• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

Kittonwy said:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/untitlednaughtydoggameworkingtitle/media.html

Watched Uncharted gameplay movie 2, can't believe how completely and utter smooth the animations are when the character jumped from the top of one wall to another, the controls look so damn quick and responsive, it's like whoa. The run and gun is great too.
gladtomeetya.gif
Awesome it's cool to see someone else play the demo since the animations are so damn incredible :)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/superstardusthd/media.html The first Super Satr Dust gameplay I've seen. It looks hot!

Those GS Uncharted videos are ****ing hot. The unarmed combat looks spotty, but other than that... the environments are beautiful. And it's still far from release. God damn.

deepbrown

AltogetherAndrews said:
Those GS Uncharted videos are ****ing hot. The unarmed combat looks spotty, but other than that... the environments are beautiful. And it's still far from release. God damn.

Just wish the quality of the feed was better!

deepbrown

The way you know you're dying or weak is SOOO cool. It's lush and vibrant colours when you're fit and healthy, but the more damage you get it goes less vibrant, more brown...and then when you're so close to death it goes black and white!! Coool. No need for onscreen stuff

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
inthezone said:
Lovely. The framerate was kinda spotty at the battles but Im sure it will be ironed out. Everything else I like.

And I dunno why people are so down on LAIR. I think it looks amazing and also looks to be good fun! Besides is the closest were gonna get to a Panzer Dragoon like...ever :/

Yeah Lair is looking very very very great.

watching that Heavenly Sword video...I had to applaud the awesomeness of having no actual music playing during alot of the fights and just lettings the sound of combat play out.....hope its like this in the final release :D

Raistlin

Having just watched some of the Lair stuff ... I'm still thinking it's probably the most impressive game shown thus far .... or maybe Uncharted is ... or maybe Heavenly Sword ... DAMN IT ... I'M LOSING MY MIND :lol

Triz

SHIT! i ignored this thread forever, finally click on it and there is new Eye of Judgement info. I fail at the interweb.

theBishop

Banned
Onix said:
Having just watched some of the Lair stuff ... I'm still thinking it's probably the most impressive game shown thus far .... or maybe Uncharted is ... or maybe Heavenly Sword ... DAMN IT ... I'M LOSING MY MIND :lol

You forgot Ratchet :lol

this is going to be a wild year...

Mmmkay

That newest Heavenly Sword trailer "Moves and Technologies Interview" has some blatantly obvious plot details in it amongst other things.

http://www.gametrailers.com/downloadnew.php?id=19687&type=wmv&f=

Also some music stuff, it sounds so ****ing awesome... Nitin Sawhney GET. They talk about it being a reactive music system. "The music reacts to and emphasises the moves that you are doing."

P.s. OMG Sacred Genitals were castrated! Cut from the game. :(

JB1981

Onix said:
Which Lair vids 'cause all the ones I've seen have had this pukey color smeared all over them. Seriously, what is up with the art in that game? Holding back an incredible graphics engine.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
tribal24 said:
yeah people seem to be forgeting rachet>.>

I think the fact that heavnly sword has finally shown something new since e3 06 really, and uncharted is being shown really for the first time in game, that's the main focus for now. Recently we got a ratchet+clank trailer, which impressed us all. The gameplay wasn't far from what was shown in the trailer really in terms of media, and the graphics are what the trailer had. I'm also very excited about the sixaxis in ratchet and the groovitron looks amazing :) .

chriskzoo

Banned
I think the best part for PS3 owners/fanboys (though I own a 360 too) is that many of these games have nothing comparable to them on the 360. 360 really has nothing even close to Ratchet; Drake's is pretty much what Tomb Raider SHOULD be at this point; Heavenly Sword will satisfy that God of War jones until GOW3 comes out;SOCOM can satisfy that easy to enjoy online shooter (though I'll be playing Halo 3); Warhawk has nothing comparable to it on 360 (though Battlefield is probably a better alternative on PC).

jvalioli

I had zero interest in Uncharted until today. I watched some of the GameTrailers videos and it looked great and animated very well. I was impressed. :)

By the way, for Heavenly Sword: What do you we know about plot so far?

Stillmatic

I love the sound effects in Heavenly Sword, from the swing/clashing of the swords to the chatting amongst soldiers. Awesome stuff!

jvalioli said:
I had zero interest in Uncharted until today. I watched some of the GameTrailers videos and it looked great and animated very well. I was impressed. :)

By the way, for Heavenly Sword: What do you we know about plot so far?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_sword

Foil said:
As fun as Warhawk looks, the on foot animations and character movement are pretty bad.

I actually like them alot....its a stylistic choice...one I appreciate

evolution said:
The HD Uncharted Trailer from IGN looks soo good, and wheres "The Darkness" footage it was at the event right?

HD version of trailer is definetly the one that needs to be seen.....especially for those people who claim that the characters don't have alotta detail in their faces :)

luca_29_bg

AgentOtaku said:
HD version of trailer is definetly the one that needs to be seen.....especially for those people who claim that the characters don't have alotta detail in their faces :)

yeah if someone can upload it for us poor mortals that don't have ign or gamespot account :D

Kittonwy

Banned
Mmmkay said:
So did this slip by us all? All the Sega Rally Revo images released today were dated from March 29th, except this one.

Maybe next week?

I'm sure sites like IGN and Gamespot will be pushing 3rd party games like Sega Rally like mad but this week is Sony Gamers Day and exclusive first-party games like Uncharted, LBP, R&C and Heavenly Sword are the stars.

Mmmkay

Kittonwy said:
Maybe next week?

I'm sure sites like IGN and Gamespot will be pushing 3rd party games like Sega Rally like mad but this week is Sony Gamers Day and exclusive first-party games like Uncharted, LBP, R&C and Heavenly Sword are the stars.
No it was released to the media today along with everything else. IGN don't have it up, but obviously GameSpot does and some others should too. Just surprised nobody's discussing it that's all, a lot of the other Revo images have been 90% motion blur and this one nicely shows off the mud deformation.

mckmas8808

Ketchup Boy said:
haha I thought she was like supposed to be retarded.

Somethings not right with her whatever it is.

BEST WATERFALLS IN A VIDEOGAME EVER!!!!!!!!

4vouna8.jpg

6hdfd5z.jpg

4vgzl8l.jpg

Damn this game looks great.

lupin23rd

Nothing on DMC4 yet? Really interested in seeing that

Also would like to see if Gundam Musou is going to have english voices, although IGN's screenshots still have Japanese in them.

Maybe FF7 was announced but a lot of stuff is still embargo'd :lol

m

Raistlin

theBishop said:
You forgot Ratchet :lol

this is going to be a wild year...

Oh shits ... my bad :lol

I'm currently downloading a number of vids from Gametrailers and Gamevideos that weren't listed in the OP. The walkthrough and interview of Uncharted is WTFOMG.

Now that has moved to the top of my list. I swear, each video I download has me flip-flopping more than the Kerry platform :p

This stuff is crazy :)

With all of the awesome titles coming out this year and especially in Fall it makes MGS4 slipping a little bit more tolerable (if it does end up slipping).
Absolutely stunning screens/videos shown thus far. I hope they put some of this up on PSN!

Raistlin

JB1981 said:
Which Lair vids 'cause all the ones I've seen have had this pukey color smeared all over them. Seriously, what is up with the art in that game? Holding back an incredible graphics engine.

Oh god ... I've downloaded so much stuff in my hotel room, I don't know which ones came from where.

I'll try to figure it out.

mckmas8808

blindrocket said:
With all of the awesome titles coming out this year and especially in Fall it makes MGS4 slipping a little bit more tolerable (if it does end up slipping).
Absolutely stunning screens/videos shown thus far. I hope they put some of this up on PSN!

Actually I want MGS4 to get pushed back to 2008 now. Too many good games in 2007.

Top Bottom