• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
28296unch.gif

jett said:
Lair, in motion, still looks kinda ugly.

And more importantly, it looks REALLY ****ing boring too.

Seeing Ratchet, Uncharted, and HS and then that. There's just such a big difference. I realise that Lair is probably more technically impressive than any of them, but the lack of color is really a turn off.

bud

SolidSnakex said:
Seeing Ratchet, Uncharted, and HS and then that...There's just such a big difference. I realise that Lair is probably more technically impressive than any of them, but the lack of color is really a turn off.

i don't have any problems with the colour of the game (reminds me of lotr which is great imo) but it looks very boring. judging from the videos all you do is spit fireballs and that's basically it :/

Yixian

Banned
bud said:
i don't have any problems with the colour of the game (reminds me of lotr which is great imo) but it looks very boring. judging from the videos all you do is spit fireballs and that's basically it :/

Ever played Rogue Squadron? It's that, with dragons.

It's a lot more fun to play than watch - these games have an addictive air.

Jim

bud said:

Hawt Dragon on Dragon action just uploaded:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19721&type=mov

And a dev walkthrough of GOW:COO with Ru and The Barlog: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19721&type=mov
Jesus, GOW PSP looks amazing.

Did I say how much I love Gametrailers?

xaosslug

Jim said:
I'm now a Lair believer... the newer boss fight vid posted at GT (today sometime), looks great. Smooth framerate, great lighting, stunning water.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19712&type=mov&pl=game

And another Warhawk one also... literally JUST posted. Tank and on-foot stuff - surprisingly smooth and fun looking. Textures are REALLY improved.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19714&type=mov

Beta can't come soon enough.

that is why I'm iffy on the Sony to sell off Incog. rumors... I mean regardless of the journey to get to this point, the game looks solid. The only way I could see it holding any truth is if Sony had to step in and flood the dev. team with various developers from other studios to get the game done. Hmm.

Porkepik

Well I'm gonna be broke this fall, need to buy Uncharted (for sure), ratchet, HS, GTA4(360 or PS depending which is best), Halo3, blue dragon, mass effect, bioshock. Total if I don't buy anything else(also intend to buy a wii some time down the line):560$+tx ouch this is nearly a new PS3, don't think I will tell the wife I bought all of that and they will trickle in the house one by one. Where do I find some free time to pley them?

Back on the subject all these gamers day video renewed my confidence in having bought a PS3. These are games I intend to play so... nice smile on my face, september is just a few months away and from then on I will never look back at the drought will be too busy playing the games

bud

Jim said:
Hawt Dragon on Dragon action just uploaded:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19721&type=mov

And a dev walkthrough of GOW:COO with Ru and The Barlog: http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19721&type=mov
Jesus, GOW PSP looks amazing.

Did I say how much I love Gametrailers?

it's good to see that they've improved the fire fx. they looked attricious in the previous vids but the fire is looking very nice now. and yes, gametrailers is awesome :D

the gow link takes me right to the lair video you just linked to :p

Kangu

Banned
Jim said:

That looks stunning. This game is starting to grow on me, if only because the graphics and the scale are just so amazing. The rain effects in this clip are some of the best I've ever seen and the dragons flying in the background along with tons of fireballs flying and explosions going off and lighting flashes just makes for an awesome scene.

If I had a 60 inch 1080p screen I'd probably buy a PS3 and this game just for the eyecandy.

Greg

Kangu said:
That looks stunning. This game is starting to grow on me, if only because the graphics and the scale are just so amazing. The rain effects in this clip are some of the best I've ever seen and the dragons flying in the background along with tons of fireballs flying and explosions going off and lighting flashes just makes for an awesome scene.

If I had a 60 inch 1080p screen I'd probably buy a PS3 and this game just for the eyecandy.
Yeah, I haven't watched a video for the game in a while, but they seemed to have improved the fire and frame rate a lot!

Still unsure of how exciting the game is going to actually be, as the general mechanics don't seem that polished/interesting, but it is quite the technical showpiece.

Oneself

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Just watched the Yahoo direct feed video of Uncharted....HOLY F**KING SH*T indeed. :O

Too bad my computer is too shitty to run HD WMV full frame... MP4-PS3-friendly version needed.

Kangu said:

Yeah that vid looked really great BUT Lair must be the worst captured game ever....the game is really clean, and yet most captures make it look grainy as shit...the game is stunning, but I dont think the media given does it justice

peace

Stillmatic said:
Not a bad head of hair there Nathan. XD

Un12.jpg

I know about ND being concerned with the market being heavily covered in the classical "bald space marine" archetype and so they feel they rather chose a more everyday man type of hero....but wow, they really really went above and beyond the call of duty here with the hair considering the overall visual complexity of the game as is!

Whoa. O_O

Forsete

Yoboman said:
What's up with this screen?

All the lighting is gone and Drake has blonde hair o_O

Haha, yeah. Very weird. Early build? Kinda like the FF10 dude having black hair in the very first versions of the game?

Melville

Yoboman said:
What's up with this screen?

All the lighting is gone and Drake has blonde hair o_O

It seems that the trailer is 2 months old, and so is the demo, but in an optimized version with some of the effects such as water splashing or particles removed. This explains why some scenes in the trailer look different.
The final version of the game will have better AA, better water effects and much more :D

Top Bottom