• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS3 Custom Theme Thread

AndyD

aka andydumi
Full Recovery said:
Animated themes are created using a PS3 devkit?

:(

I thought just the SDK, not a devkit. If a devkit, they are only 2000, so we need to start a collection for m0dus.

Update:

Just a quick update, the entire nyleveia site is going to be down for the next 12-48 hours, due to server limitations/incompatibilities that the provider were unwilling to resolve, i've switched provider and as such the domain will need time to propogate the changes fully.
The themes can still be downloaded from here :
Index of /~nyleveia/Themes

Will update as things change.

Just as a final note, there are some subtle differences between development and retail emerging (nothing major, just slight variations in dimension/position), so there's a slight chance that upon 3.00's release the bar may be slightly out of alignment, if that happens to be the case i will have the files updated and ready (virtually an hour or so after i test on retail). so no worries there.

noah111

Still Alive
That's good to hear, at least he'll be ready. :D Plus, I think there is a bit of an 'error' in the Aniom Taiga FW3.0 theme, it's like a shadow or an imprint on the background wallpaper of the settings icons, somewhat odd and a tad annoying to see all the time. Anyone else notice that?

De-mon

Working in my own Tekken 6 t-shirt. It´s very similar to the official t-shirt :D

2nu7yc1.jpg

From PS3 Custom Theme to PS3 custom wear!

filopilo

AndyD said:
I thought just the SDK, not a devkit. If a devkit, they are only 2000, so we need to start a collection for m0dus.

I think it' would be pretty easy for sony to release public tools for animated themes.
The only problem i see is that you need a 3d package that supports collada format.

filopilo said:
I think it' would be pretty easy for sony to release public tools for animated themes.
The only problem i see is that you need a 3d package that supports collada format.

The thing about that is, it seems Sony wants to cash in off this idea. I'll support it if they choose that route. I'm willing to pay as long as they are as cool as the two that are out now. I'm definitely going to purchase the Killzone theme. Uncharted will be awesome as well. It'll be Drake just halfway tucking in his shirt.

BeeDog

user friendly said:
The thing about that is, it seems Sony wants to cash in off this idea. I'll support it if they choose that route. I'm willing to pay as long as they are as cool as the two that are out now. I'm definitely going to purchase the Killzone theme. Uncharted will be awesome as well. It'll be Drake just halfway tucking in his shirt.

Has there been any actual news about that, or is it simply assumption from your side (that it will eventually come)?

Belgand

I've noticed a problem with the updated Aniom. Somehow with v3 the background is now missing entirely and defaulting back to "original". I've checked to verify that the proper wallpaper is selected and everything is fine with other themes and the original versions of Aniom, but not with v3. I'm using them on an SD TV and get the same problem with both resolutions.

Oh, and what's the deal with v3c? The links are bad and there's no indication of what's new.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Not sure if anyone will want this, but I got bored and thought I'd try making a PS3 theme. It's my first, and it's a Meteos theme. I love the world art for the game, so here are some of the backgrounds of the theme. The icons are the assorted aliens.

Suburbion:
w2k0f4.png

Forte:
28c1vkm.png

Grannest:
x44x7r.png

Wiral:
3509y03.png

The Metamo Ark:
eqaseb.png

(There are 16 total)
All backgrounds are 1920x1080, it works fine on my 720p tv, so I'm not sure if it matters.

Click here to download.

klier

Can I download Aniom/Taiga straight from this GAF website to my PS3 Slim if I browse the internet with the PS3 www browser?

Edit,
looks like I can, cause I just did..... looks awesome!:D

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looks like I didn't post my UC2 theme here, so might as well, to keep it all in one thread:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fymtzvmmr2e

I have for the most part took my UC1 theme as a base for this one, but a lot of the stuff is changed, whether to reflect what's happening in the second game, or just in general to make it look better. For example, the old handycam camera is gone and replaced with a pro broadcast camera, treasure chest now has snow on it, the dagger featured in game is there, etc. It looks like this:

15p1sfc.jpg

These are the five backgrounds it has:

n6ssvd.jpg

JB1981

Lord Error said:
Looks like I didn't post my UC2 theme here, so might as well, to keep it all in one thread:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fymtzvmmr2e

I have for the most part took my UC1 theme as a base for this one, but a lot of the stuff is changed, whether to reflect what's happening in the second game, or just in general to make it look better. For example, the old handycam camera is gone and replaced with a pro broadcast camera, treasure chest now has snow on it, the dagger featured in game is there, etc. It looks like this:

15p1sfc.jpg

These are the five backgrounds it has:

n6ssvd.jpg

how do i download this from the ps3 browser?

AndyD

aka andydumi
StateofMind said:
Wow, those are amazing. Here I thought I'd have to stick to the default dynamic theme until free ones started to get offered up.

Theres three free ones. Afrika on japanese store, Wipeout on Euro store and Motorstorm maybe on US store, I forget which.

I like the Afrika one a lot.

Benedict

I got a "new" PS3 now as my old one broke.
I am looking for some pictures of flags I found earlier on Neogaf for my different PSN accounts.
Does anybody know where I can find them?
They were round with different flags.
In need the Swedish, American and Japanese flag.

Last time I looked was almost two years ago.
Are they still available somewhere?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Benedict said:
I got a "new" PS3 now as my old one broke.
I am looking for some pictures of flags I found earlier on Neogaf for my different PSN accounts.
Does anybody know where I can find them?
They were round with different flags.
In need the Swedish, American and Japanese flag.

Last time I looked was almost two years ago.
Are they still available somewhere?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227219

Foob

so i got a ps3 for christmas and i am having a bit of difficulty getting this aniom taiga theme to work on my system. I downloaded it through the browser, but when I go to apply it, the only thing that changes are the music/games/pics/etc icons..the background remains the original, along with everything else..What am i doing wrong, friends?

gokieks

Foob said:
so i got a ps3 for christmas and i am having a bit of difficulty getting this aniom taiga theme to work on my system. I downloaded it through the browser, but when I go to apply it, the only thing that changes are the music/games/pics/etc icons..the background remains the original, along with everything else..What am i doing wrong, friends?

In theme settings you can select between theme, user-set, and default wallpapers. Check what you have it set to.

SToRM

Personally I don't like it if a background has to many colours or if it is too distracting. I like clean backgrounds on which my icons are clearly visible.

The best background I currently have is this one from Kratos: click

I have resized it to fit my screen without the text on the bottom and it is perfect! It would be even better if I would have a fitting theme with bright orange icon's, but maybe I will give it a try myself :)

Top Bottom