• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Olympic 2010 Hockey Thread of dreams and failures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hootie

korc2.png

Keith-Seabrook is the best pairing in hockey right now...both are elite players.

Only a drunk Wayne Gretzky ala Torino would keep them off the team.

pringles

Russian lines from practice:

Semin–Datsyuk-Ovechkin
Afinogenov–Malkin–Kovalchuk

Morozov–Zinovjev–Zaripov
Kozlov–Fedorov–Radulov

om nom nom nom

darkwings

Banned
the games today!

USA vs Switzerland

FEBRUARY 16 • 12 PM ET • 3 PM ET • 9 PM CET

Canada vs Norway

Date & Time: Tuesday, February 16th @ 4:30 PM

Canada Roster

Nash - Crosby - Bergeron
Marleau - Thornton - Heatley
Staal - Getzlaf - Perry
Morrow - Toews - Iginla
(Richards)

Niedermayer - Weber
Keith - Seabrook
Pronger - Boyle
(Doughty)

Luongo
(Brodeur)
Fleury

Norway Roster

Skrøder - Vikingstad - Thoresen
Olimb - Bastiansen - Aasen
Røymark - Hansen - Holtet
Ask - Forsberg - Spets
(Ylven)

Jakobsen - Holøs
Kaunismäki - Trygg
Lund - Bonsaksen
Tollefsen

Grotnes
(Smith)
Lysenstøen

Russia vs Latvia

FEBRUARY 16 • 9 PM PT • 12 AM ET • 6 AM CET (Feb. 17) • 8 AM MT (Feb. 17)

Lach

Hootie said:
They really should just give up now before they get crushed

In the name of all swiss people around the world: We'll make you choke on those words....

We will totally get crushed though. If we manage to score a goal we'll be celebrating as if' we won the gold medal

darkwings

Banned
US lineup!

9 Zach Parise
26 Paul Stastny
88 Patrick Kane

12 Ryan Malone
16 Joe Pavelski
81 Phil Kessel

23 Dustin Brown
17 Ryan Kesler
15 Jamie Langenbrunner

54 Bobby Ryan
42 David Backes
24 Ryan Callahan

America fuck yeah!

Lach said:
In the name of all swiss people around the world: We'll make you choke on those words....

We will totally get crushed though. If we manage to score a goal we'll be celebrating as if' we won the gold medal
Didn't you guys beat Canada last time?

Rad-

Some guesses to help boredom:

Ovechkins will win. They're so freaking strong right now. Canada will be good but can't stand the pressure and will choke at some point. Sweden will get to top three, most likely silver. Finland will disappoint this time, there's something about their team that just feels off to me. USA might surprise because their team is teh suck and all of their opposition teams will underestimate them and then lose.

Smash88

Banned
IcedTea said:
What the fuck.

Don't get me wrong, Canada is a great team, but it could've definitely been approved upon.

Also does anyone have a streaming link for the USA vs Switzerland game?

kassatsu

Banned
Smash88 said:
Don't get me wrong, Canada is a great team, but it could've definitely been approved upon.

Also does anyone have a streaming link for the USA vs Switzerland game?
Isn't CTV streaming it if you are in canada?

Smash88

Banned
Dr.Guru of Peru said:
Smash88, please STFU and stop commenting on anything not related to the Pens. You are absolutely clueless.

Woah woah there. Calm down buddy. Don't get your panties in a bunch. :lol

Oh and CTV has curling. :p

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
LOL why is anyone even replying to Smash, the fact that he questioned why Keith and Seabrook are on the team is just ludicrous.

Smash88

Banned
R_GILL said:
LOL why is anyone even replying to Smash, the fact that he questioned why Keith and Seabrook are on the team is just ludicrous.

What is with all this rage? I can't state my opinion now? What the hell? I'm not questioning why Keith is on the team, I'm just questioning why Seabrook is? Hell I could think of another player that could take his place and add more offense to the mix. But what's the point, I'll just get yelled at for my opinion, since you guys are getting upset over something so trivial as sports.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Smash88 said:
What is with all this rage? I can't state my opinion now? What the hell? I'm not questioning why Keith is on the team, I'm just questioning why Seabrook is? Hell I could think of another player that could take his place and add more offense to the mix. But what's the point, I'll just get yelled at for my opinion, since you guys are getting upset over something so trivial as sports.

Why would the defense need more offense, the rest of them are all top 11 in the league in points for defensemen. Seabrook is there because he and Keith are great together and probably the best pairing in the NHL.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
so there's no hope for Americans that NBC will also show the Canada and Russia games today, right? i'm gonna have to find a way to stream online?

Smash88

Banned
R_GILL said:
Why would the defense need more offense, the rest of them are all top 11 in the league in points for defensemen. Seabrook is there because he and Keith are great together and probably the best pairing in the NHL.

They are good (I don't know why everyone feels I'm knocking on their skill...), it's just there are better offensive and defensive players that could've been chosen. Why was Morrow or even Bergeron picked over, lets say Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier? Why was Seabrook picked over Mike Green or Dion Phaneuf....this is all beyond me.

Now they stick Iginla to line 4? Just because his team is faltering? That is unfair.

PBY

Banned
whytemyke said:
so there's no hope for Americans that NBC will also show the Canada and Russia games today, right? i'm gonna have to find a way to stream online?
wait what? ffffffffuuuuu.... i just assumed that usa would televise them, but my tvguide says no (and that nbc won't show it either)

what the fuck nbc... gotta find a stream too i guess

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Smash88 said:
They are good (I don't know why everyone feels I'm knocking on their skill...), it's just there are better offensive and defensive players that could've been chosen. Why was Morrow or even Bergeron picked over, lets say Stamkos, St. Louis, Lecavalier? Why was Seabrook picked over Mike Green or Dion Phaneuf....this is all beyond me.

Now they stick Iginla to line 4? Just because his team is faltering? That is unfair.

Phaneuf sucked this year before being traded to the Leafs
Green is a forward playing as a defenseman
Lecavalier started out horribly, and didn't really heat up until after the team was announced

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
peterb0y said:
wait what? ffffffffuuuuu.... i just assumed that usa would televise them, but my tvguide says no (and that nbc won't show it either)

what the fuck nbc... gotta find a stream too i guess
:lol it's funny when I thought about it, i was like "sweet, hockey all day." then realized that most people only care about americans during the olympics and realized there would be no hockey. frickin lame!

and yzerman built team canada, eh? Dammit. i'm a wing fan... so I guess I gotta root for team canada to get silver this year.

dammit yzey, why'd you take that job?!

Smash88

Banned
R_GILL said:
Phaneuf sucked this year before being traded to the Leafs
Green is a forward playing as a defenseman
Lecavalier started out horribly, and didn't really heat up until after the team was announced

Fair enough about Phaneuf. But Green has good defensive as well as offensive talent that he could bring to the team. Lecavalier did start horribly, but now is on fire. I would want players that are on fire going in, not someone you felt was right two months prior.

Again, I can't really say, since I still have yet to see their chemistry on ice. Even if it is against an uneven matchup. I still would've liked to see some of the better offensive talent put into the Olympic team.

Honestly, I hope I'm completely wrong about all my worries and thoughts of the team. Just for some reason I feel it doesn't click. Again this is all IMO, so take it for what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom