - I like Champloo but it's not as good as Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop? Where did that come from?:D

You said Haruhi is the best anime in years, he gave examples with Champloo in'em. Now explain to me what the **** Cowboy Bebop has to do with this argument.:lol

Back on thread, Haruhi is very good, but I have to agree that it's going downhill so fast that I might change my avatar.

jGuru

Forza's and psycho_snakes official soccer ball-washer
Himuro said:
It's by the same director. Before Champloo aired, it was hyped as Bebop in Japan. It was VERY hyped up and didn't deserve the hype. God, Champloo is the most disappointing anime of all time for me.

I know Watanabe. I know all the Champloo story. But my point is, what does CB has to do with Haruhi, cause the first guy mentioned Champloo as an anime better than Haruhi, but Gantz go and say that CB is better than Champloo. I mean, wtf? If CB is better than Champloo does that make Haruhi better than Champloo? That was his point after all.
Unless he means that Haruhi is better than CB so Haruhi is better than Champloo by default...I'm putting too much effort into this.

Beezy

Gantz said:
Eureka seveN - As much as I like Eureka 7, Haruhi has better writing and more likeble characters.

Jason said:
At least they're all better than Eureka 7.

What the **** is wrong with you people? Haruhi is hilarious, but better than Eureka Seven? You must be out of your mind.

Holtz

Beezy said:
What the **** is wrong with you people? Haruhi is hilarious, but better than Eureka Seven? You must be out of your mind.
Beezy, i know it's hard to believe, but some people actually dislike E7. :lol Some even go to the extremes of hating it. It's a sad world, indeed. :(

Beezy

Holtz said:
Beezy, i know it's hard to believe, but some people actually dislike E7. :lol Some even go to the extremes of hating it. It's a sad world, indeed. :(

Anyone who likes anime and actually HATES E7 is an idiot.

Btw, is there a site with Haruhi avatars or is everyone making their own.

Holtz

Beezy said:
Anyone who likes anime and actually HATES E7 is an idiot.

Btw, is there a site with Haruhi avatars or is everyone making their own.
There is a site with a ton of Haruhi avatars, but it has anime torrents on it, so i don't know if i can post it here.
And i don't love E7 either, Himuro. I like it a great deal, but it's nowhere near one of my favorites. :D I don't see how anyone can actually hate it, though. :(

Beezy

Holtz said:
There is a site with a ton of Haruhi avatars, but it has anime torrents on it, so i don't know if i can post it here.

Thanks. That's all the info I needed. And I see that a few people from here post there. :D

7Th

Dead said:
Man, Kyoto's animators are something else. Amazing, even down to the sweat from performing. Jesus.

I really enjoyed the direction of the whole scene, everything was pretty well done, from the expressions to the camera angles. It was like Beck... with budget!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
7Th said:
I really enjoyed the direction of the whole scene, everything was pretty well done, from the expressions to the camera angles. It was like Beck... with budget!
Yeah I was thinking that this single sequence most have cost more than the whole of Beck's live music sequences. Awesome.

Beezy

7Th said:

Lol so true. They need to hurry and sub this episode.

Belfast

Only 14 episodes? :(

WTF is with all the anime I like getting shafted?

First Yakitate has to end and now Haruhi? Surely there's more story than this in the manga? I'm getting a Genshiken vibe here - another great show that was aborted at 12 episodes (though I know more are coming...).

At least I can rest in the knowledge that One Piece will last at least another 5 years or so and Bleach, well, hopefully we get back to the main story soon. This Bounto crap is getting way too drawn out for my tastes.

Beezy

Yeah, it sucks. I don't see how Haruhi can be only 14 eps. Haven't we seen episode 14 already? And what's Bounto anyway?

Beezy said:
Yeah, it sucks. I don't see how Haruhi can be only 14 eps. Haven't we seen episode 14 already? And what's Bounto anyway?

Yeah, the bounto stuff is what made me lose interest in the Bleach anime. The manga is great though.

I'm just hoping Haruhi gets a 2nd season, at least, because they still several books they can work from, and from what I understand the author of the novels has actually written one of the episodes, so maybe he can eventually do several anime-only episodes. I dunno, I'm content with the season being "short" because of the amazing production values...I knew it couldn't last forever.

Belfast

Beezy said:

The Bounto are these silly, immortal vampire-like characters. They aren't horrible, per se, but I think it really takes away from the main focus of the storyline. Kind of like the Quincy, they're a fringe group in Bleach's world, which makes them just a little dull and cliche.

7Th

Belfast said:
First Yakitate has to end and now Haruhi? Surely there's more story than this in the manga?

Novels, and yes there's much more story than what we've seen, and will see, in the anime.

Holtz

7Th said:
Novels, and yes there's much more story than what we've seen, and will see, in the anime.
Man, episode 12 was so awesome. I was starting to dislike Haruhi's attitude, but she was just so endearing in this episode. I am back to loving her all over again. :lol
noyuuutsu1232lg5ss.jpg

Kyoto Animation contiues to show why they are the best in the biz, that concert scene was just unbelievable. And Haruhi is such a great show, it's so sad we only get two more episodes and that's it. DAMN YOU, KANON REMAKE! :lol I know we will probably get a second season maybe next year, but i don't know if i can wait that long. I will probably break and just read the novels. :D

Hero

Damn, this week's episode was awesome. I demand more Haruhi.

I'm tempted to start picking up the manga, but I love the anime so much. There's just something about the way they animate everything, so nice and clean. Very fun to watch.

Beezy

I can't stop watching that performance scene. This is definitely my favorite episode. I think I need a new avatar. :D

Pachael

7Th said:

The song animation was :O :O :O and it looked like it syncs perfectly with the music :O This is obviously where the animation budget went (from Ep 9, off course).

Zapages

I randomly chose an episode and it was episode 3 that I watched... It was very funny and enjoyable.. :lol :lol :lol

All I can think of is poor poor Mikaru-chan...

Hero

Holtz said:
For anyone that wants them, the complete songs for this episode of haruhi. God Knows and Lost my music, the one that got cut off. Aya Hirano is awesome.:D
hirano19sq.jpg

I can't believe Haruhi's voice actor is such an awesome singer. It surprised me when I found out that she does the opening and ending theme songs too. I never heard of her before this, what else has she done in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom