• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Or how about you just pick the White Sox if that's really what you want, and I'll kick your ass using the Fish regardless of the stakes
Calm down, Smokey. I just want to beat you for a team. Its been 3-4 years since I've done it. Smokey.

Ill take the Sox if you fill out that division, :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
oatmeal, is that you?

Baseball-Player-Tries-To-Hold-In-The-Laughter-During-Zoom.gif

If we are talking about trades already Zack Cozart is on the block.

Fished my first league settings game against the Indians in my offline franchise. HOF hitting is, meh.. just not fun.

Cingrani 6 IP, 7 strike outs, gave up 2 hits.
I got 8 hits. One of them a 2 run HR and ended up winning 3 - 2 .

I don't know about you, but those stats look pretty realistic

I would much rather make hitting harder so that we separate the patient ones from the hackers, but if it becomes way too unreasonable then I'm open to change, but so far I haven't seen anything that says "pitching is too OP"

but like I said earlier when I did HOF I had no problem wiping out the shitty White Sox pitching!

I've been using all star hitting in my online games with randoms and most of the time it's kinda easy. HOF shouldn't be much of a problem even though I tend to swing a lot! I'm going switch to HOF and try a few games before we get started.

I also feel that more often on all-star people can get foul hits too easily...if someone throws a ball high out of the zone to entice you, and you swing and your PCI stayed right in the middle you shouldn't get another pitch it should be a K.

But keep demoing away!

v1lla21

I've been using all star hitting in my online games with randoms and most of the time it's kinda easy. HOF shouldn't be much of a problem even though I tend to swing a lot! I'm going switch to HOF and try a few games before we get started.
Tis true. I don't find all star to be any problem but if lowering helps then I'm all for it. Will there be no strike zones? I find it fun playing like that with Crimson.

DietRob

I don't know about you, but those stats look pretty realistic

I would much rather make hitting harder so that we separate the patient ones from the hackers, but if it becomes way too unreasonable then I'm open to change, but so far I haven't seen anything that says "pitching is too OP"

but like I said earlier when I did HOF I had no problem wiping out the shitty White Sox pitching!

Oh, yea it's definitely realistic just not always fun. I'll quit bitching.

Just finished a game on HOF. I won 1-0 but I had 11 hits only 6 strikeouts. My opponent only had 3 hits and struck out 13 times. It should be fine like that. Most, if not all, of us are probably better than the average random player.

You want to try a game Rob? You're already on my friends list and I'm on if you want to play one.

Oh, yea it's definitely realistic just not always fun. I'll quit bitching.

Your bitching is necessary to make this the best league possible!

Tis true. I don't find all star to be any problem but if lowering helps then I'm all for it. Will there be no strike zones? I find it fun playing like that with Crimson.

Yeah no strike zones. I personally hate seeing that stupid box it distracts me. Plus the umpires rob me all the time anyways!

We are also turning off guess pitch, hot zones, and quick counts. Now I've been turning off hot zones because I thought it would appear during play, but I'm actually not sure if it turns off a hitter's hot/cold zones completely...which is something I would NOT want.

I'll test that later---I do think hot zones should exist but like the strike zone I would prefer not to see a bunch of blue and red squares before/while I bat

DietRob

Just finished a game on HOF. I won 1-0 but I had 11 hits only 6 strikeouts. My opponent only had 3 hits and struck out 13 times. It should be fine like that. Most, if not all, of us are probably better than the average random player.

You want to try a game Rob? You're already on my friends list and I'm on if you want to play one.

I can't right now. Got a few projects to finish up for work. If you are on later tonight say around 10 or 11p ET I can go.

I'll test that later---I do think hot zones should exist but like the strike zone I would prefer not to see a bunch of blue and red squares before/while I bat
I'm pretty sure it only shows the hot/cold zones before the first pitch of the AB

v1lla21

Your bitching is necessary to make this the best league possible!

Yeah no strike zones. I personally hate seeing that stupid box it distracts me. Plus the umpires rob me all the time anyways!

We are also turning off guess pitch, hot zones, and quick counts. Now I've been turning off hot zones because I thought it would appear during play, but I'm actually not sure if it turns off a hitter's hot/cold zones completely...which is something I would NOT want.

when I've played with Crimson, we've turned off everything and none of the hot zones appear so it's fine. So stoked :D

Even if the blue and red squares disappear I still think it's weird as shit.

The mind games would be something else though. What do you guys think

I can't right now. Got a few projects to finish up for work. If you are on later tonight say around 10 or 11p ET I can go.

Ok cool I'll more than likely be on then.

Even if the blue and red squares disappear I still think it's weird as shit.

The mind games would be something else though. What do you guys think

I don't really like the zones on either.

Edit: which roster are we going to use?

DietRob

Ah, good I was hoping we were using OSFM.

Might want to take a poll about their sliders too

DietRob

It's so stupid that you can't just boot up the game and accept online challenges. Why do I have to launch an online component to see invites. Thanks San Diego

It's so stupid that you can't just boot up the game and accept online challenges. Why do I have to launch an online component to see invites. Thanks San Diego
I always wondered if that was just me it is fucking stupid
also me and fmt are doing rockies @ royals with 79 and 78 overall pitchers

DietRob

this is bullshit. it's like my bat is going right through the ball

also i didn't even throw that pitch you hit the HR on. I guess it throws automatic meatballs when you sit idle posting on gaf

DietRob

So yea. It's not doing well tonight. I have no idea what is happening this half inning but what I'm seeing on my screen is people standing around not picking up the ball then next thing I know I'm on 2nd then tagged out.

Hope this is just a one night thing....

Also I kind of feel like I should just go ahead and make the league. I mean who else are we waiting on? We've already got like 20 people

DietRob

Well that's just fucking great. Finally tied it up and batting in the bottom of 9 and the damn thing loses connection. This is the second time I've gone through an entire game only to get shitted on in the last inning.

Game is trash

Well that's just fucking great. Finally tied it up and batting in the bottom of 9 and the damn thing loses connection. This is the second time I've gone through an entire game only to get shitted on in the last inning.

Game is trash

Yea I was in a middle of a pitch and it just crashed out to the playstation menu with some error. Game was kinda laggy tonight I should have had a couple more runs. I figured you didn't throw that hr pitch I've noticed it'll throw a fastball down the middle if you take too long.

DietRob

Yea I was in a middle of a pitch and it just crashed out to the playstation menu with some error. Game was kinda laggy tonight I should have had a couple more runs. I figured you didn't throw that hr pitch I've noticed it'll throw a fastball down the middle if you take too long.

Batting was awful for me. I swear I was right on target and instead I would completely wiff where the ball was. Baserunning was also kinda weird for both of us. I know early on you got screwed with runners on 2nd and 3rd and then around the 5th I got screwed on a ball that was overthrown at first and your first baseman wasn't even to it yet when I sent my runner from 3rd home.

I'm hoping this is a one off situation and we don't see this in the league but I think we are all kidding ourselves.

Batting was awful for me. I swear I was right on target and instead I would completely wiff where the ball was. Baserunning was also kinda weird for both of us. I know early on you got screwed with runners on 2nd and 3rd and then around the 5th I got screwed on a ball that was overthrown at first and your first baseman wasn't even to it yet when I sent my runner from 3rd home.

I'm hoping this is a one off situation and we don't see this in the league but I think we are all kidding ourselves.

Baserunning is awful online. You have to play real conservative unless you hit the ball in the gap and you know that couldn't have gotten to it yet. I knew that was what happened when you kept running home on that play.

I've had a couple of games lose connection the last few days but it seemed to work better late at night like around midnight or later.

Just played a game vs Drizz with the settings.....but it was Jose Fernandez vs Jose Fernandez

my jose: 9 ip, 0 er, 2 h, 12 so, 84 pitches
his jose: 7 ip, 4 h, 2 er, 13 so, 105 pitches

Gg ph33. I suck at batting. No issues besides that Stanton hit where he was out at 3rd. On my screen the ball was in the outfield.

yeah I was wondering what happened but I threw to third just in case and your guy just kept going, i figured something like that happened

i guess if something looks way too weird it's best to leave it be and be conservative

most of the latency was good though

Well right now I have counted 21 people interested and 20 have picked a team. Still don't know what Turboclese wants.

I think it's best to stick to the script for right now and wait till tomorrow night to see who's really interested

so invites gonna be sent tomorrow or friday?

They'll be sent tomorrow

I'm thinking this is going to be a 20 person league cause right now we have 21 and what I have learned is to always round down when it comes to this shit

After Turboclese posted that once he didn't post again...I'll let him have till tomorrow night to check it. Otherwise he's on the outside looking in as an alternate. I'm pretty sure EZ is in but he hasn't told me anything

NL East

Nats - McNei1y
Mets - Dmncnby2k9
Braves - CrimsonCommie
Marlins - Ph33 (for now)
Phillies -

NL Central

Pirates
Reds - WhatRobEats
Cubs - MrBob
Cardinals
Brewers - EZ

NL West

Dodgers - CB
Giants - v1lla21
Rockies
Padres - Ecnal
Diamondbacks

AL East

Red Sox - Sanjuro
Orioles -
Yankees - DCX
Blue Jays - Rinse82
Rays - Ferny

AL Central

Twins
Tigers - Turnbuckle
Indians - TheWorthyEdge
White Sox - Drizz
Royals

AL West

Rangers - BigJonsson
Angels - PistolPete
Mariners
As - FMT
Astros -

Maybe we can add Zep?

Okay so before I start I apologize to Turboclese but we have 21 and the league only takes even numbers, and since I haven't heard from you since you expressed interest I'm putting you as first alt for now.

Here are the leagues and divisions:

National League

NL East
Marlins - ph33nix (york887)
Braves - CrimsonCommie (???)
Nationals - McNei1y (McNeily4)
Mets - Dmncnby2k9 (Dmncnby2k8)

NL Central
Reds - WhatRobEats (WhatRobEats)
Cubs - MrBob (MrBob2k7)
Brewers - Eznark (thekranz)

NL West
Dodgers - CB3 (TheColdOne33)
Padres - ecnal (ecnal)
Giants - v1lla21 (???)

American League

AL East
Red Sox - Sanjuro (SanjuroTsubaki)
Yankees - DCX (DCXgaf)
Rays - Ferny (kurruptt)
Blue Jays - rinse82 (rinse82)

AL Central
Tigers - turnbuckle (Turnbuckle47)
White Sox - TheDrizzlerJ11 (TheDrizzlerJ11)
Indians - TheWorthyEdge

AL West
Angels - pistolpete2940 (pistolpete294)
Athletics - FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov)
Rangers - BigJonsson (???)

The list is:
Team name - GAF Name - PSN ID

If your PSN ID is marked with a (???) next to your name, I don't have your PSN ID and you need to post it and friend request me. If I have your username listed you've got an invite to take your team. (V1lla21, CrimsonCommie, BigJonsson, TheWorthyEdge)

Rinse I couldn't invite you because you haven't done anything online in the Show!

Top Bottom