• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The best part is, I don't remember that much movable shadow casting from the foliage in the old trailer, while you can see it everywhere in the new footage. They really did an outstanding job with that as well, even in the scenery everything moves, casts shadow, seems so lively. On top of that shadow artifacting seems minimal.

bouc_emissaire said:
http://generationdreamteam.free.fr/afrika/Uncharted/uncharted2006vs2007.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice dude, I'd like to see a compilation of all your comparisons some time or if you already have an online album I'd gladly ceck it out

[QUOTE=deepbrown]fanboy lenses lol. Dude you're speaking to the wrong man. :lol But yeah 1up really aren't very impressive with their ps3 coverage...especially that girl, she always sounds so bitter. I can think of much better places to go, such as IGN.[/QUOTE]
She did seem bitter for no apparent reason, lol especially during the 1up show when mark said Socom didn't look that great she had one funny look on her face. Also when they talked about little big planet and how those facial expressions make the game "more complex" I was like WTF? Aren't those facial expressions on the d-pad just for fun?

Mmmkay

Stranglehold seems to be running pretty damn well considering it's UE3 and still has a few months of development left. Did we get any footage of R6:Vegas from Gamers Day?

deepbrown

InterMoniker said:
Nice dude, I'd like to see a compilation of all your comparisons some time or if you already have an online album I'd gladly ceck it out

She did seem bitter for no apparent reason, lol especially during the 1up show when mark said Socom didn't look that great she had one funny look on her face. Also when they talked about little big planet and how those facial expressions make the game "more complex" I was like WTF? Aren't those facial expressions on the d-pad just for fun?

Perhaps their skepticism is understandable...but I think they should be looking at games as GAMES...whatever system they belong to. It's not like they are trying to justify their purchase, or don't get to play the games on certain systems. IMO it's immature and very strange.

Chrono

Banned
hey any news of that 2.0 update with scaling...? I haven't been playing games waiting for a pair of headphones + amp to arrive so I can wait a few more days I guess...

and dudes how could you love the uncharted textures so much, some of those ground ones look like badly painted green marble or something. I'm talking worse than twilight princess ugliness. The game still manages to look awesome though, I just hope those textures are on a to-upgrade on their desks somewhere.

Pimpwerx

Chrono said:
hey any news of that 2.0 update with scaling...? I haven't been playing games waiting for a pair of headphones + amp to arrive so I can wait a few more days I guess...

and dudes how could you love the uncharted textures so much, some of those ground ones look like badly painted green marble or something. I'm talking worse than twilight princess ugliness. The game still manages to look awesome though, I just hope those textures are on a to-upgrade on their desks somewhere.
Dude, stfu. Are you cherry-picking or something? Ground textures? WTF? Most every damn texture in this game looks sharp. There are some blurry ones, but this game actually looks to be using AF ffs. Texture quality is not an area you can fault this game, period. PEACE.

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
Anyone else noticed that Drake's shirt is just a texture now?

in the 2006 demo, his shirt actually creases according to how he moves his body.

I was hoping they would've managed to keep that amazing bit of tech... because they're right; something as little as shirt looking painted on can ruin the rest of the super realism the game has gone for.

But it's simply probably just not technically feasible... especially with all the other shit going on.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Crayon Shinchan said:

in the 2006 demo, his shirt actually creases according to how he moves his body.

I was hoping they would've managed to keep that amazing bit of tech... because they're right; something as little as shirt looking painted on can ruin the rest of the super realism the game has gone for.

But it's simply probably just not technically feasible... especially with all the other shit going on.
They are keeping that for character faces at least, they call it "wrinkle mapping". I didn't pay attention to shirt though.

*edit* Yeah, it's on the shirt as well. Watch the latest HD gameplay video from gamevideos.com when he's balancing over the log, you can see the wrinkles appearing and moving over the shirt.

Pistolero

People are probably nipticking because when playing the game, we naturally lose the cinematic aspect and tend not to appreciate all the details with the absence of dynamic cameras, zooms, cuts...etc.
They still have half a year to polish it : Just imagining the game could end up better looking/animating makes me droooooooooool !

uncharted looks really great...I really hope there are MASSIVE adventure elements in the game...since this formed a huge part of the jak games

peace

sol_bad

Will Blim be posting any of these videos at his site?
My PC is currently screwed so I'm using my PS3 for the internet. As I'm sure your all aware it can't play Quicktime or WMV videos and I really want to see these new trailers.

nelsonroyale said:
stranglehold does look pretty good...and seems to run well

peace
I'm buying the Collector's edition of Stranglehold just because I want the High Def transfer of Hard Boiled that comes with it. If the game gets decent reviews, I may even try to play it.

KTallguy

Banned
MickeyKnox said:
I'm buying the Collector's edition of Stranglehold just because I want the High Def transfer of Hard Boiled that comes with it. If the game gets decent reviews, I may even try to play it.

Hard Boiled is a really awesome movie. Some real "OH SHI-" moments :p

Schrade

Someone was asking for MPEG4-AVC (H.264) video of the trailers for their PS3.

Here's the Heavenly Sword trailer direct from Sony's site:
http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16210/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4 (53.8 MB)

It's just the trailer though, none of the other cutscenes with Kai and whatnot.

Here's that older Heavenly Sword video with Andy Serkis doing his hula dance:
http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16207/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4 (98.9 MB)

Here's the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune trailer (Better than the Yahoo one, smaller too):
http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16209/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4 (80.8 MB)

Stranglehold Trailer:
http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16216/Videos/1/movie720p.mp4 (48.0 MB)

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow (PSP):
http://fp.scea.com/Content/Movies/16197/Videos/1/PSP.MP4 (8.53 MB)

reminder

AAK

RaijinFY said:
Funny you said that because the more i'm watching it, the less i'm enthusiastic about it.

The only thing to be slightly unenthusiastic about is how easy the game is looking so far, other than that everything Capcom has shown score all kinds of awesome.

jiggle

gofreak said:
but that's the cleanest version I've seen so far

For sure :D

On another note, finally got to watch the Folklore medias. They kinda got lost among all the other games. Looks really fun. And the team definitely knows how to do pretty graphics. Didn't know it was an ARPG until now. I wonder if the entire game takes place in the dream world...

Schrade

gofreak said:
My memory might be unkind to previous versions of that trailer from IGN etc. but that's the cleanest version I've seen so far...really nice :)
Your memory is not unkind. It's direct from Sony's site so it'll be basically what they put on the Playstation Store/Network thing I think.

Note: If you guys want to play MPEG-AVC/H.264 video with very little CPU power (they actually play better than 720p WMVs!) download the latest Quicktime Alternative because it has the CoreAVC Filter in it. It's the fastest software AVC decoder on the Windows platform.

You can download Quicktime Alternative from here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_quicktime_alternative/

Oh.. if you have any Quicktime .mov files that are H.264 video you can just rename them to .hdmov as the extension and it'll use CoreAVC to play them and not the shitty Quicktime decoder. (Quicktime's is SUPER slow)

deepbrown said:
1up's coverage of sony gamer's day is a joke. Why do I feel they have it in for Sony? They sound either aplogetic if they like a PS3 game and are scared to express themselves. OR they are unreasonable and bash for no reason other than their urge to jump on the FUD train.

If they praise Sony too much, Microsoft won't hire them.

KTallguy said:
Well :p I know you're looking through fanboy lenses :)

Just be happy with the new footage and the good impressions. Who cares if they're apologetic? The important thing is that the new games look awesome, and that PS3 will have a ton of good games coming out this xmas.

Oh c'mon man it's not the first time this happens. The 1up fanboys been drooling for anything Halo 3 on their shows for months, they were even pathetic enough to draw maps when they couldn't show the game, they dedicated hours upon hours on Gears pimping and practically advertising it like there's no tomorrow during its release, but when it comes to Sony events or games they try to be as restrained as they possibly can and there's always the ****ing "but" in their coverage just to show you they're not that excited.

And btw go check how they spinned Payton's statements on the MGS4 thread.

Schrade

By the way guys.. I updated my post and added a few more things to it (Direct MP4 downloads from Sony)

I'll try to keep it updated if/when Sony updates and adds more.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Schrade said:
By the way guys.. I updated my post and added a few more things to it (Direct MP4 downloads from Sony)

Where are u finding those?

Schrade said:

Thx! These look a lot better.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
IGN has a video up of the full first day presentation. Starts off with SOCOM and goes from there.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/790/790037/vids_1.html?RSSwhen2007-05-18_160900&RSSid=790037

I didn't know socom was quite that popular...10m sold across the franchise, over 2m online users, and apparently the best selling SCEA-published title on the PSP.

edit - I'm not sure if it was a problem with them filming that screen, but IGN really seemed to mess up capturing the footage from the screen in that video - it's all very juddery and jerky.

I cant stop watching the gamevideos video of Uncharted, it looks so good already and I cant believe they arent nearly done with the animations. The only things I want them to fix are the gun sounds, right now they sound really weak and ones thing I hate in games is when guns sound weak. Now I just want Sony to announces a new PS3 controller that has a new shape with rumble and maybe some other new features, it would be great to actually feel the controller rumble to the right when the character is almost falling off the log or something.

gofreak said:
IGN has a video up of the full first day presentation. Starts off with SOCOM and goes from there.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/articles/790/790037/vids_1.html?RSSwhen2007-05-18_160900&RSSid=790037

I didn't know socom was quite that popular...10m sold across the franchise, over 2m online users, and apparently the best selling SCEA-published title on the PSP.

edit - I'm not sure if it was a problem with them filming that screen, but IGN really seemed to mess up capturing the footage from the screen in that video - it's all very juddery and jerky.

In the IGN video presentation video the Ratchet guys seem to make it a point to not really judge the game from what you're seeing that video because E3 would be the showcase of what the game is really capable of. Pretty amazing considering how it already looks.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
What I'm wondering is..they said they were showing another previously unseen level, but did no one get footage of that? Was footage not allowed? Any media I've seen has been from that demoed level.

gogogow

SolidSnakex said:
In the IGN video presentation video the Ratchet guys seem to make it a point to not really judge the game from what you're seeing that video because E3 would be the showcase of what the game is really capable of. Pretty amazing considering how it already looks.
But was he talking about graphics or gameplay?

Graphically it looks already very nice, but could use some shadowmaps/selfshadowing (same what was lacking in Resistance).
That's one of the reasons why I think Uncharted looks so awesome.

Do we know at what framerate Ratchet was running at SGD?

Steroyd

Would be cool if in Ratchet and Clank Future, that the Groovytron would access your Hard Drive and play a random music from that.

Well that's my random thought of the day.

spwolf

Crayon Shinchan said:

according to shots bouc just posted, it certainly isnt just texture... they just changed the way it wrinkles...

Top Bottom