• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL October thread - where fashion is sent to die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaC

Gold Member
Foil said:
"It's the most wonderful time of the year"... NHL kicks it into gear tonight, MLB playoffs are underway, NFL going strong, the NBA right around the corner, and lots of good games being released. Best time of the year.

too many leagues at same time. That's why NHL is lagging behind.

Malakhov

Banned
Finally the season starts.

I'm so happy everyone's underrating the Habs. I've been following their youngsters for a while and if they perform like I think they should this season, then we're good to go straight to the playoffs, if not well it'll be next season.

Just terribly disappointed that O'Byrne was sent down but I think the Habs are working out on a deal, this is probably why they're showcasing Dandeneault on the 4th line tonight instead of just scratching him.

And tonight is the first time I'll be able to watch my Habs on my 51 incher HDTV set in high definition, f'king awesome...

GO HABS GO

Kingpen

good for Heatley and Ottawa... He is a very consistant player... They say his extension is front loaded, so I wonder if he is the top paid player in the first year of it.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
scissorfight said:
heading out for pre-game drinks on the way to the joe

DUCKS ARE GOING DOWN

NHL IS BACK BITCHES

ZETTERBERG MANCRUSH BACK IN FULL EFFECT

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
:lol good times. hockey's back wooooo!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Glad to see we'll avoid a Buffalo next summer. Now it's all on Spezza.

Malakhov said:
I'm so happy everyone's underrating the Habs. I've been following their youngsters for a while and if they perform like I think they should this season, then we're good to go straight to the playoffs, if not well it'll be next season.

Did you cut and paste this post from October 3rd, 2006?

Wolf

GO HABS GO
It's fitting that Kovalev takes the first penalty of the season and also costs Montreal a goal...

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Huet just made the save of the season, reached back and stopped the puck with his stick!

It'll be on the highlights for sure.

calder

I just set my channel favourites to include the Centre Ice stations. Waching the Ducks/Wings for a bit.... it is absolutely sickening how pumped I am about this. :lol Not hte games, just having Centre Ice.

Oh man, flipping to the ALDS, I fucking love this time of year.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
someone explain to me why Toskola isn't in net, without using meaningless preseason stats?

oh-uh the boo birds are allready on "razor".

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Wolf said:
someone explain to me why Toskola isn't in net, without using meaningless preseason stats?

oh-uh the boo birds are allready on "razor".

because the #1 job is his job to lose... and he's doing great at doing it

loleafs I cannot believe people in this city actually think this is a good team.
Not trolling but jesus fucking christ come on already.
Huge hype for a new goalie and they don't even use him.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Foil said:
Poor Razor. The crowd is already giving him the business. :lol
they'd give it to toskala just the same. for a crowd that's been losing for 40 years, you'd think they'd be used to it

Fifty

sefskillz said:
they'd give it to toskala just the same. for a crowd that's been losing for 40 years, you'd think they'd be used to it

The thing about our crowd is...the longer we lose, the higher our expectations rise.

Nice to see Antropov playing well. I used to hate him so much during the Quinn era. I'd wonder why he was on the ice as he lumbered around like a golem. Our first line looks real tight. Raycroft looks..well, as good as his last save.

Foil

djkimothy said:
You know, if Raycroft is pulled, at least Toronto has Toskala to fall back on. Who's the back up for Gerber? Guard?

Elliot I think. Not sure if Guard is with the organization anymore.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Ducks with 3 shots in the first period (Detroit with only 7?!).
wtf is going on there in Detroit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom