• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V: Season 2 changes

Street Fighter V: Season 2 will be upon us soon, and even more important than the new characters, will be the balance updates that come along with them. Here is a list of changes so far, both confirmed as well as suspected(which I'll try to keep separate).

----------------

Overall System Changes:

- Non-meter wake up dragon punches now lose to meaty attacks across the board. Apparently only EX DPs are good reversals now. (Not tested with all characters, so could be exceptions)

- All jab anti air moves appear to be unaffected, but some claim they're worse. (Conflicting reports)

- Frame advantage and positions are worse after throws, you don't get as much/any(?) pressure from midscreen throws anymore.

Ryu:

- Startup for some normals is slowed down, but in V-Trigger his frame data is actually better.

- V-Reversal is negative on hit.
- Throw has no follow up (no more throw loops).
- DP 4f not invinc. (1/2)
- Normals feel a lot slower.
- V-Trigger activation = frame data changes (faster normals).
- Damage nerf all around(?).
- st.lk is still 4f

Ken:

Nash:

- Forward Dash is slower
- Backward Dash has less Range
- V-REVERSAL has more recovery
- V-Trigger has more recovery
- EX Sonic Scythe has startup invincibilty

Guile:

- V-Gauge is now two bars instead of three.

FANG:

- Special moves no longer need charge while in V-Trigger.

Bison:

- V-Skill can now STORE fireballs on demand, even use it in combos
- Standing Light Kick is 3 frames now.
- V-Trigger Light Scissors are faster.
- Target combo sped up but only links to Standing Light Kick.
- Walk speed has been significantly increased, both forward as well as backward.

Dhalsim:

- Crouching Medium Punch has better horizontal hitbox can hit chars further away.
- Stand Heavy Punch is now a crush counter, beware fireball throwers.
- Hitstun on limbs is now plus on hit, so it means you will have to respect his far limbs a lot more.
- Previously, Dhalsim's far reaching limbs were minus or 0 on hit, so you didn't have to respect him after being hit, now it's different.
- Yoga Anvil (Back + Heavy Punch) reduced in startup from 12 frames to 10. No more brainless jumping in.
- Back + Medium Punch went from 8 frame startup to 6 frames now.
- Hearing V-Skill has much faster startup, and float jab has more hit and blockstun so you can't just hit him out of it.
- Standing Light Kick went from 5 frames to 4 frame startup. Dhalsim can punish easier now with it.
- Standing Heavy Punch feels way faster!
- Slide Trigger buffed, flame doesnt go away anymore.
- Some of his far reaching limbs can be cancelled into super. Far range st.HP crush counter xx Super is a combo.
- Air Heavy Punch is slower.
- Down-Back + Medium kick is a real low which is ideal for midrange foosties.

Necalli:

- Does less damage on some combos.

Mika:

- No more invisible wall for R. Mika with Toward + Medium Punch (Irish Whip). Needs to be in the corner to get wall bounce now. Can't change direction with Toward + Medium Punch anymore
- Clap is -6 on block now

Karin:

- Standing Light Kick is +1 on block.

- V-Reversal sends them full screen.

- Has air target combo.

- Jab reset still there, but no longer gets 50/50 mixup.

Vega:

Balrog:

- Upper Screw is a DP motion now.

- Still no invincible reversal even when using EX meter.

- Lower damage on EX rush.

- Damage seems overall the same.

Zangief:

- Lariat works farther out vs. crouching opponents. Including cr.LP 2x, st.LK, xx Lariat, no backroll after it.

Laura:

Chun Li:

- Can cancel specials into V-Trigger now as well.

- Can mash/piano input for Lightning Legs now, or still use the QCF + K command. Move properties same regardless of input, mash or motion.

- Instant Air Lightning Legs were nerfed.

- Fireball has a tad more recovery.

- Can cancel crouching light kick into lightning legs. Crouching Light Kick 2x, into Legs into V-Trigger Cancel works and then can continue combo from there.

- Standing Light Kick is now 3 frames, was 4 before, but apparently in AA situations, it has 5 frames of start up? (Conflicting reports)

Urien:

- j.LK now has cross up properties.

Rashid:

Ibuki:

- V-Trigger is now two bars instead of three.

Alex:

- Can combo Toward + HP, Standing Medium Punch xx Light Flash Chop. Apparently Toward + HP (Lariat) is +6 now.

- Can combo Crouching Light Punch into LP Chop. cr.LK, cr.Lp xx LP Chop works!

Cammy:

- V-Reversal doesn't knockdown anymore.

- Standing Light Kick still looks like it's +1, instant tick throw still there.

- All dive kicks looked nerfed on block except V-Trigger version.

----------------

This is an incomplete list at the moment, obviously, but I'll try and keep it current(or a mod can edit if need be) Let me know if anything arises and I'll keep the OP updated. Everything will be shamelessly stolen from somewhere as I'm too ignorant to do it myself.

wamberz1

Hows my boy gief doing
show me the good stuff
Edit: okay not bad
That FANG buff tho...

Double edit: wait does this:
no backroll after it.
Mean they can't roll recover? cause if so then fuck yes

Khezu

I'm pretty sad about the Mika changes.

I'm not good enough or play it enough to argue whether or not the changes were warranted, but her mid screen wall bounce was the main reason I found her fun to play.

Neoxon

While I would love for Urien's c.MK to be able to be special-cancellable like in the Cinematic Story Mode build of Urien, I'll be satisfied if he's pretty much unchanged for Season 2.

Eolz

Damn, even in the OP Juri is forgotten ;(
Edit: lots of changes talked about on ultradavid's twitter

Dartastic

I'm pretty sad about the Mika changes.

I'm not good enough or play it enough to argue whether or not the changes were warranted, but her mid screen wall bounce was the main reason I found her fun to play.
Me too. I never thought that the bounce was the problem. It was that the clap felt super safe. I feel like a lot of her midscreen damage, at least for me, comes from hit confirming the clap into wall bounce drop kick ex peach. And even there, you have to use meter.

Caim

I'll repost the Vega changes:

Saw this on Reddit.

"Heard some Vega changes from my discord boys ;
F+Fierce claw on pops opponent up on counter hit
C. Fierce with claw off crush counters now.
From RagingStormX who heard it from Rom.
EDIT: Another update. F+Fierce crush counter pops the opponent up enough to connect an EX FBA after.
pretty solid buffs lol"

https://twitter.com/arlieth

CD'S BAR

I play Mika and am glad about the invisible wall nerf. Shit was lame as hell. Kind of sucks you can't change the throw direction anymore though.

On Balrog: so they actually made him slightly worse? Upper Screw used to be a charge move, correct?

Nothing for Laura yet.

No news is good news!

Hearing no more non-ex invul DPs is already a major buff for her.

Our girl is running wild now

9fc89a02d6.jpg

Moaradin

They're posting a sneak peak of the balance changes on the capcom unity blog tomorrow, so hopefully we get a lot of new stuff

Top Bottom