• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2k5(Powered by ESPN!) Xbox League: Have another $20 VC, Hell is freezing

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dm, fifty and matrix have all quit the league

FMT wishes he could too, but he was dumb enough to be the commish of an ESPN league

sucker.jpg

ShadowRed

Banned
This is so much BS. These guys should never be allowed to join any league, be it Madden or otherwise. I wouuld never play in a league with either one of these guy. If you join a league be man enough finish it and don't just bail and fuck it up for the rest of us. Matrix has done this every year that we have been trying to hold league play and yet FMT keeps letting him join up. For the record the game does sucks a mean donkey didck, but I have enough intergrity to play it out till the end rather than screw it for the rest of the guys who do like it.

LukeSmith

ShadowRed said:
This is so much BS. These guys should never be allowed to join any league, be it Madden or otherwise. I wouuld never play in a league with either one of these guy. If you join a league be man enough finish it and don't just bail and fuck it up for the rest of us. Matrix has done this every year that we have been trying to hold league play and yet FMT keeps letting him join up. For the record the game does sucks a mean donkey didck, but I have enough intergrity to play it out till the end rather than screw it for the rest of the guys who do like it.

I agree 100%

FMT wishes he could too, but he was dumb enough to be the commish of an ESPN league

:D

p.s. league advanced fellas

outcast2003, you can join up at any time. there are 3 teams available: seattle, houston and toronto. feel free to pick whichever you want. i forget the league password though... its probably on the front page

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
ShadowRed said:

They only care when someone does it to them, for example, Bog.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ram it's you and me man. Tomorrow night good for you? I'll probably be busy until about 11 est though. But hit me on AIM and we'll see whassup.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
ShadowRed said:

I have done this every year? WTF are you talking about douche bag? I played out my whole nba seasons till Bog fucked up season 2 or 3 cant remember,I played out the college ball till everyone quit playing,I played the Hockey league till it folded on its own and I played the first 2 or 3 seasons of NFL 2k5 till it got stale and random people quit.I think I quit one season in NFL after I was finally tired of the shitty game and using the Texans.I also have played all my fucking madden games,please fuck off.

PS- you should have never been allowed to join anymore gaming-age leagues after the shit you pulled in the ESPN NFL leagues when they first started.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Im also not going to feel quilty for people losing $20*ok maybe a little towards CK* on this fucked up game,I would hope even when people read these boards they can still decide on their own how they want to spend their money in the long run.I gave my reasons to why I got rid of the game,had I kept the game I would have played the league out,I got rid of the game so I lost money myself.

Everyone always knows in the long run that espn leagues fold around here,hardly do they ever go to full completion...some of you act like this is something new or that I'm the sole f-ing reason for this...which is a crock of shit.

I gave my impressions of the stupid game based on a few games I played againt Konex,I signed up for the league and the more I played I realized how fucking shitty the game was and it seemed even worse with the sliders.I also gave reasons to why I couldnt play anymore,which includes some things I didnt expect,like helping to take care of a sick newborn baby.

Btw if FMT or anyone else doesnt want me playing at all in any GA leagues any longer,then I'll walk away and I'll go on with my life...its pretty simple.

Matrix

Wellington said:
They only care when someone does it to them, for example, Bog.

Difference is when Bog plays games he plays them outside the rules of the "sim" league and then he went out of his way of quitting Madden without letting anyone know why or giving anyone a response.Maybe I should have played the Bog card and played 5 or 6 total games and played as unrealistic as possible and then quit,not telling any of you why and then continue to post on the board and not respond to anyone,yea that sounds good.

LukeSmith

Cloudy said:
FMT, reset the Dodgers/Cardinals game...

Yes. Sega's servers are balls.
I'm up 1-0 in the eigth and Cloudee is showing no signs of breaking through Mark Mulder's spectacular day at the office and it disconnects, mind you, my internet and cloudee's never went down on our own end.

this actually makes me want to quit.

Cloudy

Banned
Ramirez said:
A game that went 8 innings shouldn't be reset,IMO. :lol

Even a 1-0 game?

Anyways, there might be an option to reverse the W/L while keeping the stats. I just want my stats....

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Musashi Wins! said:
Tonight? Say around 8pm eastern?

Alright, I'll be here.

Matrix: There really is no way of defending it, and don't feel it's a personal attack on you, it's really us just venting on all of those that bailed (But since you were first I guess you feel obliged to respond). HGPlayer still fills out his obligation, even though it seems he doesn't like Madden very much and loses a lot more than he wins. You lost and didn't like the game and jumped ship not even one tenth of the way in.

I just don't get how someone goes from playing in a season to outright selling the game without telling anyone. What is the reasoning behind that? :lol

Matrix

I didnt sell it right away,I played my 3rd season game against DM one last time to see if I could put up with the game and I couldnt...so I got rid of it.I let FMT know on aim I was leaving the league.

I atleast mentioned getting rid of it in the thread,unlike dm and Fifty :p I also never quit the league before I sold it,I figured FMT found someone to take my place cause I was removed from the league before I sold the game.

I also listed my reasons for jumping ship sooner than later in my earlier posts.

"But since you were first I guess you feel obliged to respond"

I wasnt really going to respond or type up any more posts regarding the issue,but shadowass called me out and typed his usual "BS"

ShadowRed

Banned
Matrix said:
I have done this every year? WTF are you talking about douche bag? I played out my whole nba seasons till Bog fucked up season 2 or 3 cant remember,I played out the college ball till everyone quit playing,I played the Hockey league till it folded on its own and I played the first 2 or 3 seasons of NFL 2k5 till it got stale and random people quit.I think I quit one season in NFL after I was finally tired of the shitty game and using the Texans.I also have played all my fucking madden games,please fuck off.

PS- you should have never been allowed to join anymore gaming-age leagues after the shit you pulled in the ESPN NFL leagues when they first started.

Huh WTF are you talking about, beating your ass and then talking about it. Or beating your ass so bad that you pull the plug and then run to Kon and cry that I did it and refuse to play me again. Then pull the plug again in the second season, and when I pull the same cry like a butch routine you did on me, message everyone in the league and cry to them that you can't take your own medicine.

ShadowRed

Banned
French why did you give the other guy the win instead of me? He left town and I posted on the board trying to get intouch with him. He also doesn't have an Aim or MSN name so I couldn't contact him trough other means.

Anyhow MrBob I'm good to play anytime from now till Friday.

Mrbob

Hey, major league baseball games are official after five and a half innings so eight inning lock up seems legit for a win to the 1-0 victor!

Matrix

ShadowRed said:
Huh WTF are you talking about, beating your ass and then talking about it. Or beating your ass so bad that you pull the plug and then run to Kon and cry that I did it and refuse to play me again. Then pull the plug again in the second season, and when I pull the same cry like a butch routine you did on me, message everyone in the league and cry to them that you can't take your own medicine.

You need professional help.....really seek it out.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Musashi Wins! said:
Damn, count me in. Game pisses me off, but online leagues are online leagues.

AIM = caninusrule (I think I'm on your list already FMT)

I'll take the TIGERS!

You ready buddy!?

Confusing Jazz... looks like you and I are up for play.

When do you want to do this?

PM me and we'll set it up. I work till 5 so anytime after that is fine.

IW ILL KEEP THIS UP, I PROMISE. Even if I suck....

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Wellington said:
My window of opportunity for the game has come and gone! Tomorrow?

Sorry, didn't mean to pop in and out like that on LIVE. I meant to go wait in the lobby for a bit rather than playing some PD instead. What's your GT? I'll send you a friend invite tonight. Mine is caninusrule.

FMT... I'll be trying to play my league game this afternoon. About 6pm Eastern.

I'll try to get a hold of Confusing Jazz to get this done. See if I can fix that winless streak the Stros have going.

I'd like to thank Confusing Jazz for a great game. Pitchers duel to the bitter end.

1-0 in my favor.. the winless streak for the Stros is broken.

Outcast2004 said:
I'd like to thank Confusing Jazz for a great game. Pitchers duel to the bitter end.

1-0 in my favor.. the winless streak for the Stros is broken.

...fucking berkman jumping to snag that hr in the 7th, would have sealed up the game...

...man doesn't have an acl at the moment for chrissakes...

...but gg nonetheless

ConfusingJazz said:
...fucking berkman jumping to snag that hr in the 7th, would have sealed up the game...

...man doesn't have an acl at the moment for chrissakes...

...but gg nonetheless

The bitter ramblings of a scorned player..lol

Just the perfect timing to pull that HR down and crush your spirit. I'd be more pissed at Rincon for giving up the juicy slider that went over Minute Maid's left field wall.

Bitch of it is... guess who hit the homer? BERKMAN!

BTW, I looked a the lague scores.. EVERY GAME was 1-0. Odd.

Top Bottom