• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2k5(Powered by ESPN!) Xbox League: Have another $20 VC, Hell is freezing

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Konex: Any way I can save my lineup before the game? I do a lot of finagling to make sure that I get a good consistent lineup instead of the top-heavy one that they give me, I don't like making my opponent wait. Not a huge problem if I can't.

Cloudy

Banned
Nah, it's not like NHL where you can go on XBL and adjust stuff. You gotta do it at the screen before each game...

Ramirez

The ratings,like most VC games suck balls,Jody Gerut is a speed demon in the game,yet Coco Crisp who is much faster in real life is slow as shit.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
The ratings,like most VC games suck balls,Jody Gerut is a speed demon in the game,yet Coco Crisp who is much faster in real life is slow as shit.

:lol :lol :lol

Every time I hear his name on ESPN I chuckle.

I agree with you... Not that I am complaining, but A-Rod is rated 100, as is Sheffield, and Giambi is rated 92. :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm,its 5 mins to 8 and I just tried to get into the league again and its just sitting at "getting tournament state" still...fucking VC >_< I'll be back on around 9 to see if its working again....ughh so f-ing annoying.

Hey, I am leaving for my vacation tomorrow, and I won't be able to play again until sunday. Um, you can do whatever, I don't mind a forfiet that much, and I wouldn't mind playing an unofficial online game, or just being kicked out and having a replacement for a while or something. I want to keep playing in the league, just won't be able to in the next week.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
Dm,its 5 mins to 8 and I just tried to get into the league again and its just sitting at "getting tournament state" still...fucking VC >_< I'll be back on around 9 to see if its working again....ughh so f-ing annoying.

Lets go!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You around?! UGHHH GET ON AIM :lol

DMczaf

WTF? For the last 24 hours I havent been able to get into the league because it keeps crashing on "Getting the tournament state"!!!! :|

Matrix

Ok I just went out and sold my copy for 10$ store credit at eb...I fucking snapped not being able to get into the league lobby for over 24 hours,oh and for hating the game.I hope you people follow me in this act,I can again already feel a extreme amount of pressure and frustration lifted out of my body.

Matrix

Follow%20Me.JPG
Ram in this wonderful act.

Fifty

Matrix, you're a horrible person.

Never follow this guy! He'll buy a game, rave about it, and then be the first to sell it! I don't know who he's working for, but they're not good people.

Matrix

I work for the man upstairs!
god.jpg

Ramirez

Man the game isn't THAT bad...gotta think things through,if everyone starts quittin then everyone is out 20 bucks,that sucks.

Matrix

screaming_baby.gif

Ive lost my sanity in the last week!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
Man the game isn't THAT bad...gotta think things through,if everyone starts quittin then everyone is out 20 bucks,that sucks.

Fifty said:
Matrix, you're a horrible person.

Never follow this guy! He'll buy a game, rave about it, and then be the first to sell it! I don't know who he's working for, but they're not good people.

That's my point.

I was severely on the fence about MVP and MLB. Deciding factor was that MLB would have better online play and better online options (I don't play off-line games, let alone off-line seasons). I saw the enthusiasm for the game and hopped aboard the hype train. This is the case for every ESPN game. Do the rest of us, the guys that may not buy 30 sports games a year but like to be part of the GAF sports crowd a favor and please play a game to the point where you can make a conclusive decision before passing too much judgement.

Wellington said:
So I take it that MLB is the online game of choice for GAF? I only want to buy one game, and I am interested in joining this league. Fifty, Matrix, what do you guys think of both games? I've heard what FMT has to say, I want to hear what others think. I just don't want to get owned by some gamebreaking glitch and then all of a sudden we all abandon the game ala NBA.

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37667

Wellington said:
Well if Ram and Matrix give it their blessing, I guess I will pick it up. I actually went to the store just now and they were sold out. I will hopefully have it tomorrow.

If anyone has issue with me using the Yanks I could be persuaded to use another team. They are my favorite team but I understand they are a power team!

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?p=1064175#post1064175

Matrix

Relax ya'll,I still have the shitty game.I was just testing to see reactions if I were to get rid of it this soon,Dm and I are just fed up with not being able to play our league game.I was just messing around,but if this down time for the league stuff keeps up...well I will get rid of the game,cause I only bought it for league play.

CK,with the way leagues start around here and how quickly people like to get started well we never have enough time to fully test out games.3-5 days *in reality thats maybe a couple of games each day and I was playing against Konex* is not enough time to test out espn games,and whats odd to me is I find the game more fun to play offline then online now,I'm not sure if its the league sliders but my OF'S are f-ing dumber than when I use them offline.

Is the game still fun to me,yes,but its no MVP,I just get sick of Segas server issues and they never tell you whats wrong with them under the news like EA does.

Cloudy

Banned
Well, a peek at the ESPN boards shows the source of the problem:

We finally figured out what is causing this. If a team does not have enough active pitchers to create the team lineup the game crashes. It appears that through the normal "injuries" pitchers endure, some teams are losing pitchers faster than they get them back. We'll be able to prevent this with a server modification so no team ends up with fewer than 5 active pitchers (the magic number I guess). We hope to release early next week.

In the meantime, if you are the admin of a league that is "broken" either use the League Support option on the web site to request all injuries be reset or use the Injuries menu on the web site to uninjure pitchers until each team has at least 5 healthy pitchers. If no team has dropped below 9 total pitchers (that's not suppose to happen) then no team can have more than 4 injured pitchers.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience while we addressed the problem.

FMT is having them reset all injuries so after that, keep the following in mind till they modify the server :p

This is the info I got from Kush about how pitcher injuries are determined. Of course, if the pitcher suffers any other kind of injury or extra wear-n-tear the days might be a little different.

Basically, pitchers are injured for a certain length, which is determined by the number of innings they pitched in a game.

1-3 innings = 1 game injury
4-6 innings = 2 game injury
>6 innings = 3 game injury

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

oh you VC! YOU TRICKSTERS! I LOVE IT! AM I RITE GUYS???

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That's retarded. If I pitch 3 pitches per inning and get a perfect game based on grounders and fly outs, throwing 27 total pitches, my pitcher is injured for 3 days? Any starter would go out the next frookin day!

Fifty

Well that example might not be the best, because the way we're playing (realistically) a pitcher gets 4 days (games) rest...due to our sticking to a 5 man rotation.

ShadowRed

Banned
Wellington said:
That's retarded. If I pitch 3 pitches per inning and get a perfect game based on grounders and fly outs, throwing 27 total pitches, my pitcher is injured for 3 days? Any starter would go out the next frookin day!

Exactly. VC just got lazy and didn't want to program a proper fatigue routine, so they decided to go with some lame ass static injuries based on innings played rather than pitches thrown. I'm tired of complaining about VC games. Remember fellas you get what you pay for.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
The fatigue is messed up in this game. I had to go to the bullpen in the 4th. My starter was in the red throughout the entire 3rd inning. I might have thrown quite a bit of pitches but still that just doesn't seem right to me.

Mrbob

Heh, well I made you throw like 50 pitches in three innings dude! :lol No more garbage swinging for me!

Looks like the lowly Red Sox are about to get a beat down from Big Z!

Matrix

I CANT FUCKING TAKE THIS ABSURD PIECE OF CRAP GAME ANYMORE!

I'm sorry for anyone who spent $20 on it,as I did too.I and a few other people who had the game first really should have played it for more than a few days before we gave our impressions on it and saying it was worth it for league play.Again when it comes to playing espn games,they always look good on the surface and then more you play the more you realize you're a fucking idiot.

I cant take the matrix animations,the showboat moves in a sim game where a player can stick his glove up his ass and pull it out and still have time to catch the ball,the wacked out running game where sometimes your players keep running around the bases and they dont stop and go crashing into the catcher and the catcher doesnt tag and it leaves you saying wtf just put your glove down you fucking spastic retard,I cant stand the random hitting game,I cant stand the fucking fact that my team only has 3 relief pitchers in league play avaliable to me,the fact the ball parks feel like im playing in something no bigger than my toliet,the inside the park hr's cause my OF's decide to go from baby geniues to 70 year old stroke victims...FUCK THIS GAME AND FUCK YOU VC YOU WORTHLESS PILE OF POOPY...989 WILL GET MY MONEY NEXT YEAR!

I cant take 40 games of this,I have a new nephew who is always around now cause he's sick and my sis needs help,I have work,dentist appointments,I have madden league 3 and season 4,I have mvp baseball and I have psp stuff and oh I want some time for real life....I'm letting you know Im out for good,I can get 7-10$ now for it,so I wont feel like I lost all 20$.Ck I'm sorry this happened,if you feel the need to tag me with something like " shit for brains" feel free to do it,again im sorry for anyone I might have swayed,im no VC guy as most of you know,I really should have never posted impressions so quickly.

This game does not resemble a real game of baseball in any way.

Matrix

:lol If I really let it all go ...the online gaming forum would crash under my words.

Ramirez

So when are you advancing this FMT?Scoot and Caninus are the only game left...

DM I can play later today if he advances :)

round advanced. scoot i play you this week, when can you play?

p.s. i coin flipped your game vs. musashi and you lost :( direct your anger and resentment towards me

Mrbob

Once you get addicted to WoW there is no cure except to stop cold turkey. I played that game for like a month straight while barely playing anything else except for me league games. Which I almost didn't get in during that time. I forced myself to quit WoW because it is too addicting.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. i coin flipped your game vs. musashi and you lost :( direct your anger and resentment towards me

Hey that 3rd game was the best one so far.

FUCK AM HATE WHAT HAS BECOME OF ESPN BASEBALL SHIT.

Sorry I missed my game. Still, if the quarter would like to stand in for the rest of the season I'd be willing to listen.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I'm planning on it, didn't mean to get lost on that one. If I'm ever being forgetful drop me a PM and I'll make immediate rock solid plans to be there for a game.

I think Matrix was having a nervous breakdown and people should go easy on him.

Matrix

What if you joined with every intention to play but then decided during season play that the game was utterly crappy and sold it off...does this make you evil? I mean we all have done that with past espn games,why end the streak? :p

Matrix

It's godawful....I cant help but feel this way about it,the fact that I play a ton of MVP might also be clouding my views on it.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
round advanced. scoot i play you this week, when can you play?

I'll direct the Anger of Albert Pujols bat to you this week. It's been a crazy week, and I hadn't seen or heard from Musashi and the leagues were down and up and whatnot. No worries. I still haven't *actually* been beat.

I'm on AIM all day at work. Hit me and we can schedule a time. Though I have a Sin City screening this afternoon...

Top Bottom