• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PS4 MLB 14: The Show Online League Thread - Will it work?

Reposted for new page

Okay so before I start I apologize to Turboclese but we have 21 and the league only takes even numbers, and since I haven't heard from you since you expressed interest I'm putting you as first alt for now.

Here are the leagues and divisions:

National League

NL East
Marlins - ph33nix (york887)
Braves - CrimsonCommie (tsizzle420)
Nationals - McNei1y (McNeily4)
Mets - Dmncnby2k9 (Dmncnby2k8)

NL Central
Reds - WhatRobEats (WhatRobEats)
Cubs - MrBob (MrBob2k7)
Brewers - Eznark (thekranz)

NL West
Dodgers - CB3 (TheColdOne33)
Padres - ecnal (ecnal)
Giants - v1lla21 (v1lla21)

American League

AL East
Red Sox - Sanjuro (SanjuroTsubaki)
Yankees - DCX (DCXgaf)
Rays - Ferny (kurruptt)
Blue Jays - rinse82 (rinse82)

AL Central
Tigers - turnbuckle (Turnbuckle47)
White Sox - TheDrizzlerJ11 (TheDrizzlerJ11)
Indians - TheWorthyEdge (???)

AL West
Angels - pistolpete2940 (pistolpete294)
Athletics - FrenchMovieTheme (frenchmov)
Rangers - BigJonsson (canadacool589)

The list is:
Team name - GAF Name - PSN ID

If your PSN ID is marked with a (???) next to your name, I don't have your PSN ID and you need to post it and friend request me. If I have your username listed you've got an invite to take your team. (BigJonsson, TheWorthyEdge)

Rinse I couldn't invite you because you haven't done anything online in the Show!

turnbuckle

I'm trying to figure out which camera I want to use for hitting this year. I played one game yesterday using various settings and was pretty terrible.

Hoping this lag thing gets worked out. I'd take the lag of previous year versions over the crazy stuff I was seeing in my first online game yesterday. I would have hit the share button but was too caught up in trying to hold my lead.

Regardless of lag or other issues I'll be sure to commit to the league. Thanks for getting in touch with me Ph33. Looking forward to playing with you guys.

I can upload rosters now, but I'm going to wait till everyone joins just in case I need to shuffle divisions or teams around

excellent thanks fellas. I've messaged most people about it so hopefully we can get started tonight!

as far as rosters go, unless OS releases something new in the next 24 hours I'm going to go with the V2, and for sliders...we could do default but do you guys trust the OF sliders enough that Rob posted? I don't mind them

It may be lost in the sea of fuckery up there, but I need:

TheWorthyEdge (PSN ID), and for Rinse to do anything online related so I can invite

otherwise everyone has gotten a psn message about the invite or I've personally talked to them

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Remote play is trash. It's got to be some setting that I'm missing other people I know have zero issues at all with it.

I'll have to accept the invite later on tonight sorry phee

Gg. Last play lagged! I shouldve never pulled Quintana

Yea you too. Game fucked up with one out left lol

You shouldn't have he was killing me!

Edit: wait did I get 2 or 3 outs in the 9th? In my friends list it showed 3 outs by your name but I thought when I threw the guy out at second that it was out 2.

Alright so this is who we got left for signups:

Nationals, McNei1y
Mets, Dmncnby2k8
Blue Jays, Rinse
Tigers, Turnbuckle
Indians, TheWorthyEdge

I've gotten word or heard from all of them so far knowing about the invites except mcneily, dmncnby2k8, ecnal, v1lla21, and Rinse...but I'm sure they'll pop up today. unless those guys disappear completely tonight, we should be able to get rolling!

I'll check back in a few hours and see where stuff is at

v1lla21

SHOULD HAVE PS4/VITA WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES

lol

8 left!

I'm getting pretty stoked about this. Please don't fail me SCEA :-(
Saving for a car or I'd get a Vita :p I mean, I have a credit card but I don't want to buy it right now lol.

Alright so I did everything, just the rosters is left but idk what to do with that.

DietRob

Rosters aren't loaded? I guess we are missing people still?

Somebody is about to get a red foam hand pointing downward ;)

DietRob

you should have a ps4 and vita on you at all times!

i might just play my madden game then if cola is on

Alright so this is who we got left for signups:

Nationals, McNei1y
Mets, Dmncnby2k8
Brewers, Eznark
Padres, Ecnal
Giants, v1lla21
Blue Jays, Rinse
Tigers, Turnbuckle
Indians, TheWorthyEdge
Athletics, FrenchMovieTheme

I've gotten word or heard from all of them so far knowing about the invites except mcneily, dmncnby2k8, ecnal, v1lla21, and Rinse...but I'm sure they'll pop up today. unless those guys disappear completely tonight, we should be able to get rolling!

I'll check back in a few hours and see where stuff is at

just finished my madden game. signing in now!

Looks like the roster finished uploading. Now we just gotta wait for whoever has the Nationals, Mets, Blue Jays, Tigers, and Indians to join.

I'm playing FMT And I steal second, I don't see his catcher attempt a throw and the commentator says so...next pitch up he is gone and there is an out WTF

i feel that there will be a high amount of salt, A HIGH AMOUNT!, in this league regarding the "subjective" ump calls of balls and strikes. just had the biggest bullshit ump of all time against pheeniks. fuck new york!

You failed to adjust to the umpire's strike zone! Not my problem!

lol he had one strike zone for me and another for you. he can suck a dick. there was one pitch that wasn't even close it was so far inside the strike zone and he calls a ball on a would-be 3rd strike. then i end up having to pitch like 15 more pitches in that inning. i'll see him in hell getting raped by the devil

turnbuckle

Power went out yesterday, then the internet went out. So I went out and drank. When I got back I still couldn't get online. Was able to sign up this morning though :)

thanks turnbuckle!

the only people we are waiting on now is

mcneily (hung over from wizards losing)
theworthyedge (no idea where he went after I communicated with him on psn)
rinse (had a baby, out till weekend)
dmncnby2k8 (personal business, out till weekend)

I really could start it now anyways, and put those teams as CPU for now so they can join later, but I am not sure rinse will have time with his kid (congrts btw) and I don't know what worthyedge is up to, he said he would try yesterday but never heard back

turnbuckle

Congrats Rinse!

I don't know this worthyedge character, seems questionable. I'd say start the league with or without him. Failure to communicate before the thing even starts? And he was posting this morning in other threads. Sounds about as reliable as CC's knee.

Besides...his first two choices for teams were the Astros and Indians. He has to be a joke character.
Although his third choice was the Tigers...so there's a little hope for him still lol

problem is we are at 19 now. and I doubt we find another one. if you all wanted to live with one cpu in the league I would be okay with that

And I still don't know if worthyedge is able to join because he hasn't accessed any of the show's online functions yet

Basically I could just start this now so we can find out the schedule and get started, and if shit comes to worse...I can just make another one with 18!

Top Bottom