• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

Killa Sasa said:
The most epic match to ever have happened on GAF thus far is over.

Only one stands (on the loser's bracket)

Findmyfarms defeats Killa Sasa 2-3, 3-2, 3-2.

The final match featured a comeback from 0-2.

Lots of combos, reversals, mind games and FIYAH POWAH.

Glad to have made it this far and much happier with how my tag team performed this time around (ESPECIALLY with Cammy, i think I've made solid strides with her even though I can still get a little chaotic). This tourney made me better, and has me set on winning some prize money at a couple local tournies in the next few weeks.

And now I am certain that Cammy-Akuma is a 5-5. Both have a lot of good things going for them in the matchup, and it comes down to the player, not the character. Shoutout to FMF, I know the matchup well enough now, thanks for the help with that.

Good luck to both ptown and FMF. Bigups to Relix for organizing the whole thing.

PS: I only ate one raging demon :D Hopefully though, I've learned how to close the door on people (first slayn, now you :p)

Whatchu talkin bout, EVERYONE :)

Yeah man, that match was INTENSE. I will say though, that a lot of times, I had you with a super RD, but jab then RD came out instead, I blame it on the Lag :/

I think you're good to go. If you want to know my secret though, it's that you'd jump in whenever you couldn't come forward on the ground. There'd be a lot of times where I'd throw a fireball, then just wait for you to just jump in. After I'd get the anti air knockdown, then I had the momentum going my way with air fireballs and demon flip setups.

GG's again, you've gotten so much better.

FindMyFarms said:
Yeah man, that match was INTENSE. I will say though, that a lot of times, I had you with a super RD, but jab then RD came out instead, I blame it on the Lag :/

I think you're good to go. If you want to know my secret though, it's that you'd jump in whenever you couldn't come forward on the ground. There'd be a lot of times where I'd throw a fireball, then just wait for you to just jump in. After I'd get the anti air knockdown, then I had the momentum going my way with air fireballs and demon flip setups.

GG's again, you've gotten so much better.

I noticed that, just a bad habit I have from when my brother used to fireball trap me with Ryu in SSF2 (Not turbo) :(. I had it under control for a little bit but sometimes it pops up when I'm trying to force it too much.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PSN GRAND FINALS: PTWON VS. FINDMYFARMS

I take it FMF is used with the rules but...

It's the same set of matches. Best of 5 rounds, best of 3 matches (aka gotta win two). The difference... if Ptwon beats FMF in one set FMF automatically loses, if FMF wins one of the sets, he has to win once more to be called the winner of the tournament.

So:
Ptwn wins if he wins 1 set of matches
FMF wins if he wins 2 of them.

As far as I know, that's the usual rule for fighting tournaments am I right?

I also fight Guero (eva01) so hit me whenever you want man =P

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
FindMyFarms said:
Ptown takes the championship, gg's every1.

*clap clap clap*

Now... all I need is guero. Wanted to fight him with the stick... no go. Pad time I guess. Will be adding him tonight.

ptown

GGs. Everyone I got to play in the tournament brought something unique.

Good stuff.

I liked the Cammy matches. Thanks guys. I now enjoy playing the character as well.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
PMed Eva to get this tourney done.. it's stuck, and even worst it's my fight :lol Was giving Saqs some time to come back from Evo though, it's time to.. FIGHT!! =O!!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Eva vs. Lyte Edge

Daaaaamn. Hadn't played with a pad so far in DAYS, decided to stick with it instead of the stick and to my surprise... I absolutely sucked :lol GG's guero =P. That sad demonstration wasn't me, but nevertheless GG. Awesome Ken, got me after I Ultraed and you FADCed then SRKed me, awesome, even with that lag lol

LakeEarth

Oh shit, I still have another match? :lol

I literally have no idea. I'm out of town, and I won't be back at my place where my 360 is till Sunday night (8pm or so). Is that too late?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
LakeEarth said:
Oh shit, I still have another match? :lol

I literally have no idea. I'm out of town, and I won't be back at my place where my 360 is till Sunday night (8pm or so). Is that too late?

Dude, only two matches remain. As long as this is done with by next Wednesday it's a done deal... and that also includes the final match =P

LakeEarth

Relix said:
Dude, only two matches remain. As long as this is done with by next Wednesday it's a done deal... and that also includes the final match =P
K, but if I do get to face Saqs again, I'm picking Abel instead of Honda. He's got my Honda down :lol

eva01

XBL Losers Bracket

Guero vs LakeEarth

Guero wins: 2 - 0

ggs LakeEarth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

XBL Grand Finals
Guero vs Saqs

Saqs wins 2 - 0

Rounds: 2-3, 2-3

ggs Saqs and congrats.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL FINAL BRACKET
jqns41.gif

PSN FINAL BRACKET
30woxp3.gif

Congratulations to Ptown and Phatsaqs for winning the tournament! Sadly this was a prize-free tourney =(, but.... you guys can always PM Teknopathetic if you want a tag change haha*. Great games guys, and thanks for participating... it was great and I am surprised it did flow so well. Once more, thanks to everyone, congrats to the winners.... and I hope this is not the last tournament!

*this message has not been sponsored by Tekno =P

Now off to do that BB tourney....

LakeEarth

Guero is really good. I was really not prepared for that. The amount of times he hit me with that chain -> EX hurricane kicks to mixup just made me cry. Great zoning, knows his punishes. We kept playing after he beat me, and after about 11 three round games I won one of them. I think my Honda was the only one that could get anything going against him.

eva01

Nice Ken Guero.
Thanks Turtlesnatcher

Overall it was a good tourney hope we can do another one sometime.

If anyone wants to get some games in feel free to toss me a game invite whenever i'm on.

eva01 is my gamertag.

Top Bottom