• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Chiggs said:
I probably shouldn't have used "ugh." If you can get past that, I still think my point stands. Some of you out there clamoring for ten year lifespans probably aren't thinking things through all the way. Video game graphics are not like wine.
Every generation of 3d console hardware has progressively reduced the "eyesore" aspects of 3d visuals. I think it's fair to say that there will be significantly less negative reaction to how something like Uncharted looks 5 yrs after its release than there probably has been for, say, the original Tomb Raider after the same span of time.

xaosslug

Bebpo said:
You know, I hate to admit it since I think Gamers Republic are a bunch of losers and motion sensing is the end of all things good and true...

but the motion sensing parts in Folklore actually look to make sense and be good. :O

i know. The game wasn't even on my radar as far as 'games I'm looking forward to' go, but man... Folklore's really come up in my book.

Forsete

Gold Member
Valkyr Junkie said:
I still can't get over how you can hear your wingmen in Lair like you guys are pilots in Rogue Squadron :lol

Haha, yeah. I was annoyed by that when we saw the game back in .. when was it? The last demonstration anyway. Ugh, get rid of it.

Ok, this still hasn't been answered and there may not be a answer yet but I'd like to know if you will be able to install the Blu-ray versions of Warhawk, Socom, LBP and whatever else to the hard drive and play them without the disc. This is the deciding factor when it comes to the disc or the downloadable version. Since it's possible, I'd like all these games to be accessible when I turn on my PS3 without needing to put in the disc.

I know this may lead to problems with pirating, but it's there job to figure that out.

I´m in love with this game <3

232.jpg

Haven't made it all the way through this thread yet, but I've got some comments:

Uncharted=HOT
H.S. = HOT
R&C = HOT

...yeah, but if you have eyes, you knew that already. What shocked me is just how AWESOME the art in Folklore is. Stunning. That monster design especially is amazing. So are the environments. This will probably be my second RPG purchase ever on the PS3.

One more thing: All you geniuses complaining about the pistol shooting segment in the Uncharted demo need to seriously put down the game controllers, turn off the computer, get off the couch, and go to a shooting range and try shooting a real pistol.

If you do, you will be shocked to find that aiming is not perfect. When aiming, your pistol doesn't snap the sights right to target. Trying to hit anything farther than 10 yards with a pistol with any accuracy is actually pretty tough.

Of course, you will find this is the case in a pistol range under ideal conditions. You'll have to imagine for yourself what it's like trying to shoot while ducking behind cover, at a moving target, and not only that, a moving target that is shooting back at you.

The last thing I want from Uncharted is for the shooting to be too easy and not a challenge like so many other games.

joesmokey

jjasper said:
Looking amazing. The only complaint I have is when the scene transitions from her cutting the rope and running down, to diving into the pit with all the bad guys. It's just too choppy and doesn't look right.

I love the blue trails on the guys when they're about to attack you so you know where the attack is coming from. The combat looks as deep or as shallow as you want to make it to be, which is great.

Way earlier in the thread someone posted that she does not get shadowed when she steps into the left area in the shadow area, and in the IGN HD vid you can clearly tell that she does.

As long as this game gives off that epic vibe, it'll be amazing.

Ploid 3.0

Man if Heavenly sword plays technical like Ninja Gaiden that would put sigma out of my mind. Sigma don't seem good enough after that for me. Well judging from that demo. Not sure if the rest of the game is like that. Hope HS turn out to be a sick game.

Forsete

Gold Member
So Uncharted was playable in the arcade area.. Why arent there more videos of the game then? I count two gameplay videos, dev demo and the interview from Gamevideos.

evolution

Forsete said:
So Uncharted was playable in the arcade area.. Why arent there more videos of the game then? I count two gameplay videos, dev demo and the interview from Gamevideos.
Gamespot has a couple gameplay videos

deepbrown

Forsete said:

Lots on Gamespot. Lots of interviews as well. But amusingly they aren't advertising ANY Sony stuff on their front page

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Ploid 3.0 said:
Man if Heavenly sword plays technical like Ninja Gaiden that would put sigma out of my mind. Sigma don't seem good enough after that for me. Well judging from that demo. Not sure if the rest of the game is like that. Hope HS turn out to be a sick game.

But does the combat really have to be better than Ninja Giden? I mean that game is one of the best action games of ALL-TIME!!!

B-Ri

all of this is all first party, and i was already real full up on my gaming list with the few we knew befre hand, and the third party.

ITs sad how much hate and stigma is over the system, cause its going to have an amazing year.

Foil

mabuza said:
i think i will finally cancel lair from my list. it just looks so dull

Yeah, I feel the same way. The graphics and atmosphere look great, but I just have no interest in the game. I'd rather they make a new Rogue Squadron game for the PS3.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Absolutely stunning.
honest question, why do all the vids i watch seem like the camera is WAY too far from the action? All the scrren shot are big and close up, it feel like the videos are just too far back.

I just watched a bunch of trailers for Folklore and despite the fact that it's being co-developed by Game Republic and Gaia (Jewel Summoner and Genji were merely okay games) I'm tentatively excited about Folklore.

It a quality SMT-lite ARPG came out this early in the PS3's life cycle it would be another reason for me to buy a Playstation 3 this soon.

deepbrown

BobTheFork said:
honest question, why do all the vids i watch seem like the camera is WAY too far from the action? All the scrren shot are big and close up, it feel like the videos are just too far back.

Eurogamer complained that the camera was too close at E3...they got their wish. The camera zooms in on special moves

The Jason

all this new media is blowing my mind!!!!

seriously, everything looks awesome.

EDIT: ok I've been getting tons of concerned phone calls, I assure you my mind is not literally blown...

deepbrown said:
Eurogamer complained that the camera was too close at E3...they got their wish. The camera zooms in on special moves
i don't think i can complain enough to get it changed back : ( maybe i could make a spreadsheet. Thx for the info. Maybe there is a good medium place here. She just looked so small, i couldn't see any detail. I need to make sure and watch all the vids.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
BobTheFork said:
i don't think i can complain enough to get it changed back : ( maybe i could make a spreadsheet. Thx for the info. Maybe there is a good medium place here. She just looked so small, i couldn't see any detail. I need to make sure and watch all the vids.

It's the area she's in I'm guessing.

Lair actually reminds me of an OLD Genesis game Herzog Zwei.

There were two armies that would battle it out RTS style on their own without your intervention after you purchased them and gave them attack instructions.

Beyond the RTS part you DIRECTLY controlled a flying robotech veritech fighter transforming between fighter jet and robot.

The armies could battle it out alone by themselves but since each army had a VERITECH FIGHTER it made it "really important" that you monitored how the battle was going. If you didn't do it right the other veritech would decimate some of your forces.

Lair reminds me of this... I wonder if they were fans of this game originally?

stephentotilo

Behind The Games
Doesn't seem like you guys are talking much about the Pursuit Force sequel.

I played it. It's very good.

I did a piece on Uncharted and Pursuit force today (with more impressions rolling out over the next few)

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1559957/20070517/id_0.jhtml

Here's the Pursuit Force: Extreme Justice portions of the article:

"Extreme Justice," coming in the fall, had three missions available in its San Diego build. I briefly tried the first two and experienced what I expected. Then I tried the last level. It began in a helicopter that was encircling a giant enemy tank and some smaller jeeps. I was manning a gun at the side of the helicopter and tasked with blasting the trucks on the ground. Once I accomplished that, the tank turned its turret and sped away.

My hero jumped into his police car, his lovely game-controlled female partner in the passenger seat. I was responsible for flooring the accelerator and chasing down the tank; her role was to leap from the car onto the back of it, set a bomb and jump back onto my car. I had to keep my car close to the tank as bad guys in jeeps tried to ram me off the road.

After setting their bombs, my game's power couple split up and phase three of the chase began. I jumped my hero onto the back of the tank, which was covered in hatches, out of which popped men eager to use their machine guns. I had to fire back. The tank was still driving at top speed, sometimes leaving my guy hanging on precariously by one hand. The tank driver kept spinning its turret, trying to use the barrel to knock me off. Eventually he got the better of me. It took less than 15 minutes.

tanod

when is my burrito
stephentotilo said:
Doesn't seem like you guys are talking much about the Pursuit Force sequel.

I played it. It's very good.

All I saw was the cg trailer.

There is just way too much content to see everything in this short span of time.

Minds are blown.

Please come again later. :)

thanks for the link

Top Bottom