• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street fighter 6 looks mid imo

- Drive moves being just a repackaging of tweaked versions of already existing mechanics into one meter. Drive Parry being the only possible exception since it functions similar to Faultless Defense from Guilty Gear although it is still a parry.

- Due to the seperation of the super meter and EX moves, now there will be no commitment to using supers so people will just abuse the hell out of them and get free comebacks. Like what happened with Ultra Combos in SF4 or Fatal Blows in MK11.

- Game looks extremely slow with even more emphasis on slo-mo animation pauses compared to 5(which already looked pretty clunky compared to 4) at the expense of speed and fluidity. I mean just look at the animation for the focus attack equivalent, it's drowning in frames.

- Character models look worse than V

- Meh tier starting roster. Emo Ken is cool though.

Last edited:

Lasha

am not form the FGC and i tihink op is a hater and so are you. best fighting game of the generation as all of the sf games have been, thus the reason they are number one at evo ALWAYS.
even a bad game like sfv surpasses any other fighting game.

hater.

Smash was number 1 at Evo before it left. Guilty Gear was number 1 in 2021/2022. Street fighter registrations were usually 3rd or 4th along with Tekken.

DrFigs

I wish they took the resources used for the single player and just added more characters at launch. complete waste of time. and it looks terrible anyway

Edit: I have probably close to 1200 hours total in street fighter 4 across ps3 and ps4. and dozens in sf5, but i quit it pretty early. i'm just not interested in the direction the series has been taking. and even something as simple as a large starting roster could have made the game more attractive for me.

Last edited:
I would not worry too much about it. After they release 5 more versions of this game while also not having any of the content on disk, it might be a good game.
Hoping it takes no more than 2 additional versions to introduce some new gameplay mechanics.

Adding in some characters people actually care about like Nash and Akuma wouldn't hurt too.

[Sigma]

I hope I am wrong but it's not looking good.
Oh but it is looking good considering the game was well received online basically everywhere not named Neogaf. If it's one thing ive learned through out these months during these fighting game threads whether it's SF or Tekken or fighting games in general is that I shouldn't take opinions here seriously at all given the silly things said. You know you have terrible opinions when that other site has is better at discussing something. This site seems is great at a lot of stuff when discussing videogames. Fighting games isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Having played it, watched a lot of it, and reading this thread I’m dumbfounded by a lot of your takes.

PS3 tier graphics ? Get off your 480P device you clowns.

No new mechanics ? Yes because every other fighter is introducing new mechanics. This is a giant shift in how the fundamental game is played with all the changes and additions. Were you butt hurt when SF3 only had parry mechanics ?

Boring roster ? Bro they have a LOT of fresh new characters for the core cast.

Some of you all are smoking shit or are Ed Boon burner accounts.

Fuck out of here.

Oh but it is looking good considering the game was well received online basically everywhere not named Neogaf. If it's one thing ive learned through out these months during these fighting game threads whether it's SF or Tekken or fighting games in general is that I shouldn't take opinions here seriously at all given the silly things said. You know you have terrible opinions when that other site has is better at discussing something. This site seems is great at a lot of stuff when discussing videogames. Fighting games aren't one of them.
Whether a game is well received or not by the FGC doesn't mean anything. The FGC has the weirdest narratives when it comes to games and most of them just regurgitate what their 0.00001 top percentile overlords tell them to think rather than forming their own opinions.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Whether a game is well received or not by the FGC doesn't mean anything. The FGC has the weirdest narratives when it comes to games and most of them just regurgitate what their 0.00001 top percentile overlords tell them to think rather than forming their own opinions.
I said nothing about the FGC.

Having played it, watched a lot of it, and reading this thread I’m dumbfounded by a lot of your takes.

PS3 tier graphics ? Get off your 480P device you clowns.

No new mechanics ? Yes because every other fighter is introducing new mechanics. This is a giant shift in how the fundamental game is played with all the changes and additions. Were you butt hurt when SF3 only had parry mechanics ?

Boring roster ? Bro they have a LOT of fresh new characters for the core cast.

Some of you all are smoking shit or are Ed Boon burner accounts.

Fuck out of here.

Some of the character models literally look like a downgrade from V. Look at Ryu's model. For the star of his game his model looks terrible, it looks like plastic.

>No new mechanics ? Yes because every other fighter is introducing new mechanics.

Yes, they are actually.

>This is a giant shift in how the fundamental game is played with all the changes and additions.

Still just a repackage of mechanics we're already familiar with from previous games. They didn't even at least introduce ONE new mechanic as part of the drive gauge to make things fresh.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Theres definitivelly something wrong about it.
Like, it felt sluggish playing. With Ryu felt more like they are more worried about doing realistic duck animations than fast reaction to the player imput control. Also, people aways call me out for this...but what the heck is this music? It doesn't have any life or signature. Its just a generic music trying to have forced "cool/radical vibe". Silly info about characters, pretty sure they will drop the idea of showing the characters weight because of the female presence.

Also the last video was a huge dissapointment. It feels like they are trying to appease every type of player. Which is a bummer, I was pretty happy for some characters(while others are just yuck...).

Yoshinoro Oro's original plan was a tag team SF for 6 but he got fired and someone new came into to finish 6.

Tbh I would have much prefered that than what we're getting, at least it would have been original.

Street Fighter x Tekken? Marvel VS series? Tag team SF6 would've been like those just with all SF characters. Not too original outside of window dressing.

I don't know why it needs new mechanics to be good per se; we're at a point where there's not much you can do to with the formula outside making the game fully 3D (as in, full three dimensional movement). I thought the game looked slow at first too, but the speed actually seems in line with SFV's and it doesn't have the built-in three frame buffer so it feels faster in part thanks to that.

Surprised you are complaining about the parry system when most players are actually complaining about Drive Impact being too easy to abuse, if anything. Plus if you hold down for parry you drain Drive gauge faster that way, so there's incentive to still do parries the normal way. Overall I think the character models look better than V's, V had some inconsistent character models with the DLC because of heavy outsourcing and VI's characters have more fine details than V's (although I think some of the skin textures could be toned down a tad).
Roster-wise I would have definitely liked Akuma to be in there and I hope some of the additions to V that turned out well (Kage, Laura, Menat etc.) come back to VI alongside more III characters (Dudley, Necro, Hugo, Yang....still holding out hope for Remy and Twelve. And Sean, I guess). But the base roster looks pretty good; I'm partial to Manon and JP as characters to main, tho will play some other characters too just maybe less so.

It looks like total garbage. EVERYTHING about this game looks bad. It is going to be one of the worst games of the year without a doubt.

The RedFall thread is somewhere else. As you can see, this thread says Street Fighter 6, not RedFall.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
PS3 tier character models are a joke.
I don’t play fighting games and I’m not planning to buy SF6 but seriously? It’s very hard to take your so called criticism seriously when you say stuff like this.

Not liking it’s character design is one thing but saying it’s PS3 quality is just downright dumb and I think you know this yourself and just being hyperbolic for sake of drama.

Varteras

Gold Member
i-cant-believe-capcom-felt-the-need-to-buff-cammy-again-v0-s69miue2y1ka1.jpg

...sorry. What now?

kunonabi

The character models are ugly but so is the rest of the game really. While most of the universal mechanics are just altered takes on existing ones I don't think that's necessarily a problem. The issue is that they're really backward ass takes and I have serious concerns about them. Footsies, in particular I think are going to be pretty dumb.

I think the character mechanics are where the game is it's most interesting although I'm not a really a fan of just how much is being borrowed from SFV.

All that said, I do think it's the game Capcom needed to make and it will probably be super successful even I have no interest in it. I do think casuals are going to get bounced from online pretty hard though. Capcom's attempts to make things casual friendly always have the opposite effect and Sf6 might be the worst case of it. At least there should be enough other content for them to engage with this time around.

Lasha

Oh but it is looking good considering the game was well received online basically everywhere not named Neogaf. If it's one thing ive learned through out these months during these fighting game threads whether it's SF or Tekken or fighting games in general is that I shouldn't take opinions here seriously at all given the silly things said. You know you have terrible opinions when that other site has is better at discussing something. This site seems is great at a lot of stuff when discussing videogames. Fighting games isn't one of them.

What makes the opinions here terrible? Where is "everywhere else"?

Varteras

Gold Member
Just hope they don't turn in snowflakes and censor stuff, like they did with 5.

To be fair, did you see the outfits many of those girls wore? I'd say changing the up-crotch camera shot for Cammy's intro wasn't that bad. Now the R. Mika butt slap? I think that was a little silly to change the angle on, considering the very end of that super was two asses burying the face of the opponent.

I don’t play fighting games and I’m not planning to buy SF6 but seriously? It’s very hard to take your so called criticism seriously when you say stuff like this.

Not liking it’s character design is one thing but saying it’s PS3 quality is just downright dumb and I think you know this yourself and just being hyperbolic for sake of drama.
Ryu's SF6 model literally looks worse than it does in 5.
oSg2W0l.png

Q5I2bUx.png

More where that came from. Just kind of sums up the downgrade when the main character looks like such a noticeable downgrade.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Ummm isn’t that most fighting games is all about? You want battle royal or something?
I want the deep fighting combat mechanics in an actual action adventure game. The melee combat systems of souls, dmc and gow are all reliant on weapon melee combat. I want to play melee game where i can do more than just punch and kick and these shooters and action games are just not doing it for me.

Mortal kombat has these great story modes with incredible setpieces and cutscenes. I want to actually play those cutscenes.

I want the deep fighting combat mechanics in an actual action adventure game. The melee combat systems of souls, dmc and gow are all reliant on weapon melee combat. I want to play melee game where i can do more than just punch and kick and these shooters and action games are just not doing it for me.

Mortal kombat has these great story modes with incredible setpieces and cutscenes. I want to actually play those cutscenes.
Lol that genre already exists, it's called hack n slash.

[Sigma]

What makes the opinions here terrible? Where is "everywhere else"?
Well, for one saying things blatantly untrue over and over again is a none starter. And the reset button is pressed for the next thread that does the same thing. What's worse is the over and over demonstrations of information online passed around easily these days and it's STILL ignored one gets old and annoying. You're not even trying at that point. These posts end up amounting to "my feelings" so it's not even worth discussing til I see legitimate points made for instance like the time someone mentioned the throw animations and such.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This is very weird post, from my understanding you want entirely different genre?
I want to actually play those cutscenes.
What is that mean exactly? You want cinematic QTE?

Saber

Gold Member
To be fair, did you see the outfits many of those girls wore? I'd say changing the up-crotch camera shot for Cammy's intro wasn't that bad. Now the R. Mika butt slap? I think that was a little silly to change the angle on, considering the very end of that super was two asses burying the face of the opponent.

Isn't R.Mika basically like that? Same as Elena, which could be complained by snowflakes as a girl that basically wears nothing. Same with base Cammy, which btw is in the game as a skin.
If people getting offended in the game was enought for them to censor all this, then I think theres a possibility for them to change Cammy animation(change her to simply doing a hand animation without the butt stuff) or Chun-li thickness and bouncing mechanic.

Top Bottom