• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

Yo catfish, I just realized this will be hard to setup since we're in vastly different time zones. I can do games tonight possibly anywhere from 5-11pm Pacific. does that translate ok for you? If need be I can also be available 8-10a Pacific.

myDingling said:
Yo catfish, I just realized this will be hard to setup since we're in vastly different time zones. I can do games tonight possibly anywhere from 5-11pm Pacific. does that translate ok for you? If need be I can also be available 8-10a Pacific.

I had to play someone across the seas as well. If it helps you any in the scheduling process, central time is 6 hours behind gmt, which means pacific is 8 hours behind.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
myDingling said:

oh sweet lord. where are you aussie?

If you 8 hours behind GMT and I'm 1 hour ahead of that.... err oh balls, I get the worst draws damn already feel like i'm draggin my heels as I had to forfeit the first round.

I have a visitor here this weekend as well. fuck fuck. but I'll find the time I'm sure. I take it you work everyday or some such?

I was on all sunday evening but didn't catch you. bugger.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Question, if you know who your next opponent is, can you go ahead and play them?

Pretty sure Saqs is next for me, so I might as well learn the difference between a Rose dabbler and a Rose master.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
arstal said:
Question, if you know who your next opponent is, can you go ahead and play them?

Pretty sure Saqs is next for me, so I might as well learn the difference between a Rose dabbler and a Rose master.

yeeaaah sure

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ptown vs. findmyfarms to decide the WINNER of the Winner's Bracket of the PSN Tourney! =) Record it if you can guys!! :D

dfyb

Banned
wow i didn't even know that was you, ptown...

you didn't get my messages/friend request because i sent them to the wrong PSN ID :lol. i didn't use fuerte or even my alt gouken until the match was over. oh well

ptown

You used Akuma for the first, then Fuerte for the second match.

Then after we finished the first two matches, you didn't say anything and we kept playing and I started picking my secondary, Ryu, and then other characters.

Wow, sorry for the confusion. I sent maybe one message on PSN (?), a couple of random SF4 match requests, and a PM on GAF. :lol

Killa Sasa said:
GG's man. I kept eating that super :lol

Go ahead and play DarkSloth if you can. I'm not sure when my PS3 is going to be fixed. I'm hoping by the end of the week, but I can't be sure and I don't want to hold up the tourney.

I'm looking forward to doing this again. Great job running this Relix.

Ok, lemme help Relix out a bit here.

Current PSN matches

FindMyFarms vs Ptown

Lyte Edge vs Dfyb

Killa Sasa vs DarkSloth (and winner of this match plays teknopathetic)

Let's get it done guys!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ROUND 3 FINISHES TOMORROW! FIGHTS TO BE DONE:
XBL:
Nikashi vs. Avatar1
catfish vs. NintendopUnk
Pachinko vs. Takerz

PSN:
None

LOSER'S BRACKET ROUND 4 ENDS SUNDAY JULY 5TH AT 10PM EST
PSN Fights:
DarkSloth vs. Killa Sasa
Akachan vs. Lyte Edge

XBL:
Relix vs. iam86
TBA when the Round 3 matches are done.

PSN WINNER BRACKET FINAL FIGHT
findmyfarm vs. ptowm

XBL ROUND 4 WINNER BRACKET DEADLINE IS SUNDAY JULY 5TH AT 10PM EST
Phatsaqs vs. Arstal
Lake Earth vs. Lyte Edge

ptown

ptown vs findmyfarms (2 - 0)

Bison vs Akuma. Twice. There was bad lag and we had to restart the second match a few times, but eventually, it got playable.

GGs man. After playing those casual matches... if you picked Sagat, I'd probably get wrecked.

I know this thread is for setting up online rounds, but I still thought it would be the best place for this question (since you all are the people who play online regularly!)

I suck at Street Fighter IV online. Just flat out suck. I used to think I was good at fighting games, but playing this online for the last few days (with my TE stick) is just soul-crushing.

Should I just sell it off and get back to the games I'm good at? Should I gut it out?

Any tips for someone who just realized he's terrible at Street Fighter?

Timedog said:
Wait, I thought you were good with Ryu and Barlog?

I'd like to think I am lol. My chosen characters for this tourney are Akuma and Vega though. My Akuma couldn't handle ptown's riddum.

@bearcatjosh - Actually, this thread is a lot less frequented than the main thread lol. Anyways, pick a character, stick w/ em, learn their basics, and figure out why you're losing. Make sure you're execution is down pat and you can do all your bread and butters, make sure you have control of all your tools (i.e. anti air, close range pokes, zoning attacks, etc.) and figure out popular mixups. If you get all that down, and you still suck, THEN we have a problem.

FindMyFarms said:
I'd like to think I am lol. My chosen characters for this tourney are Akuma and Vega though. My Akuma couldn't handle ptown's riddum.

@bearcatjosh - Actually, this thread is a lot less frequented than the main thread lol. Anyways, pick a character, stick w/ em, learn their basics, and figure out why you're losing. Make sure you're execution is down pat and you can do all your bread and butters, make sure you have control of all your tools (i.e. anti air, close range pokes, zoning attacks, etc.) and figure out popular mixups. If you get all that down, and you still suck, THEN we have a problem.

Thanks. Yeah, I probably don't need to let online be my "practice" time.

bearcatjosh said:
Thanks. Yeah, I probably don't need to let online be my "practice" time.

Well you always need to play against other people. But use offline to master your execution, so that you can always do what you want to do.

Pachinko

Man I seem to be having bad luck with this tourny, Takerx hasn't posted on gaf in 5 days and I really doubt he'll be on xbox live, he didn't fire off a friend request when I last turned on my xbox so I may have another 'bunged match'. Ah well, I atleast had 1 fun round of fighting .

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Pachinko said:
Man I seem to be having bad luck with this tourny, Takerx hasn't posted on gaf in 5 days and I really doubt he'll be on xbox live, he didn't fire off a friend request when I last turned on my xbox so I may have another 'bunged match'. Ah well, I atleast had 1 fun round of fighting .

WHO IS YOUR MAIN AND SECONDARY?

Pachinko said:
STi xTaKeR 45166 Offline Last seen 1 hour ago on Xbox.com

I see him online regularly through the GAF FoF list, so maybe you should take the initiative and send a friends request of your own if you haven't already.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Relix said:
XBL:
Nikashi vs. Avatar1
catfish vs. NintendopUnk
Pachinko vs. Takerz

PSN:
None

LOSER'S BRACKET ROUND 4 ENDS SUNDAY JULY 5TH AT 10PM EST
PSN Fights:
DarkSloth vs. Killa Sasa
Akachan vs. Lyte Edge

XBL:
Relix vs. iam86
TBA when the Round 3 matches are done.

PSN WINNER BRACKET FINAL FIGHT
findmyfarm vs. ptowm

XBL ROUND 4 WINNER BRACKET DEADLINE IS SUNDAY JULY 5TH AT 10PM EST
Phatsaqs vs. Arstal
Lake Earth vs. Lyte Edge

Relix, I already had my matches against Akachan and won.

If it's not too much trouble, could you update the bracket images? I think it helps people see who they have to fight quicker...

Lyte Edge

Pachinko said:

I've seen him on Live for the past few days.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL:
deleu1.gif

PSN:
15cluyq.gif

:D

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Relix said:
XBL:
Nikashi vs. Avatar1
catfish vs. NintendopUnk
Pachinko vs. Takerz

Relix,

we are 10 hours apart and both work... I tried to catch him last weekend sunday but just didn't see him. We can't really get it done until the weekend unfortunately.

catfish said:
Relix,

we are 10 hours apart and both work... I tried to catch him last weekend sunday but just didn't see him. We can't really get it done until the weekend unfortunately.

And that's not gonna work because I'm gonna be gone all weekend for 4th of July. So uhhh...I guess Relix just decides who wins randomly? Honestly, it would probably be the same outcome given the lag we woulda had if we did fight...

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
myDingling said:
And that's not gonna work because I'm gonna be gone all weekend for 4th of July. So uhhh...I guess Relix just decides who wins randomly? Honestly, it would probably be the same outcome given the lag we woulda had if we did fight...

I'll decide the winner then. Can't hold up the tourney for 2 weeks! I'll throw a coin three times...

myDingling is faces
catfish is tails
Whoever wins we los... I mean... whoever wins twice takes the win =P. I can make a video out of it if you guy want to see it was fair

Relix said:
I'll decide the winner then. Can't hold up the tourney for 2 weeks! I'll throw a coin three times...

myDingling is faces
catfish is tails
Whoever wins we los... I mean... whoever wins twice takes the win =P. I can make a video out of it if you guy want to see it was fair

That's right folks, my new main is FACES. qcfx2 + PPP for Flip Attack Ultra :p

Post as soon as the results are in. I'll get a potential 4th round battle in tonight if I continue.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I believe ya relix, you seem like a stand up guy.

TAILS NEVA FAILS

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Saqs just pretty much raped me, started to adjust at the end, but I couldn't actually do anything aggressive.

Pachinko

Okay I added timedog to my xbl friends list although that wasn't who my match was against according to the list, didn't play him either as I had to step out.

A friend request went out to takerx and I'm gonna go down and check if he accepted yet, hopefully I can get this match done. If not whatever, flip a coin give me a loss. I leave it up to you :p

But just wait until tommorow to see if the match was done.

Lyte Edge

XBox Winners' Bracket Match Round 4
------------------------------------------------
Lyte Edge Vs. LakeEarth

LakeEarth Wins, 0-2

Match Break-Down:

I used Chun-Li and LakeEarth chose Honda in both matches.

Match 1: I probably should have warmed up a bit but was playing '98 UM and BlazBlue instead, so it was LYTE GETS SPANKED TIME! We had a somewhat laggy match but it was pretty playable; LakeEarth took me down 1-3!

Match 2: The rematch, we had a disconnect after the first round, but re-started and poor Chun just got raped raped raped by the big man. I cried! :lol

--------------------------------------------------

GGs LakeEarth, where were you playing from, anyway? I WILL COME FOR REVENGE :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I'll wait a few hours and see if some of the matches that remain are done...

but I already threw up the coin for catfish and myDingling....

Winner 2-1 is MyDingling :lol Last coin throw was epic, it just bounced like three times in the floor and finally faces appeared at the end. Sorry catfish =(, this isn't the best method but I just cannot let the tourney get held up =(.

XBL FINAL WINNERS BRACKET
Lake Earth vs. Saqs

LakeEarth

Lyte Edge said:
GGs LakeEarth, where were you playing from, anyway? I WILL COME FOR REVENGE :D
I'm only near the Detroit area, where I'm usually in the London Ontario region. There shouldn't have been THAT much of a difference in our connection from that small of a change (200km). Good games.

Relix said:
I'll wait a few hours and see if some of the matches that remain are done...

Winner 2-1 is MyDingling :lol Last coin throw was epic, it just bounced like three times in the floor and finally faces appeared at the end. Sorry catfish =(, this isn't the best method but I just cannot let the tourney get held up =(.

XBL FINAL WINNERS BRACKET
Lake Earth vs. Saqs

Hahahaha. Best match wrap-up yet :p

I'll add rummy bunz for next match.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Relix said:

Well. At least I put up a fight!

:(

Thanks for organising Relix, wish I wasn't on holiday when the whole thing started.

Wonder if there would be enough interested parties for a euro only version as the time diff really kills it (plus lag)

You know I'm really starting to see how good lobbies/a private tourney feature would have been for this. Wonder if capcom could add it via DLC. Would be a good way to extend the life of the game for cheap.

Lyte Edge

LakeEarth said:
I'm only near the Detroit area, where I'm usually in the London Ontario region. There shouldn't have been THAT much of a difference in our connection from that small of a change (200km). Good games.

Messaged you about this; as it turns out, there was a torrent file uploading on my computer that I had completely forgotten about. :/ Sorry about that!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
myDingling said:
Hahahaha. Best match wrap-up yet :p

I'll add rummy bunz for next match.

Oooh, cammy vs. cammy?

PS. I'm gonna kick your ass if I fight you again. I'm burning for revenge after you annihilated me in the first round!

Timedog said:
Oooh, cammy vs. cammy?

PS. I'm gonna kick your ass if I fight you again. I'm burning for revenge after you annihilated me in the first round!

You were just rusty. You kicked my ass after that in casuals. I'm starting to change up my cammy style so who knows. And I also picked up Ryu recently, just to spice shit up. A rematch would be nice, if rummy bunnz allows, hehehe.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs. Iam86 (2-0, 6-0)

Match 1: Chun vs. Balrog. I have experience against Balrogs and used it all in this match! I started with a Fierce Punch to break the ice... and it connected. Immediately I begun my plan of Fierce Punching Balrog and the Hassan Shou to wait for headbutts > Ultra combos. Worked the whole match... last round did get harder but I pulled it off.

Match 2: Same... Iam86 put more pressure this time and I whiffed my Ultra like two times but managed to come away with the victory.

Gg's Iam... fucking input lag though =(

I fight Ultim now... we can have our match whenever you want!

DarkSloth

PSN Loser's Bracket Match Round 4

DarkSloth vs. Killasasa (0, 2)

-----------------

I didn't even win a round!!! :(. I think i'm going to be sick. I was 1 step away from getting sweet sweet revenge.

Top Bottom