• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB 2k5(Powered by ESPN!) Xbox League: Have another $20 VC, Hell is freezing

Mrbob

Cloudy said:
The relievers and closers will still be available to use, guys. Have any of you even played season mode? o_O

With MVP fantastic franchise mode why would I even touch MLB2K5 season mode?!

:lol :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
We might have a problem here if ESPN doesn't amp up their servers. Whenever Wellie and I play we get some serious freakin lag. Like unplayable serious.
He has said in the past that he gets a bit when we play Madden but I've never noticed anything (maybe that's why he always beats me, hmmmmm). But if the lag stays this way then our games wont happen.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GUYS MY GAME WILL MALLEY IS GOING TO HAPPEN NOW OH SHIT!

Should be done in an hour. Should I swing at every first pitch and ground out everytime to make it faster?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol Looks like leagues are down. :lol :lol :lol

We should just do one day rounds. I think that will work well for everyone.

Fuck it, just give me the loss since you guys are so antsy to play. Leagues are down though, so don't know how much that will help.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
sorry guys , had a conference in Long Island, and although i left at 2 to head home, I just got back (6 and a half hours later) thanks to snow and accidents.... so I am here and now espngames is down... :lol

I don't know why, but I think this has something to do with the cubs. Way to go cubs, sucking isn't enough for you, you guys have to make everything suck...

Mrbob

WqdUKo67.jpg

:lol

relax dude everyone just wants to play, no harm done

p.s. if the game isn't finished by tonight (which apparently it can't be), then it won't advance until thursday because i wont be home at all tomorrow (wednesday i basically go to school/work from about 7am-10pm)

league advanced friends. just a couple things of note:

1. look @ the league page to see advancement date
2. i will deal with all "pending" trades right before i advance each week. so, if you need to make a trade, it's going to wait to the end of the current week to be approved

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
You mean who's the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? That would be me. Angels started off their season with a devastating 2-1 loss to the Cardinals in the 19th inning. A day later it still hurts just as bad.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Malleymal said:
LOLLLLL... gg man

Yeah dude, Palmeiro is JUICED. 2 solo bombs that won the game, sheesh.

Man I shouldn't have gone with the Yankees. I prefer NL style small ball and this team just isn't equipped for it. The one run I had I manufactured. Lead off hit, stolen base, bunt over to third and a fielders choice score. Twice in the late innings I led off with a baserunner into scoring position. A double, and a triple. Both times I could do nothing. I tried a suicide squeeze but I fucked up and missed the bunt twice, so I ended up having to swing away. And JEEZUS, getting thrown out at home SUCKS.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well FMT I'm gone tomorrow morning until Friday night. And I wont be available till after 11 mountain time Friday. Is there anyway to overturn scores yet? Cause if you need to advance because I'm out of town for a couple of days we could play Saturday afternoon outside the league play and have that score count.
I would really appreciate it if everyone could wait but I understand if you are all excited to get going.
Just don't make me miss two games. Please.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
WHoever I play... Just write here or IM me with the time you are available... I am good tonight after 9 or so maybe earlier, look me up on AIM mrblacknj

I'm looking to play tonight (Wednesday). I'll be available after 5 pm eastern.

Anyone up for a game or two? PM Me.

BTW, I've noticed some SERIOUS lag plaing games on ESPN as well. I've blown a perfect game because the lag during a pitch. They really need to get this fixed and soon.

Fifty

Man this game is shitty. Chan Ho Park is a stud! Well, I won't touch on that, because I swung when I didn't need to (still too hard to read pitches without a good check swing).....but those two runs you scored (2-0 win) were just ridiculous! On the first one, my fielder was too slow (I agree with whoever said that) and a shitty hit turned into a triple. On the next run, my third base man did the usual slo mo animation for a fly, this one just a foot out of the infield (man, we had a ton of infield popups) except he missed it. Insane error leads to another error. We might have gone on all day if it wasn't for the slow fielders and the retarded non catch. At least they can catch anything if it's a foul!

Ramirez

Oh man...anyone find it extremely funny that almost every victory in the league has come down to who hits the most HRs? :lol

mlhaynes4

just so you all know... if you have to face wellie and mike mussina...

THE KNUCKLE CURVE IS NAAAAASSSTTTYYYYYY!!

11 K's... i hope i dont have flashbacks from this

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
mlhaynes4 said:

No where near as bad as Tim Wakefield's knuckle ball. :( It tap dances all over the screen, and then seeing a changeup after it is blazingly fast, let alone a fastball.

Anybody else besides me hate that when the shortstop tries to dive for a ball, so does the outfielder, letting the winning run in, cause I know I hate it...

Oh, and I had another inside the park homer off ramierz.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Mattttrrriiiix where are you.

Ive been babysitting my nephew and helping my sis out who are over at my house..sorry man,we can play tomorrow night.

mlhaynes4 said:

Kevin Millwoods nasty curve ball is just as leathal. 16 Ks in one online game. ONE FREAKING HIT away from a perfect game. Got to the bottom of the 7th a curve went awry and floated over the middle. Base hit... shit.

SOMEONE PM ME! I WANT TO PLAY TONIGHT!!! DAMMIT I NEED MY FIX!

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
ConfusingJazz said:
FUCKIN' A, all my pitchers used today, even those used for one inning, are now out for 2 days, total BULLSHIT!

Yea, my set-up man went an inning and a half, so he's gone. Lame as shit. I'll look for whoever I'm supposed to play tonight. I play this stupid game not at all outside of these games now, so have at me!

mlhaynes4

Wellington said:
No where near as bad as Tim Wakefield's knuckle ball. :( It tap dances all over the screen, and then seeing a changeup after it is blazingly fast, let alone a fastball.

LMAO... yeah that change up you're talking about would be Tim Wakefield's fastball. He doesnt have a change-up. But come on Wellie... you know a 60 MPH knuckle, then a 78 MPH fastball is easier to adjust to then a dirty ass knucklecurve coming at 70 and then a 94 MPH fastball.

Mrbob

Out to lunch, eh Matrix? You never returned! :lol

We need to get our game in tonight! I won't be home until 5PM Central.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Musashi Wins! said:
Yea, my set-up man went an inning and a half, so he's gone. Lame as shit. I'll look for whoever I'm supposed to play tonight. I play this stupid game not at all outside of these games now, so have at me!

AIM - Mrblacknj, lets get this going

Mrbob

Game two and the league has already gone down the shitter. Is this a new ESPN league record?!

Matrix realizes the only chance he has to beat me is on a 50/50 coin toss!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bob,ill be on aim at 6 pm eastern time *we can get this fun game in*,sorry about yesterday,like Ram said ...helping taking care of a 6 week old baby is taking up some of my time.I went out to lunch and my sis ended up coming over :(

Wait ,can you play now?

Matrix

Ok,so Mr.Booby I'll be on aim at 6pm eastern time...I expect you show up with a smile on your face and dont cry after you lose..you know the rules of baseball.

Top Bottom