• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Season 2 changes

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I hadn't seen it. Very minor UI change, but a change none the less.

season2_menu.jpg

Still waiting on the 20th to get official change log notes before I update the OP.

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but I hadn't seen it. Very minor UI change, but a change none the less.

season2_menu.jpg

Still waiting on the 20th to get official change log notes before I update the OP.

Capcom accidentally made a beta branch of the PC version public today, and there appears to be a number of other changes a well. See the OT.

Neoxon

Behold, (Season 2 Beta) Urien changes.
Urien Season 2 BETA Changes
-b.HK is df.HK now.
Now when we want to step back for anti-crossup st.HK there will be no more random b.HK.
-st.MP startup is 7f. +6 on hit.
1 frame slower but now there is st.MP cr.MP combo on regular hit!
-cr.MP is +5 on hit now.
So Urien still have cr.LP->st.MP CH combo.
-cr.HP startup is 7f. 2nd hit out on 9f(10?)
Right now there is punishes of something like MAX RANGE slides which is usally -7 for a decent damage. Also can combo
cr.LP/st.MP on CH without meaty! Sick! And 2nd hit which is anti air comes out faster.
-cr.MP is +1 on block.
Better then 0 ^_^
-st.HK HOLD is now +2 on block and almost no pushback.
There is a reason to do meaty st.HK HOLD instead of st.HP HOLD for no recovery people. If opponent blocks there is a mixup!
-cr.MK is +2 on block and +4 on hit.
Urien get a new good pressure/meaty(?) tool. Can combo into cr.LP and CH combo into cr.MP! Sweet!
-j.LK now can crossup and +12 on hit.
So now it`s easy to confirm into cr.HP for a decent damage!
-Active VSkill gives you more V-Gauge for using armor.
HK Shoulder gives about 90% of V-bar if you armored about 100 damage. HP Headbutt about same.
EX Shoulder gives you about 1 bar and 20% of second. So gain from recieved damage is same but gain for using armor is way more.
-Aegis Reflector exist on screen about 2 secs longer.
-MP Headbutt is changed.
Its still +4 on max range/meaty but loops are gone because spacing for +4 is different. At least old loops.
-Oki from forward throw is way worse on midscreen.
I'm gonna miss the headbutt loops, but it's a worthy sacrifice for the other buffs.

Damn, two seconds longer can be an eternity in some situations for reflector. It's going to be great to see this in action soon. The 20th can't come soon enough.

Guile changes I saw:

Sonic Boom is +7/+2, 60 damage, from +8/+1, 50 damage.

Sweep appears to be 7f startup now.

All HPs are 8f startup. c.HP is -4 on block. s.HP is still -4 on block.

s.MP appears to be +6/+2 now, from +5/+3.

Upside Down Kick is +6 on hit, appears unchanged on block (-1). Counter hit UDK into s.HP, c.MP, Boom/FK is not corner-specific.

s.HK is +2 on hit. Seems to still be -3 on block.

s.LK looks like it's a 4f startup, now.

s.HP, c.MP, Flash Kick seems to always hit the second hitbox of the Flash Kick when outside of the corner. This means the damage is reduced or 206 from 230, or down from 294 to 273 started with a j.HP/HK, and it can't be cancelled into super.

Due to the increased pushback on c.MP, Guile can now combo s.HP, c.MP, LP Boom, Backfist outside of the corner. With a j.HP/HK, this is 306 meterless damage, 245 without the jump in. Not too shabby.

yurinka

But she was brand new, she had never been playable in SF before SFxT and even considering Final Fight Revenge she had a fully new moveset, only getting a couple moves from that game in Ultra.

Arika characters were obviously playable in SFEX so I don't see how they'd count without massively reading too much into the quote.
Final Fight is canon in the SF universe, the SFEX or versus games aren't.

So I assume that if we count characters from FF or versus games as brand ones when introduced in numbered SF games, we also should count the SFEX chars as brand new too.

BadWolf

Lauras.......Lauras everywhere. My nightmares have been realized. ;_;

Yeah this was expected after Mika got hit with the nerf stick.

Laura interested me but I didn't play her because I was maining Mika and it felt that they had the same game plan overall. Makes sense that she will get more use now that Mika has been put aside.

Neoxon

Yeah this was expected after Mika got hit with the nerf stick.

Laura interested me but I didn't play her because I was maining Mika and it felt that they overall had the same game plan. Makes sense that she will get more use now that Mika has been put aside.
I mean, I'm happy that my main (Urien) got buffed & that Karin got off relatively easy as far as her Season 2 changes go, but Laura has been the bane of my existence since Day 1. Capcom only added fuel to the fire with Laura's Season 2 buffs.

Top Bottom