• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
why is Eva01 known as guero when both his xbl SN and his GAF SN are both eva01? This is comparable to a pregnant, one-legged buffalo attempting to climb a tree. Quantum Mechanics says that it is indeed possible, but it'll never happen!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Timedog said:
why is Eva01 known as guero when both his xbl SN and his GAF SN are both eva01? This is comparable to a pregnant, one-legged buffalo attempting to climb a tree. Quantum Mechanics says that it is indeed possible, but it'll never happen!
I roofled

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Timedog said:

:lol :lol :lol

eva01

Eva01, are you #17 on the GP list on xbl?

Yeah

haha

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher... can we move up the match to tomorrow? Something came up at the last time and I need to go =P

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
eva01 said:

Provided I beat arde its you and me baby. I'm hoping for tons of cross up (which will account for most of your offensive jumps), kara throw, frame advantage fwd. mk shenanigans, and maybe a hint of fp SRK combo interrupt. Let's do this baby. I'm fucking starving.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
I won't be available until Monday then.

I'm out of town in New Orleans..

Then out of town for EVO starting Weds.

Then we can do it on Monday. No prob it's that fine with you.. about Evo..... I am sure you can fight Arstal almost immediately if you beat me so you can have enough leeway for EVO.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. dfyb, PSN Losers' Bracket Match
------------------------------------------------------

dfyb wins 6-0!!

I don't even think a match break-down is needed this time. :lol I was Cammy first match and Chun second, and dfyb proceeded to RAPE the poor girls with his superior baiting tactics. This was pretty much like the last time we played each other IIRC. I have so little experience against good Fuerte players, and felt kinda helpless, desperately trying to focus attack and backdash to stop the El Fuerte onslaught, but to no avail! o_O

I'm out of the PSN tourney now, GG to everyone!

EDIT: dfyb, I just tried messaging you but got the dreaded PSN error. If you are up for some more matches, I have time and would love to get some training in!

dfyb

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
EDIT: dfyb, I just tried messaging you but got the dreaded PSN error. If you are up for some more matches, I have time and would love to get some training in!
me and my roomates are currently running cables under our house so they aren't in the hallway, so my PC/consoles are disconnected from the net (on my laptop's wireless while we wait for drill to charge).

turtlesnatcher plays fuerte as well (XBL) -- you ever play with him?

Lyte Edge said:
Lyte Edge Vs. dfyb, PSN Losers' Bracket Match

dfyb wins 6-0!!

I don't even think a match break-down is needed this time. :lol I was Cammy first match and Chun second, and dfyb proceeded to RAPE the poor girls with his superior baiting tactics.

I feel your pain. dfyb stomped me as well with his Fuerte.

Lyte Edge

prodystopian said:
I feel your pain. dfyb stomped me as well with his Fuerte.

I went down hard once before. This time around before the match, I looked up some strategies and was messing around with them in training mode, then we had our match and he just blew me outta the water! :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah soooo...

Timedog vs. Arde get that shit done ASAP.

Round 6 Deadline
Wednesday July 15th.

No need for it to get there though, there will only be 3 fights in all..

Turtlesnatcher vs. Relix
guero vs. Arde/Timedog winner

and Dfyb vs. Killa Sasa on the PSN side. No need at all to delay this past next Friday.

Im back Monday/Tuesday but gone then for Evo.

So we can get the matches in the next 2 days Relix.. Or I can just forfeit if I can't make it since my next 2 days in town will be a bit hectic.. We shall see.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Im back Monday/Tuesday but gone then for Evo.

So we can get the matches in the next 2 days Relix.. Or I can just forfeit if I can't make it since my next 2 days in town will be a bit hectic.. We shall see.

How about... now?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
How about no.

I just got home from my flight.. I'm tired.. I had 3 hours of sleep last night.. I woke up hung over..

I was on Bourbon street for 2 nights straight.

No.

Oooh I thought you had recovery time already lol. Sure we can do it Monday =)

TurtleSnatcher said:
How about no.

I just got home from my flight.. I'm tired.. I had 3 hours of sleep last night.. I woke up hung over..

I was on Bourbon street for 2 nights straight.

No.

I wish I was in Bourbon street for two nights straight.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
SHIT. He messaged me a few days ago when my xbox was on but I was sleeping. Haven't seen him on since. Oh well, neither of us are beating Eva01. Or uhhhhh "quero", whatever the fuck that is???

Relix just take the match.

I fly out tomorrow afternoon.. I gotta drop my dog off at the kennel, I then have like 8 other things to do before I leave.

Tonight I get home from work late since I Need to wrap stuff up here before I leave for EVO/Vegas, and then I'm sitting in line at a theatre with friends for good seats for a midnight showing at Harry Potter.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
^ that sucks. If you can still try and do the match we can do it, I wouldn't like to take a "Bye" win =P. If it's impossible well then... but if it can be done at any point just let me know. If by any chance you see someone playing Gears of Wars 2 it's not me, it's my sister =P

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Now its really doubtful since tonight I'm going to see Video Games Live (<3 my job).

Just because I envy you I will gladly take that win!! :-@!!! :lol

Nah, if we can do it today or tomorrow I'll be glad to accept it, just let me know =P. Enjoy.

PSN Round <insert number here>

Dfyb vs. Killa Sasa

3-0, 3-1 (Cammy vs. El Fuerte, Gouken).

GG's man. I had to play so randomly to keep your El Fuerte off of me :lol

Now to defeat the ginger Akuma.

Killa Sasa said:

Dfyb vs. Killa Sasa

Nice work. dfyb is no joke with that Fuerte.

Killa Sasa said:

Dfyb vs. Killa Sasa

My Akuma probably doesn't stand a chance. Damn you Akuma. Good thing I have a reliable back up. Oh wait.

Normally I have the element of surprise on my side.

I've played you a billion times and you know all my tricks :lol I can't wait raging demon'd off of a semi-safe Spiral Arrow.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Round 6 is over... duh

Round 7 Deadline: Saturday 18th at 10PM EST
PSN Losers Bracket Finals: Killasasa vs. Findmyfarms

XBL
Relix vs. Arstal
guero vs. Lyte Edge

XBL
2ailts5.gif

PSN
20fce8o.gif

Lyte Edge

XBL Losers' Bracket Match
-------------------------------

Lyte Edge Vs. Guero

-------------------------------

Guero Wins, 2-1!

--------------------------------
Match Breakdown:

Match 1: Quero DESTROYED my Chun, using an amazing Ken and tons of rush-in tactics I just was not used to. But I was expecting to lose so the pain wasn't so bad! :lol 3-0, Guero. Thinking about it, this is the first time I've played against a Ken player in like a month or two! o_O Never thought I'd be saying that, especially back when the game came out! :lol

Match 2: Guero switches to alternate costume DAN, I am Chun again, and although he gives me a good solid whuppin', I managed to come out ahead and win the match, 3-2.

Match 3: Back to Ken, AKA LYTE GAME OVAH! I switched to Cammy and managed to get one round on Guero before he beat me into oblivion! 3-1, Guero.

---------------------------------

NOW I AM FREE! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! GGs to everyone and good luck to everyone left!!

I enjoyed the tournament a lot, and once again never thought I'd get as far as I did. There was a point where I was wondering why I even entered; I was getting burned out big time on SF4 and was heavily anticipating BlazBlue, but at the end, I ended up feeling pretty re-invigorated and have been enjoying SF4 once again!

Taking a minor break from the game (some tourney bouts aside) for a few weeks was definitely needed, but it also affected my game a bit, and there have been a match or two where I might have done much better or won, but I'm just happy to have been able to play against so many excellent players!

I'll definitely be up for entering another tournament if it happens, but I think next time it's time to at least switch up my alt. Been itching to get better with Sakura and Abel.

And bring on the BLAZBLUE tourney!! :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Yeah, I wanna do a Blazblue next. With lobbies it will be a great help. But please let me get the game first :lol I wanna do one early august or so, people will have had time with the game =D

Arstal and I are having slight problems since he will be busy all weekend and we are seeing if we can do the match tomorrow evening or something if possible.

The most epic match to ever have happened on GAF thus far is over.

Only one stands (on the loser's bracket)

Findmyfarms defeats Killa Sasa 2-3, 3-2, 3-2.

The final match featured a comeback from 0-2.

Lots of combos, reversals, mind games and FIYAH POWAH.

Glad to have made it this far and much happier with how my tag team performed this time around (ESPECIALLY with Cammy, i think I've made solid strides with her even though I can still get a little chaotic). This tourney made me better, and has me set on winning some prize money at a couple local tournies in the next few weeks.

And now I am certain that Cammy-Akuma is a 5-5. Both have a lot of good things going for them in the matchup, and it comes down to the player, not the character. Shoutout to FMF, I know the matchup well enough now, thanks for the help with that.

Good luck to both ptown and FMF. Bigups to Relix for organizing the whole thing.

PS: I only ate one raging demon :D Hopefully though, I've learned how to close the door on people (first slayn, now you :p)

Whatchu talkin bout, EVERYONE :)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Relix won 3-2, 3-0.

I just can't get in on Chun easily. Shoulda considered Rose.

Now bring on KOFXII and Tekken.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
arstal said:
Relix won 3-2, 3-0.

I just can't get in on Chun easily.

That matchup is quite bad for Honda I think, and I know it pretty well especially since Honda is my second character =P. Were a bunch of nice matches, especially the first one had me sweating... EVEN MORE when the freaking bettery of my controller died and I had JUST changed it. I was like WTF?!?! Had to immediately open my wireless mouse and switch batteries. Really thanks a LOT for not having kicked my ass while I was standing :lol Pretty nice matches, would love to play you later again :D

Now I fight guero... we faced on a championship match and it was a 2 bar fight *sigh*. I am sure I can take you on! :D

GGs Arstal!

EDIT: You won't get Blazblue? =(!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Relix said:
That matchup is quite bad for Honda I think, and I know it pretty well especially since Honda is my second character =P. Were a bunch of nice matches, especially the first one had me sweating... EVEN MORE when the freaking bettery of my controller died and I had JUST changed it. I was like WTF?!?! Had to immediately open my wireless mouse and switch batteries. Really thanks a LOT for not having kicked my ass while I was standing :lol Pretty nice matches, would love to play you later again :D

Now I fight guero... we faced on a championship match and it was a 2 bar fight *sigh*. I am sure I can take you on! :D

GGs Arstal!

EDIT: You won't get Blazblue? =(!

I have the game, I just consider it about as worthy of a competetive game as NGBC and 3s- in other words , not very. Really, the balance is very similar to those games, and unbalanced games drive me away. I'm mostly playing STHD/98UM online right now.

I'm waiting for XII instead.

K.Sabot

Balrog player here looking for work, GT is Stuffed Tiger. Note: My tag has nothing to do with Sagat, so feel free to kick my ass with him.

Edit: THIS AIN'T NO MEETUP THREAD.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
K.Sabot said:
Balrog player here looking for work, GT is Stuffed Tiger. Note: My tag has nothing to do with Sagat, so feel free to kick my ass with him.

I think you got it all wrong my friend....

K.Sabot

Relix said:
I think you got it all wrong my friend....
I feel as if I do have it all wrong, would'st thou do me a favour and direct me to a more appropriate area to look for work?

Edit: Found it.

Top Bottom