• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL October thread - where fashion is sent to die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

If the Ducks gift that decrepit old pos Hasek a SO due to their "jet lag" (read: lazyness) I'm going to be pissed.

EDIT: Never thought I'd say this, but thank-you Bertuzzi

DopeyFish said:
because the #1 job is his job to lose... and he's doing great at doing it

Maurice was saying he will not state early on before games which of the two will be starting because he doesn't want to "tip off" the opposition since it might affect how they scout and prepare for the "differing" styles of Raycroft and Toskala..

Oh God...:lol

Manics

Banned
ForzaItalia said:
Maurice was saying he will not state early one before games which of the two will be starting because he doesn't want to "tip off" the opposition since it might affect how they scout and prepare for the "differing" styles of Raycroft and Toskala..

Oh God...:lol

"Differing styles" -- Raycroft lets in the first shot, Toskala saves it but may let in the rebound.

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Habs hanging in tough in Rally, 1-1 going into the third. They've been undisciplined, but the pk unit looks great, and Huet looks even better.

THANK GOD HOCKEYS BACK.

Karakand

Karakand said:
A to the Maaaaaaaaac
B to the izzay
That's the anthem throw your damn hands up
Never mind that was Getzlaugh (lol Yahoo! gametracker)

Big Bert showing his last home what he thought of them with 1G 1A.

Phthisis

Oh wow the Red Wings/Ducks game is great. Lidstrom just fired one that went off Bryzgalov and hit the post dead center and bounced away. An inch the other way and that was a goal. Great pace.

Manics

Banned
ForzaItalia said:
Who needs the PP?....hehe

Stajan....3-2

Real pleased. Right after Stajan got walloped on a hit he stays on and scores a goal. That's the heart baby!

P.S. Gerber outplaying Raycroft. Could easily be 4-1 Leafs right now.

Manics said:
Real pleased. Right after Stajan got walloped on a hit he stays on and scores a goal. That's the heart baby!

P.S. Gerber outplaying Raycroft. Could easily be 4-1 Leafs right now.

Come on dude...Raycroft made a nice save on that breakaway to keep it at 2-2...

EDIT: Why is Redden fighting the likes of Battaglia and Newbury??!! I'd be steaming if I was the coach....Leafs will gladly take that trade-off all the time...

Manics

Banned
ForzaItalia said:

Exactly, that's the one shot that should have been a goal...hence 4-1 Leafs.

Redden with blood all over his face, surprisingly he still has a pouty face. :lol

ForzaItalia said:

EDIT: Why is Redden fighting the likes of Battaglia and Newbury??!! I'd be steaming if I was the coach....Leafs will gladly take that trade-off all the time...

Yeah, Raycroft has had to make a lot of saves against the Ottawa penalty killers of all things.

Maurice and JFJ would make great war tacticians. I now see their plan. Beat the Sens with your weaker goalie and then send in your A-bomb (Toskala) to complete the blitzkrieg in Ottawa...

Brilliant...genius...

epik

BUT, he should have had the 2nd goal.. that's for sure! ..

Great grit from the leafs, loving the forecheck!

Manics

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Yeah, Raycroft has had to make a lot of saves against the Ottawa penalty killers of all things.

Raycroft was better in the 2nd period I'll give him that. Those 2 first period goals were brutal though. Could have been nerves knowing the fans are ready to jump all over him.

Karakand

After getting dominated Ducks still get a point. Don't like it but I'll take it.

P.S. Shootout suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Karakand said:
After getting dominated Ducks still get a point. Don't like it but I'll take it.

P.S. Shootout suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux.
it could be worse. they coulda lost on a bad call at homeplate or got domoinated in game 1 of the playoffs 4-0

Fifty

Fuck Danny Heatley. Why did he have to go to the Sens? Hossa was a bitch we could handle.

At least the Leafs got a point!

:(

calder

Lol at least waymoresports.ca and slam.ca will be worth reading tomorrow.

Leaf fans should start booing Heater instead of Alfie. ;)

X26

Banned
:lol

Right where they left off. Raycroft sucks, and they can't hold a lead in the 3rd.

Maurice is a moron for not starting Toskala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom