• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Street Fighter IV Tournament! XBL/PSN!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Forfeited Matches
Nikashi vs. Avatar1: Avatar1 wins
Pachinko vs. Takerz: Pachinko wins

with this, Round 3 fights are over!!!

XBox Losers Bracket
------------------------------------------------
TurtleSnatcher Vs. Avatar1

TurtleSnatcher wins 2-1

Match Break-Down:

I used El Fuerte for all the matches and Avatar1 used Blanka.

Match 1: Blanka is not a good matchup for El Fuerte so I was worried but I ended up studying Avatar a bit before hand by looking at his replay etc and he completely relies on Up Ball. So I went ahead and took the time to take advantage and bait it. Worked well that match and got a ultra. He did some nice cross ups and mix ups with ultra as well!
Turtlesnatcher 3 - Avatar1 - 1

Match 2: I lost this match.. I was not connecting with anything.. I was whiffing like a mofo everywhere and not playing smart and turtleing a bit more. He punished me because of it since I became careless..

Match 3: I played more patient the first two rounds we had and it paid off.. I was really confusing him with my sweeping HK mix ups.. Up Ball either gets stuffed by it or he wasn't expecting it so many times. Then he came back another two rounds since I kept whiffing ultras and slides after blocked balls. Also ran into some electricities.. Didn't go well. I need to remember also to EX Leg throw the second blanka activates ultra.. Gets me out of wherever I am. The last match though I was able to stay on top of him and capitalize with lots of punishes (Running leg sweeps after blocked balls). I finished it by baiting an up ball and landing my ultra as he fell back to the ground.
Turtlesnatcher 3 - Avatar1 - 2

--------------------------------------------------

Good games Avatar1. I hate Blankas!! Nice job with the hops and Up Ball.. Not sure why I kept falling for that..!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL Round 4 Losers Bracket
Rummy Bunz vs. Dementia
Pachinko vs. Timedog

Winners Bracket:
Final: Phatsaqs vs. Lakeearth

PSN Round 4
Lyte Edgev s. dfyb
TurtleSnatcher said:
BTW

I'm guessing we will delay the tourney a bit for people who go to EVO?

Im gone July 15 - 21st.. so.. yea...

This should be done by then *wink*

Good games, TurtleSnatcher! You did some good recon. I *know* I am sooo predictable (not just with the upball, but in other ways as well) but I do it anyway. It's a hard habit to break.

I usually try to play against Fuerte how a Fuerte plays against me.. pretty random. However, during those matches the upball didnt get mixed up at all. I just didn't know what to do against Fuerte's wakeup tricks and it really showed. I default to upball when I don't know what to do. I haven't played against enough Fuerte's (online or in tourneys) to bother looking up how to counter each of Fuerte's options as I'm in wakeup... I'll have to do that now. LOL.

And your mixups DID really give me a hard time! Argh! You could probably tell that I just didn't know what to do on wakeup many times.

Still it was great fun. It's not often I get to play against a Fuerte, much less a good one. Maybe we can play again sometime so I can get more practice against him lol.

Pachinko

Hey timedog, I got an arcade stick coming in that should be here next week.. I don't exactly need it to play (I'm not that good) but I wouldn't mind waiting until I get it to do our match.

Prolly won't change the outcome though so if you want to do it soon then by all means , I already added you , I should be online periodically throughout the weekend starting later tonight.

Relix said:
XBL Round 4 Losers Bracket
Rummy Bunz vs. Dementia
Pachinko vs. Timedog

Winners Bracket:
Final: Phatsaqs vs. Lakeearth

PSN Round 4
Lyte Edgev s. dfyb

This should be done by then *wink*
Guess im effed..

I leave town next weekend and then am back for 2 days to only leave again for EVO.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Pachinko said:
Hey timedog, I got an arcade stick coming in that should be here next week.. I don't exactly need it to play (I'm not that good) but I wouldn't mind waiting until I get it to do our match.

Prolly won't change the outcome though so if you want to do it soon then by all means , I already added you , I should be online periodically throughout the weekend starting later tonight.

What is your xbl name?

Relix and Rummy Bunnz,

Hey guys, I'm not going to be able t get the 4th round bracket match in by the sunday deadline. I'm away from my 360 this whole weekend and won't have access until Monday night. I guarantee you it'll get done monday or else I forfei the match. But if you don't want to hold things up then I don't mind a DQ. Just wanted to give you options.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
myDingling said:
Relix and Rummy Bunnz,

Hey guys, I'm not going to be able t get the 4th round bracket match in by the sunday deadline. I'm away from my 360 this whole weekend and won't have access until Monday night. I guarantee you it'll get done monday or else I forfei the match. But if you don't want to hold things up then I don't mind a DQ. Just wanted to give you options.
Fine. I forgot to take into consideration the 4th of July and that everyone would be drunk and partying, so it's fine!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL Fights to be done:
Pachinko vs. Timedog
Rummy Bunz vs. Nintendopunk

Saqs vs. LakeEarth

PSN Fights:
Actually, its more like Round 5 here XD!
Lyte vs. dfyb

Pachinko

Hey relix, takerx added me to his friends list , I realize it's late and all but just for piece of mind I'll do atleast the missed match with him AND the current legitimate match with timedog. That way I won't feel guilty about denying takerx a match(and a probable win followed by a match between him and timedog). Kind of sad on all our parts that we didn't simply add all potential opponents the first week of this tournament, might have gone a bit smoother that way. I'm guessing some of you folks did though, good on ya for that.

I mean it's not like you can't just delete friends off the list after the tournament if you need to.

I mentioned it in an earlier post but I should be getting a SF4 TE stick in the mail well before the deadline for the current round, as in I ordered it last wednesday and the site mentioned 2 business days processing which is finished and 2-3 days shipping but it's only 1 province over so it could show up tommorow :D So , message for both takerx and timedog- as soon as I get that stick and play with it for a few minutes we can get our fight on.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Pachinko said:
Hey relix, takerx added me to his friends list , I realize it's late and all but just for piece of mind I'll do atleast the missed match with him AND the current legitimate match with timedog. That way I won't feel guilty about denying takerx a match(and a probable win followed by a match between him and timedog). Kind of sad on all our parts that we didn't simply add all potential opponents the first week of this tournament, might have gone a bit smoother that way. I'm guessing some of you folks did though, good on ya for that.

I mean it's not like you can't just delete friends off the list after the tournament if you need to.

I mentioned it in an earlier post but I should be getting a SF4 TE stick in the mail well before the deadline for the current round, as in I ordered it last wednesday and the site mentioned 2 business days processing which is finished and 2-3 days shipping but it's only 1 province over so it could show up tommorow :D So , message for both takerx and timedog- as soon as I get that stick and play with it for a few minutes we can get our fight on.

have you used an arcade stick extensively? I was really hoping to not have to fight takerX. his xbl screen name is weird and scary and leads me to believe that he's amazing at fighting games.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Timedog said:
have you used an arcade stick extensively? I was really hoping to not have to fight takerX. his xbl screen name is weird and scary and leads me to believe that he's amazing at fighting games.

Don't whine, you are second only to Justin Wong!! :lol :lol :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs Ultimp00 (2-0, 6-o)

Match 1: Chun vs. Ryu. I started cautiouslly, and was also cold since it was my first game since coming from work =P. Eventually I got the hang of the fight and mantained my lead. I could repeat some combos and Ultim fell for them, so quite probably he wasn't ready for chun

Match 2: Same. The three rounds got closer each time, the battle did flow about the same way, but Ultim could have taken a round after he SRK'd my ass but he just jumped. Extremely sure it was an input problem. Could have gone different if he had won that round

Aftermatches were fun. I remember reading he needed help practicing against Chuns so I showed him a few of the combos and mixups. Oh and dude, those random Ultras in the later matches were just me practicing the Dash>Ultra. Seems I finally got the hang of it with lag. I missed it a lot, but I got you once when you Tatsumakie'd me =P. Also, you were fully aware of the fact of not to throw fireballs at me since I could Ultra you, big plus. Even guys with 30K GP forget that fact :lol . I also showed you the EX legs to Ultra, and missed one when I launched you into the air and screwed up lol. All in all fun games, if you need practice lemme know!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Enk..

Matches..

When?

Yes, you and I need a bloody rematch! =P

Relix said:
Relix vs Ultimp00 (2-0, 6-o)

Match 1: Chun vs. Ryu. I started cautiouslly, and was also cold since it was my first game since coming from work =P. Eventually I got the hang of the fight and mantained my lead. I could repeat some combos and Ultim fell for them, so quite probably he wasn't ready for chun

Match 2: Same. The three rounds got closer each time, the battle did flow about the same way, but Ultim could have taken a round after he SRK'd my ass but he just jumped. Extremely sure it was an input problem. Could have gone different if he had won that round

Aftermatches were fun. I remember reading he needed help practicing against Chuns so I showed him a few of the combos and mixups. Oh and dude, those random Ultras in the later matches were just me practicing the Dash>Ultra. Seems I finally got the hang of it with lag. I missed it a lot, but I got you once when you Tatsumakie'd me =P. Also, you were fully aware of the fact of not to throw fireballs at me since I could Ultra you, big plus. Even guys with 30K GP forget that fact :lol . I also showed you the EX legs to Ultra, and missed one when I launched you into the air and screwed up lol. All in all fun games, if you need practice lemme know!

Yes, you and I need a bloody rematch! =P

Chun is my worst matchup but I will probably use my Gen this time around maybe.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Chun is my worst matchup but I will probably use my Gen this time around maybe.
I'll be ready! I have fatty in the stand-by lineup though =P. Just in case!

Rummy Bunnz vs myDingaling (0-2)

GGs. I think I won a single round. Tried warming up a bit first but could only get one match in cuz no one was joining! And going back to SF4 after playing so much BlazBlue...it's not easy. Felt like I was playing in mud. "WHY CAN'T I AIRDASH?!" And I kept hitting the wrong buttons to throws and and oh it wasn't pretty.

I'm glad I lost! Cuz man, I am sick of this game and don't wanna play it again anytime soon. We had some good times, SF4, but all we do nowadays is yell at each other. It's over. :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
XBL Brackets
53ai6v.gif

PSN Brackets
vrepma.gif

Pachinko and Timedog! Get your match done ASAP, you guys have about 24 hours to get it done before forfeit.

ROUND 5
DEADLINE: SUNDAY JULY 12TH AT 10PM EST
CONFIRMED FIGHTS:
XBL -
Turtlesnatcher vs. Enk
NintendoPunk (My Dingling) vs. Quero < Bracket has an error, this is the correct matchup
Arde vs. Winner of pcahinko/Timedog
Phatsaqs vs. LakeEarth also falls within R5 deadline!

PSN:
dfyb vs Lyte Edge

There's no need to wait for the deadline, I am fairly sure this tournament can be over by then in fact.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Rummy Bunnz said:
Sorry if I formatted my post wrong but I lost my match, Relix. dingling should be the one advancing.

:lol :lol Actually it was my bad XD!!!

mydingling vs. Quero.

Hey it's late here, I am sleepy =P. Ill fix it in the next bracket revision

LakeEarth

Saqs has been online but set on away all day so I'll try to face him another day. Good thing too cause I wasn't really 'on' today.

EDIT - damn, he messaged me and I missed him

Pachinko

Pachinko vs Timedog (0-2)

Yeah I got schooled pretty handidly, I only wanted to wait on my stick because I played a bit with one and just found the game more fun. It wouldn't have changed that outcome though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Timedog defeats Pachinko

matches: 2-0

rounds: 6-0

I don't think I ever got below 90% health. I'M FINALLY READY TO TAKE ON JUSTIN WONG AT EVO.

Pachinko

man sorry to dissapoint ya there but you'd likely get better training against an easy AI :p I have to say you locked me into that corner damn fast and my scrubby blanka and dhalsim were essentially no match for your well trained ryu.

I wish you luck against this justin long.

XBox Losers Bracket
TurtleSnatcher Vs. Enk

TurtleSnatcher wins 2-0

Match Break-Down:

I used El Fuerte for all the matches and Enk used Chun-Li and Bison.

Match 1: This went pretty much in my favor most of the match. He was attempting to zone me but I have ways around it and when I got him down he had issues getting back up. Enk almost squeaked a round with a cross up that Chun has but I ultra'd it when he landed.
Turtlesnatcher 3 - Enk - 0

Match 2: Enk switched over to Bison and the first 2 rounds I pretty much dominated in. I actually stunned him in the 2nd round. But he made a mighty nice come back in the next 2 rounds and squeaked out the first one and then the 2nd one I could have finished after he ultra'd but Fuerte decided to stop running instead of splashing =[ 3rd round though went pretty much my way completely and caught him jumping around a lot and landed my ultra as he was coming back down to earth.
Turtlesnatcher 3 - Enk - 2

--------------------------------------------------

Good games Enk! I'm a bit better in SF4 then SF2HDRemix :p

We did some casuals afterwards and I played my Gen and I was trying out Sakura since I just started playing with her this afternoon. I squeaked out a win with Sakura against his Gouken but his Chun manhandled her.. Haha.. She is so fun. I've learned how to dash under people so it confuses them on landing.. I want to use her more now :)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You and I meet again TS!!! Let's leave the match for Thursday if it's fine with you. All work day tomorrow, need to take a break. I have a few tricks for Elf... and also for Gen =O! Hope you are not too predictable with him *devil grin*.

GGs dude. Wish I had time to warm up but I didn't want to go back on our 9:30 agreement. Oh wells, Timedog will get his revenge on me some other day.

Enk

makes good threads.
Great games last night TurtleSnatch!

I haven't touched SFIV in about a week due to BlazBlue. I knew I was destined to lose when I was attempting to do airdashes in my warmup session. Plus El Fuerte has always been a difficult character for me to read, especially when you get knocked down and you have to quickly decide if he's going to do a slide or a body slam.

LakeEarth

Awesome, I'll be on after some dinner and a few practice G1 rounds.

EDIT - Saqs has been away for over an hour :(

Saqs, I'm only offline on XBL because I don't have a router and can't be on the computer and XBL at once. So I'm gonna keep refreshing Xbox.com till I see you're not on away anymore. I swear everytime I get on XBL you're 1-2 minutes away or last seen 1-2 minutes ago.

LakeEarth

LakeEarth vs Saqs (2-1)

First match 2-3, second 3-0, third 3-0. Once he figured me out I couldn't get in anymore. Plus too little Rose experience, her crossup didn't really look like one so it kept getting me. I probably should've switched up to Abel when it became obvious I couldn't get around her fireball game with my Honda.

EDIT - he also picked up on my biggest problem, which is trying to jump during block strings. I still can't stop doing it.

PhatSaqs

Banned
GGs Lake. The first match you were all over me and had some pretty well timed counters to some of my tricks which made me think I wuz doomed. I settled down and played a little less aggressive later on. Didnt think to hook the cam up. I couldve recorded those :(.

LakeEarth

Yeah, if your character has a projectile, hanging back and zoning Honda is usually a good idea. Too bad not being recorded, I rarely get the see my replays to learn from my matches.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Lyte Edge said:

That deadline I gave out for R5 is too long, especially when everyone else is finishing their matches. I hope he comes back by Friday or something... I really don't like forfeiting matches =P

Top Bottom