• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 will only have 18 characters at launch (with post-launch content & characters DLC)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1440857.html
The participating characters are Luke, Jamie, Manon, Kimberly, Mariza, Lily, JP, Julie, Dee Jay, Cammy, Ryu, Edmond Honda, Blanka, Guile, Ken, Chun-Li, Zangief, and Dhalsim.

1_o.jpg

anthony2690

Banned
So who were the leaked fighters again? As they are obviously dlc, the ones not here, disappointing, but this is highest quality street fighter has ever looked and I'm all in :)

Edit:

Akuma, Rashid, Aki, ed? I'm sure I'm missing two others.

Last edited:

Skyfox

Had the chance to play this on PS5 at gamescom and it has this cool feature where a sports commentator describes how the match is going during the fight.

Beautiful looking game. It had tearing/v-sync issues but probably because they're still working on the game.

Played well as far as I'm concerned. Great fun.

anthony2690

Banned
ONLY 18 characters, Almost half being brand-new characters and the rest having more moves than ever before.
Street Fighter 6 is going to be fucking crazy!
I'm beyond excited.
8 new? I count 6 being brand new :p
But I'm also beyond excited, hopefully get to fight some of my fellow GAF members online in the future :D

Knightime_X

8 new? I count 6 being brand new :p
But I'm also beyond excited, hopefully get to fight some of my fellow GAF members online in the future :D
I still count Luke as brand new despite him showing up extremely late in sf5.
Some of the older characters have so many new moves they might as well be considered new too. 🤣
Also, from my perspective I barely touched sf5 so some of these characters will be hyper new to me.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
I still count Luke as brand new despite him showing up extremely late in sf5.
Some of the older characters have so many new moves they might as well be considered new too. 🤣
Haha, I'm genuinely impressed with how extensive these move sets are looking in all honesty :)

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Juri and Manon for me. Sad that AKI didn't make the launch roster. Or Rashid. Goddamn you DLC!

SSfox

Mimi is Manon now, gotta get used to this new name. She, JP and AKI were the one i was looking or the most, hopefully AKI will be season pass1.

This game is gonna be Amaaaazing!!!

Vaelka

Aki is the poison fangs girl from the leaks?
It's unfortunate if she's not there on day 1 she was my favorite of the leaks.

Holy fuck tho I feel like I need to avoid SF discussions for a while, I find the smugness surrounding Cammy's redesign incredibly annoying.
I don't like it at all and think it's bland and boring, people can like it if they want but this whole obsession with pants and turning it into some social issue is fucking annoying and drives me insane.
The articles about it are coming I can smell them from a mile away.
The smug and condescending attitude is just rly annoying especially with how it's turned into some kind of '' own ''.

At least her OG was leaked too.
I just hope future characters can get a bit more fun with the character designs, I feel like except for Juri there's just not much to them at all.
I get the whole urban hip hop vibe but everyone just wearing basic ass clothes basically is incredibly dull especially in a genre that is otherwise so expressive.
Strive still managed to '' tone down '' the Anime designs and make them look good.

No Vega or Ibuki but there’s a good chance I’ll get the game anyways and play Chun and Juri while I wait for DLC characters. I’ll try out other new characters too of course, probably starting with Kimberly because I always gravitate to characters with Izuna drops.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
Holy fuck tho I feel like I need to avoid SF discussions for a while, I find the smugness surrounding Cammy's redesign incredibly annoying.

Why would you be bothered by Cammy's redesign? It looks great & is optional.

& Don't worry her classic design is in the game too, with a great slowmotion ass shot during her super.

this might make you feel better seeing it performed on the redesign too!

HoodWinked

Had the chance to play this on PS5 at gamescom and it has this cool feature where a sports commentator describes how the match is going during the fight.

Beautiful looking game. It had tearing/v-sync issues but probably because they're still working on the game.

Played well as far as I'm concerned. Great fun.
Ya no vsync has least input latency

Last edited:
Given the current business model around fighting games (of which I'm not a fan), I guess people should be happy they're getting two more characters over base SF5, rather than less. At this point, I just want to see what the DLC roadmap and its pricing look like.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This. Non FG players still thinking in 2022this is low number and think it's same game as COD or Fortnite where characters have same movesets.

Exactly, i just hope Singleplayer content will also be available at launch.

Yup, I'd take 18 well balanced characters all day. This actually gets me more hyped.

Focus on your core character base then add properly balanced characters later on!

Hyped.

Kokoloko85

Thats fine, the content of the game looks awesome.

But this might be the first SF game i don’t buy because the art style and characters look so bad its insulting. I mean look at Tekken, then look at this Fortnite looking crap, they have bigger muscles and body proportions than Tekken. Look at the custom characters head to shoulder ratio… like wtf

Imo, 18 characters is plenty and they seem diverse. What’s really the point of really huge rosters anyway especially in this day and age when most players will just migrate to the top tiers anyway? Games have like 50 characters, yet online or most tournaments seemingly consist of the same top 8 characters dominating.

Barakov

Gold Member
18 characters is fine. That might be an issue for some people but they're doing so much right, especially after SFV, that this is non-issue for me.

Top Bottom